Counter grappling

joseppe

That section is basically used for when your fighter is attempting to Counter your opponent. If you have it more towards Clinch, he will attempt to Clinch up with his counter moves, and likewise, he will attempt a Takedown if you have it more towards Takedowns.

But those 2 come into play only if your fighter is set to Counter Grapple in the Counter Strike / Counter Grapple. It's all percentages so if you have your guy set to 100% Counter Grapple, then he will always attempt either a Clinch or a Takedown on his counter moves (Based on your slider there).

• Upvote 1

That section is basically used for when your fighter is attempting to Counter your opponent. If you have it more towards Clinch, he will attempt to Clinch up with his counter moves, and likewise, he will attempt a Takedown if you have it more towards Takedowns.

But those 2 come into play only if your fighter is set to Counter Grapple in the Counter Strike / Counter Grapple. It's all percentages so if you have your guy set to 100% Counter Grapple, then he will always attempt either a Clinch or a Takedown on his counter moves (Based on your slider there).

All that makes sense so thank you.

But theres already a counter clinch/takedown slider so is there a real point in the grappling one? Surely if the slider is there there should be at least alittle benefit on both sides? Meaning aggressive grappling?

All that makes sense so thank you.

But theres already a counter clinch/takedown slider so is there a real point in the grappling one? Surely if the slider is there there should be at least alittle benefit on both sides? Meaning aggressive grappling?

The Striking/Grappling one is used to differentiate if you just want to counter with strikes, or counter with a grapple attempt (Which then leads onto the Clinch/Takedown slider for you to decide how much of either you want to do).

If I have a fighter who I am actively looking to avoid going to the ground or clinching with, I'd have him set to counter with Strikes with no attempt at counter grappling at all, but if your fighter is versatile with striking as well as grappling, you could have him set to Counter w/ strikes the majority of the time, but with Grappling also included to bring it to the ground if you want to try to point score etc.

• Upvote 1

The Striking/Grappling one is used to differentiate if you just want to counter with strikes, or counter with a grapple attempt (Which then leads onto the Clinch/Takedown slider for you to decide how much of either you want to do).

If I have a fighter who I am actively looking to avoid going to the ground or clinching with, I'd have him set to counter with Strikes with no attempt at counter grappling at all, but if your fighter is versatile with striking as well as grappling, you could have him set to Counter w/ strikes the majority of the time, but with Grappling also included to bring it to the ground if you want to try to point score etc.

Good stuff & a good explanation i just took it as clinch/takedown was what it was and grappling want really needed but this makes sense so thank you