MMA Tycoon Olympics 2016 Initial Announcement

GBK16

Did any of the medalists from 135 at deathsquad get paid? I got a response from a fight offer from clowns account that someone else was in control of it for now and won't do anything other than monitor a gym. So I'm assuming I'm going to get stiffed.

That's low. I remember when Aaron Fuckface Thai did the same to me.

Did any of the medalists from 135 at deathsquad get paid? I got a response from a fight offer from clowns account that someone else was in control of it for now and won't do anything other than monitor a gym. So I'm assuming I'm going to get stiffed.

I'll sort that division out for payment, the winner might take a week or so to get paid but they'll get sorted.

Edit: JLP (3rd place 250k) and David Brent (2nd place 500k) have been paid for their 135lbs division finishes.

On another note - I do find it bullshit that some of the orgs involved couldn't fulfill their commitments. Fair enough when it comes to Uncle Lar not being able to sort out the 3rd place fight at 155 as he had one foot out the door, but to not be able to provide Prize Money for your division that you fully hosted and benefited from is absolute horse shit. Especially when he is swanning around with over $5m in his managers balance.

I'll sort that division out for payment, the winner might take a week or so to get paid but they'll get sorted.

Edit: JLP (3rd place 250k) and David Brent (2nd place 500k) have been paid for their 135lbs division finishes.

On another note - I do find it bullshit that some of the orgs involved couldn't fulfill their commitments. Fair enough when it comes to Uncle Lar not being able to sort out the 3rd place fight at 155 as he had one foot out the door, but to not be able to provide Prize Money for your division that you fully hosted and benefited from is absolute horse shit. Especially when he is swanning around with over $5m in his managers balance.

I suppose there's nothing to get from MFN for the 155 people, makes you wonder why bother to participate.

I suppose there's nothing to get from MFN for the 155 people, makes you wonder why bother to participate.

It'll be a struggle, but I'll attempt to cover those prizes also. Might just take me a bit of time in order to get the financing since I was planning my finances based solely on paying my own $1.5m worth of prizes out for The Olympics.

• Upvote 1

Not paying signing bonuses and cash prizes seems to be standard practice now. I've got probably 1 million out there in unpaid bonuses and prize money I'll never collect. I felt terrible that it took me a few weeks to get Brent paid. The original plan was for Davies to take care of it. And I really fucked up the numbers on a card a few weeks back and lost almost a million. Really slowed things down for me.

Thanks to go for taking care of DS prize money.

• 2 years later...

There's talk but the issue's and obstacles are even bigger now than there was in 2016 and you can see some of them at play in this very thread. We also had more orgs at the elite level in 2016 which is a problem for hosting it now. The communication and trust between orgs (and fighters involved) involved, a certain degree of selflessness etc is involved. Like on this very page where multiple orgs never paid out prize money when they should have made millions off of their events and Grant ended up covering the cost.