UFC 220 Miocic vs Ngannou Pick'em Thread

kenlow73

He's never beat the Champ to be the Champ, that's not a champion. To be the man, you got to beat the man. Just like McNugget isn't a true champ because he never gives anybody else a chance to beat him.

Title holder and champion are different these days.

villante/barroso was as awful as i expected. UFC should be embarrassed that it was on the main card.

Blame Barroso - Villante was throwing bombs for 15 minutes and landed a few, guys got a good chin and a horrible tactic of running away

And that was a better fight than Miocic Ngannou, Miocic literally stalled, held back and didnt really go for the finish. Can we stick that on the prelims also?

Stipe showed he is a very well-rounded fighter, it takes a lot at that weight to be that good both standup and on the ground, he totally deserves it. And I personally like DC champ or not.

No I dont blame Stipe for fighting a boring fight, that was one of the worst heavyweight fights Ive watched in a while, but Miocic had to do that to win

I dont like D.C., but I respect the way he was striking against Oezdemir for round one.

I wouldnt say D.C. is the better striker, Oezdemir was afraid of takedowns so didnt really open up, which is why often wrestlers outstrike strikers, but great fight to watch, D.C. will never beat Jon Jones - who in my opinion is the best fighter ever.

Blame Barroso - Villante was throwing bombs for 15 minutes and landed a few, guys got a good chin and a horrible tactic of running away

And that was a better fight than Miocic Ngannou, Miocic literally stalled, held back and didnt really go for the finish. Can we stick that on the prelims also?

lol no. Miocic/Nganouu are elite fighters. Barroso/Villante are the dregs of the UFC's worst division. Your comparison makes no point.

And Miocic/Nganouu was a far better fight anyway. The first round had 5x more action and tense moments then 15 minutes of the Barroso/Villante fight.

lol no. Miocic/Nganouu are elite fighters. Barroso/Villante are the dregs of the UFC's worst division. Your comparison makes no point.

And Miocic/Nganouu was a far better fight anyway. The first round had 5x more action and tense moments then 15 minutes of the Barroso/Villante fight.

Id agree the first round was great, the second round was okay, but the last 15 minutes was horrendous.

Villante was throwing from start to finish and pressing Barroso, Ive seen far worse fights, take Usman last week as an example...

thats fucking stupid. jon jones pissed hot.

Remember I’m always right, so if you think DC is a true champ, you’re wrong.

• Downvote 1

He's never beat the Champ to be the Champ, that's not a champion. To be the man, you got to beat the man. Just like McNugget isn't a true champ because he never gives anybody else a chance to beat him.

That's stupid not just because JJ pissed hot like Mannetosen said but you can't hold that standard, it's obviously nice to see that. One man beats the best in the world to become the best in the world, it's ideal but not realistic. GSP retired/left after a win so does that mean Hendricks was never champ, Robbie was never champ, and Woodley isn't the champ either. We shit on DC but that kind of thing has happened a lot. I mean shit based on your standard max holloway isn't the champ either since he never took it from Conor.

DC is the true champion and until JJ can stop taking his roids and get's back in there DC will remain the champ.

• Upvote 2

villante/barroso was as awful as i expected. UFC should be embarrassed that it was on the main card.

Villante guy is walking around with Dana in that fight series thing

so main-card fights aside .. I won't be surprised even if he gets a title shot next

that's how things work now in the UFC

• Upvote 1

They don't promote Miocic, I'm sure Dana wanted Ngannou to win.

Was disappointed that Burgos lost. Seemed like he had no regard for defense, didn't seem like he really even tried to stop the strikes or move his head much.

Yeah I saw a funny instance where Miocic was on Ngannou holding him to the cage and you could see Dana just looking away disappointed or not happy lol, but that makes this win so much sweeter for Miocic

Yeah I saw a funny instance where Miocic was on Ngannou holding him to the cage and you could see Dana just looking away disappointed or not happy lol, but that makes this win so much sweeter for Miocic

If Ngannou would of been the one in that position I think Dana would of been equally disappointed. He promoted and promised a HW slugfest.

If Miocic would of came out there and flattened Ngannou w/ an uppercut from hell like Ngannou did to Overoid, Dana would of been all giddy and smiles.

If Ngannou would of been the one in that position I think Dana would of been equally disappointed. He promoted and promised a HW slugfest.

If Miocic would of came out there and flattened Ngannou w/ an uppercut from hell like Ngannou did to Overoid, Dana would of been all giddy and smiles.

If Miocic would KO Ngannou that would for sure make a great headline but looking at a future perspective I think Dana would ratger have Ngannou as the champ. Ngannou is more promotable with his hardest punch in the world and all of his KOs than Miocic even though he also knocked out a lot of guys those KOs werent nearly as spectacular. I believe Dana wanted Ngannou to win and I think Miocic himself felt that and that was also the reason he took the belt out of Danas hands and gave it to his trainer.

Also I believe that if Ngannou was in that position that Dana wouldnt be disappointed, it would mean that he has a guy in the division that is very promotable, awesome striker (which makes him a big attraction due to all of his KOs), but also good at clinching and the ground game. I mean he would pretty much be unstoppable and one of the most if not the most promotable fighter in the UFC since Conor doesnt fight right now, pretty sure Dana would love that.