(Nominations) Best New Manager Of The Year 2015

GBK16

Rabid alien is a crazy idiot/moron who personally attack noobs for not doing what he wants and is a total can crusher.

LOD sucks man, just face it. Even my mole in LOD says it's not friendly and the advice is bad.

79877419659107f010829c1218676534.png

1) the fact that YOU have stars next to David Brent shows that he is a multi-account of yours - cheater

2) Notice that #2 on both lists is Dean Sutherland - I guess he doesn't deserve any votes for manager of the year?

EDIT - nevermind point 1 - I was wrong about that, but what about point 2?

Edited by BlakePhoenix
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1) the fact that YOU have stars next to David Brent shows that he is a multi-account of yours - cheater

2) Notice that #2 on both lists is Dean Sutherland - I guess he doesn't deserve any votes for manager of the year?

This is Best New Manager. Sounds like Dean has Best Manager locked up, but a couple guys are still in the running

• Upvote 1

Like I said, if he was the front runner for the award I would begrudgingly vote for him probably but he's not. And if it's a close race then yes, I am going to pick the manager who's classy not sassy.

Looks like David Brent is a multi-account of Uni-conor and is also therefore the mole in LOD that he speaks of. . .

d9ae6b7722f4760fd7442f7c94b68a08.png

Hey Blake, are you my multi?

You click on the bar graph at the top of anyone's profile page and it shows their competition with their name highlighted. Conor did something similar using Brent's ID.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Looks like David Brent is a multi-account of Uni-conor and is also therefore the mole in LOD that he speaks of. . .

Lmao

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I mean if established returning managers under new accounts count as "new" managers then Future Leader(Active Serial Killer) wins this award hands down and it's not even close.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/managerprofilemanager.php?MgrID=103005

I actually may be wrong about the returning manager thing but I thought I remembered there being a thread about it when he returned. I may be thinking of someone else.

I dont think that the manager who was banned that year for racism should win the best new manager award.

This is Best New Manager. Sounds like Dean has Best Manager locked up, but a couple guys are still in the running

I know this is for Best New Manager - what I was saying is that if Uniconor believes that David Brent shouldn't get best new manager due to poor competition, then under the same standard he should believe that Dean Sutherland shouldn't get best manager.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't really get how manager rating works, so correct me if I'm wrong:-

But I THINK it works on the difference in rank between you and the guy you're facing. So by that logic, Dinooo will rarely ever even have the opportunity to face someone above him, making every match up one that will decrease his opponent rank.

• Upvote 3

I know this is for Best New Manager - what I was saying is that if Uniconor believes that David Brent shouldn't get best new manager due to poor competition, then under the same standard he should believe that Dean Sutherland shouldn't get best manager.

Whoevever negged this is an idiot - I made a valid logical point about a double standard.

• Downvote 2

OK, my bad - I didn't know you could do that and it would show the stars.

But what about this: If you believe David Brent shouldn't get best new manager due to poor competition, by the same token/standard you should also believe that Dean Sutherland doesn't deserve best manager.

Exactly my point. On the other thread they said it was messed up and didn't matter though. By I guess it mattered here?
  • Upvote 1

Ahh, I see what you're saying. I think there is some validity to that argument and the fact that the top guys will usually have a low competition ranking, but David Brent is still leaps and bounds above everybody on that list and the only time I've ever seen him speak on the forums, he usually comes off as an asshole. So, if people don't want to vote for him because of that, I think that's their right.

I've only crossed paths with him in-game at PFC, but he's never responded to me, so I can't really speak on the matter either way.

At the end of the day, the votes will be decided by the users. LOD has the biggest group of members, so I'm sure they'll get their fair share of awards, whether they're deserved or not.

Ahh, I see what you're saying. I think there is some validity to that argument and the fact that the top guys will usually have a low competition ranking, but David Brent is still leaps and bounds above everybody on that list and the only time I've ever seen him speak on the forums, he usually comes off as an asshole. So, if people don't want to vote for him because of that, I think that's their right.

I've only crossed paths with him in-game at PFC, but he's never responded to me, so I can't really speak on the matter either way.

At the end of the day, the votes will be decided by the users. LOD has the biggest group of members, so I'm sure they'll get their fair share of awards, whether they're deserved or not.

This I don't agree with. None of these awards should be popularity contest. All the awards should be who or what the best is no matter what people think of the manager. If David or Rabid are the best new commers, then they should be recognized as the best. It shouldn't matter that they might be assholes.

This I don't agree with. None of these awards should be popularity contest. All the awards should be who or what the best is no matter what people think of the manager. If David or Rabid are the best new commers, then they should be recognized as the best. It shouldn't matter that they might be assholes.

I agree with this.

And I vote for David Brent. If you're a noob with all/mostly young fighters, of course you're going to fight other young fighters and he can't help it if the others aren't as good as him.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Exactly my point. On the other thread they said it was messed up and didn't matter though. By I guess it mattered here?

The reason it was used in the other thread and why the flaw applies so heavily to Dean is Dean was No. 1 for most likely longer than anyone in the game this year and he also had the number one p4p fighter in the game for quite awhile until he retired him. He also has up and coming project because he likes to stagger the IDs of his projects which is smart which is all going to result in him having a bad competition rating because that's how the system works and how it's flawed. When your the number 1 manager, every competitor is worse than you in the system.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

The reason it was used in the other thread and why the flaw applies so heavily to Dean is Dean was No. 1 for most likely longer than anyone in the game this year and he also had the number one p4p fighter in the game for quite awhile until he retired him. He also has up and coming project because he likes to stagger the IDs of his projects which is smart which is all going to result in him having a bad competition rating because that's how the system works and how it's flawed. When your the number 1 manager, every competitor is worse than you in the system.

That same theory applies to both David and Rabid. I think Rabid is 15 now? That means there is only 14 people better than him in the game. That means that the odds of him facing someone higher than him is slim to none because almost all oh his fighters are projects. David is 20 I think. That means only 19 are better than him with the same situation. So I don't understand you're point. Is it more skewed for Dino? Yes, but that same skew is applied to Rabid and David just not as high as a rate.

• Upvote 1

Chill guys. It's all cool. I think everyone nominated in this thread deserves at least a nomination. This contest is very much subjective and the factors that matter are whatever are the ones you decide that matter when you're voting: rankings, opp rankings, activity, running orgs, companies, winning tournaments, being fun guy or being not a fun guy at all... everything, really.

I myself will vote for Dr.Octagon cause he runs a very good org and is committed to it and to managers that decide to have a fighter there, and because he's doing pretty good as a manager and his record/ranking/opp ranking are pretty good and noone could ever even think of accusing him that this ranking is 'artificial' in any way (due to cherrypicking unfair fights that benefit him or having biased matchmakers do it for him or any other reason) and because he has some good projects. Mainly though because he's a fun guy and actually a good manager.

PS. I didn't wanted to imply that others nominated are all those bad things Dr. Octagon isn't and are not all those good thing Dr. Octagon is. To think that would be a bad and inaccurate presupposition.

Edited by MBennet
  • Upvote 1

Chill guys. It's all cool. I think everyone nominated in this thread deserves at least a nomination. This contest is very much subjective and the factors that matter are whatever are the ones you decide that matter when you're voting: rankings, opp rankings, activity, running orgs, companies, winning tournaments, being fun guy or being not a fun guy at all... everything, really.

I myself will vote for Dr.Octagon cause he runs a very good org and is committed to it and to managers that decide to have a fighter there, and because he's doing pretty good as a manager and his record/ranking/opp ranking are pretty good and noone could ever even think of accusing him that this ranking is 'artificial' in any way (due to cherrypicking unfair fights that benefit him or having biased matchmakers do it for him or any other reason) and because he has some good projects. Mainly though because he's a fun guy and actually a good manager.

PS. I didn't wanted to imply that others nominated are all those bad things Dr. Octagon isn't and are not all those good thing Dr. Octagon is. To think that would be a bad and inaccurate presupposition.

Thanks Max. Cooler heads always make better decisions, you may have won yourself a vote from me. *wink wink nudge nudge*

In the end these are all just awards in a game and I won't be upset no matter who wins.

I myself feel that manager historic record (and their fighters) of course comes first and foremost and takes up the vast majority of my voting process but there is still smack talk and how well said manager interacts with everyone else in my process. This is just my opinion of course.

• Upvote 1

I'm not voting for Rabid because:

1. He has given his fighters stupid names, for example "First Fist", "Second Fist", etc. This isn't setting a good example for new MMA Tycoon players and I don't want to vote for someone who would be setting a bad example.

2. Nearly every single one of his fighters has been signed up to an LOD organisation. This means he could have been given more favourable match ups than someone not in LOD.

Both points are comical really. I mean who cares what you call your fighters? None of the examples are abusive. It is like saying Dinoo should be voted out of #1 because he calls his fighters surnames Kersikov. As for Nearly every single fighter in a LOD org...................................have you noticed we have 16 orgs? The fact that he has fighters outside those 16 is a good example that he is actually tries other places out. Now, if he had them all in one or two orgs, you would have a very legitimate argument, but that is not the case.

The best argument against his candidacy is that he is not popular and generally disliked by some people, in which case make a separate award, one for best manager (based upon results) and one for the popularity award.

• Upvote 1

Both points are comical really. I mean who cares what you call your fighters? None of the examples are abusive. It is like saying Dinoo should be voted out of #1 because he calls his fighters surnames Kersikov. As for Nearly every single fighter in a LOD org...................................have you noticed we have 16 orgs? The fact that he has fighters outside those 16 is a good example that he is actually tries other places out. Now, if he had them all in one or two orgs, you would have a very legitimate argument, but that is not the case.

The best argument against his candidacy is that he is not popular and generally disliked by some people, in which case make a separate award, one for best manager (based upon results) and one for the popularity award.

To be fair, regardless of what the rules say or true purpose is... Don't most of these words end up becoming popularity contests to some degree? Not saying I agree with it but a popularity award comes into play with pretty much every award on a public forum, it sucks but when you like someone you tend to look at them in a different like than someone you can't stand. That really just comes down to the human psyche, not much can be done about that. A "popularity' award would just make these whole proceeding even more cliquish than they already are at times.

If Rabid cared about any words he might have tried to not be a complete dick to anyone who has slightly disagreed with him or expressed a different opinion. Then maybe he would have a better shot and people wouldn't discredit him anyway they can because he is who he is and make no mistake that guy is ignorance personified.

• Upvote 3

Nice edit - I see that you removed Dean Sutherland from #2 and removed a whole shitload of managers between the top and me to make it look like I'm worse than I really am. All you're doing is spouting anti-LOD rhetoric bullshit and editing screenshots to assist with that.

Lmao no edit just made the location New Vegas so it said your name in stars to embarass you on the forums. Looked like it works.

David Brents competition is ridiculous, you see how fucking high thay number is? He is a glorified can crusher. Deans is high because hes number 1 so when you'ee number 1 everybody else is lower - making your opponent ranking bad.

But you are making LOD look bad anyway, congrats

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Jesus what a cluster fuck.

I would quote a lot of people but it would make this post a lot longer than it should be.

Comp rating does not matter at all when factoring in new manager of the year or manager of the year. The system is one of the most deeply flawed systems in the game which says something.

The Kersikov name thing, jesus. There are a major difference between a Ukrainian family with reasonable names and common Ukrainian names (Hamish was prolly the worst but it is an actual first name in Scotland), and that of some stupid shit like first fist.

Next up on the list of stupid shit this thread has devolved into is people saying it isn't a popularity contest; it is. The only difference is when a fighter/manager/org has dominated the year that if you tried to argue against it you would look fucking stupid. Manager of the year for the past few years has been fairly cut and dry as the manager (apart from last year) pretty much dominated the full year and was easily the best.

This next part should be quite easy, how about the new comers can post their best 10 wins against managers (not fighters), so if they have a win for example against Klatz, Jorma, Templeton etc then post that here, that isn't can crushing. That is going against projects which belong to some of the best managers in the game. It isn't just slamming some other newbie into the ground who doesn't have a fucking clue how to play the game. If you have won a tournament or anything like that then list some of your accomplishments. People can look through them and compare the differences and vote intelligently on the subject. It may sound a little pompous but we generally do not get to see what the top new managers are doing because breaking into the top during your first year is very difficult, it would be nice if the nominees would try to sell themselves a little.

Now for my main gripe, please stop comparing what new managers are doing compared to the guys going for manager of the year. The difference is fucking crazy, when you are talking about manager of the year you are discussing guys who have #1 p4p fighters and multiple fighters across many weight classes at the top. If a new manager got anywhere close to that during their first year then shit, this wouldn't even be a competition.

The last thing is I am an asshole, i openly call myself an asshole. I am very blunt and don't tolerate bullshit very well in this game. As of right now, I'd vote for Max Bennett to be new manager of the year, simply because when i drafted him in GONY I took a look through the shit he was doing, sliders and his projects and was impressed by how far he had come along during the year. I have not looked at Rabid, David or really any LOD member because I haven't had to contact or fight them, plain and simple. It isn't any hate towards LOD members, i have openly said I do not mind a vast majority of LOD members and I do not hold any grudges against them because they haven't done anything to deserve it.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1