High Roller Middleweight Grand Prix - Diamond Fight Nights

Rei

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15938503234392.gif

Bombo 'De Boss' Zola

Danny Trejo? I recognize dis name... Ah yes, he is de scumbag who dies in every movie he has been in. On August de 1st nothing will change, there will be a new Danny Trejo death coming to a theater near you. His coffin is sized and ready for his glorious ceremony after I pound his ugly head into de canvas. De Boss has spoken.

• Upvote 1

Due to missing the deadline and not getting back to me - Izzy Eternity (managed by Ryan Epicity) is unfortunately being removed from the tournament. Fortunately for us, Scotty JC has stepped up as back-up (having put his name forward pages ago)

Please welcome the newest addition to the tournament- saving the day it's

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/42/42b1.jpg

As all of the fights have already been scheduled, I will simply sub him in place of Izzy, and all other matches will remain the same. Good luck to all participants!

the updated bracket is as follows:

0uhafqb.png

• Upvote 2

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15937049279264.gif

"The Astral Traveler" Mark Jovic

I hope that Sgt. Blaze is better at fighting than he is running background checks- my record is anything but clean, and I have good word that my first opponent is no saint either- that Convicted squad must have some great lawyers.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15940387643364.jpg

I was waiting for the psyche report to come through on you Jovic...

I returned to my desk and my colleagues where throwing your report back and forth between themselves. "This mother fucker been eating too much moon dust and thinks he's became part of the galaxy hahahaha".

Me, I carry myself in a more dignified manner than that but they have a point.

• Upvote 3

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15937049279264.gif

"The Astral Traveler" Mark Jovic

I hope that Sgt. Blaze is better at fighting than he is running background checks- my record is anything but clean, and I have good word that my first opponent is no saint either- that Convicted squad must have some great lawyers.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/products/13105481371%20FREE_CHRIScopy.jpg

Still Free.

#freebird

• Upvote 1

I said if I didn't get a test fight for the others then Izzy was my guy... I didn't see a PM or anything.

-checks-

Okay... You did... Not only that I apparently read it. Not sure what kind of state I was in when I read it or maybe I was at work and figured I would get it done on break but either way that's my bad, apologies for not getting back to you my guy.

post script: I know no one should have to but my mind is very scrambled at times so if you ever have trouble getting a hold of me please send at least a second message my way.

• Upvote 3

Clifford "Sgt. Johnny Blaze" Smith (365369)

Disturbing reports coming through the grapevine.

Apparently one of the entrants has recently been acquitted of murder one charges.

The witness who was due in court decided to stab themselves in the back 4 times and throw themselves off a bridge.

I'm leaning on my CI's to find out more.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Luke "The Show" Maddox (365248)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15938113005082.jpg

I stayed out way to late last night and woke up with two girls in my bed. My focus wasn't there today, I should have fought better! Props to my opponent Clifford "Sgt. Johnny Blaze" Smith (365369) for knocking some sense into me, I wasn't out, but he sure put me down! Now I'm ready to come back through the losers bracket and wreck some havoc on the tournament! But I'm still partying tonight!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/round1.jpg
The bell rings for round one and we are underway!
The bell rings for round one and we are underway!
Maddox misses with an uppercut. Smith saw that one coming.
Smith lands with a good body shot.
Maddox looks to land a left hand but Smith moved out of range nicely.
A slow jab from Smith misses its intended target.
A big right from Maddox misses.
Smith lands with an overhand left.
Smith just misses with a punch to the body.
Smith throws a sloppy body shot
and Maddox counters with a stiff right hand.
Maddox ducks under a wild hook from Smith.
Maddox throws out a loose jab but Smith uses good head movement to avoid it.
A nice side step and Smith releases a counter shot to the body, but it doesn't find it's home.
Smith's coach down at Savage Gym was telling us pre-fight that they have been working on Smith's balance. Obviously they view that as a key factor in the outcome of this fight.
Smith fakes a jab and then connects with a hook.
Maddox slips under a jab.
Maddox walks straight into a right hand from Smith - that's dropped him! Smith jumps into mount and starts pounding away - can he finish?! More strikes go undefended and the referee has to dive in to save Maddox from any more punishment! Maddox complains about the stoppage but falls over as he tries to stand back up, so it was clearly a good stoppage.

Ladies and gentlemen, after 0:43 of round 1, we have a winner by way of TKO (Punches). Clifford Smith!
After winning the bout, Clifford Smith thanked all his fans and promised he'd do even better in his next fight. The crowd seemed to love his humility.
Luke Maddox spoke after the fight, saying 'Hey ladies, the party is at my place tonight!'.

• Upvote 2

15938503234392.gif

Bombo 'De Boss' Zola

Zola lands an uppercut in the clinch that drops Trejo to his knees! Zola keeps firing more shots against his stricken opponent and the referee jumps in to save him!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 0:33 of round 2, we have a winner by way of TKO (Strikes). Bombo Zola!
A less than humble Bombo Zola misjudged his post fight interview somewhat and came across a little too arrogant whilst trying to hype up his own abilities.

Danny Trejo you absolutely suck. Again, as I said he dies - I will do de honor of a glorious funeral out of the little respect I had for that can. Who is next for de Boss?

• Upvote 6

Luke "The Show" Maddox (365248) great fight Luke - I ignored the shouts of police brutality from the crowd, I never, ever, ever, not ever display this level of violence when i'm patrolling the streets of NY.

*Glenn Rocket whispers into Clifford's ear*

Erm...Ahem - let me just be clear that the level of denial i displayed in my previous sentence does not mean I am hiding something. Bombo Zola - You're next as long as you have the right paper work to fight in this country of course - which you know i'm duty bound to check on.

• Upvote 5

Luke "The Show" Maddox (365248) great fight Luke - I ignored the shouts of police brutality from the crowd, I never, ever, ever, not ever display this level of violence when i'm patrolling the streets of NY.

*Glenn Rocket whispers into Clifford's ear*

Erm...Ahem - let me just be clear that the level of denial i displayed in my previous sentence does not mean I am hiding something. Bombo Zola - You're next as long as you have the right paper work to fight in this country of course - which you know i'm duty bound to check on.

15938503234392.gif

De Bombo

Your measurements have been taken. My bruddas will be sure to send you into de aftalife with the finest oak in Ghana lined with silky smooth linen.

De Bombo has legit papers to be in London - my cousins friends ex wife's brother sorted me out with UK passport so de bombo no need de background check. You on de otha hand are a new yorker working for the LAPD trying to do background checks in London? Don't worry everyone I will put dis man out of his misery.

• Upvote 3

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1596116726dfmg%5B.png

Well that's round one officially in the books, folks and what an opener it was! The first four fights went to the judges, but then the final eight competitors came out with something to prove - swangin' and bangin' until those fights ended by knockout. Some highlights from this opening round were 13th seeded Clifford Smith stormed through the 4th seed Luke Maddox in under a minute, in a dominant striking display. 12th seeded Bombo Zola and 5th seeded Danny Trejo let sparks fly in an exciting scrap worthy of Fight of the Night recognition - with the Ghanian moving on to the next round.

The updated bracket is as follows

iKgulMm.png

Congratulations to those that have earned their place in the Quarter-Finals, and commiserations to those less fortunate. Thank you all for taking part, and good luck with your training camps, the real fight begins now!

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

15938503234392.gif

De Bombo

Your measurements have been taken. My bruddas will be sure to send you into de aftalife with the finest oak in Ghana lined with silky smooth linen.

De Bombo has legit papers to be in London - my cousins friends ex wife's brother sorted me out with UK passport so de bombo no need de background check. You on de otha hand are a new yorker working for the LAPD trying to do background checks in London? Don't worry everyone I will put dis man out of his misery.

e5b564b6-23e0-4638-b493-d1b964ed8027-16x

As promised, de finest Ghanaian Oak and silky smooth linen for dis confused officer. Good riddance Mista Smeeth.

• Upvote 3

I recognise I have been almost completely absent for a long period of time now and feel like the least I owe you lot is an explanation as to why. I've fallen entirely out of love with the game and on top of that, I have been spending all of my free time on things concerning my life outside of it - having just founded my own business. It's stressful times and I've decided that I will be stepping away from the game almost entirely. As someone who used to love this game and would dedicated a lot of my free time to it, this decision was not made lightly - I even considered having Mike delete my account but I know I would have ended up regretting that.

I will continue to run the High Roller Grand Prix and will hand out all of the prizes as promised, so have no fear if you're still in it. All other fighters will be released asap. Although brief, thank you for taking part in DFN, hopefully I'll do something with it once again in the future when the time is right.

I will log in now and then to accept fights but apart from that I'll be inactive.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations to those that have made it thus far, the Quarter-Finals proved to be a great round with a bunch of exciting fights!

The updated bracket is as follows:

IEqnJ8S.png

• Upvote 1

I recognise I have been almost completely absent for a long period of time now and feel like the least I owe you lot is an explanation as to why. I've fallen entirely out of love with the game and on top of that, I have been spending all of my free time on things concerning my life outside of it - having just founded my own business. It's stressful times and I've decided that I will be stepping away from the game almost entirely. As someone who used to love this game and would dedicated a lot of my free time to it, this decision was not made lightly - I even considered having Mike delete my account but I know I would have ended up regretting that.
I will continue to run the High Roller Grand Prix and will hand out all of the prizes as promised, so have no fear if you're still in it. All other fighters will be released asap. Although brief, thank you for taking part in DFN, hopefully I'll do something with it once again in the future when the time is right.
I will log in now and then to accept fights but apart from that I'll be inactive.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congratulations to those that have made it thus far, the Quarter-Finals proved to be a great round with a bunch of exciting fights!
The updated bracket is as follows:
IEqnJ8S.png

Good luck Rei !

I recently started a new venture also so totally understand what you are going through, thank you and hope to see you in the future again.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...