Decline / Degrade - Skill Point Cap

Rambo

use to went off age so it would change -- now days not sure if the same way or not but I think it is -- also with the injuries effecting the decline it could be faster now also -- guess that was all put into the gameplay i know it was suppose too be but i missed a lot of time there for awhile -- i think its at a big rate till it hits the mark

Not 100% sure but I think there are at least two types of decline.

I am sure that when age lowers your total skill points cap, your fighter starts losing points till he fits into the lower cap. Bad thing is that he losses points from his highest skills.

Also when your fighter is older, depop tickers trigger faster and your dude might start depopping while recovering after a fight.

Age: it seems this is more yearly as you can notice declines at birthdays then seem to stabilize assuming they aren't fighting causing injuries so this is more easily seen.

But the basic premise is your cap is lowered and they decline for a while until they reach the new cap, however if you fight and get injuries (assuming they are into injury decline) you may keep lowering your skill cap thus see constant decline..

I'd see larger declines over 2 weeks or so, from either birthdays or after fighting and getting high injuries. It's hard to say what happens for sure because usually when a fighter is capped and/or old you fight pretty often.

I do not believe it's at a set constant rate, least it's never looked that way to me.

Age degrading also seems to effect physicals more then injury degrading. I'd get more physical degrading on birthdays and loose all skills more evenly with injuries lowering the cap. I'm basing all that off what I have seen and is my opinion as I don't think mike has ever really said too much about how it all works.

When your fighter starts declining, is it a constant decline? or is there a new (lower) skill point cap and he will decline until he reaches it?

i.e. say fighter SP cap is 2700. He gets there. He starts declining. Is there a new SP Cap (let's say 2600) or is it a constant decline at X % rate ?

I like the idea of a second skill cap that you may decline to. Id be very interested to see if say someone releases a fighter as they think they're declining but then they only drop 100-200 points and someone else fights em until they're 40 odd. I think thats a good mix of real life and game combined.

Edit: maybe that could become its own hidden

Not 100% sure but I think there are at least two types of decline.

I am sure that when age lowers your total skill points cap, your fighter starts losing points till he fits into the lower cap. Bad thing is that he losses points from his highest skills.

Also when your fighter is older, depop tickers trigger faster and your dude might start depopping while recovering after a fight.

happening with my fighter now.

Age degrading also seems to effect physicals more then injury degrading. I'd get more physical degrading on birthdays and loose all skills more evenly with injuries lowering the cap. I'm basing all that off what I have seen and is my opinion as I don't think mike has ever really said too much about how it all works.

Depops are most heavily affecting the physicals more than anything which makes sense because we're talking about aging fighters and the effects injuries have taken on their bodies.

• Upvote 1