Learning speed confusion

SteelPenn

I have windows and do not see the # value when my fighter learns I go by how fast he pops from -- to + if its in two sessions then he is a keeper to me.

So I won two IQ tests over the past couple weeks and had a 16 year old fighter learn from -- to ++ in one class. I gave him one of the IQ tests and he got a 140 IQ so I was very happy.

Then I create another 16 year old fighters with the same build and trained him one class where he went from -- to + in one class. Gave him an IQ test and he got a 141 IQ ?

The first fighter with a 140 IQ went from -- to ++ in one class while the 141 IQ guy went -- to + in one class. How is it possible for a fighter with a higher IQ to gain less then one with a lower IQ?

Both fighters are create the same way in all areas. Both had 1 on 1 training with an elite coach.

I thought Intellegence effects how your fighter can adapt to the fight situation. So the more clever fighters dont really need to be given the 100% follow my gameplan since they can adapt better and decided what to do based roughly around the game plan. As for learning speed, I'm not sure how that ties in with the intellegence.

I have windows and do not see the # value when my fighter learns I go by how fast he pops from -- to + if its in two sessions then he is a keeper to me.

So I won two IQ tests over the past couple weeks and had a 16 year old fighter learn from -- to ++ in one class. I gave him one of the IQ tests and he got a 140 IQ so I was very happy.

Then I create another 16 year old fighters with the same build and trained him one class where he went from -- to + in one class. Gave him an IQ test and he got a 141 IQ ?

The first fighter with a 140 IQ went from -- to ++ in one class while the 141 IQ guy went -- to + in one class. How is it possible for a fighter with a higher IQ to gain less then one with a lower IQ?

Both fighters are create the same way in all areas. Both had 1 on 1 training with an elite coach.

By Windows you mean Microsoft's operating system? If yes it's possible to see that value but you have to use Mozzila Firefox + GreasyMonkey Scripts.

everyone in here is correct but I don't know why anyone would call you an idiot... if it's anything like real life intelligence would make you a faster learner. but it does not work that way in this game.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I understand that Learning speed and a fighters IQ are different in this game its the contradiction that confuses me. I just do not see how a fighter with a higher IQ learns slower when an IQ determines how fast you learn when the definition of the word mean to learn ?

A smarter fighter or a fighter with a higher IQ should learn faster. I do not get why this does not apply. If an IQ is more for how a fighter adapts his game plan then to me that would be more fight experience then IQ. To adapt a game plan one would need to be familiar or comfortable with fighting first, not smart but experienced correct?

I just feel an IQ should be a direct reflection of how smart your fighter is and how fast he learns.

By definition IQ mean : a number used to express the apparent relative intelligence of a person. So please explain to me where the learning speed comes from if not the fighters IQ?

Does it make any sense that a fighter with a low IQ can learn faster then one with a high IQ? No it does not.

I have focused on the business side of this game 100% of the time for years now and have finally come to the concussion that this game is not about being a Tycoon at all. Its about one thing only. Winning fights. MMAFighterManager.com should be the name of this game as its the only thing that matters in the rankings everything else is just fluff and does not matter.

So please forgive me with the silly newbie questions but a fighters IQ or how smart he is not affecting his learning speed it a contradiction to me.

• Downvote 5

I understand that Learning speed and a fighters IQ are different in this game its the contradiction that confuses me. I just do not see how a fighter with a higher IQ learns slower when an IQ determines how fast you learn when the definition of the word mean to learn ?

A smarter fighter or a fighter with a higher IQ should learn faster. I do not get why this does not apply. If an IQ is more for how a fighter adapts his game plan then to me that would be more fight experience then IQ. To adapt a game plan one would need to be familiar or comfortable with fighting first, not smart but experienced correct?

I just feel an IQ should be a direct reflection of how smart your fighter is and how fast he learns.

By definition IQ mean : a number used to express the apparent relative intelligence of a person. So please explain to me where the learning speed comes from if not the fighters IQ?

Does it make any sense that a fighter with a low IQ can learn faster then one with a high IQ? No it does not.

I have focused on the business side of this game 100% of the time for years now and have finally come to the concussion that this game is not about being a Tycoon at all. Its about one thing only. Winning fights. MMAFighterManager.com should be the name of this game as its the only thing that matters in the rankings everything else is just fluff and does not matter.

So please forgive me with the silly newbie questions but a fighters IQ or how smart he is not affecting his learning speed it a contradiction to me.

I get what you are saying, and the correlation that people easily assume between Fighter IQ and Learning Speed is easily misinterpreted. The way I see it is that when the game was made, it was probably non-sensical but better to separate these 2 aspects/hiddens as a means for balance overall (though this is just me assuming). Having a fighter who's as dumb as a bag of rocks that also learns very slow seems a tad unfair even if it makes sense. Whereas that same dumb fighter in the current system can pick up things in training quite easy, but is still quite stupid.

And don't forget, RNG can still fuck a fighter over even if people check for Intelligence and Learning Speed by giving them very low rolls + 30.

This should be in the noob section.. lol

It shouldnt be here at all IMO.

As far as IQ/Learning speed...well, you have fighters that aren't smartest guys in the world, thou they kick asses. Can't say Roy Nelson is smart guy, but sure as hell is he skilled. Lazy as hell, but skilled. I don't see why IQ should affect learning speed...unless fighter is mentally handicaped, which in this game doesn't really matter, right?

It makes perfect sense. IQ tests the knowledge you already know. You and I may both have a 140 IQ but that doesn't mean we reached that IQ at the same pace. You may have spent years practicing for the same test as to where I needed 2 months. One relates to speed of learning and the other relates to current knowledge.

It makes perfect sense. IQ tests the knowledge you already know. You and I may both have a 140 IQ but that doesn't mean we reached that IQ at the same pace. You may have spent years practicing for the same test as to where I needed 2 months. One relates to speed of learning and the other relates to current knowledge.

IQ tests doesn't check the knowledge...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_quotient

I advice to check first, then comment :)

IQ tests doesn't check the knowledge...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_quotient

I advice to check first, then comment :)

Intelligence, regardless the rest is still valid. Intelligence is gained through knowledge and experience so in the end knowledge is the majority of it.

Critical thinking skills... blah blah blah. Basically the point is the two are completely seperate. Learning speed and IQ don't have to correlate.

Intelligence, regardless the rest is still valid.

Pretty much. Like fuse said, some guys are GIFTED. Easier for them to learn how to kick, coz their body is more flexible. I would have to train for a while before I can pull out a decent headkick. But someone can just walk in, take a look how its done and throw it at will. That's nothing new.

IMO as a school teacher. IQ test don't mean much. Sure it shows you how well you answered the questions on the IQ test, but really intelligence is a combination of hard work, subject matter, and will. Milton Hershey the creator of Hershey chocolate had a 4th grade education and failed multiple time, yet he was a very smart business man who had the will and a drive to succeed.

I know some guys with very high IQs who fail out of school and hand out on the street corner.

Sorry, I am babbling. High IQs guys do not need to be fast learners.

So would it be safe to say the difference between learning speed and an IQ is the physical ability to actually preform the arts trained?

This make a lot more sense to me.

Take Nick Diaz, train him.

Take Bill Gates, train him.

I love this has sparked a debate about IQ and how its wrong etc but that is not the question being asked.

Let me ask this question, if a man offers you to be three things out of 15, and two of them are a giraffe, you are gonna question why he has put it down twice. Here is my problem with it, if the man gives you 15 choices and all 15 choices are different. Are you going to ask why all 15 choices are different? No, you will use logic and common sense to prevail.

Now correct me if i am wrong but one clearly states learning speed. The other says adapt his gameplan. Now if you look at this from a blank slate prospective its quite easy to tell apart. Common sense would tell us, is a fast learner means you guy learns fast. Adapt a gameplan would be he knows how to change his strat on the fly, same way a NFL quarterback will call and audible at the line of scrimmage.

So with that being said, Killer Bunny would be right, it has no place here, its a question that shouldn't have been asked. Common sense and simple logic dictate that they are different.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

@ Dinoo We are not talking about the boxes you check while creating a fight and this thread clearly states that if you read it? So im not sure what your talking about? We are talking about Learning speed or the rate your fighter pops at -vs- a fighters IQs and if it has any effect on each other.

So thanks for being a jerkoff again while once again not knowing what your talking about. Stop your hate campaign, put me on mute and be done with me please. I feel your just a fun killer for me and my group and want no part of you.

@ Stupidfuckingasshole - Always great to read your insults, thanks again.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

@ Dinoo We are not talking about the boxes you check while creating a fight and this thread clearly states that if you read it? So im not sure what your talking about? We are talking about Learning speed or the rate your fighter pops at -vs- a fighters IQs and if it has any effect on each other.

So thanks for being a jerkoff again while once again not knowing what your talking about. Stop your hate campaign, put me on mute and be done with me please. I feel your just a fun killer for me and my group and want no part of you.

@ Stupidfuckingasshole - Always great to read your insults, thanks again.

Do we really need to start the vulgar language again? I was simply answering a question. Once again your comprehension of the English language has let you down again. Let me try again and explain this from the very start with one very simple question then you can read the rest of what i wrote.

What hidden box do you tick in order to try to give your fighter a high IQ? After you have answered that question the rest should just fall into place for you to why i wrote what i wrote. As far as a hate campaign i am sorry to burst your bubble sweetheart but i don't need all the attention to be on me. If you browse around the forums or even ask one of your alliance members i am sure you would have found the answer.

I like the way you say you speak for your group. Does that mean you own that group and take away there individual right to like or dislike someone? You may find some of your alliance members do actually talk to me and either like me, or don't mind me. You cannot let your own personal hatred of me spill over onto the Steel Penn alliance. Do you really want to be associated with the likes of Jim Jones? I could imagine the TWW headline, 50 dead as Steel Penn tells them to drink the Kool-Aid.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1