GSP live conference call

SteelPenn

Lawler? Really? What a joke. I do not like Hendricks at all. Condit is the top guy in that weight class with GSP gone. Look at the fight metrics stats on the Condit vs Hendricks fight. Condit clearly won that fight. Hendricks got 6 takedowns in that fight and that's it and won the fight, screw him.

Either one of these two fighters Hendricks or Lawler are paper champs. Condit will take the belt when he gets his shot and keep it for a long time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Lawler? Really? What a joke. I do not like Hendricks at all. Condit is the top guy in that weight class with GSP gone. Look at the fight metrics stats on the Condit vs Hendricks fight. Condit clearly won that fight. Hendricks got 6 takedowns in that fight and that's it and won the fight, screw him.

Either one of these two fighters Hendricks or Lawler are paper champs. Condit will take the belt when he gets his shot and keep it for a long time.

I agree. def dig condit

Wow, i did not see that coming.

It's nice to see a fighter retire before getting washed up and punch drunk for a change. I would have liked to see some closure between Hendricks and him, but like someone else said, he did enough to deserve our respect.

What i'd like to see is Condit vs Lawler, to determine a contender against Hendricks.

Now with GSP gone I think Condit will takeover this division. He lost to Hendricks(I gave him the fight) but that was a really close fight and I think he will improve on his takedown defense for the next time he faces him. If GSP does come back I would have to give him the edge over anyone because he's the true champ. Sad to see him go; in my opinion he is the greatest mma fighter ever.

I agree. def dig condit

I tend to agree, I think Lawler Vs Hendricks will be close and I'm hoping Lawler will win but I see Condit beating either one of them for the belt after that

I expect Condit vs MacDonald 2 on the same card for the next shot, UFC screwing Brown btw.

I'm not saying he doens't deserve it, but there's now way the UFC will give Macdonald a chance at a title shot that quickly. He's the next Jon Fitch.

---

Lawler would have more chance against Hendricks than Condit... Carlos would just leg kick him to a stoppage.

Gsp retiring this way is better than hanging on until he goes out like chuck Liddell. He's earned the right to call it when he wants to call it, he doesn't owe anyone anything.