JMFC?

overthetop2

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the biggest alliance in the game and The Fighters Pit are all butthurt over how they "stole" the Alliance of the year award vote through strength in numbers.

Not to start this argument again as I thought the initial was dumb enough, but isn't it funny how this is the fourth thread asking what JFMC is?

Not to start this argument again as I thought the initial was dumb enough, but isn't it funny how this is the fourth thread asking what JFMC is?

They probably opened up the Rio highstreet then commenced panicking.

"Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,

and we will fuck them up!

One of the greatest on-line guilds ever to grace WoW, [JMFC] recently turned its attention from battling beast and destroying demons to a grander spectacle, namely that of Mixed Martial Arts. Swiftly overcoming a lack of experience in fighting without swords or armour, the brave members of [JMFC] took to MMA like GSP to baby oil. [JMFC] owned businesses were tagged as such after a certain other alliance (who shall not be named nor mocked further, as the code of [JMFC] forbids the kicking of downed losers) started bitching about [JMFC] being to insignificant and unimportant to win the alliance of the year awards.

[JMFC] is the current MMA Tycoon Alliance of the Year.

One of the greatest on-line guilds ever to grace WoW, [JMFC] recently turned its attention from battling beast and destroying demons to a grander spectacle, namely that of Mixed Martial Arts. Swiftly overcoming a lack of experience in fighting without swords or armour, the brave members of [JMFC] took to MMA like GSP to baby oil. [JMFC] owned businesses were tagged as such after a certain other alliance (who shall not be named nor mocked further, as the code of [JMFC] forbids the kicking of downed losers) started bitching about [JMFC] being to insignificant and unimportant to win the alliance of the year awards.

It was better when clearing straight to Ragnaros in a night was mandatory.

I don't think Alliance of the Year should be voted on next year. In every other vote numbers didn't matter, because it was one person up for the award, and I honestly don't think strength in numbers should be the deciding factor for a "best of" award, because then you're not the best, you're just the largest. If anything Mike should just choose, or we should just stop with the award, otherwise we're going to have JMFC win year after year because they will continue to vote for themselves.

I don't think...

I dont think you resist bringing this up in every thread, even if you tried :)

Fyi I will use this thread to let everyone know that JMFC vs TFP is on. The full details will be out shortly.

As for who are JMFC? Nobodies, you can safely ignore them.

In the mean time:

Jaded

Men

Forget

Civility

Edit: ps HumanGoing won the last threads that popped up (and got 10k from me). Grats... special mention to GimpyJoe who reminded me in this thread and was very close to wining himself :)

I don't think Alliance of the Year should be voted on next year. In every other vote numbers didn't matter, because it was one person up for the award, and I honestly don't think strength in numbers should be the deciding factor for a "best of" award, because then you're not the best, you're just the largest. If anything Mike should just choose, or we should just stop with the award, otherwise we're going to have JMFC win year after year because they will continue to vote for themselves.

There's a whole year to the best of 2010 awards. I don't know why you'd assume JMFC is gonna be the alliance with the most numbers forever and ever. And even if they do keep their edge in numbers, there's a whole year for all the other alliances to show to the general tycoon public how great they are so that other people will care enough to vote.

I haven't brought it up in every thread, just every thread about JMFC. ;)

And why would I even want to try to resist expressing my opinion?

I had a reply for you but I think Backelie said it best.

Woohoo!! I won 10K!

Thanks macleana!

No problem dude use it well. The JMFC dubs you Best poster of 2010. No one bother disputing this or we will use our vastly superior numbers to beat you back down into your proper places! :blackbelt:

Jungle Movement Fight Club ( 77 )

Spartan Fight Team ( 28 )

True North Strong and Free ( 24 )

Punishment Inc ( 21 )

Vegas Top Team ( 18 )

Boondock Fight Team ( 17 )

ANZAC Alliance ( 16 )

GRABTHE.INFO ( 15 )

Cobra Kai ( 15 )

Tycoon Alliance ( 13 )

That's why I assume they'll be the alliance with the most numbers forever and ever. The difference between them and the next highest is 49 - and that difference is larger than any other alliance as well. And considering their origins (I don't know how much of the WOW stuff is believable, but they are at least organized - Something Awful MMATycoon Thead which even includes a link to this thread) I don't see them breaking up or losing interest.

As for the whole year to show the general public how great they are, a great majority of the general public didn't show up this year, and I doubt it'll be any different next year. The voting threads have all been either deleted or hidden away, but I'm sure you also remember the fact that very few people voted when compared to the game population, despite the fact that everyone was informed of and encouraged to take part in the voting.

Every other poll was won by someone who had the support of the community, while the Alliance of the Year poll was won by a group who supported themselves. If you took away every self-vote from that poll JMFC would have had about five votes, if not less.

Do I think it was bullshit that they won? Yeah. But it's over, and they're Alliance of the Year 2009. Not a big deal. But I don't think we should just ignore the problems of last years voting just because the next time we'll have to deal with it is so far away.

That's why I assume they'll be the alliance with the most numbers forever and ever. The difference between them and the next highest is 49 - and that difference is larger than any other alliance as well. And considering their origins (I don't know how much of the WOW stuff is believable, but they are at least organized - Something Awful MMATycoon Thead which even includes a link to this thread) I don't see them breaking up or losing interest.

Everlast -

You weren't supposed to tell them we knew where they were really from! :OMG:

Its much funnier referring to them as a WOW Alliance, and making them think that's what we actually thought! :P

My bad Matty. Didn't mean to ruin the fun for everyone, lol.

whyidie, who knows if any other alliance isn't that coordinated? And it's not like they've shown anyone their coordinating, so no one voted for them based on that.

My bad Matty. Didn't mean to ruin the fun for everyone, lol.

whyidie, who knows if any other alliance isn't that coordinated? And it's not like they've shown anyone their coordinating, so no one voted for them based on that.

They're coordinated enough to get 70+ members and have them vote. If the other alliances took the award as seriously maybe they'll recruit more people. Or maybe there will be a JMFC backlash. Don't know, just seems a little early to call the whole thing off.

As for the whole year to show the general public how great they are, a great majority of the general public didn't show up this year, and I doubt it'll be any different next year. The voting threads have all been either deleted or hidden away, but I'm sure you also remember the fact that very few people voted when compared to the game population, despite the fact that everyone was informed of and encouraged to take part in the voting.

Every other poll was won by someone who had the support of the community, while the Alliance of the Year poll was won by a group who supported themselves. If you took away every self-vote from that poll JMFC would have had about five votes, if not less.

Do I think it was bullshit that they won? Yeah. But it's over, and they're Alliance of the Year 2009. Not a big deal. But I don't think we should just ignore the problems of last years voting just because the next time we'll have to deal with it is so far away.

democracy blows!

Everlast -

You weren't supposed to tell them we knew where they were really from! :OMG:

Its much funnier referring to them as a WOW Alliance, and making them think that's what we actually thought! :P

We knew you knew, its even posted in the thread you linked ;)

Someone here posted we were a WoW alliance before we said anything about it, and probably before you actually did know where we were from, we quite liked the idea so we rolled with it :shrug: You know what they say, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

whyidie: Thanks for trying to be a voice of reason. You arent the only person who sees us as a fun non threatening alliance by the way. But if certain people wanna use us as the bad guys they can, we dont mind. Some people take the internet very seriously, our group is not one of them.

JMFC is the largest alliance because the other top alliances aren't recruiting a broad base of new players. There's plenty of time for that to change.

Also we recruit people no matter what their records are. This cannot be said about other (top) alliances Id wager. To some the only important stat is world rankings. We make our own champions, not just invite them in :)

So what you're trying to say is that if an alliance wants Alliance of the Year award they have to have upwards of seventy people so they can compete with JMFC voting for themselves? That's bullshit. An alliance shouldn't win Alliance of the Year just because they have the most members, all of which are willing to vote for themselves to win an award. Having a lot of members doesn't make you the best alliance.

Get over yourself. You're just talking shit to make people feel sympathy for you - "No one likes me, they like I'm a bad person and I don't know why." No one is making you out to be bad guys - just jackasses. If you want to go ahead and accept everyone and anyone, good. But why should you win Alliance of the Year solely because you all voted for your own alliance? If you can't see why that's a bullshit reason to win something you're really just an idiot.

And stop with the taking the internet seriously shit. I don't take the internet seriously. I don't pay attention to the stupid memes and all the countless idiotic videos, and when people try to get me into that shit I refuse. I really just don't care. What I do take seriously is the community here, because I like this game and a majority of the people I've come into contact because of it, and as a byproduct I care about who wins the year end awards. Why shouldn't I? Just because most of the people here are from different countries doesn't make them any less of a person, or any less deserving of an award. Does that award mean a lot? No, but nothing has meaning unless you give it meaning, and to me the awards do mean at least something.

And you're the one who tried to win Alliance of the Year by getting everyone in your alliance to vote for it, didn't you? And you have an 85 page thread on a different forum based around this game. Really shows how much you don't care about the internet.

So what you're trying to say is that if an alliance wants Alliance of the Year award they have to have upwards of seventy people so they can compete with JMFC voting for themselves?

There are other ways I'm sure. Maybe re-branding all alliance owned businesses and fighters so people know they exist. Every time I hit high street in Rio I see nothing but JMFC. Not a bad idea. Maybe being the alliance equivalent of Good Samaritans ? I really don't know, but I'm sure if those who were interested put the time into it they'll come up with creative ways of overcoming the member difference. Those who care will come up with ways of combating JMFC. All I'm saying is give them a chance to at least try before making any changes.