Sliders - By Round?

Wispey

Maybe this would be entirely too difficult to code and could make the game more difficult for new players, but it would be cool if there was a way to set up sliders that modify by round.

ie If I have a high cardio guy but need to be fairly counter heavy early due to takedowns, I could have him pick up the pace in the later rounds.

I'm not a huge forum guy so maybe this has already been discussed and thrown out, but as I was setting up some sliders, it crossed my mind

It would be awesome.

If you search the forums you will see interest in this idea going back almost a decade!

First round leg kicks, second round body shots, third round head shots, KO.

Agreed. And while I'm far from being good at managing the basic sliders as it is now, I think it'd be awesome to have more fine control by round, and even have some "conditional" type alternate settings by round.

• Upvote 1

As an org owner, can you do like PRIDE? One 10 min round, if a draw, another 5 min round. Winner is decided by the end of the round, not addind bouth rounds scores? (it is kinda round/round decision making as well, just not the fighter managing decision, so not completely out of subject)

It has been up before and while people would want to vary tactics more by round imagine this.. there are 38 sliders and some other options, take that times 3 rounds or 5 even for a title fight. As much as I would like the fight engine to get even more depth I'll have to say no thanks.

Maybe if you got the option to override just one or two sliders of your choice per round instead? Or even better add X number of overrides in total at start of any round and it would take effect from there on.

Should give most of the effect without have to scroll down several pages of sliders.

• Upvote 3

Maybe if there was a plan b section where ticking a box with a list of options come up. ( this could be discussed where maybe there's 4 or 5 options to be decided and approved.) This could be set up as a box ticking section, similar to where you allow opponents to clinch, take down or stand up etc...

And also tick for what round you want it to happen in between 1-3 or 1-5 in a title fight, this may be easier to program than having completely different slider settings for each round, and would hopefully change things up a bit, the success of this could also be connected to how intelligent your Fighter is and also to the existing SHG slider setting. what do you think??

Maybe this would be entirely too difficult to code and could make the game more difficult for new players, but it would be cool if there was a way to set up sliders that modify by round.

ie If I have a high cardio guy but need to be fairly counter heavy early due to takedowns, I could have him pick up the pace in the later rounds.

I'm not a huge forum guy so maybe this has already been discussed and thrown out, but as I was setting up some sliders, it crossed my mind

agree 100%. I suggested it years ago....but of course my Fan Club here flames everything I say and Mike seems to listen to them so hope u have luck on this GREAT idea...but Im afraid that since I have endorsed it....its a no-starter.....

• Upvote 1

Maybe if there was a plan b section where ticking a box with a list of options come up. ( this could be discussed where maybe there's 4 or 5 options to be decided and approved.) This could be set up as a box ticking section, similar to where you allow opponents to clinch, take down or stand up etc...

And also tick for what round you want it to happen in between 1-3 or 1-5 in a title fight, this may be easier to program than having completely different slider settings for each round, and would hopefully change things up a bit, the success of this could also be connected to how intelligent your Fighter is and also to the existing SHG slider setting. what do you think??

ohhhh I kinda like that idea!

I'd be okay with no sliders, just sending the fighters in at 100% SHIG (barring an intelligence overhaul) and removing sliders all together...

Before adding multiple sliders per round.

sure....that would make the game much easier for the less mentally capable AND the cheaters at the same time.