JMFC?

overthetop2

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the same. If every democrat votes for the democratic candidate they don't have anything to win - they're just voting for who they think should be president (I'm against the bi-party thing, anyway, because it is essentially you'll vote one way or another for the rest of your life just because you're a member of that party, which isn't what you should base your vote on) they themselves won't become president. In this situation everyone in JMFC was literally voting for themselves, because if JMFC won then they won. And I'm not just saying we should have only removed JMFC for JMFC votes, I'm saying if we also removed all votes that were essentially self-votes (Fighter's Pit for Fighter's Pit, Boondock Fight Team for Boondock Fight Team), then JMFC would have still lost - which I'm certain of. Who would have won, I don't know, but I am certain it wouldn't have been you guys.

What about the fact our 14 gyms, 8 orgs, 4 Clothing Companies, 6 Nutritional Companies and affiliates have lots of non JMFC members who I think could be persuaded to come and vote for us. There are many ways for us to send the vote in our favour. Not disagreeing with you per say, but I have already found a way around it (which I can guarantee would be contested as unfair should we win again in 2010 under that system).

A democratic vote has to be just that, 1 vote per person to do whatever you like with. If the system is changed you wont see us complaining, but dont think that would rule us out. Also I am curious as to why you dont think we are any good? :P

You are also very sure we have no friends outside of our own little bubble. I can tell you now that that isnt the case. I dont know if we would have won, and I dont think you can honestly say you do either.

ps Democrats voting for democrats have a lot to win. In fact Id go so far to say that the stakes are much higher in that instance than here. That is exactly how most people vote as well, they tow the party line in most cases.

i'm pretty sure you should say JMFC a few more times. LOLZ :smile_anim:

I think form now on we should not use JMFC and say Jungle Movement Fight Club every time. I mean shortening it may be why people have to make so many threads about us.

As for the subforum, when my modship goes through we shall see what happens.

Won the Alliance of the Year award.

Of course someone in an alliance likes their alliance better than the others, but just because all of you guys think you're in the best alliance does not mean that you actually are the best alliance. I can believe I'm the best manager in the game, but that doesn't make it true, and the only thing stopping me from stacking a poll in my favor is there is one of me, not seventy (or fifty).

EDIT: It's not that I don't think you guys are any good, but you're constant planning to "send the vote in our favour" makes it seem like you aren't. Really, why not just let everyone who wants to vote, instead of sending people in to vote for you? That's what started this in the first place - you guys not wanting to rely on actually getting votes, you had to scrounge them up.

And I do know you wouldn't have won, because I know a majority if not nearly all of your votes were from JMFC members. If my memory is correct, I even remember people in JMFC stating the exact same thing.

Democrats don't have anything to win, really, if a democratic president wins. Everyone wins if the best candidate is elected, and everyone loses if the best candidate isn't. You might not agree, but like I said, not a big fan of the bi-partisan thing because it creates too much of a "go democrat/republican" attitude instead of a "go America" attitude.

Of course someone in an alliance likes their alliance better than the others, but just because all of you guys think you're in the best alliance does not mean that you actually are the best alliance. I can believe I'm the best manager in the game, but that doesn't make it true, and the only thing stopping me from stacking a poll in my favor is there is one of me, not seventy (or fifty).

Okay, let me rephrase that.

In the comparison, winning the presidency nets significant control over a country.

Winning the alliance of the year award nets... what? Clearly not even recognition.

Also, all right, fine. Let's presume that voting isn't a valid way to determine best alliance.

Suggest a new way.

Is it number of wins?

Is it who has the most impact?

Is it wins to loss ratio?

Is it who's got the prettiest managers? (Definitely us, by the way)

EDIT: It's not that I don't think you guys are any good, but you're constant planning to "send the vote in our favour" makes it seem like you aren't. Really, why not just let everyone who wants to vote, instead of sending people in to vote for you? That's what started this in the first place - you guys not wanting to rely on actually getting votes, you had to scrounge them up.

And I do know you wouldn't have won, because I know a majority if not nearly all of your votes were from JMFC members. If my memory is correct, I even remember people in JMFC stating the exact same thing.

Democrats don't have anything to win, really, if a democratic president wins. Everyone wins if the best candidate is elected, and everyone loses if the best candidate isn't. You might not agree, but like I said, not a big fan of the bi-partisan thing because it creates too much of a "go democrat/republican" attitude instead of a "go America" attitude.

My suggestion about sending the vote in our favour is more what people like yourself would use as an excuse as to why we won (again). My ego is not large enough to say we are definitely the best alliance, but personally we are one of the best out there in terms of numbers, talent and businesses. I offered you to talk to me about it and why I think that. You didnt want to right now, thats ok. But do you really think I would have bothered if I didnt think I could justify my position? Really 'best' can be described many ways and thats where disagreements creep in.

Last derail on this but the democrat voting thing really is way off base. If you dont think having your party having the go to guy in the USA , the top dog, as a good thing I dont know what to say. You are right about the two party system being shit, but for the winners there is a very real incentive (hence why millions are poured into making sure your party is the one that does win). Basically your view on it is not the one the parties have. Otherwise not even half of the effort would go into elections that does.

I'm not the one who brought up the presidential election comparison, I just used it as well. The point is that everyone in the alliance shares in the winning of the award; it's not you voting for someone you like or are close to, it's you voting for yourself.

My only suggestion is to have Mike decide. He's unbiased and he's someone we can all trust (after all, we have enough trust in him to play a game he coded and expect not to get screwed). As for your suggestions:

Winning doesn't make you the best, nor does a win-loss ratio. Competition level would have to be a factor, among other things, and with all those other factors it won't be as clear cut.

Most impact is a very biased thing. Clearly JMFC has a large impact in Rio, but in the overall community you don't really do much, and honestly, what is there for an alliance to do, anyway? It would be more about the things the individual members do, and there can be a complete jackass who doesn't help anyone but himself and a saint who gives out sponsorships and free merchandise in the same alliance.

EDIT: Way too much posting going on while I'm posting. Would catch up, but I'm getting off for now.

Most impact is a very biased thing. Clearly JMFC has a large impact in Rio, but in the overall community you don't really do much, and honestly, what is there for an alliance to do, anyway? It would be more about the things the individual members do, and there can be a complete jackass who doesn't help anyone but himself and a saint who gives out sponsorships and free merchandise in the same alliance.

Now you are moving the goalposts and actually just spouting rhetoric with no solid base. If you wanna just say you dont rate us, finish on that and Ill let it go. I dont mind either way. Stop arguing from ignorance if you want to have a discussion though. You had a chance to actually ask me about JMFC privately and you didnt want to. I think that says it all.

My only suggestion is to have Mike decide.

And what did Mike decide on? A popularity contest, wherein all votes count as equal. Regardless of affiliation or any of that. If JMFC people didn't like their alliance they wouldn't have voted for it. Even though they do I'm sure some still voted for other alliances. They're a spiteful lot. But the point being just because they're in something doesn't change that they also like it, and in a populist situation their vote counts just as much.

Which, in fact, ties back in nicely to the presidential campaign because it is the same situation sans what's actually at stake. Just because they clearly prefer something else doesn't change that their vote is just as important in a popular vote as anyone else's.

And now you're getting it. In all honesty the "best" cannot be quantified. Best in categories can be vaguely quantified, but still aren't perfect. Some one pointed out there's a tiny tiny tiny alliance but its W/L ratio is big.

As for "sharing in winning of the award" you're still missing something. What did we win? There's not a trophy (Well, maybe the manager got a trophy or something). Recognition? Newbies freak out over the [JMFC] tag. E-Honor?

And what did Mike decide on? A popularity contest, wherein all votes count as equal. Regardless of affiliation or any of that. If JMFC people didn't like their alliance they wouldn't have voted for it. Even though they do I'm sure some still voted for other alliances. They're a spiteful lot. But the point being just because they're in something doesn't change that they also like it, and in a populist situation their vote counts just as much.

Which, in fact, ties back in nicely to the presidential campaign because it is the same situation sans what's actually at stake. Just because they clearly prefer something else doesn't change that their vote is just as important in a popular vote as anyone else's.

And now you're getting it. In all honesty the "best" cannot be quantified. Best in categories can be vaguely quantified, but still aren't perfect. Some one pointed out there's a tiny tiny tiny alliance but its W/L ratio is big.

As for "sharing in winning of the award" you're still missing something. What did we win? There's not a trophy (Well, maybe the manager got a trophy or something). Recognition? Newbies freak out over the [JMFC] tag. E-Honor?

Actually Mike PMed Charlie and we got 12 months VIP for the alliance. He spread it 1 month to 12 managers, a different 12 will get it next year. Thats why we wanna win again . Probably shouldnt have said that...

that was me...about "convicted inc." - 3 members, 2 of which, at one point, were #1 and #2 managers in the game...that's heavy right there...avon barksdale and chris karter.

there's also a 1 man alliance...not sure how the hell that works out but it's do-able i guess lol.

i lolled at e-honor!

Actually Mike PMed Charlie and we got 12 months VIP for the alliance. He spread it 1 month to 12 managers, a different 12 will get it next year. Thats why we wanna win again . Probably shouldnt have said that...

why NOT say that? i always thought y'all should beat your chests a bit more. :) in fact, that was my main beef with you guys in the first place...too many playing the victim role...don't like that. then you guys started stompin' thru that AotY thread and THAT'S when it got interesting!

i lolled at e-honor!

Never insult my e-honour good sir!

why NOT say that? i always thought y'all should beat your chests a bit more. :) in fact, that was my main beef with you guys in the first place...too many playing the victim role...don't like that. then you guys started stompin' thru that AotY thread and THAT'S when it got interesting!

I do actually remember your post about that as well J.

As for me personally, I like to flip flop between the two.

Of which i'm sorry to say, you have very little of.

You and Everlast, among others, love to end sentences on prepositions. I would posit that your inability to correctly use your native language indicates a deeper inability to articulate your thoughts and feelings. Perhaps the fact that you cannot clearly state how you feel, even to yourself, is the detriment that has prevented you from rallying the clearly suppressed masses to your cause.

This discussion has been far removed from the initial point: World of Warcraft.

People need to be aware of how well we raid, and more importantly, how great I am as guild main tank.

~Farts McGee~

Lv 70 Elf