Guy countered his own missed strike

NorthernNinjas

Imo it is just a pbp line that should be in the counter actions pool went to the aggressive finishes action pool. I mean, ur fighter was getting finished anyway, just the pbp line is wrong. When a successful counter action is about to happen, the previous pbp line doesnt end with a "." so I am pretty sure this wasnt a counter strike.

If you read the fight and look at strikes thrown, there is one body kick missing from Ryan that isn't in the text of the fight. So my guess is there is one line of text missing before the counter that should read "Ryan misses with a kick to the body" and then the "and Saiarr counters with a massive uppercut that badly hurts Ryan! He's just covering up as Saiarr starts to tee off till the referee steps in and stops the fight!"

Ryan throws a body kick that misses.

Ryan throws a quick counter kick to the body but Saiarr avoids it.

Body kick: 2 (0)

Imo it is just wrong text.

Has happened to me too, but I just assumed it is wrong line so I didnt post here:

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=882813

The pbp line is exactly the same as in your fight. It should be deleted or changed in the list with aggressive ko finishes, but I dont mind if it doesnt since engine has bigger flaws than this.

Talking about weird pbp stuff:

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=899309

What caused the cut for Monk at the beginning of rd2 lol

That would be the strike that landed at the end of the first round. I'm like 90% sure someone confirmed it was a thing that can happen.

As for the original, I think a way of confirming if a line of text is missing is by looking at the line before the countering strike. In NorthernNinjas' example you can see the line before " Saiarr tries to score with a leg kick but it misses it's target. " ends in a full stop. Normal counter text leaves the previous line open, so as to run onto it to give the flavour of it being a sequence.