KT Creation tournament

JoeLang

Few questions on this tournament  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What division should i make this tournament?

• Bantamweight (135)
    • Featherweight (145)
    • Heavyweight (265)
  2. 2. How long between fights?

• 2 weeks between fights
    • 3 weeks between fights
  3. 3. How long training time from creation?

• 3 weeks?
    • 4 weeks?
    • 5 weeks?

Hey guys, how we all doing??

Now while i am not the best manager out there, i log in every day and i enjoy most aspects of this game. One of those is KT, which sadly is a dying part of the game. There have been lots of attempts to breathe new life into the KT division. Many have tried, and it is such a shame that KT is not as big as it could be.

I love playing the KT aspect of the game, but it is a shame there is only one KT org worth fighting for. But with the skill gap, there is nowhere for younger KT guys to gain experience before stepping up to EFFA. So while i can't run an org anymore, i think i will do the next best thing.

I been thinking and wanted to see if there was interest in a KT creation tournament to hopefully re-spark interest in KT.

While i haven't set anything in stone, tentative plans are for it to be 16 (or 32) man knockout tournament with the losers hopefully sticking around to build a new division. If it all goes well i might repeat it for a new division and hopefully we can keep building on KT.

I am not rich in game, so i can't offer big cash prizes. But i am willing to make 1st prize 3 months VIP for the winner?

I really want KT to take off again because it adds something different to the game.

If i get interest in this i will start to properly plan it.

Spread the word and hopefully i can gather enough interest to at least start making arrangements!!!!

EDIT: It's all official now! Come see this thread!!!!

Edited by jhinh
  • Upvote 10

Wow..... Looks like i generated quite the interest in this tourney!!!

Keep in mind that while it is single elimination, the point of this is to build a division and hopefully get some depth into KT. So even if you lose, i encourage you all to stick around to see if he can still make it!!!

So at the moment it looks like it's gonna go ahead.

I might keep this thread to ask for suggestions on how you want this to happen, and when all is official i will make a proper thread with prizes, brackets, contracts, creation dates, etc.

Fights will be fought in Extreme Fist Fighting Association based in Amsterdam. Because we are aiming to build divisions, the choices for this tourney will be at either 135, 145 or 265. Depending on how well this tourney is, i might do it again for one of the other divisions.

Hopefully by the end of this tourney, we will have enough fighters to build a division around and make a new ID restricted division. So if you are too late to enter this tourney, make a KT guy and fight your way up to the top!!!

Once i get more feedback on how to best run this tournament, i will start to make official dates and prize money awards!

Although i have run an org in the past (Years ago!!) this will be my first tourney i have hosted so please bear with me as i work out the details!

Let's do this!!

• Upvote 1

Heavyweight and 3 weeks between fights. It seems the other tournament is going for a lighter weight class run by Goon and 2 weeks is not enough imo since if you lose all energy you only really get 1 week to train.

How long would this start after fighter creation?

Heavyweight and 3 weeks between fights. It seems the other tournament is going for a lighter weight class run by Goon and 2 weeks is not enough imo since if you lose all energy you only really get 1 week to train.

How long would this start after fighter creation?

Well i guess that's another thing to add to the poll ;)

• Upvote 1