http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img845/3198/vii5.gif

Championship Press Association

Now Closed

I will be continuing to write and boost the smack-talk threads with entertainment just no longer continuing the CPA thread.

Thanks for all who supported CPA and helped me out.

Dan "TheMould" Milners Writing availability: Available

Workload: Preferably once a week. Open to writing interview/reviews/previews. Done it all and in different styles

Time Period: Currently Short Term

Pay: Negotiable - dependant on size of org and workload/quality.

Example of Work: Most will have seen some of mine about but here the CPA link with all/most my work: http://www.mmatycoon...showtopic=43210

Other: Looking for short term work, am open to all offers but will ultimately depend on workload. Any questions or offers PM me. Available to write for both organisations and individual managers so if you want a fighter interviewed or previewed feel free to PM

Championship Press Association Press Release

Daniel “TheMould” Milner recently began Championship Press Association (opened 2/5/14) as a way for new, fresh writers, managers and organisations to get more exposure and keep fans up-to-date on the goings on inside of the MMATycoon world as they happened. So far CPA has been a relative success with over 125 views to keep track of breaking stories covering a range of topic but the company is not content with stopping here and wants to progress on!

Championship Press Association invites writers or anybody with a story to get in touch with founder Daniel “TheMould” Milner about working alongside, getting articles published or the company covering stories as the association looks to grow. Any writers interested can post their own work on the CPA thread and major news will make it to the CPA breaking news or headline news post. There is no catch to CPA as it is simply and association of writers looking to post their stories and give the die-hard community of MMA Tycoon a daily updated version of the “Tycoon News” – who CPA wish to work closely with – at no cost.

If you’re a manager or a small organisation with a story, fight build up or fighter profile/storyline you’d like covered, feel free to get in touch with founder Daniel “TheMould” Milner. Championship Press Association currently covers all events - with previews, reviews and fighter interviews - for International MMA powerhouse Synchronicity and Nevada based up-and-coming org Forbidden Violence.

Founder Milner had this comment to say; “Championship Press Association has gotten off to a great start and I’m not content with standing still, I always want to progress and keep it moving forward. The idea of CPA is for it to be a thread managers and organization owners/staff can look at, find the story they want quickly and have a quick read. I want people to think “oh, I have a few minutes spare and need to kill time, why don’t I check what news is on the CPA page real quick. All I can finish by saying is I hope any other Tycoon writers with an interest come forward and help make CPA a big thing!”

*All Reviews up two days after events and reviews minimum of two before the event. CPA will cover stories with a “Pay what you think the article” deserves attitude, we’ll write an article and you simply pay what you feel its worth for the quality produced. Any questions PM through in-game or forum.*

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-> Headline News;

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/14036459152.jpg

UCFL #2: Bad Intentions

Pre-Event Press Conference

UCFL #2: Bad Intentions comes to you live from The Underground (capacity: 2,000), Tokyo on Friday 27th June.

Dan Milner: Welcome to the press conference for UCFL #2: Bad Intentions, thank you all for turning out and all questions will be answered. Please keep all questions respectful and professional. I’d also just like to thank the 6 gentle man with me, who too my left hand side I have Benjamin Grundy, Clinton Chaos and Mark Coleman. On my right I have their respective opponents Marcos Duarte, Birigiz Ignatiev and Kiel Flay. Go ahead guys, fire away with the questions.

Reporter #1: To Daniel, it’s a simple one to start with, how do you view the opening weekend and do you think this event will be an improvement on the first?

Daniel Milner: Ask the fans what they thought of it, they were going nuts flat out for both nights and I saw a lot of familiar faces in the crowd on the second night. I think while myself, DW and the fighters have passion for the organisation we’ll be successful. Rome wasn’t built in one day and neither will UCFL be but we’re definitely off to a great start.

Reporter #2: Daniel what do you see in the fight between Grundy and Duarte. What’s got you most excited?

Dan Milner: I’m going to hand that question straight over to the two men themselves, why should people be watching you guys?

Marcos Duarte: *translated* People should be watching because I’m featuring in the fight, no other reason needed. Stoppage, Sub, Decision. It doesn’t matter the fans are going to turn up to watch me win.

Benjamin Grundy: Confidence is something I admire but Duarte is not confident, he is arrogant. I respect his game and what he is capable of; I’d be stupid not too. This is a fight you’re going to want to see because you’re going to get your money’s worth. I always provide a show. On a bit of a slide but UCFL is a new start for me, its game time.

Reporter #4: Benjamin you seem very down to earth, is this as a result of this recent slide during your short time in EVO or just what else has brought this on?

Benjamin Grundy: EVO was a disappointing time in my career, I cannot deny that but it’s not like Duarte is coming in on a win streak, he’s got his own slide going on too and I hope to make it a 5th for him. I draw confidence from my time in Synchronicity though, I can’t explain why I struggled in EVO but I’ve looked over my weaknesses and know I’ll be an improved man coming in. Just gotta cover my jaw *laughs*.

Reporter #3: Mark Coleman I’m coming to you, I just want to know how you feel facing a guy who’s only fought 16 professional fights in his career by the age of 33. I know age is just a number to yourself and your performances never cease to amaze but is there a time where facing competition younger and healthier will become more of a challenge? And to Kiel do you feel what I’ve just said gives you the edge?

Mark Coleman: Every opponent in each of my 75 of so bouts across my career has been a challenge why should or would Kiel or any other potential future match-ups be any different? I have always respected my opponents coming into a bout, with very rare exceptions, and even if I’ve taken a quick victory that’s been down to my ability and skill on the day, not their lack of. My health is great and it’s insulting for anybody to insinuate otherwise and age is just a number that some let mentally block them. I’m not old!

Keil Flay: I loved to follow Mark’s career when I was first getting into the game, he was great to watch and exciting. The man had it all, submissions, KO’s, you name it he had it, but that’s the past. I have to respect Mark but age catches up with everybody. To his fans, I’d advise looking away because this will be like watching Old Yeller. Mark I’m going to put you down.

Mark Coleman: The only thing you should put down kid is the pipe you’ve been smoking. Win or Lose I keep going and always will do, I’m a champion in heart and even now, I hope to be once again. A new org, brand new rankings following the event, why can’t I be at the top with an impressive win tonight!

Dan Milner: Okay gentlemen, settle down a little. I’d ask all reporters to direct your questions to the co-main eventers of UCFL #2: Bad Intentions.

Reporter #5: Dan what made you match-up Clinton Chaos and Birigiz Ignatiev and do you see it being one of the fights of the night?

Dan Milner: There’s no reason it shouldn’t be to be honest, it has the potential to be a great fight and that’s why me and DW put this fight together. The fans love Birigiz despite him barely speaking a word of Japanese or English and Chaos’ potential is something that just needs to be unlocked even this late on in his career. It’s the perfect match-up for both men, a big win can put them in serious contention for being in the first title bout, so you should definitely be watching this one.

Reporter #2: Clinton, what do you bring to the table to this fight and so late on do you agree with the hype around yourself. The hype that’s just been echoed by Dan Milner right their?

Clinton Chaos: Imagine if both me and Coleman won tonight? That’d blow you bloody reporters minds wouldn’t it? I’m here for the same damn reason as every other fighter on the card and in the organisation, to win and win decisively and leave no doubt in anybody’s mind who won and why.

Dan Milner: I completely support that statement from Clinton. We’ve offered contracts to people who want to win. I don’t sign “gate-holders” or “special attractions”. Some people may view some fights that way and the occasional fight may inevitably become a passing of the torch match but just like in every other fight in this organisation, they’ll have to take the victory. The first rankings come out on Sunday night/Monday morning following this event and every fighter that wins will have a fair shot in being high up on that board.

Dan Milner: I’ll have to cut it short their guys as we don’t have times, we now have to move onto the weigh-ins. The fighters will be available after the weigh-ins for one on one interview if they wish and we look forward to seeing you tomorrow live at the underground in Tokyo! Thank you for your time guys! As said before all rankings for the divisions will be posted on our website following the event.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1393702453FV%20Moving%20logo.gif

This Week in Forbidden Violence

Welcome to the first edition of this week in Forbidden Violence, this week we take a look at FV #24’s top fights, the most anticipated fights in FV coming this week and the good news of Frank King remaining as owner of Forbidden Violence

FV #24 Ultimatum - Review

Live from Wandalay Bay on Saturday 21st June in front of 11,814 fans!

Forbidden Violence brought its latest show to the fans in great style giving all the 11,814 fans exactly what they want, tons of violence! The only thing this week’s show didn’t have was a submission but KO’s and TKO’s have come common place in the most violent organisation in the whole of Tycoon so this is not of huge shock to any of the fans.

Mikio Okita retained his Welterweight title against Manfred von Richthofen in the main event of the evening!

It wasn’t the show stealer we thought it was going to be but it was enough of a performance from Mikio Okita to retain his welterweight title against a valiant von Richthofen who managed to take him to the second round. Okita finished an tough performance after Manfred took the first round in everybodies eyes and left nothing to chance when he connected with a big right and he followed up with a series of shots von Richthofen could only turtle against before the official separated the pair and ended the fight.

The Co-main event saw fight of the night when Jamalski Ramirezovics took on Orville Redenbacher and came through as victor but the fight ended in controversial fashion

Nothing should take away from the all-out war both of these men engaged in last night but a shadow will hang over this fight preventing it from being remembered as one of the best of all time. The fight was ended by doctor stoppage – with a mere 32 seconds left to run – to the outrage of all the fans in attendance as well as both o the fighters and their corners. It is likely that Ramirezovics would’ve taken the fight if it had made it to the judges’ score cards but Redenbacher’s corner was infuriated it didn’t get the chance and with 32 seconds left of a blood filled swing for the fences fight like this once, anything could’ve happened!

Out of the other fights the finish from Bang Bang vs John Watson really stood out to us here at CPA and was well worth a mention as Bang Bang knocked John Watson out cold for his third Forbidden Violence win. Bang Bang didn’t only walk off with the victory but also $5k for winning a well-deserved KO of the night award. The finish came around the mid-point of the fight after Bang landed a solid straight left that left Watson wobbly footed, Bang wasn’t going to miss this opportunity and finished decisively with a great overhand right than sent Watson to the canvas

The Coming Week in FV

This Wednesday will see 10 top class match-ups from FV midweek #8 but the one that’s really caught our eye is the fight between former champion, Titus Arellius and Russian “The General” Vladimir Petrov

This bout really caught our eye as the former champion lost only his second fight in nine last time out and had been really impressive throughout each of those bouts. Along with that his opposition, “The General”, will be looking to kick start his own winning streak by making “Polan” his third victim in a row. Petrov has the fans excited with the 26-year-old looking like he has real potential to make a run for the FV belt at such a young age and a win on Wednesday wouldn’t go amiss in his attempts to grab owner Frank Kings attention.

FV #25 5x5 happens this weekend and it is impossible to choose a match-up I’m most excited about on that card as it’s the card of champions, near on all the champions will be competing at the event - only Lightweight title holder Johann Joensen won’t be competing while he waits for a the winner of Diaz vs Downtime. The biggest fight arguably of the week is the fight that’ll likely be the main event between the number 12 and number 26 Super Heavyweights in the world, Mohammed takes on Arvydas Sabonis for the Superheavyweight title. Both men come in to this one undefeated during their time in FV but that should change on Saturday night. This has an “of the Night” award written all over it and the fans will hope it delivers.

Also on the card is Gegard Mousasi © v Phil Ivey for the Light Heavyweight Title has the fans excited as Mousasi comes into undefeated in 5 fights, while Ivey is one of the most popular fighters on the card. Abel Speed vs Macadam Baird see’s one of our personal favourites in Abel Speed look to defend his belt and his undefeated streak in FV, Baird looks to do what he couldn’t do against Pehmytkudos and take a title victory. Last of the title fights is the Heavyweight title defence by Oleg Karev when he faces Billy Roberts, Roberts will be looking to stop the former Ascension warrior in his tracks as the Russian is unbeaten in three since arriving at FV.

A Quick Interview with the King

This past week Championship Press Association caught up quickly with Frank King and got the opportunity to ask him a couple of quick questions. When asked what direction he wanted the organisation to head in and what he’d say to new talents and managers considering Forbidden Violence as an option to join he had this to say;

“I think FV has done well to get where it is in the time I’ve run it. I just want to keep going and pleasing the mangers by offering fair fights. I don't let people pick opponents all fights are evaluated before and after. With this in place I hope we can only get stronger and rise to the top of the world and be one of the big orgs.

As for talent looking at FV all I'll say is sign one fighter come and join. After people sign their first fighter they normally stay and want to sign more. Fair fights, top bonuses and amazing write ups what's not to like!”

It seems great that Frank’s intentions are to push Forbidden Violence on and make it the next big organisation, but while also having his head firmly planted on his shoulders. King is also grateful for the existing staff and fighters he already has and he made a very firm point of making that clear, being quoted in saying; “Yeah a huge thank you to everybody signed for FV for their loyalty and commitment. Stay VIOLENT guys.” That says to me that while he wishes to grow the organisation out, he also wants to remember where he came from and stay loyal to the fighters that have served him so very well over the opening 6 months or so of this promising organisation.

That’s all we have time for in this edition of “This Week in Forbidden Violence” but make sure to stay alert for the special “Champions” edition next week following FV #25 5x5 for full championship bouts review and exclusive interviews with some of the top names in the game. Thanks again and we’ll hope see you live from the Sparta’s Palace this Saturday night!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1402043971yf;k.png

UCFL Opening Weekend Review Show (Part One)

A strong panel featuring Championship Press Associations Rachel Barker, UCFL Vice-President Dan Milner and Calvin Hobbs of J-Sport discuss both UCFL’s Openning Ceremony and their first event, Total Domination, on tonight’s review show. Part one see’s the three discuss UCFL’s Opening Ceremony.

UCFL Opening Ceremony

Thoughts on the opening fight of the new beginning for the organisation between Luke Milner and Nemo Nautilus?

Rachel Barker: I thought it was a very convincing performance from Milner on Friday evening and it was a great start to the show, nearly deserving of submission of the night with his finish as well. His technique was spot on for the submission when he locked in that arm-triangle to take the victory but what really impressed me was how aggressive he was while not sacrificing any of the technique. He didn’t mess about and that showed whether you just see the result or the actual fight as he decisively took the submission victory after only 30 seconds.

Hayes and Park both took victories in their final fights from UCFL against Coiro and Yi, are you sad to see them leave and wind their careers up so young?

Calvin Hobbs: I think it was the perfect way for all four of those men to finish up their career, unfortunately Coiro and Yi both leave with losses but Hayes and Park left to respectful applause from the fans, and at the level these men were at you have to understand just why they left. Your health and life opportunities sometimes have to come before your fighting, none of these guys were ever going to set the world on fire but they all played their part during their careers.

Dan Milner: Yeah of course, I never like to see fighters leave the organisation, let alone leave the fight game all together but it’s a decision I respect from all four.

Silva vs Gracie was the only fight to make it to a decision but some fans are saying that’s more down to the fighters holding back than a stalemate, is that something you agree with?

Dan Milner: I think any fans that are thinking that are delusional and/or simply stupid, bloody hungry cave animals. I will agree it wasn’t the most entertaining fight for those who do not enjoy a technical display but neither fighter really held back. I feel after the first round Silva simply outclassed Gracie and controlled so well but Gracie did defend well and never gave in once so hats off their. I think Silva has real potential here in Unleashed Chaos Fight League, he just needs to fulfil it over time and with victories like tonights, and he will do.

Shinji Tanaka not only took a submission victory over Andrey but he also took Sub of the Night, do you think this rightly edged out Luke Milner’s Submission earlier on in the night?

Rachel Barker: Yes and no, on the submission itself, I feel it’s a matter of preference, both fighters got their respective holds in deep and Nemo may have not defended Milner’s well but it was a good hold from Milner none the less. What really gave Tanaka the edge for me on the winning of the award was the situation he won it in. Tanaka got battered for 13 minutes straight, he’s clearly loosing on the cards and Andrey is looking for the decision victory but he turns it up a gear, empties the gas tank and gets the Guillotine. If Andrey had have escaped that Tanaka would’ve lost the fight, it would’ve been all over but he held it and got that W. It was a great comeback and I don’t even think his corner saw it coming or believed it was going to happen until it did.

*Advert*

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1402945163ChaosClothingLogo(plain).jpg

Chaos Clothing – Great clothing and fast, reliable laundry for all!

Vymiatajec got beat tonight by one of the most controversial finished, a submission TK,O when Andrei Chikatilo took victory Saturday night

Rachel Barker: I know Calvin is quiet opinionated on this so I’ll let him get his say in just a second but first I’ve got to say, what a popular fight Andrei Chikatilo is becoming, the fans love this man! Dan you guys at UCFL do not give this guy enough hype before his fights, the fans went crazy for him after this win!

Dan Milner: *laughs* Well yeah, he was coming in of the back of two losses but this is a man that it looks like the takeover and break/transition period enforced by it really suited him. It was an impressive victory and the fans do enjoy watching a 28 year old who has 30+ fights under his belt.

Calvin Hobbs: I completely agree, it’s a great victory, nothing should be taken away from him but I want to know how the hell this is classified as a TKO victory if the opposition has tapped, verbally or physically, the man tapped! It’s a submission win! And how can you, if you’re not going to call it a submission in the first place, have the audacity to call it a Submission TKO victory… it’s ridiculous but I’ll try not let my rant take away from the decisiveness of Chikatilo’s victory, it was a great performance by the man and hopefully he’ll follow on with more.

Less controversially Berkowitz knocked Kane out cold in the middle of the cage…

Dan Milner: Yeah, simply put he truly finished him, a fight does not end any more decisively than this one did as Berkowitz really put physical beating on Kane and then finished him with a phenominal straight right that nearly took Kane’s head off, if that’s not knock-out power what is?

Calvin Hobbs: I agree with Dan, true knockout power on display from Berkowitz and to be honest, it’s been too long since we last saw it, we’ve seen some knockdowns from him, but it isn’t since early on in his career have we seen him lay somebody out like that and I loved every millisecond of it! Give me some more of that to talk!

Submission beat stand-up when Yaya Inoue took a dominant victory over Jaakko Jussila but was it the way you expected?

Calvin Hobbs: Not a chance! Nobody put money on that, if Inoue was taking the victory then everybody had him doing it by submission and possibly a decision, at a push, but with these guys records of 19 submission victories and 17 T/KO victories respectively, nobody had a decision as a real plausible situation. It’s great to see a fighter give himself some variety later on in their career.

Rachel Barker: Dan I’m looking and see two straight for Inoue, although both are over Jussila, does that push him up for a title shot, there aren’t many fighters more popular than him. Sorry Dan but you knew this question was coming at some point *laughs*

Dan Milner: haha, possible, very possible, but I as I’ve always said, in my eyes it doesn’t matter what you’ve done in the past, so other org records don’t interest me for now but what have you done for me lately is the big question. And Inoue has done his fair share, so he’s always in with a shout.

*Advert*

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/1396562162Alliance%20logo.png

RISSA Alliance, Re-inventing the Engine

The co-main event saw Ilya Murometz and Ladin not even make the two minute fight as Murometz took a TKO victory after 1:32.

Dan Milner: Well to be honest I was hoping, in an ideal world, it would’ve gone further and lasted a bit longer but it really was a fantastic fight, a great advertisement for the organisation and the passion the fighters have not only for us but also their fighting. Ladin was unlucky because he got an early advantage and did some damage but at the end of the day Ilya took the victory through heart and it was deserved.

Rachel Barker: I agree, it was real heart from Murometz to stop the bleeding, quite literally, and take control to grab the win.

Calvin Hobbs: It was a bit all on the line for my liking, I don’t know what the game plan was coming in for both men but it seemed to get chucked out the window fairly quickly. Both men left it all on the line, that’s fantastic, but fighting the way both men did in that aggressive manner leaves a lot of opportunity for a quick finish and for an injury. We know we saw a quick finish but another question is did that fight leave either man injured coming out?

Rachel Barker: But Calvin, wouldn’t you rather see two men go out there and lay in on the line. Every fighter knows they are going to get hurt and these two put that aside to try impress and progress their career.

Calvin Hobbs: Maybe so but when two fighters go like that, maybe it excited the fans but Dan, as a fan of fighting you enjoy watching the fight but does it impress you. Doesn’t that make you think “oh if either of those men go on to face somebody who can whether that storm, they will get battered in the long run” because it’s impossible to keep that kind of aggression without gassing yourself.

Daniel Milner: I see where you are coming from and my argument to that is game planning and sticking to it, how do we know to go out there and swing for the fences wasn’t both men’s game plan? We don’t know what they truly planned to do in the cage but we saw what ended up unfolding in there and that gave the fans some entertainment and was well worth the co-main event slot in my opinion. If the fans and fighters are happy then I am too and while Ladin would’ve preferred the win I know he was happy with the match-up and it turns out the fans ended up loving it too, so that’s what’s really important.

The main-event of the night saw Randy “TheRocker” Slader win by TKO against a valiant but unuseful Vitor Gracie, what do you guys think was the difference and opinions on the fight itself?

Calvin Hobbs: It wasn’t the great fight we’d been hoping for in the build-up and I don’t think either fighter did too much to convince DW or Dan that they deserved a shot at the gold after this but Slader did enough to take the victory. The finish itself was of top quality, Slader’s timing was phenomenal to counter with that great uppercut and you really can’t ask for much more from your fighter when it comes to protecting yourself as the opposition begins, or in this case attempts to begin, a final frenzied attack in the round.

Dan Milner: I didn’t think it was a poor fight by any stretch of the imagination and I think MMA Tycoon has rated the fight fairly harshly but then again, that may be down to how dominant “The Rocker” was during this one and with the result never appearing to be in doubt. I must say, Slader would’ve had KO of the night if it wasn’t for the great one punch by Berkowitz earlier in the night.

Rachel Barker: I’ll tell you what made the difference for me, and it isn’t even during the fight, it was in the build-up. I think having your training camp and strategy arranged and planned by Bawon Samedi whose record of fighters he’s pushed onto new heights is endless. Is Slader in the same league as Dweedle Dee, of course not but he’s certainly on the way to being a major competitor in Unleashed Chaos.

Daniel Milner: I know he’s a fighter in my organisation but I disagree with that sorry to say Rachel, I think Slader may not YET be at the level of somebody like Dee but he sure could be one day. Look how good Slader is now and look at his age. 26 year years of age and he has opportunity to go on and truly be a force to be reckoned with. He is obviously a real contender here in Unleashed Chaos Fight League but I think he’s a force in the whole of the 170lbs division across the globe, people will not only travel to see this guy but also to fight him in the future.

Calvin Hobbs: Dan may appear slightly biased but he is right, the only thing that I have on the back of my mind is, is can UCFL keep hold of a talent like Slader, you’ve got to keep feeding him Dan, will the organisation grow as quick as the likes of Slader. That’s the real question.

Dan Milner: I have to say yes, for obvious reasons *laughs* but on a serious note, I see no reason why not, the likes of Slader can carry us forward and we can build our brand and division around the likes of him. This is just one fight, so don’t think I’m getting carried away but there are other like him who know how to get the job done and the fans enjoy watching him do it. Tonight may not have been a great war we are used to seeing, but the next fight could well be, either way he’s a threat to his opponent and he always has a chance of winning, well, more than a chance.

And finally guys do you have any last thought on the opening night of Unleashed Chaos Fight League….

Rachel Barker: Not particularly really, it was a solid event, I feel it could’ve been better but as the first it did its job, it got UCFL off to a good, solid start with Damien Washington at the helm and gave them a strong starting point which is what the organisation needed.

Calvin Hobbs: Agree very much with Rachel and will let Dan have the last say but I enjoyed the show quiet a lot, minus the whole TKO/Submission rubbish *laughs* but that’s across the whole of MMA! I must say a good start Dan, full capacity with 1,000 people packing the Underground in Tokyo, keep up the great work guys!

Dan Milner: Thanks for having me on the show and thanks for all the support, I’m a very ambitious guy and I’ll always look to improve the organisation as well as my skills in helping run it. I can’t wait till next weekend when we have UCFL #2: Bad Intentions coming from Tokyo live again, so stay tuned for more their!

Part Two to follow soon…..

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-> CPA Information

What is the Championship Press Association (CPA)?

The CPA is an idea I've had recently which is just aimed to give a bit extra role-play and storyline to MMA Tycoon. The CPA is aimed to be a mash of the three. I will post previews, reviews and interviews with various organisations as I do them (or others that wish to join me) in here to give various organisations and writers some more exposure, with another way to catch peoples attention. I hope for this to act like a news-feed for MMA-Tycoon as it goes on.

What do I have to do to get my articles on here?

Simply write them and let me know you want them on here, send them formatted for the forum and I'll paste and credit if you wish for them to be "headline" or feel free to post below in reply..

• Upvote 2

In Other News;

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/header_background.jpg

Nutrition in the world of Tycoon

Championship Press Association brings the first part of a two part story covering one of the more quietly spoken controversies around the world of MMA Tycoon, along with a guide for new players to follow.

MMA Tycoon has featured Nutrition Companies since its initial opening to the public with supplements being supplied by a range of companies covering a range of needs for the fighters. The supplements they supply cover everything you’d expect, such as weight loss/gain, stamina increase, energy recovery and muscle bulk, and is key to all of the top fighter’s success as they look to climb to the top of the mountain. One thing that is sure is that the world of Tycoon would be incredibly different without these companies and their products, although there has always been once great talking point around them.

How legitimate and successful are the use of supplements, not just in general, but company to company, we here at Championship Press Association have asked all kinds of players, ranging from near complete newbies to experienced members with 600+ fights under their belt on what the thought on various companies across the game and which ones they’ve seen the best results from. We’ve also spoken to a few of the nutrition company owners who were given the offer the opportunity to offer statements on their opposition, as well as their own products. What we’ve found is quiet revealing.

Out of all of the nutrition companies three have really stood our when speaking to managers across the Tycoon world, these are; HGH Nutrients, Milwaukee’s Best and – realtviely surprisingly due to its lack of hype in comparison with the others – FinnFighter. Others were mentioned, such as Green!, KAISER and Hell’s Balls but those three lead the way with recommendations on all their products. What may have set these top class companies apart in the eyes of the public is how forward they are in proving their products are legitimate and will make the difference with proof being readily available to those who asked.

Another thing I noticed, that particularly HGH and Milwaukee’s, shared was how candid and honest the founders of these companies were about their own product and their opposition, with Groove Monkey being quoted in saying when interviewed by CPA; “I suspect that supplements round up and that all of the 160's are the same” when referring to the quality of products reaching a limit and boosting by .01 for advertising purposes. This was a feeling shared with HGH owner Thor HGH who, alongside giving me his opinion on the world of nutrition, gave me some insight on just how much money HGH have put into making sure that the fighters of Tycoon have a product they can believe in. $6.5 Million went into the research and testing of their top product, known as Smokeleaf Special Energy (their reduced energy loss supplement) which shows the dedication that each of these companies have to giving a product.

While there are many supplements out there that give our fighters the extra help they need, the managers of Tycoon can rest safe, that while there are some that boost and pose products they don’t really have, there are a substantial amount of trust worthy suppliers who are more than happy to prove the product they have is the real deal.

Report by,

Daniel “TheMould” Milner

*CPA’s noobs guide to nutrition will be published in the coming weeks, if you have anything to add to this article before that is published or want to expose a company who isn’t as honest as they should be, or on a more positive note, promote a company who doesn’t get the credit it deserves, feel free to sound off below or send myself a PM.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1402043971yf;k.png

Unleashed Chaos Fight League Press Release

Friday 6th June 2014

The Tokyo based organisation begins anew life with a fresh name, new ownership with new ideas (but the same fighters you loved so much to watch) and much much more!

Damien Washington has taken control of the organisation known as UCFL and placed fellow RISSA member, Dan “TheMould” Milner, as Vice-President of the company as he looks to turn the Tokyo organisation into a force to be reckoned with. The two have brought in some fresh ideas for the organisation and have confirmed to Championship Press Association that they will do whatever it takes and match the hard work of their fighters to bring this organisation to the top.

New talents have already signed since the announcement of the takeover, with names such as Sabin Figaro, Joulu "Perse" Pukki and Baas Baako having already signed on the dotted line for the company to join the likes of UCFL fan favourites Birigiz Ignatiev and Randy "The Rocker" Slader. Daniel Milner also said “Old members of the roster need not worry, as they will all be accommodated for as well, due to the loyalty showed during the last month or two while we were trying to make this all happen – we cannot be more grateful”.

Along with the new name, ownership and fighters the UCFL will bring you some exciting new concepts and promises the organisation it hasn’t previously witnessed. Firstly is the idea of rankings and title fights, which shall be decided after the first couple of week’s bouts. Rankings will be published on a fortnightly+ (14-21day) cycle so the fighters can keep an eye on who’s getting close to a title shot.

Along with those changes, one major and more impactful one is coming in too, and that is the reformatting of what was the “Super Heavyweight” division and turning that in an open-weight, 245k ID restricted division for the future of UCFL to develop their skills and compete against others of similar age. This division may be open weight but all match-ups will be based upon size as well as skill to keep the fights as even as possible.

Unleashed Chaos Fight League (formerly known as Evil Evolution) on the night of Thursday 5th June was sold to and taken over by new ownership at a pivotal moment in the organisations existence. With the organisation seemingly falling and concerns being expressed from its fighters publicly, an 11th hour bid from Damien “DW” Washington came in to flip the organisation on its head. 24 hours later, the org has been rebranded, cards and roster adjusted and beginning a new life with a lot of people excited. With both the experience and financial backing that Washington can bring, as well as the support that will undoubtable provided by his fellow RISSA members, it is clear to see why many now see a very bright future for the organisation now known as Unleashed Chaos Fight League.

Report by,

Rachel Barker

Report Sponsored by Championship Clothing – Clothing for the champions and laundry on request, because even Champions have to do the washing occasionally.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1401997733image.jpg

FV #22 – XXX – Review

Live at the MMA Grand (Capacity 17,157) on Saturday 7th June

On a sunny evening in Las Vegas, Nevada, Forbidden Violence brought one of their strongest cards to the MMA Grand for the Forbidden faithful to watch go at it and try to prove themselves as the best. One title fight on a card is normally a treat but two is great and that’s what the fans got Saturday night, along with 8 other fights including an incredible main event.

Main Event

Lobsta "HIGH TILL I DIE" Mang (25-11-0) vs Arvydas Sabonis (24-11-0)

The main event of the evening featured two debutants who’s arrival in Forbidden Violence had been hyped so large the fans knew exactly what they were going to get. With a former GAMMA title challenger in Sabonis in the main even you know you’re going to be in for a treat and the fans were not left disappointed with this one, as it picked up the Fight of the Night award (sponsored by HGH Nutrients).

Sabonis truly didn’t disappoint fans expectations of him in this one as he dominated Mang for the majority of the 2 rounds this fight saw before Sabonis emerged winner by TKO. In the first round Sabonis pilled on pressure to Lobsta Mang and went on to cut him halfway through but the heart of Mong kept the fight alive. The second round was a similar story but Mang could do nothing to hold off the former-GAMMA fighter. Sabonis finished the fight in style – after cutting Mang open – with a big right hand, which sent the Mang down before Arvydas jumped down to finish him off and force the official to call a half to the bout. Post -fight Mang demanded a rematch and it’ll be interesting to see if this will be granted at any point in the future, but for now, I think you can safely say it’s Sabonis’ time to shine.

Light Heavyweight Title Match-up

*Champion* Jamalski Ramirezovic (23-21-0) vs Gegard Mousasi (29-6-1)

The second championship bout on the card was in the Light Heavyweight division (~205lbs) and was the main topic of talk from the fans coming into the arena on Saturday night with the Champion Jamalski Ramirezovic And after the event was over this bout was one of the main talking points of the fans on the way out as well and for all of the right reasons.

Many expected the champion to retain and control the fight but those thoughts were put to bed when in under 30 seconds Mousasi had cut open the head of the champ and was pressing hard causing damage. With blood still flowing from the cut, the champ made it to the interval but barely as Mousasi had controlled the whole first round. The second round continued in a similar vein and Mousasi continued to control the fight well both while stood up and on the ground. With just over a minute to go Mousasi scored a takedown and all he needed was 30 seconds to work the position, getting slightly loose and positioning for a triangle which the champ should’ve defended but didn’t. This cost him the title and gave the win to Mousasi in what was one of the sloppiest title losses I’ve seen in all of Forbidden Violence’s history to end a solid bout.

Main Card

Mirko "The Angel Of Death" McCracken (17-8) vs Vinícius "Pontão" Cavalcante (22-3)

Pure domination is only what Vinícius "Pontão" Cavalcante’s performance can be described as, when the Super Heavyweight beast ripped Mirko McCraken – a formidable opponent on most days in his own right – to shreds within the opening minute of the first round. McCracken was attacked from the offset and never had a chance of getting into the bout before being knocked-out by Cavalcante with one hell of a head kick that could put any man down no matter the size and was very deserving of KO of the night (which it was awarded).

Cavalcante controlled the fight landing kick and big kick to the so called “Angel of Death”. Off the bat Cavalcante had knocked McCracken down with a big head kick that also cut McCracken wide open. Seconds later it happened again, this time with a big uppercut from Cavalcante sending McCracken rocked and falling to the canvas. After waving him up a second time, Cavalcante finally put McCracken down with the same headkick that had knocked him down first time to take the victory. It was one minute of pure intensity and destruction and it puts "Pontão" on the map here for good in Forbidden Violence.

"Kamikaze" Yoshiro Gomi (19-18) vs "Quick Popper" Orville Redenbacher (36-13-1)

Gomi vs Redenbacher was a solid fight for the most part Saturday night that kept the fans engaged for its entirety but it really got going in the third round. After two rounds, which everybody in the arena knew the judges will have scored a round a piece for the two evenly match combatant, both corners knew they were coming into the third round with everything to fight for. And fight they did, while the first two rounds were of decent quality the last was a show stealer. Both “Kamikaze” and “Quick Popper” left it all on the line but it was “QuickPopper” that edged the decision when the final bell rang, taking the fight 29:28 on all three judges’ score cards. The fight was definely won in that last round as Redenbacher busted open Gomi before leaving him on his last legs with seconds to go with a strong left hand. Gomi will be gutted he couldn’t pull it off in the last round but it was a well-deserved victory for Orville Redenbacher and the fans let him know it post fight!

DeAngelo Suggs (9-3) vs Charles "The Hand Grenade" Handly (26-18)

DeAngelo Suggs took a strong win over Charles Handly on Saturday night by TKO in the second round in a fight that many fans saw the veteran Handly as favourite in. Suggs dominated the first round, with the exception of giving up a takedown but quickly worked his way back to feet and controlled. The second round saw a solid striking display from Suggs as he laid shot after shot on Handly and eventually got the breakthrough when Handly (seemingly dazed) in an act of desperation threw a wild shot at Suggs that Suggs countered with a huge uppercut. The uppercut send “The Hand Grenade” exploding to the mat as Suggs followed him down landing a good couple more shots before the referee could jump between and call a halt to the bout.

Lightweight Title Fight

*Champion* "Stallion" Johann Joensen (37-26) vs Ring Vinayagamoorthy (5-6)

After the last fight these two men had at FV Midweek #4, the fans expected another phenomenal, closely contested war and that is exactly what they got. This fight ended up even more controversial than the first with it resulting in a draw, although the draw was seemingly the right result (although chants of one more round broke out before the decision was announced), it wasn’t until the scoring of the fight was revealed that the controversy began.

Judge A scored the victory for the “Stalion” 48:47, Judge B went draw 48:48, while Judge C gave extremely questionable scoring of 46:49 in favour of the challenger. The reigning champion, Johann Joensen , was very quick to comment in his post-fight saying “I want to know what that third judge was smoking? Awarding a 46:49? King you need to get him checked under the drug testing policy as that crazy fool was clearly on something.” It’ll be interesting to see if the champions comments draw any response from Frank King in defence of his judges but one thing is for sure, as confirmed by the owner, Joensen vs Vinayagamoorthy will happen in the future, just it won’t be the champs next match-up.

Under Card

Ford "The Alien" Prefect (18-14) vs Mark "Mean Streak" Tanner (16-14)

A fight that saw the majority of the action on the ground may not have been the highlight of most fans nights but was a solid, technical bout none the less. It also featured combined 17 submission attempts from the two men, of which only two were in the second round and only one was needed to grab Mark Tanner the victory by Armbar (Submission). It was sloppy from “The Alien” following a failed submission attempt on Tanner of his own to allow Tanner to get the space to set it up but once that armbar was on the only way it was coming off was by Prefects tapping.

"Cowboy" Jon Monroe (17-10-1) vs Marlon "The Predator" Worthy (25-17-0)

Monroe vs Worth was a fight that had the fans interest for its entirety and deservedly so. These two men performed superbly on Saturday night and both men wanted to finish the other. The finish came when a blood soaked Monroe (from an earlier cut) took a good right hook to the temple leaving him dazed and Worthy wasted no time, showing his “Predator” instinct in following up and delivering several vicious strikes as Monroe fell to the ground. “The Predator” took the very impressive TKO win in his stride very humbly and spent more time thanking his fans than looking over the fight post-fight.

Wensink (5-4) vs Sonnen (19-15)

A last minute addition to the card didn’t disappoint in entertaining the fans as this fight was an exciting contest. Sonnen got the takedown (as most suspected he’d go for) and proceeded to punish Wensink on the ground. The victory finally came for Sonnen (by TKO strikes) when he landed a big left than that left Wensink without the ability to defend himself sensibly and Sonnen made him pay with 3 more big strikes before the official stepped in.

The Steel Penn Alliance (5-10) vs Cletus "The All American" White (15-16)

These two men just cannot buy a win at the moment and there was no separating Penn Alliance and Cletus White when they met this past Saturday. The fight went the full three round distance and resulted in a draw after the 15minutes were up as the two fighters put on a show for the Las Vegas crowd. The early parts of the fight may have started tentative but by the second and third round these two struggling athletes were going all out for the finish. Hopefully owner and match-maker Frank King will look to book these two for a grudge match to settle a winner. Who would’ve bet that this card would’ve produced two draws.

An impressive event once again from Forbidden Violence, scoring a 338 on the MMA Tycoon scoring system. This will definitely be helped by the main event and both of the title matches – particularly Joensen vs Ring in that spectacular draw. As always HGH Nutrients sponsored the “Of The Night” awards they were awarded to;

Fight of the Night: Arvydas Sabonis vs Lobsta Mang

Sub of the Night: Gegard Mousasi

KO of the Night: Vinícius Cavalcante

Report by,

Dan “TheMould” Milner

• Upvote 2

Archived Articles

Championship Clothing Press Release

June 2014

26/06/14 - UCFL #2: Bad Intentions Pre-Fight Press Conference

24/06/14 - This Week in Forbidden Violence #1

23/06/14 - UCFL #1: Total Domination Review

21/06/14 - UCFL Opening Night Review Panel Show

19/06/14 - UCFL opening weekend and UCFL #1 pre-event show

17/06/14 - Sal Forlenzo Memorial III - Review

13/06/14 - Sal Forlenzo Memorial III - Preview

11/06/14 - FV #22 - xXx Review

06/06/14 - Unleashed Chaos Fight League Press Release (NEW ORG OPENING)

05/06/14 - FV#22 - xXx Preview

04/06/14 - Syn'303 - Preview

02/06/14 - Syn'302 - Love Hate - Review

01/06/14 - FV vs Honor FC - Review

May 2014

April 2014

• Upvote 2

Archived Articles

April 2014

28/4/14 - FV #17 - Fame Review

May 2014

02/05/14 - FV #18 - The Sound of Violence Preview

Great to have something like this, allows everyone to see previous news that has been covered.

I love seeing news related things like this, the likes of MMA Hype and TWW is always a great read :)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1398120997TKO_MMA_B.PNG

TKOMMA Sign Young Nevada Amateur Sensation

Championship Association Press has recently learnt that young Nevada native Kieran "The Beast" Baxter has signed with TKOMMA – The Kids Of MMA (youth organisation of the world wide force known as GAMMA) for a contract guaranteeing him 4 fights with the organisation. Baxter, who has been practicing Martial Arts since the age of 9, when he began doing Judo and Tai-Kwon-Do with his father week, and has had 6 amateur bouts (all of which he has won), should not be taken lightly be any of the current crop in the GAMMA development organisation.

Baxter himself was quoted in saying; “It’s a great new experience for me, I’ve really enjoyed my experience in MMA so far and while my parents may have wished I’d have gone off to college first, they’ve said they’ll support me none the less. My dad even still has in his mind he’s my coach, sorry Dad, this isn’t the junior football team anymore!” He said with a smile.

This young man may not have all the tools just yet but with the right guidance and training to expand his expertise’s to wider than just his Judo/Tai-Kwon Do background, he could be a force to be reckoned with in the future – for now, TKOMMA is the starting block and it’ll be interesting to see just who his first match up will be against!

Report by,

Daniel “TheMould” Milner.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13890303632114.png

Kenneth Omeruo's Profile

Stuck on the Island with the “Nigerian Nightmare”

The Island (Season 2) is a place where only the brave and ambitious venture, many have described it as like being in a controlled MMA version of the hunger games and it’s bad enough for most fighters, for the fighters of the Chaos lightweight division it’s just got a little worse. Kenneth “The Nigerian Nightmare” Omeruo up until the 9th of April was a man not very many would want to come across and now, after losing his Lightweight title to Billy Hill, he is a man that nobody – including the champion – wants to be forced to meet.

Our reporter from the Island, the beautiful Monica Francis, got chance to catch up with Kenneth Omeruo after his dominant victory over submission specialist Boko Shambles and get some insight on his thoughts of not only tonight, but the last month or so too;

Monica: Thank you for taking the time to speak with us Kenneth, I just want to say that was a great fight tonight and congratulations on the win, how did it feel out their?

Omeruo: Thanks Monica. If I'm honest, I felt the best I've ever felt, my training camp went really well and I'm thankful I didn't pick up any pre fight injuries. I went out there tonight feeling like I had a point to prove, I could have put Boko away 3 times, instead I wanted to prove that I can work on the ground and that I'm not just a one trick pony who can only do well in the stand up.

Monica: You've been a real force since signing with CHAOS, but after losing the lightweight title and not being granted an immediate rematch how important was it to win against whoever came your way next?

Omeruo: I knew that if I didn't come out tonight and put on a good performance, there would be a chance that I wouldn't get what I wanted which was a title shot. I put on a show tonight and Boko... well I guess he's Shambles by name, Shambles by performance. I'm determined to get that title back before my contract expires.

Monica: Where you disappointed in the matchmaking staff at CHAOS for not giving you a tougher challenge following the fight with Hill or do you feel it's just a case of earning your way back into contention once again?

Omeruo: The staff at Chaos and I don't see eye to eye on a number of things. I've been left pretty frustrated by a number of their choices in the past but there's not much I can do. I'm under contract and I intend on seeing out that contract, after it's finished who knows where I'll be going. Boko wasn't that much of a test for me, he was 4-4 and wasn't highly hyped and I showed why in my fight with him.

Monica: Other than the winner of Benedict/Thor for the title, is there any one particular fighter you'd like a shot at in CHAOS and you feel you could prove your challenger worthy credentials against?

Omeruo: I'd love another shot at Billy Hill. He's got a big mouth and I intend on knocking him out the next time we're both in the cage. I'll prove to everyone that his win was just lucky. Billy Hill has already got a fight lined up against Kuk which I don't see him winning, so I'd happily fight Kuk if Kuk wins. Other than that Ratanachai looks like he's doing well, 7 wins and only 3 losses but he's quite far behind in the rankings. I'd fight him, if he gets another win or two under his belt.

Monica: Thanks for taking time to speak to us Kenneth, is there any last messages you'd like to leave for your competitors, the fans or the world of MMA in general?

Omeruo: Big shoutout to my fans. I know there's a lot of people out there who follow me, so I'd like to thank them for their support. Finally I just want the rest of the Chaos Lightweight roster to know, I'm coming for that title, and nothing will stop me from getting it!

Another great interview by Monica and you really get a sense of just how obviously fired up and angered Kenneth Omeruo is by the match makers decision not to grant him a title fight but surely he must be due for one soon, particularly after such a dominating performance today. A re-match against Englishman Billy Hill, who he lost the title too, in a number one contenders fight, is the rumour flying around the Island today but we wait to hear any official word from Chaos officials. We’ll have more as it breaks, stay with us for more on this story.

Report Published By,

Dan “TheMould” Milner

Championship Press Association.

• Upvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1363340514Logo01.jpg

Link to Event

Syn ' 299 Singular Duality – Preview

On Sunday 11th May @ LA Memorial Colossuseum (Capacity of 93,607)

Synchronicity will be hosting its 299th event this coming Sunday in front of what is expect to be a packed crowd at the LA memorial Colossuseum, the event will also be broadcasted live on Pay-Per-View across the globe. It’s the go-home show before the big one, Syn’ 300, but that doesn’t mean the match-makers have done things by half as they have given us two great titles fights for this Sunday coming.

The Welterweight Title is up for grabs in the Main Event

With Daniel "Ravishing" Roth (24-10-2) challenging champion Sergiy Skylar (31-8-1)

The Story of Sergiy Skylar was one that caught the eye of the world anyway, being a young Ukrainian that came from nothing to accomplish a lot, but a couple of months ago Skylar decided to make the choice to fight above his weight. Despite giving up 30lbs to most of his opponents Skylar still manages to find a way to win – quiet often out surviving his opposition and then taking a victory late by TKO or decision. He has only lost once in Syn’ and that was to 135lbs champion Buzz Cloltran by decision.

His opponent on the other hand, the arrogant, showman that is Daniel “Ravishin” Roth has joined after leaving BFE upon its closure – Syn’ is the next step for him and he’s looking to jump right in against the champion and show off. Roth is an extremely versatile fighter who also has no issue going the distance so we expect this fight to be a real fight to the death battle between these two men. I personally feel it will not be a case of who can finish the other, but which man can outlast the other. That question will be answered – with many others about these two – Sunday night on PPV.

Prime-Time-Players Pushing to Win

In the prime of their life Evgeniy Malkin (17-6-1) faces Apollo Jackson (17-3-0) as these two prime-aged fighters go head-to-head

Malkin and Apollo’s paths have never crossed until now, neither fighter being in the same org until they joined Syn’. Both have had a solid start to life in Synchronicity with Malkin winning his only fight in a 5 round all-out war against long term rival Lance Templeton. Jackson is on a streak of 5 victories – including 3 finishes.

While neither man is scared to take the fight to the ground both men are more comfortable on their feet and/or in the clinch, so look for this fight to stay standing for the most part. Malkin may be more tempted to take the fight to the ground and change strategy but with his corner being very quiet in the lead up to this fight there is no way of knowing. Jackson has 12 (T)KO victories so it is likely if it does go down he’ll want to get back up or go for the Ground ‘n’ Pound. Whatever the case, we’re in for a hard hitting contest and either man could walk away with the W but we can be sure the ever popular Jackson will be welcomed to the arena a hero.

Featherweight fight to the finish

Is what is most likely to occur, when reigning champion Matt Miller defends against "The Justice" Mitch Heisenberg (35-21-1)

Champion Matt Miller arrived in Syn’ for one last big run at the tail end of 2013, looking to dominate in the Los Angeles based or the same way he had every other and he’s done just that, winning the title on his first night and taking all 5 Syn’ fights he’s been in the full distance. Mitch Heisenberg makes his debut in Syn’ off the back of several impressive performances with only 2 losses in his last 9 fights. With only one first round finish in the last 23 combined fights, this is going to be another title match, that’s has the potential to go all 5 rounds and still not have a clear victor.

These two men appear on card to be very evenly matched and with both receiving tailored training in their top private gyms, it’s obvious they’ll both be in tip top condition and have a great strategy going into this one. Bookmakers are going to have a hard time giving punters good odds on this one as it’s going to be tight. “The Justice” may not want to risk helping the fight the distance and putting in extra effort for the finish though, as Miller has won 16/21 fights that have gone to decision but we’ll see if he’s got what it takes, or if Miller can pull off another 5 round classic to go with the other 5.

Fight for Featherweight no.1 contender spot

The winner of Jan Zelenka (19-3-1) vs Derek "The Artist" Riggs (28-17-0) may put themselves in pole position to face Michael Patton for the title

Coming of the back of the loss is normally disheartening but for Jan Zelenka it really shouldn’t be, in his last fight out – a title match against Michael Patton – he dominated the champion for the first two rounds and held the third equal before the champion finally showed his class and scraped a TKO victory but Mr. Patton will be the first to say Jan Zelenka is the real deal. Zelenka will want to prove that again and earn another title shot. “The Artist” has had a solid start to his Syn’ career, gaining 4 wins out of 5, with his only loss being by unanimous decision.

For us here at Championship Press Association Jan Zelenka goes into this one a real favourite and is really unlucky not to be going into this fight being called the champ. Riggs is going to have to do a lot and hope Zelenka has taken a knock in confidence and lost some sharpness from that loss against Patton, but that may be a bit of a long shot.

Main Card

Roderick "The Hammer" Jenkins (13-5-0) knows he has a challenge in Royston

"The Titan" De Noteboom (36-16-1)

The ever popular “Hammer” will face off against the man they call “The Titan”. De Noteboom lost his first outing in Syn’, by unanimous decision against “The Hulk”. While Jenkins is making his debut but if recent form in BEEF is anything to go by, then we’re in for a hell of a fight. While De Noteboom has never won a fight by submission this may well be the first he might want to attempt it in, as Jenkins has the clear stand-up advantage with his impeccable striking and Muay-Thai skills.

If the fighters stay on their feet then I see this fight going in the favour of Jenkins with a finish but if De Noteboom can control the cage well and dictate the pace of the fight then he may be in with a chance. You’ve got to feel that if De Noteboom is going to take the win, he’s going to have to fight for the decision early on or capitalize with the ground and pound if he can take Jenkins down.

Leandro "Beastly" Alves (27-18-0) will face "Captain" Tsubasa J Champ (19-7-0) on Sunday Night

Both men in this fight will be flying in from their respective training camps in Montreal and Rio for this bout and both men will be looking to claim their first win in Syn’. Alves has fought twice before, losing out to Sumrall and Doug Graves, while J Champ comes to fight for Syn’ for the first time after a solid career in BEEF.

These two fighters are both very well rounded but in the small area’s where they lack, the other excels, with J Champ’s Muay Thai being the stronger but Alves will have a clear advantage if the fight goes to the ground. Many see this as turning into the classic Brawler vs Grappler match-up the majority of us love to see, but the question is who can take control of the fight early. I see this fight as a finish; it’ll just be interesting to see if on the ground or the feet. It may not be quiet main event quality but it’s a gem of a fight in its own right.

The Cold War comes to the Colossuseum

When "The Russian" Nikolai Radev (13-5-0) battles Michael "The Cyborg Slayer" Shanks (25-11-0)

If you were looking for a more evenly matched-up, well-rounded, strong match up on this card you have to be looking at the main event itself but where we expect the main event to go to the finish, this fight I personally can’t call. Both fighters have been so unpredictable and somewhat inconsistent in their recent fights, with some going down to the wire and a couple being finished in the first.

The other thing that makes this match up really stand out to me is the strong dislike the two competitors have for one and other. We may get a preview of what is to come at the weigh in’s this Saturday night before the big event Sunday. Both men will most likely be looking for the finish and, although neither of these men has a victory by submission, I feel it’ll be the fighter that adjusts his strategy best on the fly that’ll take the win so even that’s a possibility come fight night.

And what’s on the Undercard?

Jason "The Claw" Griffin (28-17-3) vs Charles "The Hammer" Martel (45-15-0)

“The Hammer” has had 13 fights in Syn’ and is one of the longest serving competitors of the company with an 8-5 record. He’s also seen as a sure bet by many of the fans, no matter his position on the card, to deliver a full performance well worth the ticket price as only one of his fights has finished before the third round. The former champion lost last time out though in a title match against bantamweight champion Jake Lamotta and decided to return to the featherweight division to face Jason “The Claw” Griffin.

Griffin is making his second appearance on Sunday for Syn’ and will be looking to impress his new bosses the way he has all his previous ones, until a unsuccessful run in Ascension. He was once a feared competitor but with a fresh start in Syn’ he’ll be looking to cause a stir amongst the Featherweight division once again, it’ll be interesting if low confidence, after only one win in five fights, will effect “The Claw” or if he can bounce back to defeat the Syn’ fan favourite Charles Martel.

"The Divine Weapon" Nino Blaze (33-13-0) vs Enrique "The Judge" Rizzo Jr (20-8-0)

Neither of these man have had quiet the edge needed since they both arrives (4 fights ago) as neither man displays a positive Syn’ record, Blaze 2-2 and Rizzo Jr. 1-3. The edge in this fight under more stable circumstances would be given to Rizzo, as he has slightly more skill in the ground game and these two competitors are equally matched on their feet. This fight doesn’t have a normal feel to it though, as the underdog Blaze is on something of a hot streak, claiming back to back victories in his last 2 outings for Syn’ but can Rizzo regain form to unsettle “The Devine Weapon” and find the kind of performances fans HAD been used to seeing from the fighter they call “The Judge”.

Alphons "The Cardinal" Draclau (27-7-1) takes on Steinar Sting (37-23-1)

This featherweight bout could actually be held at Bantamweight but the now the lightest division in martial arts has become defunct here at Syn’ fighters were given the choice to go elsewhere or bump up a division, “The Cardinal” chose to do just that, while Sting has gotten used to fighting above his weight already, it will be interesting to see how Draclau does as time progresses.

Another evenly matched fight we have here, with both men knowing how to vary their strategy to find a finish. Neither man is afraid to go to the ground or to stand and bang but some suspect Sting will be happier to use his slight weight advantage and take and hold the fight down as long as he can, until he finds a finish. Draclau will be happy to oblige but maybe would find more of an edge over his opponent if the fight stayed stood up or in the clinch. These two fighters open our PPV on Sunday, live at LA Memorial Colossuseum so It’ll be interesting to see how pumped they can get the fans early on in the night.

The card as a whole looks fantastic and top props have got to go to the staff at Synchronicity for not holding the title fights till Syn’ 300 and giving the fans an equally good show leading to the big one. As always Of the Night awards will be presented at the end of the evening and those are sponsored by http://www.mmatycoon.com/clothingpublic.php?cid=479'>Reaper Combatwear. We shall see you this Sunday with full coverage on PPV and a review by the following Tuesday to give you the latest scoop on the fallout from Syn’299!

Report by,

Daniel “The Mould” Milner

Championship Press Association.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13890303632114.png

Kenneth Omeruo and CHAOS split ways

As reported earlier, Kenneth Omeruo has parted ways with Island Organisation CHAOS after this disgruntled fighter was denied an opportunity to gain back the title after being victorious in his last fight. Sources inside the island organisation have told me that CHAOS responded to the victory offering Omeruo a fight against Ratanachai "Cha-Cha" Sithbanprachan (7-3-0), who is 1-1 in his CHAOS career.

Sources close to both parties have informed us here at Championship Press Association that and tensions between Omeruo and CHAOS rose further as the match makers at the organisation ignored his comments on his thoughts on facing Ratanachai. Our Island reporter Monica Francis has attempted to get in touch with Kenneth Omeruo and was not able to get a response directly from the “Nigerian Nightmare” but his manager Mark O’Sulivan is issuing this statement to members of the press at current which reads;

“I'm extremely disappointed that this is what it came to. I've never had any problems with any organisation owner previously and I hope this is the last time. I'm looking forward to the future as I see Kenneth Omeruo getting the match ups he deserves in whatever organisation he moves to next. He's keen to prove that he's the best Lightweight fighter on The Island and there was no point having him at Chaos where he's going against fighters who are relatively unproven.
To all the Island organisation owners out there: If you're interested in signing Kenneth Omeruo to your Lightweight division, please get in touch and hopefully we can work out a deal which suits both parties."

We’ve also attempted to reach out to CHAOS owner Liam Stead but have yet to receive a response and CHAOS’s PR department are not making a response as of present.

It has to be asked, that while Omeruo lost the title match to Billy Hill, he remains not only higher ranked than all the lightweight fighters in CHAOS (bar current champion Charles Benedict), he is also extremely popular among fans and is always worth his value in fights taking all bar one fight past the second round. While we wait for a response from CHAOS, the only questions left to ask is where does Kenneth Omeruo go from here? And when (and where) will the fans of the Island get to see the “Nigerian Nightmare” fight next? Stay tuned for more as it breaks!

Report by,

Dan “TheMould” Milner

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1399388005poster%20fv%2019.png

FV #19 – Watch Your Back

Saturday 10th May @ Sparta’s Palace (capacity: 7,000)

As Forbidden Violence brings you yet another quality event once again from Sparta’s Palace which is beginning to feel very much like home for the company and its fighters, we take a look over the card that this up-and-coming company is giving us for the coming weekend.

Super Heavyweight Clash for the Title

Mirko “The Angel of Death” McCracken (16-7-0) takes on a hungry “Fatt” Jordan Johnson (27-20-1) to crown a new champion following Mark Calloway’s departure from the company.

This title fight may not be drawing the attention of last week’s match between Speed and Robertson, but most know they will be in for a good fight on Saturday night as neither man likes to leave a fight to a decision with only 7 decisions between the pairing in a combined 43 victories. Mirko McCraken is 1-1 in FV and has been through a couple of wars in the cage since starting out with the Nevada based organisation, while Jordan Johnson is making his debut for the company with the promise from owner Frank King to be given the opportunity to be a big time player here, but he’s still got to take it.

Neither fighter has won a fight by submission yet in their careers, and in 71 fights these fighters have seen between them, only once has it gone to a submission. This has the real feel of a slug fest and the fans will be all for it. While we do expect it to be a phenomenal fight, I do feel Johnson goes in favourite as, while both men appear equal when stood up on paper, Johnson has a heavy advantage on the ground. I maintain I think whoever wins the stand-up with most likely win but one does have to wonder, if McCraken stands to take control, will Johnson take the fight to the ground, and if he does, is “The Angel of Death” a match for him?

Co-Main Event for the evening

Is a bout that see’s Daniel Dylan (25-17) match up with debutant Helio “The Hitman” dos Passos (15-7-1)

This fight really truly has all the feel of a striker vs a grappler to it, with both men maintain winning records over their career but both doing it in very different manors. While fans of FV may not be familiar with dos Passos, one thing they will have heard about him upon signing is about just how good he is on the ground and he never likes to leave a fight unfinished. Only one fight in his career has gone the distance, outside of that he likes to force his opponent to quit or be finished (11 sub victories but 6 T/KO victories). On the other side of a the cage is Daniel Dylan, a man we’ve only seen appear once for FV since signing but a man we are excited to see a lot more of. He calls himself “The Champ” but does Dylan have what it takes to carve a path to the belt here in Forbidden Violence, this fight will reveal more insight on that we hope!

This featherweight fight is expected to be fast paced and all-out action but former Maple Leaf Combat champion Dylan, being the more weathered of the two fighters, will be looking not too let the fight get spiralling out of control and will look to dictate the tempo. It really is a case for dos Passos of making sure he finds a way to take down the lighter, more seasoned veteran that is Dylan, whether he looks to counter off Dylan’s strikes or bring a fast paced game-plan and look to shoot quick. If Dylan can keep the fight standing, I feel “The Champ” will have every right to be calling Jimmy Brooks and saying “watch your back buddy”.

If this fights as long as the two competitor’s names we’re in for a right treat!

When Hildebrand Gardiner Wright Blackwood (14-11) and "Quick Popper" Orville Redenbacher (35-12-1) meet inside the cage

Taking the jokes aside about the headaches these two fighters give writers trying to report on them, we should be in for another great match here and on another card this could’ve been the Main Event/Co-Main Event with ease. A lot of people saw “Quick Popper’s” arrival in Forbidden Violence as a special attraction and farewell after his dismal time in EMP but since his arrival Redenbacher went 3-0 in his first three fights earning him a title shot against the star known as FV Champion, Jermaine Barksdale, which he subsequently lost but he did take the champ the distance only to lose by decision. He’ll be looking to get back on track again when he faces Blackwood, who in his signle FV fight impressed greatly disposing of the tough Italian Ballestrazzi in under 2 minutes forcing his opponent to tap.

“Quick Popper” will want one more big KO punch to add to his already mounting amount (27 in total) of (T)KO victories and he has every chance of doing so if Blackwood’s striking defence isn’t on top form Saturday night. Blackwood is an extremely versatile fighter, so while he may have not had as many fights or victories as Redenbacher, we do know Blackwood can finish in any style, from any position on his feet or on the ground. This fight is just one of ten top fights we’ve got tonight and as I wrote earlier, on another card this could’ve been the Main Event which shows just what quality is on not only this cad but in the FV roster.

West Vs East All-Stars

As "Hammer" Mark Woleman (34-15-1) aims to take all the spoils in his match with "Kid Southern Lights" Rebel Johnson (16-18)

After going through a huge slide in his career where he lost 7 straight Johnson has come back a man on fire since beating Von Hammer, winning 6 out of 7 fights he’s been in, including his debut for FV against Tiyapairat. The “Hammer” Mark Woleman on the other hand has been on stuttering form, losing as many as he’s won recently unable to get any positive win streak going as of late, the way he did early on in his career, but Woleman will be hoping Forbidden Violence is the start of something new.

Johnson is a black belt in BBJ and will definitely be looking to take the fight down to the ground and get a tight hold on one of his top class submissions but he will have to be wary, as his jaw may not be made of glass but it certainly isn’t made of granite after being KO’d 13 times. Woleman may be the better-rounded fighter but the 40-year old veteran will have to be wary, pace himself and make sure the natural decrease in his cardio doesn’t leave him gassed later in the rounds. KO for West Coast or Sub for East, I see a winner in this one!

Main Card

Former Champion "The Natural" Avon Barksdale (18-13-1) tried to regain some momentum when facing Mark "Mean Streak" Tanner (15-13)

Another pure stand and bang fighter against a ground specialist, when Barksdale faces Tanner. Both men are 1-1 in Forbidden Violence but it’s Barksdale – who like his brother Jermaine, has been the real stand-out with a fantastic title victory on his debut and losing to the undefeated and seemingly unstoppable Adam Duritz. Tanner will be looking to beat the former champion and you must say if he is able to do that he will be in with a good shout at taking the next title shot against Duritz (who will be looking for opposition following another good win last Saturday @ FV #18.) Tanner will have to fully utilize his BBJ background to get past Barksdale if he even wants to be considered as a title challenger. Going into the fight there have been rumours and mumbling that Tanner has been struggling with his cardio and fitness but that remains to be seen as his corner have come out and announced these as “rubbish” but we’ll find out for ourselves on Friday when he appears for weigh in’s before the fight.

The Steel Penn Alliance (5-8) and Damien "RDX" Garcia (18-9) Battle it out for their first Forbidden Violence wins

One of only two fighters on the card with a negative record is Steel Penn Alliance and he faces the, by comparison, heavily popular Damien Garcia. Both of these men are looking for their first victories inside of the Violence cage and both have every reason to be confident of being able to achieve it. Garcia has shown how tough the transition to forbidden violence can be when he lost against Mark Tanner (a win that got Tanner a fight against former champion Barksdale) but he did manage to take Tanner the full distance – although he did lose every round. Which man can make the most of this fight and gain some momentum a lot of you may be asking? For me it has to be Garcia, “RDX” hasn’t show his full capabilities since signing with FV and will be keen to prove he is worthy of the contract given to him by FV officials. Penn may be better on the ground but so far he’s had no success in getting the fights their – will he be able to change his ways in the fight against Garcia? We’ll have to wait and see when these two men face off this Saturday. It may not be one of the more hyped fights on the card but for the men involved some see it as their careers in FV could potentially be on the line if either was to suffer another big loss and with the form each man has been on, anything less than a stalemate draw would be seen as a big loss for the unsuccessful corner.

Hungry Rising Star John "Crazy Train" Wensink (5-3) tries to knock off the Veteran Samak "Zen" Tiyapairat (22-12) to make a name for himself

The ever popular youngster John Wesink, who is 1-0 in FV fights, is looking to make a name for himself against veteran opposition Samak Tiyapirate who will be contesting his 35th fight Saturday night. Tiypairat has lost both his FV fights so far and is looking to bounce back with a strong win over “Crazy Train” Wensink. Tiyapairat will need to use his edge in the stand-up game, while both men are even on ground. Both of these fighters love to finish by KO and it should be an entertaining fight, with plenty of action and a finish could occur any moment.

Undercard

Ambrogio Ballestrazzi (12-9) vs Kingsley Ciprut (15-11-1)

In the last undercard bout before the main card Ballestrazzi face Ciprut in the main card Ballestrazzi face Ciprut in what will be one of the less anticipated bouts due to the poor run these two are on but it appears to most that Ballestrazzi will have the upper hand going into this fight and is most likely to turn it around. His experience and advantage in the size/weight department should be enough to see off Ciprut – particularly as Kingsley’s form has been on such a low, but both men have shown in the past they are very much capable of achieve the victory, so we shall see!

Karl Pilkington (4-0) vs Oil Slick (35-15-2)

Two really evenly matched fighters in this one but once again a story of a seasoned veteran having to be careful of a undefeated upstart who’ll be looking to put away the vet in a strong performance. This will be Pilkington’s first fight in around about 8 months so it’ll be interesting to see if the late comer to the sport will have any ring rust and be able to maintain his top ability. Oil has been around the block just a few times and that cage experience could really be the difference on the night, but Pilkington shouldn’t be ruled out and will hopefully be able to draw from his strong performances and we’re hearing both men have had a good camp coming into this fight.

Andy Carroll (6-1-0) vs Lenny Lopez (1-3-0)

To open the show we have one half of the Fight of the Night from FV #15 on the show as Andy Carroll Faces Lenny Lopez in what should be a great start to the show. As far as skills go Lopez has the wider skill-set and has proven his ability in other area’s of martial arts great, but when putting the package together so far he’s not had great luck. Carroll on the other hand on paper would normally be the underdog here but his confidence and moral are sky high and he’ll be looking for another victory to add to the 6 he’s already taken! Carroll may be able to out box Lopez but he’ll have to be cautious to avoid the ground or Lopez may punish.

It’d take a lot for any card to match that of what was on display for FV #18 and while I don’t think we shall see a fight that comes to the standard of Abel Speed’s title defence against Jase Robertson, I certainly believe this should be another solid card for Forbidden Violence. Several new guys will be getting their first taste of life in FV and it’ll be interesting to see if the “Crazy Train” can make a name for himself and beat Tiyapirat but all these questions will be answered on Saturday night. That’s all from us here at Championship Press Association but we’ll have a review following the event for those who cannot make it and a possible interview with one of the stars in the coming week, stay tuned to find out more!

Report by,

Daniel “TheMould” Milner

• Upvote 1

Andy Carroll (6-1-0) vs Lenny Lopez (1-3-0)

To open the show we have one half of the Fight of the Night from FV #15 on the show as Andy Carroll Faces Lenny Lopez in what should be a great start to the show. As far as skills go Lopez has the wider skill-set and has proven his ability in other area’s of martial arts great, but when putting the package together so far he’s not had great luck. Carroll on the other hand on paper would normally be the underdog here but his confidence and moral are sky high and he’ll be looking for another victory to add to the 6 he’s already taken! Carroll may be able to out box Lopez but he’ll have to be cautious to avoid the ground or Lopez may punish.

Report by,

Daniel “TheMould” Milner

Good to see Andy get a bit of positive exposure :) Unfortunately, it will be his last fight in FV but he is looking to go out with a bang!

Great piece of writing as well !!

• Upvote 1

Good to see Andy get a bit of positive exposure :) Unfortunately, it will be his last fight in FV but he is looking to go out with a bang!

Great piece of writing as well !!

Thanks man, all fighters on a card I cover deserve the exposure so they'll always get it. Shame you're leaving but does give a good angle to the review :P

Thanks man, all fighters on a card I cover deserve the exposure so they'll always get it. Shame you're leaving but does give a good angle to the review :P

I will look forward to reading the review...Just have to hope he wins so it isnt a commiseration review, but more a send off haha

I will look forward to reading the review...Just have to hope he wins so it isnt a commiseration review, but more a send off haha

He will be back one day mate hopefully :-)

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img845/3198/vii5.gif

Daniel “TheMould” Milner recently began Championship Press Association (opened 2/5/14) as a way for new, fresh writers, managers and organisations to get more exposure and keep fans up-to-date on the goings on inside of the MMATycoon world as they happened. So far CPA has been a relative success with over 125 views to keep track of breaking stories covering a range of topic but the company is not content with stopping here and wants to progress on!

Championship Press Association invites writers or anybody with a story to get in touch with founder Daniel “TheMould” Milner about working alongside, getting articles published or the company covering stories as the association looks to grow. Any writers interested can post their own work on the CPA thread and major news will make it to the CPA breaking news or headline news post. There is no catch to CPA as it is simply and association of writers looking to post their stories and give the die-hard community of MMA Tycoon a daily updated version of the “Tycoon News” – who CPA wish to work closely with – at no cost.

If you’re a manager or a small organisation with a story, fight build up or fighter profile/storyline you’d like covered, feel free to get in touch with founder Daniel “TheMould” Milner. Championship Press Association currently covers all events - with previews, reviews and fighter interviews - for International MMA powerhouse Synchronicity and Nevada based up-and-coming org Forbidden Violence.

Founder Milner had this comment to say; “Championship Press Association has gotten off to a great start and I’m not content with standing still, I always want to progress and keep it moving forward. The idea of CPA is for it to be a thread managers and organization owners/staff can look at, find the story they want quickly and have a quick read. I want people to think “oh, I have a few minutes spare and need to kill time, why don’t I check what news is on the CPA page real quick. All I can finish by saying is I hope any other Tycoon writers with an interest come forward and help make CPA a big thing!”

*All Reviews up two days after events and reviews minimum of two before the event. CPA will cover stories with a “Pay what you think the article” deserves attitude, we’ll write an article and you simply pay what you feel its worth for the quality produced. Any questions PM through in-game or forum.*

• Upvote 1

He will be back one day mate hopefully :-)

Delighted to be able to say that he is leaving on a high!

KO (Knee) in the first round, especially after being taken down is a great achievement for him, particularly given that he has useless knees haha

Just wanna say thanks to Frank for the opportunity to fight in FV and I look forward to seeing TheMould's review of the event and how he writes Andy Carroll's exit!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1357502074OniLogo_zpsece59e44.pnghttp://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13854904458388.gif

ONI Search for competition for Ben Stone

On the 30th of May, Osaka Niten Ichi will be holding ONI 163 in front of a potentially packed audience at Shinjuku Indoor Arena, Tokyo. Fighter Ben "Balls of " Stone, is looking for an opponent at the highly anticipated event and has even gone as far as too issue an open challenge to anybody brave enough to meet him inside the cage at ONI 163 for the ONI Welterweight (170lbs) title, as he attempts to regain what he feels he never truly lost!

The title is currently vacant and Stone has earned his shot at gold but owner Jamie Coton, who had been looking for an opponent to step forward, has yet been able to find a challenger for the man who when ONI seemingly finished was champion. This was when Ben showed he had real “Balls of” Stone and began to take things into his own hands, encouraging Cotton to allow him to face whoever may want to challenge him. While it is understood ONI would prefer Stone to face another competitor from inside of the organisation, they are open to allowing him to face a new talent coming in or a fighter from elsewhere who wants to face the Welterweight force.

Stone is a well-rounded fighter, who was made to leave his ONI welterweight title vacant when the company took its 8 month hiatus. Following this after a mildly successful run in the world’s number 2 promotion, Synchronicity, as his contract came up he made the jump back to the organization he sees as home – ONI upon its re-opening. After facing and beating Boy Bubby convincingly in his return to ONI on the second night of their resurrection, it was announced Stone would get a shot to re-claim the Welterweight title but now the challenge is finding him an opponent who can push him to the limits and maybe beyond. Who will step-up? We hope to find out shortly. All potential challengers are urged to PM Jamie Coton or post a challenge in the ONI Smack Talk thread.

Report by,

Daniel “TheMould” Milner

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1399388005poster%20fv%2019.png

FV #19 Watch Your Back

Venue: Sparta’s Palace (7,000) on Saturday 10th May.

Forbidden Violence brings you another card featuring promising talent who are looking to make a name for themselves and the organisation along the way. The 19th Weekly show from Forbidden Violence saw some surprises, some events we expect and the release of news that left fans hungry for more.

Super Heavyweight Title Fight

Mirko “The Angel of Death” McCracken (16-7-0)(1-1) vs “Fatt” Jordan Johnson (27-20-1)(Debut)

This fight was being hyped to the moon and back, the new face of Forbidden Violence’s 265+ Super Heavyweight divisions was going to be made tonight when they were crowned champion of the currently vacant Super Heavyweight Title. A title left vacant by former champion Calloway who departed undefeated in FV. These two men stepped up in his wake, with Johnson making his debut tonight.

What we got in the main event Saturday night was nothing but shock, a stunned capacity audience of 7,000 at Sparta’s Palace watch on as this fight finished in a mere 31 seconds. As the fight began both me advanced but Johnson hands were slow to react as McCraken threw a lightning quick combo to knock down the debutant straight of the bat and open up a cut upon his head. “The Angel of Death” hovered around the fallen Johnson as he would not be drawn into a ground war and waved “Fatt” to his feet. Johnson warily obliged but he may as well stayed down as McCraken kept out of his reach before landing another rapid combo which saw Johnson go down for good, not only giving McCraken the KO victory but also handing him the title. McCraken has not one a MMA title in nearing two years and the delight was clear (after turning his career to Kick-Boxing), we give you the new FV Super Heavyweight champion, “The Angel of Death” McCracken!

Co-Main Event

Daniel Dylan (25-17)(1-0) vs Helio “The Hitman” dos Passos (15-7-1)(0-0)

Daniel Dylan has been a champion everywhere he has been, so it is little wonder he likes to call himself “TheChamp” but on Saturday night he faced stiff opposition against the 7 time submission of the night winner in Brazilian dos Passos. A true battle of a striker vs a grappler in this featherweight match up that saw these great combatants take the fight the distance to a decision.

It certainly won’t go down as one of the all-time classics as both men seemed to play overly defensive looking to not get finished rather than to finish their opponent. Dos Passos controlled the fight in the early goings getting a take down and controlling the ground game, until very late in the first round after a stand-up where Dylan returned the favour with a takedown of his own to end a round “The Hitman” had otherwise dominated. The rest of the night was a different story as dos Passos took several shots from Dylan and had a few takedowns thwarted, leading a big set up for the third. Which did not pick up any pace and seemed as if both men were looking for a decision rather, than to finish before the final bell, despite a few somewhat threatening submission attempts. As It went to the score cards all three gave scores of 29:28 in favour to Dylan, who remained undefeated since his arrival in FV, he went onto thank the fans and promising a more exciting fight next time out, which he hoped would be soon.

Main Card

Hildebrand Gardiner Wright Blackwood (14-11)(1-0) vs "Quick Popper" Orville Redenbacher (35-12-1)(3-1)

The evenly matched ability and outstanding cardio of these two fighters meant, in my opinion, this fight could’ve gone on for 5 rounds and I don’t think we would’ve seen a finish or even a clear and decisive winner as Blackwood took on Redenbacher. The two men took the fight the whole three rounds to a decision, which Blackwood scraped 29:28 but it was a fight that really could’ve had a different story.

The fight opened with strong stand-up from both men landing several strikes each, with Blackwood even being cut after a mean 45 seconds, before it transitioned to and fro the ground for the remainder of the fight. While neither fighter was particularly convincing in any of the “close” finishes and submission attempts, this may be down to the heart both men showed when on the defensive end than the finishing ability of the aggressor as Blackwood survived multiple big shots and “Quick Popper” escaped from a total of 10 submissions to make it to the end. It won’t go down as HOF career making fight, but it’s certainly one the fans appreciated live in Sparta’s Palace and left many hungry of the main event and title fight that followed shortly after.

"Hammer" Mark Woleman (34-15-1)(Debut) vs "Kid Southern Lights" Rebel Johnson (16-18)(1-0)

On what should’ve been an impressive debut in a tough fight for Mark Woleman against Rebel Johnson, it was announced to the Las Vegas audience that Woleman failed to make weight coming in at 185.1lbs for his fight at 170lbs resulting in a No Contest. A noise of disgust came from the fans in the arena and it remains to be seen whether Woleman will remain under contract with FV or not following this incident where it is clear the fighter made no attempt to make weight in what can only be seen as a cowardly attempt to duck the fight with Johnson.

"The Natural" Avon Barksdale (18-13-1)(1-1) vs Mark "Mean Streak" Tanner (15-13)(1-1)

Former champion and brother of current 205lbs champion Jermaine, Avon Barksdale faced off against Mark Tanner in what looked like one of the hottest matches outside of the main events. The fight itself was a great back and forth contest with both competitors putting on a strong showing. Barksdale started the first round strongly by cutting Tanner early but Tanner showed a lot of heart and determination to claw back and actually take the round as he controlled both his emotions and his opponent phenomenally to take the first round. Unfortunately for Tanner, Barksdale came out strongly and controlled the fight making sure Tanner couldn’t take the game to the ground and keeping his strikes soft and from range. Every time the fighters came into the clinch Barksdale gave out the majority of shots and came off better in the exchanges and this showed when the fight when to the judges’ score cards. Barksdale took this great fight 29:28 by unanimous decision and just proved overly too much for his opposition despite Tanners strong outing.

The Steel Penn Alliance (5-8)(0-1) vs Damien "RDX" Garcia (18-9)(0-2)

Normally most would’ve seen this fight as a walk-over for Garcia coming in but with a huge slip in form and a resulting lack of confidence, many saw this as a more even fight and it would be a case of which fighter could last the longest not finish off the other first. Those thoughts could not be further from the truth.

Garcia came straight out at the start holding nothing back and showing no concern for his own wellbeing throwing everything he had at Steel and it paid off, Any longer and he may of gassed himself out early with the overwhelming aggression he displayed but with a huge head kick that left Alliance dazed against the fence Garcia moved in for the killed throwing strike after strike against his opponent, leaving the official no choice but to call a stop to the contest awarding Garcia the win by TKO. Garcia was clearly delighted with the victory and that must do wonders for his confidence but one does have to wonder, against a more skilled opposition would that extreme level of aggression backfire against “RDX”.

Undercard

John "Crazy Train" Wensink (5-3)(1-0) vs Samak "Zen" Tiyapairat (22-12)(0-2)

Rising star John “Crazy” train” Wensink matched up against the seasoned Vet “Zen” who had been on a bit of a slump as late, losing his last 2 fights in FV. The fight was In and out the clinch for the most part as the fighters were happy to get up close and personal with each other, looking for a finish at any opportunity. “Crazy train” Wensink in his typical aggressive style was looking strong but got cut which slowed his momentum, giving Tiyapairat the opportunity to pile on the pressure and rock Wensink. “Zen” followed up with a series of sharp strikes for the TKO victory to the delite of the fans, Tiyapairat post match decided to big himself up when talking to the announcers.

Ambrogio Ballestrazzi (12-9)(0-1) vs Kingsley Ciprut (15-11-1)(0-1)

Another fight that went deep into the third round on this stacked FV #19, in very contrasting fashion to how the previous card had been, was the match up that saw two evenly matched fighters push each other to the limit. It was one of the more entertaining fights of the card two as the back and forth action was fought on feet but both men were happy to fight in the clinch up close and personal – scoring a lot of points! Ciprut had the majority of strong strikes land as he cut open Ballestrazzi each round and by the third you could only feel it would be a matter of time before Ciprut took the win. The fight was finally stopped and victory awarded to Ciprut after the official called in the cage side doctor to check out the cut and the doctor then called a halt to the bout. While the fans wanted to see the finish occur through the fighters ability they must, and seemingly did, respect the official’s decision to protect the fighter’s future and health.

Karl Pilkington (4-0)(Debut) vs Oil Slick (35-15-2)(Debut)

Battle between two debutants as Pilkington, who has been on a 6 month hiatus, returns to face 40-year-old veteran Oil Slick. These two men come to Forbidden Violence for two very different reasons, but both to achieve the same goal. Pilkington will be wishing to prove he’s gained a step since he was last seen, while Slick was looking to show he’s still got it. He did just that as this fight which some thought would go the full 15 minutes in which both men saw their share on control but eventually half way through the third round it was Pilkington who had the break through with a clean takedown which Slick couldn’t defend. Once on the bottom it went all wrong for the undefeated man though as one slight slip cost him the fight when Slick slapped on a guillotine the returning stand-out could not get out of and near stealing the submission victory. It was something only a veteran could pull off as the gap was minimal but that’s what experience counts for and Slick showed the fans, he really has still got it.

Andy Carroll (6-1-0)(1-0) vs Lenny Lopez (1-3-0)(1-2)

It may not have been fight of the night but Carroll vs Lopez opened the show in Sparta’s Palace and was a solid bout that saw what most had predicted, Carroll wanted to keep to a striking war while Lopez wanted to keep the fight up close and personal before taking it to the ground. The early exchanges were even with Carroll scoring some big shots but Lopez getting a very quick takedown, although was unable to capitalize once the fight was on the ground. Carroll desire to not see his last fight for FV come to an end with the opponents hand raised showed in his performance and he gave it is all before finally finishing the fight with a defensive countering knee that put Lopez out cold. That really could’ve been KO of the night had it not been for the main event but it was a great way for Carroll to say farewell to the fans and they responded with a respectful applause as he left the cage undefeated in Forbidden Violence.

OF THE NIGHT awards, Sponsored by HGH Nutrients!

Fight of the night: Hildebrand Gardiner Wright Blackwood vs Orville Redenbacher

KO of the night: Mirko McCracken

Sub of the night: Oil Slick

After a very solid card again from FV it appears that last week was not just a one off. Along with news being made official over the last few days that top 200 Pound-for-Pound fighter Paul Smith signing with FV, it shows the company is definitely on the up attracting more high profile names such as the top-10 Super Heavyweight fighter and cards such as this and FV #18 are sure only to solidify the improving reputation of Forbidden Violence. The pressure is on for those who follow after these two great cards!

Report by

Daniel “TheMould” Milner

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1399586310image.jpg

Syn ' 299 Singular Duality – Review

On Sunday 11th May @ LA Memorial Colossuseum (Capacity of 93,607)

Synchronicity hosted it’s 299th weekly event this Sunday just past and it was a packed card as Syn gave us two title matches and three top 100 ranked P4P fighters in the world on one card. Read on to find out who the real winners and losers were as well as who went on to retain/become the Welterweight and Featherweight champions at the end of the night and who was able to make a name for themselves at the expense of their opponent.

The Welterweight Title Fight

Daniel "Ravishing" Roth (24-10-2) vs champion Sergiy Skylar (31-8-1)

As champion and challenger made their way to the cage, the contrasting look of focus, determination and mind-set was clear as the challenge – close friends with pro wrestler Shawn Michaels – came out to Sexy Boy dancing but the Champion Skylar came out as stern faced and controlled as ever.

The two men also had clear contrasting game plans as Roth came in looking to stand and bang but Skylar was having none of it taking Roth to the ground and then trying on the ground and pound. This was the theme of most of the fight with Skylar successful in all three of his takedown attempts. Skylar’s style may not have been the most aphetically pleasing but it certainly was effective, really testing the will and cardio of Roth. This lead to the finish when straight off the second round start he got his third take-down and proceeded with the same strategy as in the first – blowing off a submission attempt from Roth in the meantime – he eventually broke the guard of Roth, rocking him before proceeding to land some undefended shots that signalled it was all over for the official who stopped the bout.

After the announcement was made that Sergiy Skylar had won by TKO stoppage and retained his belt, a clearly emotional Skylar spoke directly to the Syn crowd thanking them for their on-going support, even going as far to credit them and the support they give to the success he has in the cage. A really genuine moment the fans appreciated post fight.

Co-Main Event

Evgeniy Malkin (17-6-1) vs Apollo Jackson (17-3-0)

If you are looking for a fight that pretty much had it all, this was the one, the co-main event of the night, Malkin vs Jackson. It was a match-up that really did live up to the billing as these two men took the fight the whole distance to a descision. The fight was back and forth and neither man allowed the other to take control in the slightest. It was a true classic and if you haven’t seen it, you should watch it on playback. As it went to the score cards with both men equal in every aspect the fight was ruled a draw, with the judge’s ruling it 29:29, 28:29, 29:28. The announcement of this led to a “One more round” chant from the sold out audience inside of the Collossusuem.

Featherweight Title Match-up

Champion Matt Miller (33-10-1) vs "The Justice" Mitch Heisenberg (35-21-1)

One of the most anticipated matches of the night was the fight between Champion Matt Miller and the man they call “The Justice” for the featherweight title. These men have both been on incredible hot streak with only 3 losses between them in 18 fights before Sunday night and it truly showed in their performance. The fight start with somewhat of a feeling out process on the feet with strikes from range occurring most, until Miller moved the fight up close in the clinch. Heisenberg may have been the aggressor in the fight but Miller was definitely happier when the fight was closer as he looked for a few takedowns. He got a crucial one in the second round as he took “The Justice” down and looked to press with ground and pound. The fight stayed their till the finish which occurred when Miller made it to the mount and began to rain down strikes rocking and then putting Heisenberg to sleep when the official had to step in to halt the contest giving Miller the TKO victory and retaining his title belt.

Main Card

Jan Zelenka (19-3-1) vs Derek "The Artist" Riggs (28-17-0)

The winner between Jan Zelenka and “The Artist” would seemingly be next in line to possibly have a shot at facing Michael Patton for the title but it would have to be a convincing victory to be seen as a real threat to Patton’s championship. Riggs came in and did just that putting on afantastic performance taking the victory by TKO when he dominated Zalenka from start to finish landing strikes to just about every part of the Czech’s body and within 2 and a half minutes he had Zalenka defenceless up against the cage. If you are going to make a stake for a title fight against one of the top champions here in Syn that’ has got to be the way to do it in such dominating fashion. With 4 victories straight now for “The Artist”, I wouldn’t want to be the man in the way of number 5.

Roderick "The Hammer" Jenkins (13-5-0) vs Royston "The Titan" De Noteboom (36-16-1)

In what was one of the most lack lustre bouts not only on the card but seen in recent Syn history, “The Hammer” took a unanimous decision victory over Roston De Noteboom. Neither men showed what they were capable off today and on top of that both will be disappointed that they couldn’t provide a better fight. Part of it could be down to “The Titan”’s low morale and confidence from his baron spell but Jenkins will be the happier of the two providing us with an entertaining 30 second spell in which he cut De Noteboom open and threw some solid hands. It will be a fight for not only the fans to forget but also the fighters as they move on and hope to provide a better showing come the next time they are inside the cage.

When "The Russian" Nikolai Radev (13-5-0) vs Michael "The Cyborg Slayer" Shanks (25-11-0)

Another closely matched contest between the Russian and the Cyborg Slayer in what was billed as the “Cold War in the Cage” took place on Sunday. These two men came into the fight evenly matched on paper and as expect, in the cage, they were just as equal. Radev was arguably the better man on the night as he took the Majority Decision victory but the match-up could’ve easily gone the other way but Radev’s takedowns and cleaner strikes impressed the judges more than the heavy hitting of “The Cyborg Slayer”. Another full 15 minuet fight for the fans to enjoy here at the LA Memorial Colossuseum, they really did get more than their money’s worth tonight at Syn’299!

Prelims

Leandro "Beastly" Alves (27-18-0) vs "Captain" Tsubasa J Champ (19-7-0)

Alves vs J Champ saw the only undercard fight that we got to see a finish in and many saw it coming from the offset. Both men looked extremely focused coming in but the “Captain” had no answer for Leandro Alves’ take down ability or ground game as Alves pilled on the pressure over the two rounds of the fights duration and eventually Tsubasa J Champ could hold out no more as Alves put on a “Beastly” submission hold to take the victory. It wasn’t a pretty or entertaining fight but Alves seemed unfazed by this and was joyous in victory.

Jason "The Claw" Griffin (28-17-3) vs Charles "The Hammer" Martel (45-15-0)

All three of the opening three fights went to a decision with “The Claw” and “The Hammer” also running the full distance in another fast paced exciting bout. The first two rounds were extremely even and both men had a chance going into the third with Griffin possibly having the edge – but neither man seemingly wanted to leave it to chance as both came out looking to finish the other. Martel made the most of the third round cutting Griffin open with a great head kick that would’ve put some other opposition away for good but Griffin kept it close following that. As the fighters waited for the announcement of the judges scores there was a huge buzz around the arena as nobody knew which way it was going to go. The suspense was ended when it was announced that Griffin had won by unanimous decision (29:28, 29:28. 29:29). The solid performance from both men left some controversy in the eyes of the fans but this was dismissed by a very humble Martel who said post fight that “Griffin was the better man on the night” and deserved the victory.

"The Divine Weapon" Nino Blaze (33-13-0) vs Enrique "The Judge" Rizzo Jr (20-8-0)

This fight began like a ball of fire, with both me coming out swinging like madmen, busting each other open early on with some wild shots and at that point you’d be forgiven for think this’ll be over quick but both men settled more into the fight and it even ended up going the full distance to a decision. The two fighters had they been higher up on the card would most likely been looking at an “Of The Night” award as the fast paced stand-up action not only got the crowd interested but had them on their feet countless times. Blaze took the victory by unanimous decision but neither of these fighters will be viewed as a loser with the fans as they both left it all out there and the appreciation the fans had was clear – with a standing ovation for the two warriors as they left the arena.

Alphons "The Cardinal" Draclau (27-7-1) vs Steinar Sting (37-23-1)

“The Cardinal” was looking to make it three wins in a row when he took on Sting who was looking to bounce back to some stability. The fight itself was a good way to start the evening with the two combatants both looking to finish but unable to do so before the fight when to a majority decision victory for Draclau. While it wasn’t fight of the year quality it certainly was a solid fight in its own right and got the fans right into the card from the offset with both men near equal for the duration.

OF THE NIGHT Awards, Sponsored by Reaper Combatwear

*To Be Announced*

It was an overly impressive card from Synchronicity on Sunday evening and particular highlights were the title matches although one of the top fights of tonight which could put both competitors more into the public eye was the prelim match-up of Nino Blaze and Enrique Rizzo Jr. Neither man should go home disappointed from that fight as it was true fight of the night quality. A couple of disappointing fights tonight but they will be overshadowed by the class and the fact that this Friday coming is the 30tth Weekly Synchronicity event, Syn’300! We’ll see you their live in person or on Pay-Per-View!

Report by,

Daniel “TheMould” Milner

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1363340514Logo01.jpg

Syn’300 – 4th Times a Charm

On Friday 16th May @ LA Memorial Colossuseum (capacity: 93,607)

Synchronicity comes to you for their “Official” 300th regular event, although it is not their 300th card it is still a special occasion and all on the card will look to impress and show promise for the future of the organization. With Syn’299 being a solid card, the fighters who will be participating in the Colossuseum come Friday night will be looking to push it that extra mile.

Middleweight (185lbs) Title Fight

Kostas Charalabous (29-6-0) v Dante Evangelisti (39-8-0) Champion

Dante Evangelisti Is one of the legends of Synchronicity and is a guarantee’d Hall of Famer upon retirement with the organization having been with the organisation since late 2010 and he has only got better with age. He is 6 fights unbeaten, wing and holding the title for the last 5 of those, does Charalabous have something in him that can bring a result we havn’t seen in a Evangelisti fight since the match up with Dee? That remains to be seen but on paper he may well do.

Charalabous is considered a phenomenal striker coming from a boxing background and has picked up the art of Muay-Thai to compliment his stand-up game nicely. He can also hold his own on the ground so it what has Fight of the Night written all over it and I for one, along with the millions of Syn fans across the world, cannot wait for this bout to begin. Synchronicity presents Charalabous vs Evangelisti for the title of Middleweight champion of the world!

Main Card

“Double A” Andres Aguinaldo (43-19-1) v “The Thing” Ben Grimm (29-7-1)

At the end of last year, “The Thing” Ben Grimm had been the number three Pound-for-Pound fighter in the world, he’s still a house hold name but after losing his heavyweight title he’s been on a relative slump of two straight losses. “Double A” (the former Super Heavyweight Champion) will be looking to make that three as he makes his second appearance at 265lbs after dropping down from 265lbs+ when he lost his title against current champion James Proudstar.

The two fighters are both looking to really kick boost the next stages of their career and I personally could see this being a title match for the Heavyweight title by the end of this year. These men are very evenly matched on their feet with the slight edge possibly going to “The Thing” Ben Grimm but Aguinaldo is one of the world’s best when it comes to the ground game. “Double A’s” BJJ is second to very few people on the planet, let alone in the sport and he’ll want to utilize this to get the win. It won’t be easy though as Grimm is world renowned for his take-down defence and ability to keep the fight standing and get the T/KO victory. It’ll be interesting to see how this one plays out and on any other card in the world; I think this fight would be closing the show, which shows the depth of talent on display here this coming Friday.

Hamid Zaferani (27-16-1) v “Gambler” Bad Idea (26-12-1)

In his debut for Syn “Gambler” Bad Idea had a great start to his time in the organisation when he beat Buzz Cloltran by Unanimous Decision and he’ll be looking to add to that with a victory over Zaferani. Hamid Zaferani is a man optimizes the phrase stand-up cardio machine, as he has got 18 wins by (T)KO and in his last 14 fights, only once has one of his fights not made it to the 3rd round. Zaferani will also be stacked with confidence coming into this one with his only loss in 6 fights being against the current Featherweight Champion Sergiy Skylar in what was a number one contenders match. If Zaferani can put Bad Idea away he could be in contention to be next in line for a shot at the title and revenge against Skylar.

For Bad Idea to take victory in this fight one would suspect he’d have to go to the ground as his BJJ is the only place he holds any kind of advantage over Zaferani, especially the deeper the fight goes as Idea has great cardio but it’s yet to be proven whether it’s on the same level as Zaferani’s or not just yet. It’s not an official contender elimination fight but it might as well be because the looser of this is going to fall drastically behind the pack that is chasing the current champ Skylar, both men need to bring their “A” game and go for a finish if they want to make a lot of noise.

Bantamweight Title Match

Champion “Raging Pitbull” Jake Lamotta (42-17-1) v Frank “Razor” Rizzo Jr (26-15-2)

This bantamweight title match will as always take part over 5 rounds of 5 minutes and looking at the champion’s record, I think we shall need every single minute of it with each second of this 25 minute fight being as crucial as the next in who will leave tonight crowned Syn Bantamweight Champion. This has the makings of a great all round fight, with Rizzo definitely favouring the stand and bang style while Lamotta is more happy to go where the fight takes him with 14 wins by (T)KO, 14 by Submission and the other 14 by decision I think it’s clear to see why he’s confident that confident.

“Razor” enters the fight in great form, only losing one of the last 7 bouts he’s been involved with, finishing three on them by KO – most recently knocking off the brash Kid Torres at Syn’298 for the second time this year. Formally the number 1 in his weight class in this world, Lamotta will be going into this fight knowing he’ll be in for a challenge, particularly as it’s his first defence since recapturing the belt at Supernova V. This fight alone is reason to order this PPV if you can’t get a ticket for this sold out event but to consider it’s alongside the Middleweight Title Fight and 8 other top class match-up, this card is a must have.

Undercard

“The Longsnapper” Patrick Mannelly (20-6-1) v Shawn Kronburger (37-19-0)

This fight has the feel of an “anything you can do, I can do better” one up-manship contest between the debutant and the former champion. Kronburger, 37 years of age, is the former champion and has slipped slightly after losing his belt at the first defence to Skylar, then again to Yang Tao, after going on a 5 fight winning streak which saw him become champion. He’ll be hoping to get a strong result against new comer Mannelly to even stand a chance of ever regaining the title he once briefly held. “The Longsnapper” Patrick Mannelly comes in after spells at, current Syn owners previous organisation, BFE and UVT, in which he gained a reputation for being able to go a fair distance only ever having one fight stopped in the first round (a win over Chew Bacca).

How the fight will go will depend on the will and determination of the fighters more than the skills of the respective men, on paper Mannelly edges it but Kronburger’s experience doesn’t count for nothing and it more than makes up for the VERY slight edge in skill. This fight will be won by the fighter that goes out and looks for a finish, if both men hold back and let it go to a decision – well – I don’t think it’s something the fans want to see, or either man should want to risk.

"mēpisukaryā" Itagaki Fukuzawa (16-4-0) v Chauncey “Nightcrow” Silvestre (31-16-1)

Chauncey Silvestre must be coming into this one thinking, “What do I have to do to beat Matt Miller” because other than a controversial split decision, Miller is the only person to have beaten “Nightcrow” and he’s now done it three times. The former champion has been impressive in every other outing and will know he most likely won’t see another title shot come his way for as long as Miller holds the belt but a win here would be a good way to kick start the regain campaign that is chasing the Syn Featherweight title. Fukuzawa comes into this fight as the youngster with a lot to prove, having won his Syn Debut he got off to a good start but will be looking to show it wasn’t a one-time thing.

These two men have very contrasting styles as Fukuzawa always wants the finish, claiming 13 (T)KO’s in his 16 career wins, while Silvestre is happy to control the fight and if he gets an opportunity take it but playing safe for the decision seems to be his style. Will Fukuwaza be less aggressive now he is in a bigger organisation or does he stick to the same plan that got him this far. And if he does, will it be a live by the sword, die by the sword mentality or is he open to change. This bout has a lot of questions surrounding it and it’ll be interesting to see them answered.

"The Freight Train" Cain Colbert (34-22-0) v Jobe Nkemakolam (34-14-0)

The two fighters are incredibly evenly matched, with both – on paper – appearing a carbon copy of the other, they will have to work hard to find their opponents weakness and break them down. “The Freight Train” has been training with Philly Dawgz MMA and will have been working hard 1-on-1 with his coaching staff and corner men to be full prepared for the cardio fanatic that is Nikemakolam. Jobe Nikemakolam – out of the Philippines – has seen 12 of his wins come from unanimous decision and only 2 of his last 13 fights have finished in the first but on both occasions he was KO’d. He’ll be looking to prove he has a chin of stone and not of glass in this one. This fight could well and truly go either way and these two men will have to be ready to go the distance if needed, as neither will want to go early. Will they approach it with the same styles, will they want to stand and trade blows or take it too the floor? The only thing I am confident is we won’t see a submission finish with that happening only 4 times (win or lose) in the entire history of these two fighters careers.

Prelims

Rico “El Chupacabra” Dominguez (24-11-3) v James Mayer De Rothschild (32-16-2)

De Rothschild his a renowned BJJ practitioner and is seen as one of the world’s top take down specialists – attempting an average of 2 takedowns per fight during his career – but once he’s there, unlike many, he is not one dimensional. De Rothschild has a fantastic technical ability, improving position and locking the submission in if the opportunity presents itself but if it doesn’t that doesn’t faze him, as he’s great at the ground and pound too. The opposition Dominguez may have a slight advantage in the stand-up and he will/should want to keep the fight standing for the duration as I don’t think he has the ability to stop the BJJ Black Belt from having his way if it goes to the ground. Both man has won their last three fights for Syn, so it’ll be interesting to see which man can make it four straight and bring a buzz around themselves! Dominguez vs De Rothschild, who’s got it in them!

Indica Jatlier (21-6-0) v Keke “Hammer” Pummel (21-13-0)

When the Sweed Indica Jatier joined Syn he impressed many people inside the company along with the fans of it when he took two unanimous decision victories againse Sed El Bunt and Jase Newson in his first two fight. He is coming off the back of a loss against former ONI champion, Ben Stone, but Jatier will be looking to glaze over that with strong showing against Keke Pummel. “The Hammer” as he is affectionately known by all his fans, will be looking to impress with a debut victory but he will have to be wary of the ground game of Jatier. His 13 (T)KO victories are nothing to sniff at though as Pummel will look to do what his name says and stand and bang with the tough Sweed. Unlike a lot of fights on the card I don’t think this one will go the distance as – whether win or lose – the “Hammer” has only been to one decision in the last 7 fights, so keep sharp and ready to see one of these men go down early.

“The True King” Viserys Targaryen (20-11-1) v Holden “Aerial” James (27-20-1)

The true kind will be looking to utilize his strong ground game and gain another submission as he looks to stop his recent slide of4 losses in 6 fights and pick up a victory against stand up, Armenian powerhouse Holden James, who has been on his own slide as of late, losing his last 3 fights straight. Confidence will be low with both of these fighters but if James can come out the gates strong I could see this being over before the third round is needed, if the fight goes long then Targaryen has the edge, with being able to pull out several decision victories. It should be an exciting one for the fans who will be hoping to see the finish, the main question is can James land a few big hits to rock Targaryen or can the “True King” take it the distance or even counter with a submission to take the victory.

This card has shapped up to be something really special, and it’s just what the Syn fans deserve. A top class card on one of the biggest nights in the history of the company, where it celebrates its 300th weekly card, that truly reperesents the quality of not just the organisation but also the roster and the fan base. As always the “Of The Night” awards will be brought to you by Reaper Combatwear and it is always a tough job for the panel that decides those awards but this Friday, they will have an exceptionally difficult job. We can wait to see you live on PPV or in person on Friday 16th May and what this great pool of talent will have to offer.

Report by,

Daniel “TheMould” Milner