Extinction Rebellion hits the streets of UK

lotos

I'm not saying climate change isn't a threat to humanity.. to some degree, displacing millions if not billions of ppl from ports/capitals that are under sea level will generate chaos hurricane Katrina style but on mass scale... Hence overpopulation actually being the issue. People are migrants. We are very nomadic and adaptaptable. The issue is the amount of people congested in these places and the amount of pollution that will impact the planet in it's aftermath...

I'm just against standing in the street, locked arms, picket fences, shouting stuff and getting in the way of other humans.

Joe Rogan put it very nicely but towards day vegans. Some people became protestors for a cause because Scientology or isis didn't find them first. And I feel that way about majority of ppl who resort to protesting in the street lol.

• Upvote 3

• 2 months later...

David Attenborough is great. I think I've seen almost everything he's done and this was interesting. It's funny to me that no one likes protesting until it's something they want to protest themselves lol. Speak to your representative, change policy, really? if it was only that easy. If you look at history this is how change happens.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Have you seen Our Planet, by David Attenborough? There's an epic episode on Chernobyl. The place got made into an exclusion zone and now it's teaming with wildlife.

There's actually a pretty dope foreign movie set back when the disaster happened, called Chernobyl. I highly recommend both. Although the documentary has some shocking bits, for the best part, it offers hope for planet earth.

Have you seen Our Planet, by David Attenborough? There's an epic episode on Chernobyl. The place got made into an exclusion zone and now it's teaming with wildlife.

There's actually a pretty dope foreign movie set back when the disaster happened, called Chernobyl. I highly recommend both. Although the documentary has some shocking bits, for the best part, it offers hope for planet earth.

Yeah I've seen that and found the one about Chernobyl so interesting. I'm set to watch the show on HBO about it since I've heard it's really good.

• 1 month later...

I agree with you in principle with everything that you are saying, but my main issue with what you are doing is this. Living in the UK we are already committed to becoming greener and energy efficient, and our country is committed to tackling global warming. I see you like to post links well read this one.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/the-most-polluted-cities-in-the-world-ranked/

https://images.app.goo.gl/D7G5CH9eoc4uxhDU7

You can clearly see that the main contributor to global warming happens to be the largest most populated country in the world. Along with other huge countries such as India, Russia, and some degree the US. And instead of chaining yourselves and blocking streets in major UK cities forcing people to travel further in their cars or hold them up while they still have their engines running in their cars. like was previously mentioned, why not all book a flight to China and protest there. Maybe that's something to do with their human rights record not being great, and you will all end up getting beaten, tortured, or even killed.

So what I'm saying is political pressure is the only way to make this happen, but chaining yourself and blockading streets and roads in countries that are already committed to tackling global warming is actually counterproductive, and all your going to do is piss more people off...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Because the land management part of fire & rescue in NSW had its budget massively cut year after year which turned the entire state into a fucking tinderbox. We have fires every year, only in NSW are they burning out of control right now.

• Upvote 2

I still have a lot of friends from the australian poker community and the fires in AUS are such a mess :(

Reports say almost 50% of the fires are the result of arson :( I think these people should serve severe penalties if found guilty.

Also:

To make matters worse, university climate activists are planning a protest in Melbourne on Friday. The police have asked them to wait as they and emergency services are exhausted but they have refused.

I don't mind people protesting but they should at least be more considerate. This is fucking ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...

I still have a lot of friends from the australian poker community and the fires in AUS are such a mess :(

Reports say almost 50% of the fires are the result of arson :( I think these people should serve severe penalties if found guilty.

Also:

To make matters worse, university climate activists are planning a protest in Melbourne on Friday. The police have asked them to wait as they and emergency services are exhausted but they have refused.

I don't mind people protesting but they should at least be more considerate. This is fucking ridiculous.

I agree with most of what you just said including the protestors working with, not against the local services.

Because the land management part of fire & rescue in NSW had its budget massively cut year after year which turned the entire state into a fucking tinderbox. We have fires every year, only in NSW are they burning out of control right now.

That's the reason right there. Thanks for shedding some light on this