UFC 223 Ferguson vs Nurmagomedov Pick'em Thread

kenlow73

@ Rambo

This is too poorly planned for the UFC to be behind. This a just powertripping with yes-men around behavior

Jones vs DC before weigh-ins wasn't planned by UFC...

Diaz crew vs Khabib crew wasn't planned by UFC...

Conor vs Diaz crew wasn't planned by UFC...

Conor snatching belt from Jose probably wasn't planned...

Conor jumping out cage and giving Jose the crazy eyes wasn't planned...

Cyborg punching that other UFC girl in the face wasn't planned...

Werdum boomeranging Colby Covington wasn't planned...

Werdum going big gorilla on Tony Ferguson wasn't planned...

...sometimes you go a little overboard and do stupid shit, and sometimes accidents happen.

• Upvote 1

Jones vs DC before weigh-ins wasn't planned by UFC...

Diaz crew vs Khabib crew wasn't planned by UFC...

Conor vs Diaz crew wasn't planned by UFC...

Conor snatching belt from Jose probably wasn't planned...

Conor jumping out cage and giving Jose the crazy eyes wasn't planned...

Cyborg punching that other UFC girl in the face wasn't planned...

Werdum boomeranging Colby Covington wasn't planned...

Werdum going big gorilla on Tony Ferguson wasn't planned...

...sometimes you go a little overboard and do stupid shit, and sometimes accidents happen.

Ya I agree.. Confused your post with others, and thought you were saying UFC was involved.

all the casual mcnuggets fans be like :-

don't blame mcgregor.don't kick the man when he is down. It wasn't his fault. It was not his fault those glasses shattered and those stupid fighters traveled by bus.He is the best fighter ever. For god's sake he's 'cleared out the 145lbs division' and held titles at two weight classes simultaneously. He would fight anyone anywhere

-_-

I won't be surprised if that coach of mcnuggets, Cavanaugh or so ... posts in social media that it wasn't mcgregor that was involved in that incident. He always posts stupid shit on behalf of mcgregor

McGregor won't pay a dime to anyone. No arrest warrant, he'll be home in the morning. Won't fight in the US again, was he ever going to? Let the UFC cut him, go to Bellator or go out by yourself and book a fight in Croke Park. He'll fill it and make me than he ever would in Vegas with the UFC.

Love him or hate him, he IS bigger than the UFC. He brings in more buys than any one else on the roster. Too many cards and not enough stars. McGregor will make money anywhere.

Well, this aged well xD

I didn't realize I was in a forum of holier-than-thou saints.

I'm sure he didn't mean for the glass to break and shatter in people's eyes and shit. Just like I'm sure WWF didn't intend for Owen Hart to plummet to the ring or Kevin Nash to break Andre the Giants neck when he tried to powerbomb him. A lot of that was PR. If they were truly trying to catch Khabib and Ali they would of got them before the bus and not after.

Even if it wasn't, he still didn't intend to get any glass in anybody's eyes when he threw that shit. He was just angry and throwing a tantrum. Does he have a history of acting out and hurting random people for no reason? Does 1 action and mistake define him and his entire life as a human being or does it just mean he was being a fucking dumbass in the heat of the moment and emotions got the better of him?

if the glass don't break (or if nobody gets injured from it breaking), it's a great publicity stunt... a reckless one. but it would be effective from a business standpoint.

sorry, but ya'll are being fucking idiots sitting on a high horse. a lot of people are typing in an instant emotional response rather than trying to rationalize and possibly understand the reality of the situation. He made a stupid fucking decision. It happens. It aint like he ran up in there with a baseball bat or brass knuckles lol. PR stunt gone wrong but the UFC will thank him after the PPV because I have a feeling the numbers just went up a lot.

Never been in a similar situation, in some shape, way, or form? good for you.

His intent doesn't matter. He willingly took the risk of injuring (and possibly doing more) innocent bystanders, and anyone who defends this shit even in the slightest is a complete idiot
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I heard Ortega wanted to fight Khabib ... but this short notice I don't think he can make weight ...
Ortega v Khabib would have been a really interesting match... Khabib with his dominant wrestling + control + pressure game BUT with T-City's Elite ground game ... that's something Khabib has to really be careful about

nothing you wrote was worth an intelligent response. Just the nonsensical ramblings of a low iq fan boy.

Ray Borg has a sliver of glass in his eye, his career could be in jeopardy, and you are defending mcgregor. only a raging retard would defend and downplay his actions today. And he definitely will be sued and he definitely will come out of pocket with a very large amount of cash.

Oh shut up, you little brain dead fool. I didn't once defend McGregor, I don't condone or like it at all, and he lost a fan in me because of it. I'm just stating facts. This won't stop him from bringing in millions of viewers, in fact this has just put gave him a whole bunch of new viewers. Same thing happened with Floyd. Maybe eventually he'll sell 5m PPV's without Floyd too.

Whether you tune in to see him get beat up, or tune in to see him win, more people will tune in now than EVER. McGregor does not need the UFC nearly as much as they need him. If he never fights MMA again who loses out? The org that can only manage 30% of the buys without him or the guy that can make $100m in boxing, owns a whiskey brand, clothing line, entertainment business, gets offers for movies and commercials?

Come on. I'm not a fan boy, you're just so deep into your hatred for McGregor you're blind to the truth, so let me tell you the truth.

Cut out all the bullshit. Cut out all the "we've been here before, we've lost stars and ufc is still here". Just forget about all of that, because McGregor is not an MMA star, he's a global super star.

And finally, the big truth. Conor IS bigger than the UFC. Considerably bigger. And whether you love it or hate it, that is just the way it is.

Edit:

And let me just add another thing, doesn't matter if he is under contract to UFC. He can box again without them. The UFC would get laughed out of Irish courts if they tried to uphold his mma contract for boxing in Ireland. And he could easily sell out a huge Irish stadium like Croke Park. And if he paved the way for MMA fighters to bounce to boxing you could be sure as shit Nate would go right with him to finish the trilogy in the squared ring. It's just stupid to think Conor's financial gain, value and popularity lives and dies on the UFC.

Oh shut up, you little brain dead fool. I didn't once defend McGregor, I don't condone or like it at all, and he lost a fan in me because of it. I'm just stating facts. This won't stop him from bringing in millions of viewers, in fact this has just put gave him a whole bunch of new viewers. Same thing happened with Floyd. Maybe eventually he'll sell 5m PPV's without Floyd too.

Whether you tune in to see him get beat up, or tune in to see him win, more people will tune in now than EVER. McGregor does not need the UFC nearly as much as they need him. If he never fights MMA again who loses out? The org that can only manage 30% of the buys without him or the guy that can make $100m in boxing, owns a whiskey brand, clothing line, entertainment business, gets offers for movies and commercials?

Come on. I'm not a fan boy, you're just so deep into your hatred for McGregor you're blind to the truth, so let me tell you the truth.

Cut out all the bullshit. Cut out all the "we've been here before, we've lost stars and ufc is still here". Just forget about all of that, because McGregor is not an MMA star, he's a global super star.

And finally, the big truth. Conor IS bigger than the UFC. Considerably bigger. And whether you love it or hate it, that is just the way it is.

Edit:

And let me just add another thing, doesn't matter if he is under contract to UFC. He can box again without them. The UFC would get laughed out of Irish courts if they tried to uphold his mma contract for boxing in Ireland. And he could easily sell out a huge Irish stadium like Croke Park. And if he paved the way for MMA fighters to bounce to boxing you could be sure as shit Nate would go right with him to finish the trilogy in the squared ring. It's just stupid to think Conor's financial gain, value and popularity lives and dies on the UFC.

lol, if you say so.

I do appreciate a moron's view on contractual law. The contract's the UFC makes fighter signs are binding for boxing as well. You probably didnt know who mcgregor was before the Mayweather fight, but the UFC got a pretty sizable chunk of cash for that fight to let McGregor take it. The idea that an Irish court would void a contract is incredibly dumb, contracts that are legally signed are binding in pretty much any country. It's kind of the basis of international commerce.

Unlike MMA tycoon, the UFC contracts dont run out until all the fights are completed or the UFC agrees to release a fighter. McGregor has more pull then any other fighter, so maybe he got a better deal and has a buyout or a termination date. The UFC is not going to let him out do whatever he wants regardless of what mcgregor and the moron mafia want.

lol, if you say so.

I do appreciate a moron's view on contractual law. The contract's the UFC makes fighter signs are binding for boxing as well. You probably didnt know who mcgregor was before the Mayweather fight, but the UFC got a pretty sizable chunk of cash for that fight to let McGregor take it. The idea that an Irish court would void a contract is incredibly dumb, contracts that are legally signed are binding in pretty much any country. It's kind of the basis of international commerce.

Unlike MMA tycoon, the UFC contracts dont run out until all the fights are completed or the UFC agrees to release a fighter. McGregor has more pull then any other fighter, so maybe he got a better deal and has a buyout or a termination date. The UFC is not going to let him out do whatever he wants regardless of what mcgregor and the moron mafia want.

No, ufc contracts aren't binding for boxing. Lmao you got jokes. The Ali act is a federal law that literally restricts contracts that are written to control and abuse boxers rights. The UFC get away with it because it doesn't cover MMA. Their contracts don't cover boxing, and if they did they wouldn't be recognised by any major boxing organisation.

You're a fucking fool, triggered by any mention of McGregor and turning into a rambling baboon. I guess I finally know what a hateful retard looks like.

Well, that's one way for Conor to avoid fighting Khabib or Tony anytime soon. Conor is scared.

This coming from one of Conor's longest, biggest fans.

This shit is rediculous, he's been an assclown since the Maywhether fight, that money corrupted his soul. Money will make or break you emotionally.

And I'd still root for Conor if he fought whoever, but he is doing everything in his power to avoid fighting those 2 guys.

No, ufc contracts aren't binding for boxing. Lmao you got jokes. The Ali act is a federal law that literally restricts contracts that are written to control and abuse boxers rights. The UFC get away with it because it doesn't cover MMA. Their contracts don't cover boxing, and if they did they wouldn't be recognised by any major boxing organisation.

You're a fucking fool, triggered by any mention of McGregor and turning into a rambling baboon. I guess I finally know what a hateful retard looks like.

If the UFC contracts arent binding for boxing then why did McGregor have to get permission from the UFC to allow the fight?

I'll wait for your incoherent reply.

• Upvote 1