2020 Awards - Names for committee

TJMitchell

Hey all,

This is just a thread for people who wish to put their name forward to be on the award committee this year. I am doing away with the voting system this year (nominations will still be taken from the public) due to continued cheating and multi abuse.

The number of people will be finalised after everyone who wants has put their names forward.

The committee will be chosen by Aylib, Alfred and myself, who will also be on the committee obviously.

Cheers,

• Upvote 10

I would like to be part of the committee, as I know a decent amount about all aspects of the game (fighting, companies, managers, forums,..), have been around long enough to know most people and the committee was in fact my idea.

Also, I do not hold grudges, not even against those who have a grudge against me, and I vote unbiased.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

How many people are going to be on this committee? I am up for it.

Personally, i think the committee should be pretty large, a small committee (of lets say 10-20 members) pretty much makes the awards illegitimate because they are not a community vote.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

So far we're getting 2's and 3's from the same alliance. It will likely be that not everyone from the same alliance will get in. 1-2 alliance members can get a general idea of what their alliance is thinking.

And @Mentor, what made the awards illegitimate were all the 'new' accounts appearing out of nowhere to cast a vote on something they would clearly have no idea about.

• Upvote 2

Tbh, I don't see how alliances matter, since people here are both mature and reasonable enough not to vote for someone just because the person is in their alliance.

Also, imo the committee should have a few of the absolutely top managers like AJ, Bwang, and thb; people from top org management, like Mentor and Butch; and some forum-content creators, like Bjorn and Camara (hate him or not, but arguing with Camara makes easily a quarter of all forum activity, which is a lot of entertaining content). How many people the committee has imo won't matter much, but it should ideally include people from all three named parts of the game.

And @Mentor, what made the awards illegitimate were all the 'new' accounts appearing out of nowhere to cast a vote on something they would clearly have no idea about.

Why not simply make a rule that only VIP members who have been in the game for 3+ months have a vote? This will solve the issue and no committee will be necessary. Personally, i have no issue with a committee, however #1 it is way less fun for the community, #2 it is anti-democratic and #3 there is a bigger chance of it being bias (because there is fewer people involved).

If i was to put out some names of active, unbias players who have a decent rapport in the forums, some names i would put out there are:

Whymer Van Mastodon
Marky Mark
TJMitchell
Power Shark
Billy Arseworth
Alika Webb
Pablo Spezziale
Randall McSweeny
Mike Hunt
Runt
Bjorn O'Donnel
Bwang
Action jackson
Laz Staz
Bloody Gutz
Carlos Castenada
John Coffey
Devin Skrumbellos
Frank Abbot
Bear Stevenson
Alfred Winterbottom
Note: I tried to avoid adding too many people from my own alliance or people who are known to be highly conflicting.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So the committee will decide which voters have "an idea" ?

Oh hi Grumpy :)

No. The committee will decide on who wins the award. You should read things before answering. It will stop accounts made in the last month all voting for the same person. You may not agree with that sentiment but most will ;)​ . A committee will also stop people from canvassing votes off site...

Why not simply make a rule that only VIP members who have been in the game for 3+ months have a vote? This will solve the issue and no committee will be necessary. Personally, i have no issue with a committee, however #1 it is way less fun for the community, #2 it is anti-democratic and #3 there is a bigger chance of it being bias (because there is fewer people involved).

Committee has been the general consensus for a year now. I'm pretty sure you even made a thread agreeing with the idea. This isn't a discussion thread, we had those 10 months ago, this is a put your name forward to be on the committee thread.

• Upvote 8