Take-aways from first fights?

HareRumpler

Let me preface this by saying that I started out by taking a day or so to read through the forums, wiki, etc. to a degree, and (after finding my head spinning due to the amount of information/at times conflicting information) decided to take the advice I saw one person give to create a few 25 year olds, get them into quick fights, hopefully win a few, sack, create, rinse repeat. Now, I'll flat out say I'm not sure what the goal was for this, since the manager doesn't get 10% of the winnings (I believe?) so it's not going to help with finances right...so I assume this is solely to learn, and to hopefully build up a reputation so that eventually fighters you care about will get picked up on contracts?

So I did that, I created a couple...but I went with my instinct on building, etc. It wasn't until after that I came across info on piling points into certain stats and leaving others low so you can judge how fast the fighter learns, etc. So I've probably already started off wrong, and the first advice somebody might give is to "sack and start over right". And that's fine if it is, hey, I'm learning here.

That being said, my two guys had their first fights after (very) minimal training, a few sessions at best. More than anything, I'm hoping I can see what I can learn from those fights, if anything, so it's not a total loss for me and I come up to speed at least a little bit. The one I'm most interested in is the first one, since I actually set sliders and tactics for him.

This fight did NOT last long. So what I'm curious about...is this a reflection of him, of the other fighter, or a combo of both perhaps? He was up against a ground based by who likes submissions. However, he rocked him early with a punch (skill? luck? bad defense on the other guy's part?) that the other guy never really recovered from and it ended in 7 seconds. Is this an indication of KO power? Or just bad defense for the other guy along with a bad chin or no heart? Is there anything to learn from this? The ToTT didn't tell me a lot other than "Strong Chin" for my guy.

This other fight I hadn't adjusted sliders or tactics for (I got super busy at work and such), so maybe not much at all to learn from this. He's a boxer/MT guy, but due to the sliders ended up going for takedowns and such so, bleh. Basically spent a lot of time stalling other than Round 2 where he tried to ground and pound the guy but then failed to finish it when he could have.

Anyways, if tl;dr, I apologize. I'm trying to get my bearings and honestly it'd dizzying at the moment but I'm sure it'll start to clear up for me with time.

• Upvote 3

Dough Boy popping good chin is one of the best things to see.

The opponent obviously has a weak chin (or you have massive KO power!) and zero confidence (which means they don't fight back when hit).

I would either gain or lose him some weight. At the moment he's cutting a lot to get to MW. It means you'll be more powerful than an equivalent guy who's lighter, but you'll be slower and you'll gas out quicker. Strikes thrown, strikes received, and other hiddens like the opponent's KO power and your heart and chin will all impact his stamina in a fight too.

The benefit of giving max points to just a few stats is that the lower the skill is the faster it trains, so efficiency-wise it's much faster in the medium term to build them like this.

You might see him pop KO power or lethal high kicks (same thing) in the future, but you probably won't see the other hiddens except through interpreting fights. Although this tells you stuff: your morale bar after a loss shows confidence hidden, their recovery time from being rocked shows their heart, and you might get an IQ test for him one day.

It takes just a few months for an 18 yr old with average learning speed to overtake a 25 creation (if they're well trained). So enjoy learning about the sliders etc with some 25 yr olds then make a long term project or two. Make sure you test them in learning speed and hiddens (with a test fight or two) before you spend months of real time training them. This is a long term game if you want to rise up the rankings.

• Upvote 3

Bwang - Awesome feedback and much appreciated. Some of that I've picked up from treading through the forums and such and copying key posts to a notepad I'm keeping. It's great to get confirmation that I'm potentially thinking straight. I realized I'd limited myself on some of the things I could learn from these guys due to the way I built them after I came across other posts on learning speed testing. So good to know that these guys as well as a few more are a good route to learn about the sliders some and just get the feet wet before getting more serious about potential long-term guys.

Really appreciate the response. (and taking particular note about the recommendation on his weight, that's something I need to look at closer.)

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

It looks like Boy has great power and a good chin. As for your MT fighter, It looks like he could use some training but he should be ok in the long run. He just got outmatched is all; it happens, especially to young fighters.