• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#121 Kingbagman

Kingbagman

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:57 PM

Lebron acually left the cavs in good shape. Colin sexton could be a good player right away and they do have young pieces like clarkson, nance jr, osman and zizic. If they run a pick and roll system like they did in minnosota featuring love they could be a playoff team. They can even trade love for a future first.

#122 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,389 posts
  • Interests:Games, MMA, Basketball
  • Manager Profile

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:55 PM

Leonard traded for DeRosan, i bet Leonard will be out within a year. 

#123 Jacman

Jacman

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 02:41 PM

Leonard traded for DeRosan, i bet Leonard will be out within a year. 

I understand trading for the guy and thinking maybe they can change his mind the way okc did with PG but under no circumstances should they have traded DeRozan. The Spurs pulled off a robbery imo. They got way more than I thought they were gonna get.

Jacman_Sig.jpg

untitled-19mnryf.gifgiphy.gif

PFL 6 Champion

2017 Camp League Runner-up

#124 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,389 posts
  • Manager Profile

Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:27 PM

Some are saying that Toronto robbed the Spurs, but i do not see it totally that way. I think the trade was fair on both sides, clearly Leonard is the better player, but he is on a one year deal and apparently wants to join Lakers. Many compare this to OKC, but is it? OKC had the MVP when George joined, what does Toronto have? I highly doubt they will convince him to stay in Toronto. The Spurs got a legit all star in DeRosan, i see a problem with him being a mid range scorer (like Aldridge), so they will have spacing issues almost certainly. Frankly i think the Spurs were better offer agreeing with the Lakers, how i understand, they were willing to offer 2 of Kuzma, Ingram + Ball, plus the 2018 or 2019 first rounder. That is a pretty good deal i feel. Either way, they did what they did, time will tell if it was the right move.

#125 Jacman

Jacman

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 06:12 PM

Some are saying that Toronto robbed the Spurs, but i do not see it totally that way. I think the trade was fair on both sides, clearly Leonard is the better player, but he is on a one year deal and apparently wants to join Lakers. Many compare this to OKC, but is it? OKC had the MVP when George joined, what does Toronto have? I highly doubt they will convince him to stay in Toronto. The Spurs got a legit all star in DeRosan, i see a problem with him being a mid range scorer (like Aldridge), so they will have spacing issues almost certainly. Frankly i think the Spurs were better offer agreeing with the Lakers, how i understand, they were willing to offer 2 of Kuzma, Ingram + Ball, plus the 2018 or 2019 first rounder. That is a pretty good deal i feel. Either way, they did what they did, time will tell if it was the right move.

The spurs got off great imo. The spacing will be an issue but if they can help DeRozan with his 3pt shot and I'm sure they could it would solve a lot of issues. And I would rather take a star caliber player like DeRozan instead of what the Lakers were offering. I'm guessing with Pop nearing retirement they want to compete and getting DeRozan helps them compete where as Kuzma, Ingram/Ball and a pick doesn't really help them much. They still need more but this goes a long way to filling that hole Kawhi left.

Jacman_Sig.jpg

PFL 6 Champion

#126 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,389 posts
  • Manager Profile

Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:40 PM

Short term i agree for sure, Derozan is not such a bad option, especially if he can improve the 3pt. He got a bit better last year actually.

#127 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,389 posts
  • Manager Profile

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:56 PM

So, do you guys think anyone has a real chance to compete against the Warriors? On paper, a Boston team with Erving and Haywood, will be improved over what they had last year and that team was good enough to push the Cav's in the finals of the East. Now Lebron is gone, they should be the favorites to face the Warriors in the finals. Some people are saying Toronto could be a serious improvement with Kwahi, but i am not so sure his head is in the right place + he could be there for just a year. I think Houston will be worse this year with Carmelo and an aging Paul, they also lost some of their role players like Ariza who were major for them, but in theory they should be the team to push GS in the west, last year they were very close until the inevitable happened (ie Paul getting injured in the playoffs again). 

My own team (the Lakers) is getting mixed reviews. Some people see us as being a 3-4 seed, others see us just scrapping a playoff spot. If Lebron cannot play 82 games and 35 minutes, we will likely be a 7-8 seed for sure, the West is the deepest it has ever been and the rest of the team is made up of has been's and kids. Unless Ingram or Kuzma (i highly doubt Lonzo will make a massive leap), can read All star levels this year, then we wont be a 3-4 seed for sure, Lebron cannot do everything himself, so i think the 7-8 seed is more likely than the 3-4 seed.

#128 Jacman

Jacman

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 02:59 PM

So, do you guys think anyone has a real chance to compete against the Warriors? On paper, a Boston team with Erving and Haywood, will be improved over what they had last year and that team was good enough to push the Cav's in the finals of the East. Now Lebron is gone, they should be the favorites to face the Warriors in the finals. Some people are saying Toronto could be a serious improvement with Kwahi, but i am not so sure his head is in the right place + he could be there for just a year. I think Houston will be worse this year with Carmelo and an aging Paul, they also lost some of their role players like Ariza who were major for them, but in theory they should be the team to push GS in the west, last year they were very close until the inevitable happened (ie Paul getting injured in the playoffs again). 

My own team (the Lakers) is getting mixed reviews. Some people see us as being a 3-4 seed, others see us just scrapping a playoff spot. If Lebron cannot play 82 games and 35 minutes, we will likely be a 7-8 seed for sure, the West is the deepest it has ever been and the rest of the team is made up of has been's and kids. Unless Ingram or Kuzma (i highly doubt Lonzo will make a massive leap), can read All star levels this year, then we wont be a 3-4 seed for sure, Lebron cannot do everything himself, so i think the 7-8 seed is more likely than the 3-4 seed.

Yet again nobody has a shot against GSW. Theyll win the title and I dont see them being pushed very much. Like you said the rockets have taken a step back and the Celtics will only get better if everyone stays healthy but the gap is still too much for them.

The lakers will be a 3 seed imo but at worst I see them being a 5 seed. The west is very deep but its Lebron James. The rest of the roster isnt very talented but to me theyre as talented and maybe even more than last years cavs team (depending on the progression of the young guys). I just dont see any team being better than a lebron James lead team outside of the warriors and rockets.

I may be a little biased but I think the Suns will be fighting for a playoff spot this season. Theyll most likely fall short of the 8 seed but theyll do better than most projections have them which is number 1 overall pick range.

Jacman_Sig.jpg

PFL 6 Champion

#129 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,389 posts
  • Manager Profile

Posted 15 September 2018 - 08:58 PM

You are way more confident than i am about the Lakers, i doubt they will be a #3 seed, #5 is an outside possibility i guess. It should be a pretty easy win for GSW but i think Boston could be a surprise package if Haywood and Irving can mesh into the team that made it to the East finals without them, but outside Boston, who else has the talent to realistically compete?

#130 Kingbagman

Kingbagman

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 108 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:06 AM

You are way more confident than i am about the Lakers, i doubt they will be a #3 seed, #5 is an outside possibility i guess. It should be a pretty easy win for GSW but i think Boston could be a surprise package if Haywood and Irving can mesh into the team that made it to the East finals without them, but outside Boston, who else has the talent to realistically compete?

Not a lakers fan but to me the lakers can compete with the warriors. They dont have the offense too match teams but they have 3 of the best basketball minds in the game on the team. Expect kuzma to have a big year and lebron to let ingram take that next step and play off ball while Lonzo and Rondo is in the game. Also they are going to be deadly in the fastbreak.

#131 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,389 posts
  • Manager Profile

Posted Yesterday, 07:09 PM

I hope you are right because we have sucked balls (i do not mean Lonzo/Lavar) the past 5 years this is the worse stretch i remember as a Lakers fan and i have supported them since 1987..............................i just checked, it is easily the worse stretch the Lakers have ever had. We missed the playoffs 5 years in a row, before that we only missed the playoffs 2 years in a row 1 time and that was in the mid 70s.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users