Absolute Grappling Federation

NorthernNinjas

AGF-Logo-header.png

Absolute Grappling Federation

The Absolute Grappling Federation is a renegade openweight/open ID grappling tournament which will take place during MMA events. The purpose is to find another avenue for open ID grapplers to compete while waiting for TWGC slots, as well as fighters looking for another avenue between MMA fights.

All matches will be hosted by UGD in London, who have dedicated their 265+ division for the foreseeable future. There will be no signing bonuses as competitors are free to come and go, so contracts will be negotiated often, unless the fighter doesnt have other current commitments. Contracts will also be 1/1/1 as all prize money is held until the end, to encourage participation until the end. There will be one tournament per season and points will carry over into further seasons as rankings points. Every fighter will get a share of the purse, as well as future ranking points. Purses will fluctuate depending on sponsors and how many people are interested.

The tournament layout will open with a group round, probably 2 groups of 4 for the first season. Grapplers will face each person in their group, competing a minimum of once per month over the next few months (a max of 3). The top 2 competitors in each group will faceoff in the final 4, which will be completed over the course of the next month. I still have yet to set a final points system, but the winner will hold the belt until the champion emerges, and I will also give out a trophy to give a lasting impression.

I have one available competitor, but I will only use him if we're struggling to find 8 reliable managers to participate. No offence to anyone not selected, but I'm going to have to be really picky on who competes. If you have a history of coming in and out of the game or forgetting your sliders, I might have to choose someone else, even if I like you.

Pros

- League-style grappling fun

- Exclusivity in terms of managers, which should ensure participation

- Trophies

- Writeups

Cons

- We must have trusted, reliable, longtime managers

- Fights will be contested as MMA fights in hype, record and rank in terms of MMA Tycoon metrics

- Matches will be judged by idiotic MMA judges (so finishes are encouraged)

If you're looking to participate, I encourage you to message me. I can't just take the first 8 people, sorry.

Let's build some legends

• Upvote 2

Alright, I'm getting the wheels in motion today. I may have one, at the most, two slots left.

I have a few extra guys waiting, but I'd prefer to save lower weight/lesser ID guys for future tournaments, and keep one fighter per manager per tourney. That being said, I may use them if we dont get the last slots filled.

I'm going to start sending contracts out and responding to messages I've missed.

Writeups and fights will both start happening in October

Here's who I have so far, so let me know if I missed you:

1. "The Iceman" Richard Kuklinski (185422)

2. Longfellow Deeds (225845)

3."Ice Cold" Pablo Dominguez (275403)

4. Hanzo Hasashi

5. Bradley Burns TBA

6. Georgy Fokin (206096)

7. Sharky Shark (230713)*** Pending contract negotiations

Alternates/future managers:

- jsdaugh TBA

- Joe Lang TBA

- Sliced Bread TBA

- John Gites

- Michael Blake

I was holding off managers having more than one competitor in a tourney, but I may pick one if no one takes the last spot soon.

Also, I may have some good news about the first or a future event. Would everyone be ok if a round of fights were on a grappling trial card? Mike might be looking to test that soon ....

Alright, I really want to get this thing going, so this is last call before I start letting managers have more than one competitor per tournament.

Still waiting to hear back from BradleyBurns.

Not sure if I want to wait for SharkyShark to get released, as I will have to rely on another org owner.

That leaves 3 open slots