The Olympics

ArtieBanks

You couldn't be more correct :P I have never hidden the fact that I want to face the best ;)

Good luck. I'm sure you will have him ready to go. You are a better slider setter than your mentor.

How do we do that again??? I want to start adding the fighters for UPG, but I haven't been able to remember how to link to the fighters since the forum change

Highlight the item you want to link to something (in this case maybe fighter name) and click the chain icon in the middle (2 left of the picture icon) in the second row

Then paste the URL in the pop up box.

Highlight the item you want to link to something (in this case maybe fighter name) and click the chain icon in the middle (2 left of the picture icon) in the second row

Then paste the URL in the pop up box.

Thanks. Hopefully I'll remember it this time, lol

How do we do that again??? I want to start adding the fighters for UPG, but I haven't been able to remember how to link to the fighters since the forum change

Seems you already been helped out haha

how do i take part?

Well, there are 8 orgs taking part in the Olympics. If you have a fighter in one of the orgs mentioned in the very first post of this thread, then contact the org owner. There of course are certain requirements needed for the fighter to be able to take part.

UPG Olympic Representatives

135: Zoran Markovic

145: Vesa Sykk

155: Jack Burton

170: Winner of Ross Swann vs Mika Saarenpaa on Nov. 13th

185: Arturo Atunes

205: Michel Teló

265: Cody Zeller

265+: Kyle Carlton vs Vladislav Maslow winner on Nov. 6th

• Upvote 3

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1425308072giflogo4best.gif

135: Abraham Donowitz managed by Chris Karter

P4P: 472

145: Martin Saint Louis managed by Aylib 2.0

P4P: 43

155: Dicky Dirty managed by Bjorn O'Donnel

P4P: 239

170: Bobby Shamrock managed by Mikey Barr

P4P: 54

185: Octavio Saades managed my Louie DePalma

P4P: 321

205: Decided after Oct. 24th event

265: Cyril Makarenko managed by 'Clever' Hans Schmidt

P4P: 123

265+: Herctor Hernandez managed by Mikey Barr

P4P: 455

MSL goes to 135.

Abe goes to 145.

MSL weighs 135 lbs. Abe weighs 145 lbs.

first post says you must be at least W/C weight before cutting.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

MSL goes to 135.

Abe goes to 145.

MSL weighs 135 lbs. Abe weighs 145 lbs.

first post says you must be at least W/C weight before cutting.

MSL Is on weight gain to make 145. Should have enough time to get to that

I'm guessing he tried doing it that way because Aylib has Lil Wayne @ 135 for Syn? Maybe he has time to gain enough weight still?

Yep, he was scheduled for 135lbs but after seeing Wayne I had to make changes. So both managers of MSL and Abe were okay to switch

Really excited to be taking part in this for the first time. Hopefully Icky can show the world he is a top fighter after his showing in the ITFL as Carlos Hulk did not go too well. But it's a different manager and different sliders.

I'm guessing he tried doing it that way because Aylib has Lil Wayne @ 135 for Syn? Maybe he has time to gain enough weight still?

Yeah. I actually had another one of his guys going for UPG at 145, but I doubt he really wants the possibility to have his guys fight each other.

Yeah. I actually had another one of his guys going for UPG at 145, but I doubt he really wants the possibility to have his guys fight each other.

Can't enter two fighters in the same division. Aylib is in a shitty position since he owns the titles at most 135/145 but has no one really else on his roster. So at most he might be able to put someone on weight gain to 155 and enter 3 fighters.

First time I've ever had a fighter or be a part of an org in the Olympics. I can't wait for this, the anticipation is killing me.

THANK YOU UPG!

This is my guy, the legend himself.

http://i57.tinypic.com/1h5z5d.jpg

"Killer" Kyle Carlton (123905)

He has never fought in UPG and won't fight for UPG before the end of the month when the closing date is.

(yes he fought in UPG NY but that is NOT this org, i am not doing technicalities and shit because it will open up a whole new can of worms).

*If an org has a fight in which two potential candidates are fighting in the first week of November they can say it is between the two fighters, this is purely so people know the candidates prior to the thing taking off sometime in November, I am shooting for the week commencing the 16th of November or the 23rd of November*

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I was told since UPG has an ID restricted division for that weight class and could have a rep that didn't fight for them..

As far as i can see they have a 265 weight class with guys who weigh over 250 pounds who meet the criteria, if none of them are willing to fight in the Olympics then i could see the point. As far as i can see they have a heavyweight title fight booked for the first week in November with two guys, one who could rep 265+ and one who could rep 265. This rule was originally aimed at orgs who did not have a 135/145 division, most heavyweight divisions have guys who can rep at either weight.

I'll talk to Deuce about it and get things straightened out, but yes it is possible if neither of them work then they can use Carlton as the outsourced fighter. It did bring up a potential loophole though which could be exploited and i wanted to shut that down before it got opened up though, so i wanted to address that in case other orgs got pissy and started using all sorts of tactics to keep their in house talent at home instead of sending the best possible candidates from their respective orgs. It isn't anything personal against yourself St Pierre.

• Upvote 1

As far as i can see they have a 265 weight class with guys who weigh over 250 pounds who meet the criteria, if none of them are willing to fight in the Olympics then i could see the point. As far as i can see they have a heavyweight title fight booked for the first week in November with two guys, one who could rep 265+ and one who could rep 265. This rule was originally aimed at orgs who did not have a 135/145 division, most heavyweight divisions have guys who can rep at either weight.

I'll talk to Deuce about it and get things straightened out, but yes it is possible if neither of them work then they can use Carlton as the outsourced fighter. It did bring up a potential loophole though which could be exploited and i wanted to shut that down before it got opened up though, so i wanted to address that in case other orgs got pissy and started using all sorts of tactics to keep their in house talent at home instead of sending the best possible candidates from their respective orgs. It isn't anything personal against yourself St Pierre.

Thanks for the explanation Dinooo, I get cha..

I'll be following the thread for more details. I'm in if I'm allowed, if not I appreciate UPG for their interest and hope the Olympics go well for everyone!

Thanks for the explanation Dinooo, I get cha..

I'll be following the thread for more details. I'm in if I'm allowed, if not I appreciate UPG for their interest and hope the Olympics go well for everyone!

Yeah i have mailed Deuce about it, if he says that you are the outsourced pick then you will be in. Just keep plodding away man and i am sure you will have someone who can compete at the Olympics for a respective org in the next Olympics if not this one.

• Upvote 1

Yeah i have mailed Deuce about it, if he says that you are the outsourced pick then you will be in. Just keep plodding away man and i am sure you will have someone who can compete at the Olympics for a respective org in the next Olympics if not this one.

Or try to get a fight at UPG in the next couple of weeks for Carlton. That will silence all critics.

• Upvote 1

Sadly, I will have to have an outsourced fighter for Troid EP's 170lbs resprentative, as I have asked our champ Travis Bickle but not gotten a response from him.

So instead, representing Troid EP at 170lbs will be Hector Camacho

He is going on Weight Gain in order to make the minimum weight requirement.

• Upvote 1

Sadly, I will have to have an outsourced fighter for Troid EP's 170lbs resprentative, as I have asked our champ Travis Bickle but not gotten a response from him.

So instead, representing Troid EP at 170lbs will be Hector Camacho

He is going on Weight Gain in order to make the minimum weight requirement.

What about these guys? :

Carlos Centurion (219836)

Shinyo "Gekido" Jintao (226289)

Orgs should only be outsourcing fighters if they have no other choice... Not snagging top guys to load their Olympic roster. Both Centurion and Jintao fit the rank requirement.

• Upvote 3

What about these guys? :

Carlos Centurion (219836)

Shinyo "Gekido" Jintao (226289)

Orgs should only be outsourcing fighters if they have no other choice... Not snagging top guys to load their Olympic roster. Both Centurion and Jintao fit the rank requirement.

Kinda gubbed with Jintao he is in the ITFL.