Does he have pillow fists?

damndaniel

Only a month into the game. Just created my first striking based fighter, a 25yo boxer. Had his first QFC fight, won by UD, he landed a lot of punches and didn't even get hit back once. Im very happy with his performance but one thing kinda bothers me. He didn't get the KO even when his opponent was tired and after landing all those punches. Do your best to guess his physicals, I had his slider set to 80 accuracy, 20 damage. 85 single shots to 15 combos. Here is the fight.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=999848

SO does he have pillow punches or is it more likely that its the sliders, opponents chin, and lack of strength being a 25yo?

Will weights and muscle bulk sups up his power? Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate all the advice.

• Upvote 2

You would be surprised lol. Depends on w/c and fighter KO power.

I knew I took a hard line there, I was just trying to emphasize that nobody uses 20% dam to go KO hunting and he shouldn't at all be surprised he didn't get a KO at 155# using this setting.

Yes, muscle bulk will up his strength which in turn increases his KO power.

• Upvote 1

I knew I took a hard line there, I was just trying to emphasize that nobody uses 20% dam to go KO hunting and he shouldn't at all be surprised he didn't get a KO at 155# using this setting.

Yes, muscle bulk will up his strength which in turn increases his KO power.

This is wrong, I have 53 knockout wins,16 decision wins, and 13 submission victories... I have NEVER put the slider over 30% damage and it is almost always around 20% about 80% of my fights end in first round ko...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is wrong, I have 53 knockout wins,16 decision wins, and 13 submission victories... I have NEVER put the slider over 30% damage and it is almost always around 20% about 80% of my fights end in first round ko...

Buy your win ratio is almost barely 1:1 and you could fight better competition.

You CAN ko with high acc/aggro and headhunt.

Less probable against a solid chin in 155lb or lower w/c and well trained fighters or good slider. And you have low strength.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Buy your win ratio is almost barely 1:1 and you could fight better competition.

You CAN ko with high acc/aggro and headhunt.

Less probable against a solid chin in 155lb or lower w/c and well trained fighters or good slider. And you have low strength.

I don't use high aggressiveness either.. I have knocked out some granite chin opponents but i'll chalk that up to them having bad strike defense or my guy just having good power lol

Also, the fact about 20 of my first 30 creations lost there first fights and I released them, I keep making silly fighters with no intentions of winning for tournaments or the island, I just figured out about two months ago how to actually train my fighters, the fact I used to not set slider, and often being outmatched by the other manager in experience has a lot to do with that win ratio. lmao

Edit: Pretty sure I was reading things wrong... lmfao

You would be surprised lol. Depends on w/c and fighter KO power.

I agree it takes the same amount of pressure to knockout someone who weighs 135 as it does 235 lbs, so in the higher weight classes it should be MUCH easier to knock out an opponent! Most heavyweights generate enough power in a half ass jab to knockout 90% of the people in the world.

• 6 months later...

One of my guys landed more than 100 G&P and no KO to an opponent with no chin to speak of - http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1022192

Probably hidden is very low which is unfortunate as i had high hopes for him because of his chin.

Regardless someone mentioned that you can make a great fighter even without KO power.

• Upvote 1

One of my guys landed more than 100 G&P and no KO to an opponent with no chin to speak of - http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1022192

Probably hidden is very low which is unfortunate as i had high hopes for him because of his chin.

Regardless someone mentioned that you can make a great fighter even without KO power.

How much strenght did he have in the fight and how did you go on accurate/powerful gnp slider? Also, the thing with gnp is that it does negative damage in guard/halfguard, some damage in side-control, and large damage in mount and back, so if most of the pounding happened in (half)guard and you had the accurate gnp slider far to the right, then your boy might actually have ko power.

I have to agree with a few others on here, 20% damage isn't a lot. When the opponent is managed by a decent manager and has somewhat of a chin, you'll not be able to get KO's easily.

Test around and use some big damage sliders as well, to find your best sliders for specific divisions/fights, it's the best way to learn it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Former #1 http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=269807

He is as pillow fisted as it gets, you can make a career without having KO power

Pablo Maraçon - Hiddens Report.

Intelligence: 91/150.

Heart: 135/150.

Chin: 111/150.

Injury Proneness: 14/150.

Self Confidence: 105/150.

Cuts: 94/150.

Fast Learner: 128/150.

Natural KO: 45/150.

Average: 90.4/150. Rank: 60,812 out of 199,498 (top 30%)

Don't know his Str, but 20% damage is waaay too low to get a KO on almost anyone, much less a solid chin. Almost regardless of his strength this slider setting is the primary reason he didn't get a KO.

? my fighter Ademaro dos Anjos rocked a fighter at very high accuracy in the third round. You just need the right sliders and gameplan.

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1013722