ITFL Season 5 Official Sign Up Thread

GBK16

We should wait and see how many fighters we have that actually make the ID restriction before adding those which don't. I think Lance had one fighter in ITFL Season 3 which was allowed in despite not meeting the restriction. Everyone else made the restriction iirc.

What's the point in having a restriction if half the fighters aren't going to make it?

My guy is higher than 245ID anyway, no way I can do it if it is open. The only reason I am putting Bryer in it now is he is off contract and can train until April when this starts. I would say if we cant get enough at 205 go to 2 weight classes again. I liked that anyway, but I think I may have been the only one.

We should wait and see how many fighters we have that actually make the ID restriction before adding those which don't. I think Lance had one fighter in ITFL Season 3 which was allowed in despite not meeting the restriction. Everyone else made the restriction iirc.

What's the point in having a restriction if half the fighters aren't going to make it?

That's what I'm saying. Either we stick to 245k or just get rid of id restriction altogether. When Fuse and I came up with ITFL we never intended it to be id restricted every single time. I always saw of it as another EPL, a place where you put your B level guys for fun competition.

Either way I will use the same two guys. By the time the tournament starts they will both be pretty close to maxed out.

If we were to go non ID then we could see quite a few guys return from last season. I guess it all really depends on what the majority would like to see, 245k is very close to (for some) being at the cap and this type of tourney would not effect many as far as losing training time. For those around 260k I think it would be 50/50 on if they would be established enough to not lose out on training time. Some would be ok and some would be out behind just slightly.

I would be all over 260k, how about the other regular participants and those who have already shown an interest?

well this is just a discussion for now, we can get a feel about who can participate. Perhaps we could do an ITFL with no ID restriction and a junior ITFL with the 260k ID restriction, who knows.

well this is just a discussion for now, we can get a feel about who can participate. Perhaps we could do an ITFL with no ID restriction and a junior ITFL with the 260k ID restriction, who knows.

Sorry I didn't word that correctly, what I meant was to get comments from the group on their thoughts to strike up more conversation.