ITFL - International Team Fighting League

shortfuse122829

Needs to be a clothing or nutrition sponsor Virtuouz, if any of your members owns a store they can do it. Or I will find 1 for you guys

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtQHpM5lj0cVdEt4WTZKOWMtLVo2Q0dTYlV2QUlKT0E#gid=1

Created an excel sheet to keep track of the standings.

Gonna post this in the main thread, but might also keep a top 10 rankings on the main thread. Was just gonna be tough to keep the standings with 8 teams and 40 guys competing the way EPL does on it's main thread

Just on rule 9 wearing team clothes etc is sweet - I question the wisdom of thanking the sponsor after the fight as it actually doesn't give any benefit to anyone at all given they sponsor is not likely to be the merch partner?

I don't mind either way - just thought I would throw that out there?

Well, we will have a merch partner but the idea was company sponsored teams, even if the owner didn't put a guy in. Like our team Kaiser, Roger doesn't have a fighter on the team but assembled us and can win a million in prizes. So really it was put in there more for their benefit

Yeah was gonna say i mean most of my team is sponsored by me with the exeption of lance.

8. Each team will have a coach/captain to decide fight picks. The HOME team will make the 1st pick and the 4th pick. With the AWAY team getting 2 and 3.

on this part above just wondering if it would be easier for the home team to make all the fight picks -- since we fight in our group twice this might speed things up instead of going back and fourth waiting and discussing match ups

I don't mind either way - it's pointless for Merch sales though :)

Would say using "other" and then thanking the sponsor along with a bit of smack to you opponent be sufficient?

That would probably suffice, even if any1 does fighter write ups or interviews....plugging your company sponsor would be cool. I know some people will do that but obviously not every1 or even a lot of people probably.

I am not overly concerned with those rules TBH. When I saw Minard's 5th Round FIght Team thread it kinda gave me this idea for guys like ManfredHBF who always played this game more for the "business" aspect of it over the fighting part of it. Or even guys like Ryan Minard and PBR who are always sending out sponsorships and giving out freebies, and really work hard on the business side of the game as well as the fighting side of the game.

I figured the companies would form a team (with their fighter included or not) and the company owner would be the coach and do the fight picks and such. This is the reason the team prize is 6 million. 1 mil to each of the 5 fighters and 1 mil to the company sponsor.

Thought it would give some of those guys like Manfred a fun thing to do in the fighting aspect of the game and some company bragging rights. A little bit of the spirit of that got lost in an attempt to fill it, as 40 fighters is a lot.

Either way it will still be a pretty damn fun tournament

That's sorta where i see it going right now Toe Jam but we'll see how this 1 goes and how much interest I can generate for the next one.

My plan was as this season get's into the playoff stage, I would like a 180K restricted ID version to be starting up. Not sure on weight class or details or even if 180K would be the ID i use.

That's my initial thought because I would want them to be somewhat developed, or the frequent fighting over such a long period of time might hinder REALLY young guys growth.

So maybe like a 21-22 yr old type deal.

Would you guys consider runnign these tournaments year round? Different weight classes each time. Seems like it would be a real fun aspect to the game to always have it.

That's the plan. The next tourney will likely be same weight restriction but with an ID restriction. Not sure what the id restriction will be, maybe 170k+ or 180k+. We made this one open for the wider pool of fighters and to help build the orgs hype up first.

That would probably suffice, even if any1 does fighter write ups or interviews....plugging your company sponsor would be cool. I know some people will do that but obviously not every1 or even a lot of people probably.

I am not overly concerned with those rules TBH. When I saw Minard's 5th Round FIght Team thread it kinda gave me this idea for guys like ManfredHBF who always played this game more for the "business" aspect of it over the fighting part of it. Or even guys like Ryan Minard and PBR who are always sending out sponsorships and giving out freebies, and really work hard on the business side of the game as well as the fighting side of the game.

I figured the companies would form a team (with their fighter included or not) and the company owner would be the coach and do the fight picks and such. This is the reason the team prize is 6 million. 1 mil to each of the 5 fighters and 1 mil to the company sponsor.

Thought it would give some of those guys like Manfred a fun thing to do in the fighting aspect of the game and some company bragging rights. A little bit of the spirit of that got lost in an attempt to fill it, as 40 fighters is a lot.

Either way it will still be a pretty damn fun tournament

The concept is awesome and personally I can't wait for this to get underway!!!

Agreeeeeeeed

Just my opinion guys but I kinda like the no id restriction, its a real tough choice to throw your young guys into this tourney because of the fighting so often and not getting chances to fight...

But being able to put a vet in there who doenst need the training anymore makes it a no brainer.

Either way though awesome concept and really cool idea you guys got

Agreeeeeeeed

Just my opinion guys but I kinda like the no id restriction, its a real tough choice to throw your young guys into this tourney because of the fighting so often and not getting chances to fight...

But being able to put a vet in there who doenst need the training anymore makes it a no brainer.

Either way though awesome concept and really cool idea you guys got

By the time this is finished - if you are looking at at 170/180K ID restrcition then they will just about be done with their best training years anyway.

One of my guys Fighter ID 170,006 - is now 22yo so he will be around 24 by start date anyway.

The fighters that 180,000 are 21yo so they will be around 23 when this starts.. My guys start fighting earlier but 22/23 I think is the perfect time to start throwing them into the cage consistently.

A tourney like this (wuth ID restriction) is a perfect way get to low hyped highly skilled fighters eve fights without bashing on noobs in ID restrcited orgs.

• Upvote 1

First round fights have been finalized between Hells Balls and Deans Donkey's.

First fight pick was

Tito Hopkins as he knocks out errr sorry i mean fights Levi James

Second fight pick was

The jack of all trades Pete Wentz takes on striking sensation Garrick Ballantyne

Third fight pick was

The scariest mother fucker in this thing Nick Fury to take on former tourney star Kron Gracie

Forth fight pick was

Pitter Patter Dryden Mitchell to face the only man ever to defeat Victor Creed, Pete Damato

Last fight then by process of elimination was

Mr Clinch Richard Lightfoot as he takes on Big hitter Bam Boon the first.

I hope for a clean sweep from the donkey's and onward and upwards to that big ass prize pool.

• Upvote 1

TFP has over 3500 wins in it's history and those are the best four you guys can put out? LOL

jobbers

You don't break out a bazooka to take care of a pesky squirrel. You get your bee-bee gun. So yeah, we're bringing out some bee-bee guns to take out some bums. .

Ehhh sucks I have to throw out my best project, but you know, nobody will fight him anyways, might even beat a few 30+ year old cbombs.

I don't want to force a change of format on anyone, but just throwing it out there. What about, 1 or 2 round bouts? With one round I think you could just go all ou, maybe even have some energy to train a couple sessions for an opponent. Too bad we don' have an option for a TUF style 2 rounds then a sudden death round if we're even. That would be a sick option.

That would be a great option Swan Song, sudden death. I thought about 2x5's when it was 7-10 days between to lessen injury time hopefully but they shouldn't come into effect now, and while draws fit into the individual scoring not sure how it'd work with team scoring. 1/2 pts? AND I dunno PBR. Seeking out a company sponsor still and a legit team name. I HAVE PM'd all 5 managers though to figure out a captain/coach or discuss it amongst themselves. Still a month til we start but it is nice getting fights figured out early. We're all anxious to get started. 3/15 feels so far away