The Island Season 5

I believe it may depend on the weight class, though I cannot say for sure.

If you have a fighter in it, the way I would find out would be as follows:

- Click the link for the event the first round fight shows on (one place you can do this from is the "fight offers" screen. For my fighter in the 135 lb division, this is "The Island Season 5, 135 lbs, Round 1 (865781)"

- Look at the number of fights here - in this case 8. That means after the first round, only 8 fighters will remain.

- Which then of course means after the second round, only 4 will remain, then after the third only 2, then after the fourth only 1 (the winner). So for this tournament, there are 4 rounds.

- If you're more into the math/formula side, 2 ^ (number of rounds) = (total fighters in the tournament). If not, it shouldn't be too hard to walk through the above.

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

I believe it may depend on the weight class, though I cannot say for sure.

If you have a fighter in it, the way I would find out would be as follows:

- Click the link for the event the first round fight shows on (one place you can do this from is the "fight offers" screen. For my fighter in the 135 lb division, this is "The Island Season 5, 135 lbs, Round 1 (865781)"

- Look at the number of fights here - in this case 8. That means after the first round, only 8 fighters will remain.

- Which then of course means after the second round, only 4 will remain, then after the third only 2, then after the fourth only 1 (the winner). So for this tournament, there are 4 rounds.

- If you're more into the math/formula side, 2 ^ (number of rounds) = (total fighters in the tournament). If not, it shouldn't be too hard to walk through the above.

Hope this helps.

Thanks! very helpful.

so ends my uneventful island season with a controversial judges decision .Worst island season ever hopefully next one will be better

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=824536

Leg kicks and a couple of body kicks...yes well deserved loss, there is nothing controversial.

• Upvote 2

so ends my uneventful island season with a controversial judges decision .Worst island season ever hopefully next one will be better

Funny enough, someone was asking the other day what the differences between 10 Point vs Whole Fight judging were. Prime example right there. Whole Fight, you lost it, 10 point must, you would have likely won.

You just need to know the differences between them in order to know if you got screwed or not. All you read were the commentator's verdict which is tailored towards 10 point must.

• Upvote 2

Leg kicks and a couple of body kicks...yes well deserved loss, there is nothing controversial.

I think Tai has won this one but let's see whether the judges agree with me. Over to the ring announcer for the scorecards.

:owned: :owned: :owned: :owned:

Mickey Hart Vs GangiBangi...nothing good can come of this.

What do you mean ?All good things come when i lay a forum smack-down on little pups who have it coming :showoff:

He rearranged your face, there is nothing controversial really, all you did was bruising his legs that by no means will lead you to an unanimous decision win, if you are using your face like a punching ball, ever heard of damage?

Plus the commentator doesnt mean shit, countless of times i outpunched my opponents by a large margin too, with commentators sayng "i think he got this he got that blablah", but my sliders damage % was not enough to win the match.

to be honest it was a good fight and I thought you were gonna win when I was watching the pbp . Although it really was anyone's fight.

Funny enough, someone was asking the other day what the differences between 10 Point vs Whole Fight judging were. Prime example right there. Whole Fight, you lost it, 10 point must, you would have likely won.

You just need to know the differences between them in order to know if you got screwed or not. All you read were the commentator's verdict which is tailored towards 10 point must.

I posted about this before the IIsland tournament started, to see what whole fight scoring was all about.

Is there a start date for the next season? Or how long after does it generally start up again.

Rule of thumb: since the season effectively ended 1st July, the next season will start 1st September. This gives just enough time to run the tournament, take a month off from The Island, and start it back up again.

• Upvote 2