Manager Rankings Error

GBK16

685473af385168a3c90add53ed689feb.png

How did this guy make it up to #1? Please fix soon Mike. This isn't something that should be capable in MMA Tycoon.

On a serious note (Well, last point is half serious), I didn't expect to log on today and see I had jumped into the #1 spot.

First off, I wanna say thanks to Dinooo, Shortfuse and Duphus. I started taking the Fighting side of the game more seriously last April/May time and I annoyed the shit out of them with all my questions. Only reason I've been having anywhere near the level of success I am now is cos of them putting up with me.

I'd like to say thanks to my alliance mates. All of them are top notch guys who I have learned from in some way over the past 3 years of returning to the game, and our competition with the other alliances is something that has been lacking in recent times.

I think most importantly, I gotta give thanks to John Hetfield, Bob Vendarra and Ryan Epicity. I likely wouldn't have stuck around in this game for as long as I have if it weren't for the fact I talk to John and Bob every day still, and I talked to Ryan every day before he quit. Says a lot that I get on with them so well that I talk with them outside the game, so I gotta give thanks for that.

In more modern times, I wanna thank guys like Adam Holland, Shiv Redux, Tom Bickle, TJ Mitchell, King Kendrick, Rei Rei and the entire Aspire brand for being people I now talk to everyday about the game and keeping my interest alive while also encouraging me to set new targets for myself. I've done more writing recently for one of my guys in Adam's org than I have for anything else in a long time and also gave me a lot of feedback on TWW News with which I will hope to continue it's resurgence in the game.

With mine becoming #1 due to Burns losses in the past few days, credit for this achievement also has to go to Mr. Devin Skrumbellos, Mr. Chris Karter and I think most incredibly, Mr. Jess Holt who defeated Burns with a fighter who was 10-12 at the time.

I highly doubt my time at #1 will last any decent spell of time, but I feel when shit like this happens, you gotta show appreciation and gratitude to the people who helped get you there so big thanks to all of them. I know that when compared to other managers in the game, I realistically shouldn't be in the #1 spot, but I know I've put in a tonne of work to improve as a manager and this is a target I thought would be a long way off. I'm surprised at how long I've remained in the top 10 and at how my record has improve since I learned from Dino, Fuse and Duphus.

Anyway, TL;DR - Cheers everyone for making this an enjoyable game to play, particularly the people I named above. (There are others I wanna thank but writing this up quick while I got the time. I'll edit them in later.

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 2

I'm over the moon for you Grant, you deserve it as I told you earlier it's because of your consistency, the steps you took to become successful are a blueprint for all others, you reached out to the very best and listened, applied and persisted to success and that should be applauded, I don't see any reason why you can't be in and around the top of that mountain for a very long time to come even tho there are some fantastic managers at the top end of the game right now, I count you amongst the very best, certainly during the time I have been playing.

My own personal success is in large due to the lessons I have learned from you and Duphus over the last 7 months, the willingness to pass on that knowledge the way it was given to you show's a selflessness that I admire greatly, one day this will be me, that's what I aspire towards, pun intended. When it is I just hope you are still here to see it, the game is just starting to heat up again, Avon can't be #1 HOF forever, right? aim for the sky, even if you fail at least you got off the ground trying, that's my motto.

The game aside, you have become one of the people I spend most of my social time with and most of it has nothing at all to do with MMATycoon, I just really like been around you and I'm really glad to call you a friend, I'm very proud to see you reach this most important of achievements, you stand amongst the very best to ever do it today, enjoy it, but don't be satisfied, theirs much more to be done.

Stay Hungry, Stay Humble. Always Aspire.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

i remember the day we met for the very first time. It was a beautiful day, and straight away there was a lot of jokes being made that resulted in lots of laughter. A great bonding experience. Then I realised I was in the wrong channel and joined the one you were one. Biggest regret of my life, but at least the other people I met are cool till this day. I am joking of course bestest buddy.

It has been a long road for you to become the #1 manager of the game. A lot of blood, sweat and tears. The game has changed a lot over the years, but you always went with the flow. You never let it get in the way. And today, it finally paid off. I am very happy to see you had this much succes and hope the next period on MMAT for you, is a great one.

ps: When you give me slider advice, at least make sure I end up winning the goddamn match!

• Upvote 3

You are raising the bar for everyone GBK; never in a million years has mankind seen a number one manager with an opponent rank higher than 1100.

Restecp boy... restecp!

yet everyone else knows that stat on a number of manager's pages is actually false. Feel free to look up the numbers and you'll get around the 350 manager mark.

Easy way to debunk it is the worse rank of any of my last 20 opponents is 1001, making an 1100 figure impossible

Thank you for your great input as always in any regard, and best of luck in your upcoming fight with your guy Westlund against Obamacare. I'm sure the fact it's in an org you bashed in the past for me having a fighter in, and against an opponent on a lower level (primaries wise) to that of which you also bashed me in the past for facing, will provide you with the competition you need to improve as a manager.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2