Confused about company hype

BigPoppaJD

Also, I read that the hype boost you get from fighters is directly correlated to how big of a sponsorship you give them... a 5000$ sponsor if he wins will generate more hype than a 2000$ sponsorship winning in the same fashion. Some of my info may be somewhat out of date because I have read literally thousands of forum posts some dating back to like 9 years ago...

Also, I read that the hype boost you get from fighters is directly correlated to how big of a sponsorship you give them... a 5000$ sponsor if he wins will generate more hype than a 2000$ sponsorship winning in the same fashion. Some of my info may be somewhat out of date because I have read literally thousands of forum posts some dating back to like 9 years ago...

I havent found a whole lot of posts dedicated to company hype, how to get it, keep it, etc.

Would a small boost of hype from the mma tycoon do anything?

I was actually wondering why there would even be an option for a write up of a gym?... have gyms ever had hype?

I just started my first company, it started as an island gym and turned into a trash sparring gym real fast,

if I didn't recently learn how to trade in V.I.P. days I would be completely screwed...

also, why is it impossible to run a good quality gym and still make money? My coaches wages all together are $48,000 a week, I make $12,000 a week from gym fees.. My gym is a money burning business for sure but it's worth it for my fighters lol

Sorry, I rambled a little bit there...

• 1 month later...

Anyone know how this works...

You sponsor a guy who has both MMA hype and KT hype. If he is primarily a KT guy his KT hype is higher than his MMA hype. When you look at that guy in your sponsored fighter list it shows his MMA hype NOT his KT hype which is higher relative to KT standings.

So...if a KT guy wins a fight it looks like the sponsor get bupkis out of it. His MMA hype won't go up. Or has Mike compensated for this somehow. It sure looks like the sponsor gets nothing for his money, and if so that sure screws KT fighters too. Why would anyone sponsor them?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

I have been running or managing a clothing company for the last 2 years and have no idea how it works.

I have checked hype on partner screen and even after 1000 item day there wasnt even a blip on hype number so who knows?

I have seen companies with lots of fighters sponsored and companies with hardly any with similar hype although It seems to me sponsoring lots of fighters helps help but very slowly. Also we have had many 500 weeks but once again the difference in hype is not noticeable.

I think having a org partner affects hype as well and vice versa, but once again it is not noticeable

I guess all of the above do a small amount. I think it should take a lot of effort and a long time to build hype and I guess the amounts you can gain are reightfully very small

My best guess is all of the above do improve hype and at least maintain it but if you are expecting big changes (like with the fighters or managers) quickly you will be disappointed. I think the key is grind away and be active with partners, sales and sponsorships and your hype will be near the top with no big fluctuations

I would love to know what TJ was doing to get 1000 hype as we have never been close but I am guessing TJ ran a company for a long time

I have been running or managing a clothing company for the last 2 years and have no idea how it works.

I have checked hype on partner screen and even after 1000 item day there wasnt even a blip on hype number so who knows?

I have seen companies with lots of fighters sponsored and companies with hardly any with similar hype although It seems to me sponsoring lots of fighters helps help but very slowly. Also we have had many 500 weeks but once again the difference in hype is not noticeable.

I think having a org partner affects hype as well and vice versa, but once again it is not noticeable

I guess all of the above do a small amount. I think it should take a lot of effort and a long time to build hype and I guess the amounts you can gain are reightfully very small

My best guess is all of the above do improve hype and at least maintain it but if you are expecting big changes (like with the fighters or managers) quickly you will be disappointed. I think the key is grind away and be active with partners, sales and sponsorships and your hype will be near the top with no big fluctuations

I would love to know what TJ was doing to get 1000 hype as we have never been close but I am guessing TJ ran a company for a long time

From my understanding I think the fighter has to give their sponsor a shout out in a victory speech after a fight. I've also noticed not many fighters do this, people are quick enough to take the sponsorship money from the companies for their fighters, but more often than not they never give anything back in return, because they are building their own hype and popularity for their fighter, which can be frustrating...

From my understanding I think the fighter has to give their sponsor a shout out in a victory speech after a fight. I've also noticed not many fighters do this, people are quick enough to take the sponsorship money from the companies for their fighters, but more often than not they never give anything back in return, because they are building their own hype and popularity for their fighter, which can be frustrating...

yeah like you say not many do. I still think sponsorship without shout outs improves hype, how much I dont know? All of the things i noted above seem to help but there doesnt appear any one thing that gives a large amount. I have had times where have literally had dozens of shout outs in a few days, didnt make any noticeable difference

yeah like you say not many do. I still think sponsorship without shout outs improves hype, how much I dont know? All of the things i noted above seem to help but there doesnt appear any one thing that gives a large amount. I have had times where have literally had dozens of shout outs in a few days, didnt make any noticeable difference

It could also be a snakes and ladders effect where if your sponsored fighters lose, they lose their hype, and therefore company hype decreases too, this is just a guess though, I don't know this for definite, but would make some sense.

• Upvote 1

Thank sponsor is a bad option imo, because you can hype yourself, increase the fighter's hype which benefits everyone - the fighter, the sponsor and the org he's fighting at. That being said, I have never cared about sponsor money and most of my fighters are on 0.01$ sponsorship deals. Clothing/nutrition companies don't have a significant benefit in offering large sponsorship deals since it doesn't improve their income by a lot. It is a thing that Mike could improve but he has to balance it - for example if a top 10p4p fighter thanks his sponsor, the sponsor immediately gets X number of product sales and a decent hype improvement. As of now, only the fighters are buying goods from clothing/nutrition companies while in RL there are fans buying merch, people who train at the local gym are buying supplements. Adding NPC(non-player character) purchases for clothing/nutrition companies could be a nice improvement to the game and might bring any sense into the sponsorship deals - the companies would have to compete financially to sign the best fighters to a deal while now it is just "I don't care about sponsor contracts, I'll sign for free with my alliance buddy". But then you'll have more money injected into the already inflated MMAT economy, which would need Mike to implement something else to take those money away from the game - like fighters spending their cash for living, cause now they just paying gym, sports clothing and nutrition lol. Can add a factor called "living costs" for example, which could be related to the fighter's p4p - the more famous the fighter, the more luxurious life he lives, etc. But that would mean Mike creating a problem for the purpose of solving it... maybe it could make the game more realistic but that's the only benefit I can come up with now.

• Upvote 2

I guess im just salty because I was ranked 2-3 for a long time and even 1st every once in awhile and now im 8th lol, still top 10 but cant bring it back down no matter what i do

Could the expansion of folks being allowed more than one business now be playing in? More businesses = more competition suddenly and if some of them are jumping up quick due to laundry, etc?

• Upvote 1

So it looks like no one know the answer to the KT hype question eh :)

On big hype moves...My hype doubled after week one, and I expect to see another nice increase after week two. Now that comes from a very low starting point eh, and it's almost 100% attributable to offering sponsorships. From then on out I don't expect to see great leaps forward in hype increases. I believe the system, such that it is, is designed to be a slow accumulating process. Like everything else in the game :)

On post fight shout outs...While it would be nice to get the small boost from that, I think it's better for the fighter to hype himself. In the long run maintaining strong relationships with your sponsorships/customers pays off. If they are buying your product that helps sales and growing sales helps hype too. Now if they aren't giving you the shout out OR buying your products, that's an entirely different kettle of stinky fish. Sponsorships need to be a two way street.

On no money sponsorships...It saves your sponsor money, no payments no pay, but in the long run it doesn't do a whole lot for his business. All he gets is a small hype bump however often your fighter wins. What he loses is the hype bonus from the payment and daily dollars. I don't know this to be accurate, but my hunch is the biggest component of company hype is the daily dollars. So unless you've got a fighter that wins 12 times a year it's my thinking a sponsor is losing more hype by not paying you than he's getting from your fighter winning. While minuscule, that daily dollar hype is accumulating daily. IF your fighter goes every month how much hype is that over the life of a 90/120 day sponsorship? What's the math...don't know and doubt we'll ever be told.

Just a few thought on the ever mysterious subject of company hype :)