EMPIRE MMA

netghost

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15865762622692.png

"WTF did my opponent just decline a decent fair fight against me?

Me and my team have been working hard with EMPIRE trying to keep active, but damn... All aboard the pussy wagon"

• Upvote 5

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15865762622692.png

"It was unfair he asked me to check his oil. I mean, its not the 60's anymore, we dont wrestle like that. When I declined that offer what happened? BAM, fight is off. Suspicious. Highly suspicious"

Z.png
Oil Check. Thats a no-no, my mate. No can do.

EMPIRE MMA:THE PLAN AHEAD PLUS THE RULES AND REGULATIONS THAT NEEDS TO BE FOLLOWED:-

Now, I know there had been a lot of confusion surrounding what are the next steps that the Empire MMA management gonna take, especially after a so-called rushed move to 358k (as said by the community). And therefore, we are going to be providing you guys a sneak peak into the minds of the Empire management, so that you all get a better idea of what to expect in this organisation..

Now these are all the things which were mentioned in another thread but I am reiterating everything again, so that I don't miss anything that I want you guys to know..

1) Empire MMA has indeed moved to 358k id range, yes, but that does not mean, we will be signing new 358k fighters and put them in a fight against a say,360-365k fighter.

2) We are going to be signing a lot of new talents at 358k, but, they will not be given a fight in one of our events straight away whatsoever. And that's cause we want everything to be fair around here, so as I said before,

Only after we have signed at least 40-50 358k fighters, will we be making fights which involves the 358k guys. Until then, they will train to improve their skills, along with fight in QFC matches, to check their progress.

3) Now then, this is a new thing that has suddenly popped up in the organizaton, which is rejection of fight offers. Well,just so you guys know, the Matchmakers here at Empire MMA, look at every aspect of that matchup before sending a fight offer (i.e. The difference in age, The skills, The rankings and The id) and therefore, when we get to see some messages like it was an unfair fight offer, we get a massive headache (as for example,the other fighter is a purple belt and has 14 wrestling and your fighter is blue belt and has 12-13 wrestling, and all other aspects mentioned above like age, id etc are fine, but you still consider that unfair). Therefore, we would request you guys to please look at all the aspects of the matchup and only then, decline the fight offer and come to us (i am not saying that we won't change the matchup if you request for it,at all), but the thing is, we can't be matching everything (it's like in real life, when you make your debut as a guy with tremendous skills and fight against a journeyman, you dominate them as it is a fair matchup for you, but then again, you can't ask for that exact type of a matchup in a title eliminator, can you? So that's why, there will be the slightest of differences in matchups, but we won't be giving you guys fight offers involving say a BJJ blue belt with decent boxing vs BJJ brown belt with no boxing, hence don't worry bout that ever happening, cause I assure You, that it won't happen.)

4) Champions cannot decline title fights or they will be stripped off their title immediately. And any inactivity for 15 or more days will mean that your fighters will get released (without explanation).

-How does the callouts and the rankings system work:-

1) Rankings are based on performances, results and fighters records (in and out of the organisation), it was made after thorough analysis of the respective divisions, but if someone has a problem with it, then feel free to pm me.

2) For fighter callouts, there are going to be some specific rules that you all will need to follow...

a) Unranked fighters can't call out a top #5 or higher ranked fighter.

B) If you fail to win a match where you have call out your opponent, then you won't be allowed to call another fighter out for a month.

c) If you lose a match to a fighter ranked below you, then you lose a spot, and the fighter who won the fight, will replace you in the rank which you just vacated.

d) Rankings will be updated every week.

e) Nobody can call out the top 3 fighters in their respective division, cause only we can decide what to do with them.

So that's all for now, if any of you have a question then feel free to pm me, and I will hopefully give you the answer that you are looking for.

Matty (VP of Empire MMA)

Our Journalists have been sent to interview two very special and unique fighters in the Empire MMA roster, so guys, stay tuned! If you want to see some exciting stories which might come out of those interviews.

The full interview will be hopefully posted before the GP Round 2 (The super 8)..

And,after successful negotiations, we are now one step closer to announcing our new PR manager, pending approval from the other members responsible for managing this great organisation.

DUDE MCWRESTLER AND MYKE BONNER INTERVIEW WITH FRANKIE SABATINI

(A middle-aged man with slick black hair, a pinstriped suit, and a massive balthus-knotted purple tie stares into the camera with a remarkably serious expression.)

Frank: This is Frankie Sabatini, and I am thrilled to join the Empire MMA team. You may know me from my previous work on the game show The Price is Fairly Accurate, and of course the blockbuster Cinemax special Back Seat Tenderness. I am coming to you live with two of Empire’s most colorful personalities, the “All-Stiff” one, Myke Bonner, and “El Duderino” himself, Dude McWrestler. They join us live, together. You’re going to have to share that mic, gentlemen. It's ok, you can get closer. Therrrre you go. Thank you for joining us. Let me start by asking you what was the reason you joined Empire MMA?

McWrestler: I came from a very strong wrestling background in Pakista, Gujranwala. You might have heard of it, it is called "The City of Wrestlers". Problem is I knew there lots of Olympic medal wrestlers that ended up old miserable geezers, very poor, cleaning wrestling gym's toilets. You know how a toilet look like after 30 wrestlers? I don't want that to my life. That's not retirement I want. So I came to United States to train with an old acquaintance from ADCC - Zé Jiurgite, from team Lobster. I left it all in the hands of my manager, Dr Zoidberg. He scouted some organizations and told me this was the best chance for me to grow in the sport.

Bonner: I'm a kickbox fighter, heh mate. Same as Dude here, team Lobster eventually reached out to me and asked for a Muay Thai sparring partner, and that's I ended up here. I was fighting under Raven KT, but a big tournament started at EMPIRE and I just thought "Well, fuck it I'm money."

Frank: What are your first impressions of this organization? I mean, what do you think about the level of competition here? Is it good enough for you guys to improve?

McWrestler: It's high level, for sure. I mean, what else could I say, I'm 1-2. When I first got here, I thought I would take everybody down, input my game, dominate... Reality is I got knocked out at my debut and caught in a very lucky armbar second fight. What this sport demands of your body is so different, its a different kind of strength, so I was not used to it. But we are adjusting, I’m training, I’m getting better, faster, stronger, starting to enjoy striking... I'm still going to give you guys a show and show what I can do. I even started to get some fights declined by my opponents!

Bonner: The production is clean, professional, the ring girls... Ough. But, fuck me mate, I hate grappling. I just want to get done with this and go back to knocking people out. It's like I'm a midget at a urinal here, I’m always at my toes. When I'm at the ring, I'm like a duck at a lake, it feels natural.

Frank: The ring girls, whoa buddy, I gotta tell you, when I take one look at them I can’t help but think that, you know, they are second only to, uh, my professionalism, and things of that nature. Um, anyway, what are your thoughts on the new rankings that have come out, Mr. McWrestler? And how will the transition to 358k affect both of you? Is it gonna be OK? Or are you both considering your futures?

Bonner: This bloke talks too much— I'm gonna answer first! Piss off, you doofer!

(shoves McWrestler’s shoulder, sending him slowly rolling out of the frame, staring at the camera)

Well, I am on a tourney right now, so I will just keep following my brackets, so I don't think newcomers will affect me very much. Either way, my hands is the dog's bollocks, so I don't care if people are young or old, I just want to punch'em.

McWrestler: (slowly rolling back into the frame): I have a hard time understanding this drunk Irish. I think you should add subtitles to this interview, you know, for English readers. Well, I was expecting to be better ranked when I showed up, but I can't complain right? I failed to perform and that's it. I'm glad EMPIRE's scout still quoted me as a "To watch" prospect and I'm doing my best to make him feel like he did the right choice there. I think I have a good path for me to get up to the top 5. After that, competition gets really tough, so much talented guys! And if getting more experienced fighters will prevent your matchmakers having to deal with duckers and put me to fight, I think that’s only for the best. I’m here to give good fights, not to cherry pick.

Frank: Folks, ya gotta love that attitude from El Duderino. Myke, your start to the tourney was, well, let's just say less than impressive, so what have you changed from that fight that might make you win this fight in the losers’ bracket tomorrow?

Bonner: I won't drink a bottle of scotch the night before the fight. It just gets you sapped the next morning. I felt like shit there. This fight tomorrow is against a grappler, so I don't know if I will be able to show of my striking skill as I wanted to, but if I win and keep going in this tournament, you will see a lot of highlight KOs. Also, Zé Jiurgite has been teaching me some BJJ, I am not good at the ground game, but the guy is a corker, he is teaching me how to defend myself so I don't get killed there.

Frank: It might depend on the brand of Scotch a bit, you know? Now, keeping aside your lives as an MMA fighter, how is life going outside the cage for both of you?

McWrestler: I’m very disciplined. I live in the gym, for the gym. I co-op with Enamorado Bandito, Ciro Bottini and our newcomer Macaco Cidadao. These South Smericans are very funny and helps me get some fresh air in between training, but damn they leave the house a mess! I think we do good together because we are all foreigners here, with a very big cultural barrier. But my main focus here is just training. If I’m losing, I ain't earned the benefit of thinking about outside the cage.

Bonner: I love America. Everything in Europe is old and smells like mold. Everything here is new and big and fresh. Women, drink, money. This IS the land of opportunity!

Frank: It certainly is. Wait until you line up your first yacht trip in Miami with the models and the bottles, we’re talking big piles of high-grade Columb—

*screen jumps, flickers*

Frank (looking stoically at the camera): Gentlemen, it was truly a pleasure doing these interviews. I’ve got to say, Myke, you’ve got to give me lessons on my speaking. Very well-spoken fellow here, folks. Before we finish, have you got any final messages for your competitors in the organization, or the organization owners?

Bonner: Dá fhada an lá tagann an tráthnóna.

Frank: (Looks absolutely bewildered.)

McWrestler: I am very thankful for this opportunity, I hope the fans enjoy and stay tuned. And also, make sure you do buy your supplements from Dr. Zoidberg's Office. If you want to be as healthy and strong as we are, that's the way to do it. Great quality and affordable prices. They made me say this.

Frank: Watch it, bud. I just got this job. Don’t do it better than me, alright? (chuckles awkwardly)

Thanks again to Myke Bonner and Duderino McWrestler for joining us. Best of luck on what we here at Empire MMA certainly hope will be long and entertaining careers for both of you!

• Upvote 5

Word of caution for all managers:-

Today,we have released about 15 inactive fighters/fighters who are not really made for the tough competition at Empire MMA, thus kickstarting our revolution and transition into the 358k id range. As mentioned before, since we are now slowly but surely starting to find a few new fighters capable of competing at 358k, so we will be releasing the ones who in all honesty does not deserve to stay on the roster at Empire MMA.

But, the main reason of me writing this message, was because in the past couple of weeks, there has been a lot of managers going inactive at Empire MMA, due to which, we have been unable to fill up our events at the time we had in mind, and the other manager, who did accept the fight offer on time also has to face an anxious wait to see if the fight will get changed or not. And therefore, to make sure we don't have any inactivity from now onwards, any fighter who will be going inactive for even a second more than 15 whole days, will be released from their contract immediately without any second thoughts.

Matty (VP of Empire MMA)

• Upvote 2

Our new head of PR department

Mr Bill Marax https://www.mmatycoon.com/managerprofilemanager.php?MgrID=134636

After a few days of teasing you guys about the imminent announcement of an addition to our staff,well, here he is!

And therefore,join me in welcoming Mr Marax to our organizaton, but first of all, to this fantastic game.

Now, you guys might not have seen a lot of the writeups that Mr Marax has done in some other places (away from this particular game), but I have... lucky me eh? Anyways, back to the topic... well, tell you what, those writeups that I have seen were absolutely top class! And that,was pretty evident in his first real work for Empire MMA to be honest... so guys, believe me when I say this (and mark my words), we at Empire MMA,are gonna produce some of the best writeups in the game guaranteed, with the help of some of the best writers in the business (I am also including our other writer here).

And so with that, I hope you guys will enjoy some absolutely brilliant writeups in the future, and keep on helping us become one of the best organisations around (in and around our Id range).

**Edit:-

He has not yet been offered a contract by our owner, as our owner has been having a few hectic days,away from the game, but, he has agreed a deal in principle with us, so he will join our staff once he gets the contract offered to him.

He is here on a non-exclusive contract, but he will give first priority to us, and Mr Marax is not on the poaching market guys, so don't try any moves on him. He can do a one off writeup outside of our organizaton, but not full time.

Matty (VP of Empire MMA)

Thank you, Matty. I look forward to writing more about all the great fights and interesting fighters here at Empire! Don't forget to tune in to our Mid-Week Roundup show, one of Marax PR's original additions to the Empire MMA media lineup.

Bill Marax

Our new head of PR department

Mr Bill Marax https://www.mmatycoon.com/managerprofilemanager.php?MgrID=134636
After a few days of teasing you guys about the imminent announcement of an addition to our staff,well, here he is!
And therefore,join me in welcoming Mr Marax to our organizaton, but first of all, to this fantastic game.
Now, you guys might not have seen a lot of the writeups that Mr Marax has done in some other places (away from this particular game), but I have... lucky me eh? Anyways, back to the topic... well, tell you what, those writeups that I have seen were absolutely top class! And that,was pretty evident in his first real work for Empire MMA to be honest... so guys, believe me when I say this (and mark my words), we at Empire MMA,are gonna produce some of the best writeups in the game guaranteed, with the help of some of the best writers in the business (I am also including our other writer here).
And so with that, I hope you guys will enjoy some absolutely brilliant writeups in the future, and keep on helping us become one of the best organisations around (in and around our Id range).

**Edit:-

He has not yet been offered a contract by our owner, as our owner has been having a few hectic days,away from the game, but, he has agreed a deal in principle with us, so he will join our staff once he gets the contract offered to him.
He is here on a non-exclusive contract, but he will give first priority to us, and Mr Marax is not on the poaching market guys, so don't try any moves on him. He can do a one off writeup outside of our organizaton, but not full time.

Matty (VP of Empire MMA)

• Upvote 2

Mid-Week Roundup, Week of 7/23/2020

(A short woman with a microphone and smooth platinum skin stands next to Matty Fernandez.)

Elena: Good afternoon everyone, and thank you for joining us for the Empire MMA Mid-Week Round up the week of July 20th. I am Elena Marquez, and I am standing here with the Empire MMA Vice President, none other than Mr. Matty Fernandez. Matty, Empire MMA made headlines when it moved to 358+. How did you go about making this decision?

Matty: The move to 358k was a very consistent topic of discussion between all of the 3 staff members at Empire MMA, for a rather long time now. We were doing pretty well with our event ratings for the past few weeks, consistently improving with every event, and our financial part of the organization also looked pretty good, and therefore, we thought “hey, look, we are pretty much bossing the rankings among 360k organizations.” So, as it is our dream to become an unrestricted organization, why not make the next step in our revolution and progression towards our dream? Hence with that came our move to 358k.

Elena: The Empire 145-pound Grand Prix just concluded its quarterfinals, and the field is now narrowed down to four fighters. What can we expect to see on August 1st?

Matty: Well, who doesn't want to start their month off with a bang?!! Definitely not me, and therefore, on August 1st... what can you expect to see you ask right? Well, a one word answer to that will be fireworks! But a more appropriate answer to that will be that you will get to see the two favourites, the two most feared fighters in the tournament, square off against each other, to determine the first finalist of the tournament. But, that's not all, cause in the other semifinal, we will see two dark horses, go hell-for-leather against each other, to book their spot in the finale. And don't forget the mega fight in the main event, wherein, we will get to see the 205lbs title fight between two absolute masters of that division. So, August 1st, man I can't wait for you!

Elena: Empire MMA has signed a lot of new fighters recently. What do you look for when you are recruiting new fighters?

Matty: Since our move to 358k, we have been very focused on recruiting in and around that id range, or look for fighters who has the potential to compete at 358k with significant amount of training. But, our main goal as always, is to look for young talent with high potential, and not just any potential, but the potential to become a champion and a future hall of famer in this organization.

Here are few of the new signings we have made in this past week or so…

(A frenetic drum fill batters your speakers, followed by a screeching guitar, as an instrumental track of “Painkiller” from Judas Priest plays. The dark screen shifts to fight footage mixed in with training shots from various gyms. Ceedee “Drama” Queen lands three unanswered strikes before the ref stops in to stop his fight versus Hanzo Hasashi. “Sir” Arthur Mosley sends thudding low kicks into a banana bag. Tavaris Fulton works a speed bag with headphones on, definitely listening to something other than Judas Priest. Kason Rose, wearing a gi, works from the 50/50 position with an unknown coach. Finally, you see a series of three tapouts to end fights, finally realizing that Ryoto Takahashi is the winner in all three. The music fades out, and the camera is now on two men sitting at a studio desk.)

Scott: If that doesn’t get you pumped up for this new round of fighters, Malik, I don’t know what will!

Malik: I’m ready to watch some fights now! Is it Saturday yet?

Scott: Soon enough, my friend, soon enough! I am Scott Smith, coming to you live from the Marax PR Studio in Los Angeles, California! Joined by my studio partner, Malik Frazier. Malik, what can you tell us about these Empire MMA fighters?

Malik (puts on glasses, looks down at notes): Scott, I did my homework on these fellas. I developed a fourteen and one-half point ranking system across thirty-seven categories for each fighter, and the way I conducted my research was first identifying any primary material, such as video from actual fi—

Scott: Malik, maybe the short version?

Malik (laughing): Sorry, friend, yes of course. I eventually decided to just present the fighters in order from strikers to grapplers, with the more well-rounded guys in the middle. I’m not trying to really assess talent level. This is just a rough order, you know. A lot of these guys don’t even have fights yet.

First, we have the strikers. Kill Shot Jackson (205 lbs.), Hinksi “Bang & Stand” Grang (205), Riann “BJP” Pierce (170), Dennis “The Hurricane” Wagner (205), and Tavaris “Meat Eater” Fulton (HW).

What stands out to me about this group is that only one of them has more than one pro fight. Grang comes in at 2-1, so he’ll immediately have the experience advantage over all of the other new strikers.

Scott: “Bang & Stand,” huh? Wasn’t that your nickname in college? Oh, I’m thinking “Bang & Run,” nevermind.

Malik (ignoring Scott): Kill Shot Jackson is a true Muay Thai fighter, according to my research. Now, he hasn’t fought yet, but from all I could learn about him from other fighters and from some gym footage, he absolutely wants to keep the fight on the feet and seems to think Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a type of soft candy you buy at the carnival.

Scott: What?

Malik: And Grang was tapped out in his most recent fight, but he’s been in the gym for quite awhile since then. I have to think he’s been working on his ground game. He does have two first round TKO victories under his belt, so he is very clearly a dangerous sprawl-and-brawl boxer. I have to wonder if these two will be able to compete in MMA without really working to round out their skill sets?

Dennis Wagner is a rangy light heavyweight that is a bit hard to judge. He was tapped out in under two minutes in his only pro fight, and we don’t have much footage on him other than him working some from the Thai clinch in the Marax gym in Los Angeles.

Pierce and Fulton are a bit more well-rounded, but they seem to mostly fit the mold of American-style wrestle-boxers. I do know that Fulton works a decent amount of BJJ to complement his hands.

Scott: Always a tricky call, right? Whether to excel in one area to create a matchup problem, or whether to focus on training across disciplines, I mean.

Malik: Absolutely. We do have a few guys who seem to subscribe to the latter school of thought. Sir” Arthur Mosley (205), Ryoto Takahashi (145), David “Black Panther” Core (170), Kason Rose (HW), and Elam “Apprime” Armis (155) come into Empire MMA as true mixed martial artists.

Mosely has one fight under his record, a close one-round victory in which he only threw kicks. We’ve heard from other fighters that he trains across all disciplines and could really cause some problems right away in the Empire MMA 205-pound division.

Takahashi is an undefeated BJJ purple belt with three first-round submission wins to his name. He attacks relentlessly with submissions, but he’s got a very nice overall MMA game.

Scott: Yeah, but can he pass a drug test?

Malik: Excuse me?

Scott: I’ve heard a few rumors. You know, maybe I shouldn’t have said that.

Malik: Right, you clearly should not have said that. David “Black Panther” Core and Kason Rose are nearly complete mysteries. We know Core holds a blue belt in jiu jitsu and Rose is a purple belt. Other than that, we’re just gonna have to wait and see what we get out of them.

Elam “Apprime” Armis trains in Los Angeles and I believe may have an amateur wrestling background. He is a blue belt, and so I expect him to be mostly a grappler, but from the little I’ve seen, he can handle himself on the feet as well.

Finally, we have our guys who are primarily wrestlers and grapplers. Ceedee “Drama” Queen, Joshua Jones, and Rich Mahogany.

I’ve heard of Drama, since he fights out of the same city, Montreal, as a few close friends of mine. He is supposedly a monster of a wrestler. If people can stop his takedowns, he might be in trouble, but he ran right through a guy in less than a minute in his first fight. Jones is a similar fighter, stylistically. He’s very stout for a 205’er, at barely six feet tall. We’ll see how he closes the distance against a division that has a lot of taller fighters.

And on the far end of the grappler spectrum, we have Rich Mahogany, a young and talented grappler with great jitz. At just over six feet tall and 185 pounds, he really reminds me, physically, of a famous jiu-jitsu player in history, but I just can’t think of the name. Anyway, this is one of those guys who seems to think punching is for drunken bar brawls. If he can’t get the fight to the mat, he’s going to really struggle. But if he can, watch out!

That’s the whole crew, Scott! Just like we’ve come to expect from the powers that be here at Empire, we have got one hell of a diverse set of fighters coming in. I’m already thinking of the matchups! Jones, the pure boxer, versus--

Scott: Wow Malik, hold on, buddy! I don’t think our friends over at Empire MMA want us speculating on who they might match up. Lots of work goes into that, you know?

Malik: You’re right! I just got excited. There is so much we don’t know about most of these fighters, so watching each one fight is like opening up a new Christmas present.

Scott: Indeed. Sometimes you get a pony, sometimes you get a piece of shit cheap science set that doesn’t even work. Hey, if you see my Aunt Fran, tell her, “Thanks a lot!” (Laughs.)

(Awkward silence.)

Scott (shaking head quickly): Oh, it seems Malik is already off air. As I was saying, that’s great work we just saw from our friend Malik the MMA Geek. Let’s go back over to Elena standing by, still, maybe, with Mr. Fernandez.

(Camera switches to Elena and Matty still standing, Elena holding the microphone motionless like a statute made of smooth butter toffee, eyes glazed.)

Elena: Thank you, Malik. And … Scott too, I guess. I am still joined by Mr. Matty Fernandez. Matty, before we head off air, I just want to let our viewers know that the next media I would expect them to see from Empire is a preview show for Empire: 9, featuring a big fight for the 145 pound title.

Before we all turn our attention to that event, is there anything else you would like to tell me about what you've seen over this past week and what you expect to see this weekend?

Matty: This past week has been a real roller coaster one for us. First of all, the event ratings were nowhere near what we had wanted It to be, but on the positive side, we made our biggest profit in an event.

A major change this week has been that we have now finalized a deal with our new merch partner, which will come into effect from August 1st. And finally, we have added a new member to our staff, who is a fantastic writer, from whom you all can expect some absolutely breathtaking reviews and interviews in the future.

Elena: Ah, you must be speaking of my boss, Mr. Bill Marax. This MMA thing is new to all of us on his staff. I’m hoping he actually pays me for this. Oh, yes, anyway, I cannot thank Mr. Matty Fernandez enough for joining us all here tonight. We hope you have enjoyed our quick look at the new signings and look forward to you tuning in on Saturday for Empire: 9!

• Upvote 4

Empire: 9 is right around the corner, and it should be full of intriguing matchups to say the least. While some experts would suggest the card is quite a bit weaker than past cards, the main event is still a title bout, and the co-main should pack enough to get people excited.

The two one-round matches to kick things off should be interesting. The first one is pretty much a coin flip between a pair of nearly identical fighters. The second is a fight between young grapplers. I like Spong and Project each by unanimous decision.

The next pair of fights features heavyweight Empire debuts. While Jimmy King is a wonderful wrestler, Bob Barron is a strong Muay Thai artist who will look to take the fight to the clinch early and often. I like Bob “The Builder” by 2nd round TKO. The other fight sees Artis Freibergs face off against Kason Rose. Freibergs has lost to Lucas Ardin in QFC, so that gives us some info on his skills or lack thereof. Kason Rose sucks slightly less, and he should be able to do damage on the ground. I like Rose by 1st round submission due to his advantage on the ground.

The third pair of fights see underwhelming 170 lbs fighters face off against each other in a battle to see who is truly at the bottom of the division. Manny Duran’s nickname is “Hands of Stone” for a reason: his hands turned stone-cold just 22 seconds into his last match while being choked out by Damian Mia. Jimmy Murphy is making his Empire debut after going 1-2 in the developmental FFS. Murphy is moving up to a stronger organization, but at least he gets a cakewalk in his debut. I like the Irishman by 1st round submission.

The other bad 170 lbs fight features “The Outlaw King” Freddie McDowe, who got clobbered in his last fight by #8 Samuel Sanchez. He faces Puerto Rican Jerry Ruiz, who got clobbered by current belt holder Ricardo Miles. The Scot is a strong boxer, but I do not think he will be able to stay on his feet long, as Ruiz is stronger at everything else. I like Ruiz by submission in the 1st.

Up next, we are treated to a fight between two guys who have waited roughly 6 weeks to fight. All the way back at Empire: 6, #6 Glenn Ruiz scored a submission on #9 Nico I Pivo, while #8 Michael Howard defeated Francisco Danconia Jr. by unanimous decision. “The Butcher” is stronger on his feet, but I think Ruiz’s wrestling will get the better of him. For the second match in a row, I like Ruiz by submission in the 1st.

Now onto the exciting matches, or at least the ones least likely to make you fall asleep. Khizri Aliyev is a highly touted newcomer, having won all three of his fights at FFS. He faces a test in fellow grappling specialist Elam “Apprime” Armis. Both young fighters are making their Empire debuts, and they are similar in many ways. However, while both are wrestlers at heart, the Russian is at least a competent boxer. In what could be one of the ugliest fights of the night from a stylistic standpoint, I like Aliyev by majority decision.

In the fourth straight 170 lbs matchup of the night, former champion #5 Pedro Gonclaves faces #8 Samuel Sanchez. “The Rebel” Gonclaves is one of the most popular fighters in the organization due to his stunning upset over #1 Michael Howardson. Unfortunately, Gonclaves gave the belt right back to Howardson afterwards in the rematch. Samuel Sanchez has only one fight under his belt in Empire, but that was an impressive stoppage of Freddie McDowe at Empire: 7. “The Unwanted Assassin” is a wonderful boxer, but he will need to stay on his feet to avoid the Angolan’s deadly ground game. Sanchez needs an early stoppage to get the win, and I think he does just that with a TKO in the second.

The main event is a 145 lbs title bout with the winner to face the Grand Prix champion up next. Vito Golami showed impressive power in his 2nd round KO of Vince Richardson, but he may have found a match in the boxing department with Irish fighter Aiden Trapp. Trapp went 3-0-0 in QFC, but while other fighters have struggled in the move up to the big leagues, Trapp’s boxing and wrestling should translate well to the higher levels. “The Sicilian Stalker” is the same age as Trapp, but only has one fight under his belt. I think experience may be the difference, and I like Trapp by 1st round KO in what will pretty much be a pure boxing match.

• Upvote 4

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15913084323096.png
Aiden Trapp (363462)

"My manager is angry. He keeps being given opportunities to win MMA titles but his shitty fighters keep coming up short. Not me. I'm going to become the Empire MMA Featherweight Champion tonight. Not because I want to make my manager happy. But because hurting people makes me happy. Vito Golami. You look less threatening than a Genoa salami. I have more chance of being choked by food than I do by you. And the less said about your boxing the better. There's absolutely no way you're walking out of this thing as the champ. Wait. There's absolutely no way you're even walking out of this thing. Those legs aren't going to work for a while. So who's getting Trapp'd next?"

• Upvote 3

Empire 9: Live Commentary

Wild Bob’s Bar

New York City

(Frankie Sabatini and Patrick Murphy stand in front of a cage, each holding a microphone, as 90’s hip hop music plays over the venue’s speakers.)

Frank: Here we are live at Wild Bob’s Bar for the Main Card of Empire 9, which features a featherweight title bout between defending champion Vito Golami and undefeated newcomer Aiden Trapp. This is our first time presenting an Empire event live, and we couldn’t be more excited to be cage-side tonight and for many events in the future. Pat, the preliminary bouts just finished up. What do you take away from them?

Patrick: We had one finish, as Jimmy King rocked Bob Barron with ground-and-pound before standing up and landing a bomb of a flying punch on his downed opponent. Barron was out cold. We’re talking a 275-pound super heavyweight landing that shot. It was bad, Frank. Before that, Herb Green and Kt Tests picked up decision wins in one-round debut fights. Neither one was a Fight of the Year candidate, to be honest, but two fighters managed to build their resumes with wins to start their careers.

Frank: Up next, we have Artis Freiburgs and Kason Rose in a fight between one guy who comes in at 0-1, and another who was described in the preview as someone who “sucks slightly less.”

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1014517

Frank: And with the decision, that fight is over. Finally.

Patrick: It wasn’t that bad, Frank. It was competitive. And I agree with the judges, who seemed to appreciate that Freiburgs was active off his back and scored a reversal in that second round, which was really the deciding round in that bout.

Frank: Up next is Manny Duran versus Jimmy Murphy in the first of two straight welterweight fights.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1014515

Frank: Whoa, and Murphy gets the tap! That was an impressive showing by the youngster from Dublin, who breaks a three-fight losing streak.

Patrick: It was two fights, Frank. And one of them was a majority decision, so he’s been competitive.

Frank: Yeah, except that time he got dropped like a sack of garbage by a clinch uppercut.

Patrick: That was against a guy who is now 6-0. And it’s “sack of potatoes,” Frank.

Frank: That doesn't even make sense -- why would you drop a sack of potatoes? And if you think Murphy looks like a prospect, fine. It’s probably just because you have the same last name. On to our next fight, we have Freddie McDowe and Jerry Ruiz ready to throw down!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1014514

Frank: A knockout win for McDowe! What do you take away from that fight, Pat?

Patrick: I take away from it that McDowe must be happy that every round starts on the feet. Ruiz was relentless in the first round with sub attempts. I got the idea that McDowe knew he had to get this guy out of there before this fight hit the ground again. You know, I like what I saw out of McDowe. He got thrown to the wolves in his first fight against a guy who we now realize is a very, very tough fighter.

Frank: Our post-fight statistics show that McDowe defended five submission attempts tonight. You have to like that. Up next, we move back up to the super heavyweight division for Glenn Ruiz versus Michael “Butcher” Howard.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1014516

Frank: He’s out! He’s out cold, Pat!

Patrick: I didn’t think he had that one locked up, but that shows you the type of squeeze that Ruiz has as a brown belt. Ruiz moves to 2-0 with two submission wins. And get this, both of them happened at exactly 3:56 of the second round. This is a guy to look out for, Frank!

Frank: Well, he’s like 6’6”, 290, Pat. Not exactly hard to find. Ok, that brings us to our final three fights of the night. Up next is newcomer Elam Armis, being thrown right into the fire against four-fight veteran Khiziri Aliyev in a featured bout at 170 pounds.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1014513

Frank: Ground and pound! A fantastic comeback win for Armis!

Patrick: He really had to earn that one, Frank! Aliyev dominated the entire first half of that fight, up until he got a little too aggressive off of his back and ate that massive elbow. He really faded after that. I have to give it to Armis. He hung in there, and when he smelled blood, he knew he could get this thing back to the ground and start putting on the pressure.

Frank: An impressive debut for the 18 year-old Elam “Apprime” Armis! Our co-main event is next, featuring up-and-coming Samuel Sanchez against the veteran Pedro Gonclaves.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1014512

Frank: That was quick!

Patrick: Wow. What you just saw there is the perfect example of “boxing the brawler.” Gonclaves came out wild, and Sanchez trusted his defense and pumped that counter right hand. Boom! That’s all she wrote. Great job!

Frank: This place is electric right now, with a sold-out crowd on their feet for Samuel “The Unwanted Assassin” Sanchez. He moves to 3-0 now with all three wins coming by way of stoppage. This is a guy who has to be on the radar for welterweight champion Ricardo Miles, does he not?

Patrick: Absolutely, Frank. He is tearing through the division right now.

Frank: Like a hot knife through milk, my friend.

Patrick: …

Frank: And now we are ready for the main event! We have a title fight scheduled for five rounds between Vito Golami and Aiden Trapp. The Empire preview show picked Trapp to win this one by KO to snatch the belt from Golami. We will see!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1014509

Frank: That’s it! That’s it! And new! Aiden Trapp wasted no time in going out there and taking what is his. We’ve got 750 rowdy fans showing their appreciation for that brutal knockout!

Patrick: I’m stunned, Frank. The hype was real, what can we say? Trapp moves to 4-0 on his career, and he’s only been out of the first round one time. I think we have a real champion now at 145. His hands are fast, this guy is heavy-handed, and man, I just want to see him fight again right now.

Frank: Sorry, Pattycakes, but you’re going to have to wait for the Empire Grand Prix to finish to find out who is next in line. The semifinals are scheduled for August 1st. But, I’m right there with you on wanting to see more of this kid. He has been pure entertainment in his short career. Wow. That was one hell of a way to end what has been a great night of fights.

Patrick: We got off to a bit of a slow start, but I think those final few fights really made up for it.

Frank: I agree. Thank you to everyone who tuned in with us tonight. We are signing off from New York City, and we will see you again on August 1st!

• Upvote 4

Empire MMA Rankings:

Record in parentheses is Empire MMA record

145 Rankings: Will be announced upon the completion of Empire Grand Prix.

170 Rankings: Miles © 5-1-0 (4-1-0)

1. Howardson 5-2-0 (4-2-0)

2. Piskochini 2-0-0 (1-0-0)

3. Sanchez 3-0-0 (2-0-0)

4. Gonclaves 4-4-0 (2-3-0)

5. Akechi 1-0-0 (1-0-0)

6. Machado 2-0-0 (2-0-0)

7. Mia 2-1-0 (1-1-0)

8. Chiddell 1-1-0 (1-1-0)

9. Bari 1-0-1 (1-0-1)

10. Barnes 1-1-1 (0-1-1)

To watch: Elam Armis, Freddie McDowe, Jimmy Murphy

Recap: #9 Hadr Bari won his rematch against #10 Trevor Barnes at the bottom of the rankings. At Empire: 9, Freddie McDowe, Jimmy Murphy, and Elam Armis each had big wins, but the story belonged to #3 Samuel Sanchez’s 23 second KO of #4 Pedro Gonclaves. He definitely has earned a big matchup in the future. Empire: X will be a big one for this division.

Upcoming Fights:

Empire X: © Miles vs. #2 Piskochini, #1 Howardson vs. #5 Akechi, #6 Machado vs. #8 Chiddell, Pierce vs. Core

205 Rankings: Rebel © 7-1-0 (2-1-0)

1. Dinapoli 3-0-0 (2-0-0)

2. Broderick 4-0-0 (3-0-0)

3. Lanka 5-1-0 (0-1-0)

4. Payne 2-1-0 (2-1-0)

5. Biggs 4-2-0 (4-2-0)

6. Piiice 1-0-0 (1-0-0)

7. Chico 1-2-0 (1-2-0)

8. Turner 2-1-0 (2-1-0)

9. Abbot 1-1-0 (1-1-0)

10. Mokoto 2-1-0 (2-1-0)

To watch: Christian Kulvics, Maximillian Powers, Karl Van Horn

Recap: No changes here, but GP SF will have a title fight, while Empire: X will have another massive fight for this division.

Upcoming fights:

Empire GP SF: © Rebel vs. #1 Dinapoli, #9 Abbot vs. Kulvics

Empire X: #2 Broderick vs. #6 Piiice

265 Rankings: Gruff © 8-1-0 (3-0-0)

1. Kallas 3-1-0 (3-1-0)

2. Chulainn 2-0-0 (1-0-0)

3. Do 1-1-0 (0-1-0)

4. Ruiz 2-0-0 (2-0-0)

5. Big Daddy 1-0-0 (1-0-0)

6. Slade 2-1-0 (0-1-0)

7. Howard 3-2-0 (2-2-0)

8. Pivo 2-2-0 (1-2-0)

9. Ardin 1-2-0 (0-2-0)

10. Rodriquez 0-1-0 (0-1-0)

To watch: Hinski Grang, Artis Freibergs, Jimmy King

Recap: Jimmy King and Artis Freibergs each had exciting wins at Empire: 9. The biggest news out of this division was #4 Glenn Ruiz’s submission of #7 Michael Howard, but that hardly seems to qualify as news. Empire: X should be exciting though.

Upcoming Fights:

Empire X: #4 Ruiz vs. #7 Howard, Spong vs. Green, King vs. Barron

• Upvote 2