Add boxing

Zello

Yes we have Kickboxing but I want boxing. We already have KT/MMA/ and Grappling orgs. We need Boxing orgs. It'd be much like the KT game is now just no kicks allowed and maybe allow for like 10-15 rounds.

This will probably never happen like ever in the game but hey. Imma shoot my shot.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not viable, since all different punches (jab, cross, hook, upper etc.) are all valued the same in this game - just a punch. Would require tons of flavour text or the creation of another engine derivative, and just look at TWGC / KT to see how shallow they are already.

I'd love it but its not a realistic addition, especially considering the current development landscape.

• Upvote 6

The main problem as I see it is as Rei pointed out and that the KT orgs and Grappling orgs usually fold up because there just aren't enough fighters that are that specialized. So you fight the same three fighters over and over again, get bored, leave the org and after a few events the org has no one in it so they fold. There is a possible fix here, but I am not sure how labor intensive it would be and whether Mike is willing to even invest the effort into something like that.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

The main problem as I see it is as Rei pointed out and that the KT orgs and Grappling orgs usually fold up because there just aren't enough fighters that are that specialized. So you fight the same three fighters over and over again, get bored, leave the org and after a few events the org has no one in it so they fold. There is a possible fix here, but I am not sure how labor intensive it would be and whether Mike is willing to even invest the effort into something like that.

There would have to be an incentive. Maybe Boxing orgs gain moire money but gain less hype.

I want to say there was a boxing division in the past, or even a tourney, but it didnt amount to much. It would be cool to see a boxing tourney between the top fighters of a division though. Like a one off kind of deal, throw a kick, get a DQ kind of thing.

There was one at a time I was a competitor in it and it was kinda exciting but I thought it was moving slow

• Upvote 1