Tom Petty

kenlow73

Petty was awesome. He was a real big deal to Floridians. King of like Billy Joel/Springsteen to New Yorkers or Seger to Michigan. I never saw him live, but I tried to get in to a small club in Gainsville in '99 that he would play every once in a while to pay respects to his hometown. I didnt get there 4 hours before the start, so I ended up rolling with some co-eds I met who were turned away as well.

RIP Tom.

I'm not sure now, half the world says he's dead, the other half say the other half were wrong

So, now Tom Petty is supposedly really dead until somebody comes back a few hours from now and says that was misreported.

Is cardiac arrest really that peaceful? Why do these PR people always announce stupid shit like that on FB and Twitter? My father died of cancer earlier this year and we didn't say "peacefully" or any BS like that to anyone, he was in pain and we knew it. I suppose cardiac arrest is kind of sudden given the persons way of life and probably a better way to go than cancer...

I say RIP Tom Petty, we lost a great legend of rock yesterday and he will be sorely missed.

I paid tribute to him last night by listening to a bunch of his old songs.

• Upvote 2

Is cardiac arrest really that peaceful? Why do these PR people always announce stupid shit like that on FB and Twitter? My father died of cancer earlier this year and we didn't say "peacefully" or any BS like that to anyone, he was in pain and we knew it. I suppose cardiac arrest is kind of sudden given the persons way of life and probably a better way to go than cancer...

I say RIP Tom Petty, we lost a great legend of rock yesterday and he will be sorely missed.

I paid tribute to him last night by listening to a bunch of his old songs.

it depends on the situation if it sudden and big you really dont know what hits you .Like flicking your fingers how quick you go

There are people dying all the time at any second could you stop making these threads about them? I understand if some one huge in MMA as Kimbo dies you can talk about him but who the fuck is this guy?

He's a famous musician and has been making music since the 1970's and this is the General Discussion forum, go troll somewhere else, Don't Come Around Here No More.

• Upvote 4