Automatic Draws...

I would like the option to have a draw instead of a decision.

If the fight reaches the end of the time limit, a draw is awarded.

This could be under Judging system:

-whole fight

-10 point system

-automatic draw

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

What? So lets say Fighter A has little power but has is a world class striker goes up against Fighter B with one of the best chins out there, whoops his ass for however many rounds so badly that it could be 3/5 10-8 rounds, then gets fucked over and doesn't get a win on his record because the owner decided 'decisions suck'

• Upvote 1

It's precisely the point. Force managers to go more aggressive.

Also and most important of all: No one can force anyone to accept any fight.

This is true for auto draw, 10 min rounds, 3 min rounds, whole fight, etc.

For those who remember anything besides ufc post strike force, these auto draws used to be the rule and not the exception.

• Upvote 1

Well that's a new one! Happy to do it if enough people want it but obviously it'll have to go to the back of the queue... There are lots of things people want doing that have been waiting longer :)

Like anything I like to post on this section, there is no time frame demand for any of it. All that I think is good and useful to my mmatycoon gaming experience I put it out here. I'm thinking of a swiss system championship thing and this would be crucial to it but it's not like I'm starting it next week nor next month.

It's precisely the point. Force managers to go more aggressive.

Also and most important of all: No one can force anyone to accept any fight.

This is true for auto draw, 10 min rounds, 3 min rounds, whole fight, etc.

For those who remember anything besides ufc post strike force, these auto draws used to be the rule and not the exception.

I'm all for it. Giving options can never hurt :)

I second what GBK has posted. -1 from me

I really don't get this type of attitude. KT orgs also kill all round MMA fighters. Do you oppose them because of that?

No one is talking about forcing anyone to do anything. It should also be pretty clear which orgs would use auto draws (description, who the owner is, past events...it's all public info) or not and no one is forcing anyone to join them nor to accept those terms for a fight.

It's pretty clear there is an interest from people, such as myself, who would like to run tournaments or leagues with this format and there is also a very clear real historical precedent for this. I fail to see how talking about fighters with hiddens that happen to suit your way of playing the game can take precedence over this. We're talking about making the game more fun and diverse while at the same time also being realistic about it.

Your reasoning and the reasoning from GBK sound a bit like this:

"I'm used to play a game a certain way and I don't care about improving the game if that leads to me having to maybe rethink some of the strategies I use on this game"

Firstly, fighters who have no KO Power and go to decisions isn't exactly my thing. I was simply pointing out the downsides these rules have compared to the other rule sets, as you could easily be wasting an entire fight which results in lower energy, less training time, and most importantly, no reward for your fighter at the end of it in a fight you didn't even lose. This wasn't an attack on the idea, it was simply my thoughts on it, which is what the whole point of improvement threads are about.

I wouldn't be upset if these rules were implemented, because like you said, I can easily just not sign to an org that runs these events. I am not completely opposed to these being added, as quite frankly anything that some managers will enjoy that won't really influence the rest of the manager's enjoyment is a plus. However, I do feel there are some ideas that have been suggested previously that the game would benefit more from than this idea, so they should be taken care of first.

I really don't get this type of attitude. KT orgs also kill all round MMA fighters. Do you oppose them because of that?

No one is talking about forcing anyone to do anything. It should also be pretty clear which orgs would use auto draws (description, who the owner is, past events...it's all public info) or not and no one is forcing anyone to join them nor to accept those terms for a fight.

It's pretty clear there is an interest from people, such as myself, who would like to run tournaments or leagues with this format and there is also a very clear real historical precedent for this. I fail to see how talking about fighters with hiddens that happen to suit your way of playing the game can take precedence over this. We're talking about making the game more fun and diverse while at the same time also being realistic about it.

Your reasoning and the reasoning from GBK sound a bit like this:

"I'm used to play a game a certain way and I don't care about improving the game if that leads to me having to maybe rethink some of the strategies I use on this game"

If enough people like it, then the majority will boost it's rating. I just don't see how adding something which could cause more draws is something people would like and I don't think it benefit organisations either.