Opp Rank

gwad12345

This is something I've noticed for a while now but never had the motivation to post about.

Opp Rank, according to the wiki is calculated thus: Opp Rank stands for opponent rank and is the average ranking of the last 20 managers you have faced. This is their rank as of now, not their rank when you faced them. This value will update automatically after each time your fighters fight.[/size]

My opp rank has been perpetually around 400 since I ever noticed it, it barely fluctuates, and it is way, way off what, if calculated according to the wiki, it should be.

Let's go through my last 20 fights.

81810495859ce7d260e63c6245412267.png

Taking the average of the last column, I get 159.8, well off my supposed Opp rank of 441.

What is going on?

• Upvote 1

im not sure about this but it might be calculated from the point of the fight. So for example if Michael Knight was #1000 at the time your opp rank would be calculated from that rank not his current.

im not sure about this but it might be calculated from the point of the fight. So for example if Michael Knight was #1000 at the time your opp rank would be calculated from that rank not his current.

Again, from the wiki:

Opp Rank stands for opponent rank and is the average ranking of the last 20 managers you have faced. This is their rank as of now, not their rank when you faced them. This value will update automatically after each time your fighters fight.

I'm not sure why it's so far off, I stopped playing for the most part and only fighting one fighter but did that alliance tourney with creation fighters and mine dropped to around 800 when before it's always been above 200 and usually around 100 to 200 for ages. It doesn't seem to move or change now that it dropped.

No idea what's going on with it.

I'm not going to figure all of it, but it's been 800 for 3 months at least but here is my last couple fights manager rank now:

You'd think that would raise it a reasonable amount but think it's actually lower by a little, lol.

You seen to have an obsession with irrelevant posts when it comes to me. You got an issue with the ranks, feel free to message Mike with your concerns as I am sure he would love to read another mail from you complaining about another thing. I never once claimed they were perfect, I even said myself the fact I am in the top 10 shows there is an issue, but your issue isnt about me, its about the actual ranks. Im sure whoever I have beaten in the past couple of months will be delighted with yout input of my being a shit manager however.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

There's no way it goes by current rank of the managers regardless of what is said in the wiki. It would have to be the rank of each manager at the time you faced them. I have been tracking mine for awhile now and top managers like Bre t and the only time it ever fluctuates is when I have a fight, it's always the same regardless of the past 20 manager's rank changes. Not even from 88 to 89 for example once until my own fights.

Either way it seems like something is not quite right with it.

While we're at it best comp rating/worst comp rating is a joke with its current set up. Should nix them both and add worst OPP rank and sonething else.

If you think that is me being defensive, then you are sorely mistaken. Your smoke and mirrors thing with the whole "All I am saying is that manager rank needs reworking" while your entire post was dedicated to attempting to insult me is also a sad example of yourself also. Like I said, you post irrelevant things in threads purely when you feel to need to insult other people, and while this thread is about Opp Rank, feel free to make a thread on suggesting an improvement to the Manager Rank currently in place if you feel it warrants changing.

Side note - The bigger warning sign would actually be Torrelio Sacana who currently sits at #3 despite only having 3 fights in nearly 5 months. You could use that as a point in combination with mine when making your Manager Rank improvement thread.

#1 W Cloud Strife vs Scott Blaker - Opp Manager : Coach Steve rank 432

#2 W John Brophy vs Forged Steel - Opp Manager : Steel Penn rank 807

#3 W Davie Brophy vs Edward Scissorhands - Opp Manager : Pablo Spezziale rank 39

#4 W Bob Brophy vs Kenuichio Harada - Opp Manager : Cody W rank 166

#5 L Red Brophy vs Brutus Beefcake - Opp Manager : Seamus OConnell rank 370

#6 L Zell DIncht vs Phol Hunt - Opp Manager : Ispa Murhapuro rank 66

#7 W Michael Brophy vs Malcolm Merlin - Opp Manager : Blunts Allday rank 38

#8 W Cloud Strife vs Johnny Deluxe - Opp Manager : Kenny Powers rank 154

#9 W Ryan Brophy vs Li Kong Ho - Opp Manager : Clark Kent rank 134

#10 W Irvine Kinneas vs Shane Austin - Opp Manager : Power Shark rank 95

#11 W Davie Brophy vs Pedro Lopes - Opp Manager Split M rank 600

#12 W Cloud Strife vs Mark Hunt - Opp Manager Sunny Palmer rank 376

#13 W Rustam Kersikov vs Joe Risley - Opp Manager Alika Webb rank 84

#14 W Bob Brophy vs Darius Miller - Opp Manager Big Zeek rank 182

#15 W Red Brophy vs Garrett Reddish - Opp Manager Erik Steele rank 116

#16 W Seifer Almasy vs Frank Cash - Opp Manager Mad Matt rank 1033

#17 W Ryan Brophy vs Jacob Whitehorse - Opp Manager “Clever” Hans Schmidt rank 114

#18 W Michael Brophy vs Sumbu Kalambayo - Opp Manager Rocco Mediate rank 45

#19 W Cloud Strife vs Joe Schmo - Opp Manager Bear Stevenson rank 28

#20 W Red Brophy vs Sweyn Forkbeard - Opp Manager Rocco Mediate rank 45

That is my last 20 when you don’t factor in 2 test fights against myself (I’m not sure if it would include those against yourself into it, and if it does if it would take your actual rank into account or give you another figure for that spot but for the purpose of this and if it does get looked into I figured it worthwhile looking at any fights that could have been included that weren’t involving me fighting myself).

According to my profile, my average Opp Rank is 1213, while from the ranks above it should be 246 average opp rank (4924 / 20). I'll note as well that at current time my rank is #4 just in the event that has some bearing on calculations.

Not sure if that would be any help towards figuring it out, but it’s there anyway.