SFC Smack Talk

Boble

Sydney Fights a look into the title Race (Updated: 03/05)

To me the most important and one of the break or make criterias in an Org is the way titles are handed out and defended.

At Sydney Fights, we now have almost every title fight that, as we now reached a point, where it should be much clearer, who is ranked where, we will start to have Power Rankings. Please note, only fighters with at Least one Fight at a Sydney Fights Event will be ranked.

135:

Champion: vscant

1. Marcelo Barbosa (4-0)

2. Glass Joe (2-0)

3. Brain Fog (3-1)

4. Pinched Nerve (3-0)

5. Zac Hendal (2-0)

6. Nic Holey (2-0)

7. My Gal (3-3)

8. Kyoji Kubota (3-1)

9. Gary Dema (2-1)

NR(yet to debut): Daichi Kishimoto(3-1), Dieselnoi Por Pramuk(4-0),

Title Fight:

17/03: Barbosa vs. Glass Joe

Key Fights:

11/03 Dieselnoi Por Pramuk vs. Zac Hendal

11/03 Dema vs. Shevchenko (2-0)

No.1 Contender Fight:

17/03 Brain Fog vs. Daichi Kishimoto

24/03 Pinched Nerve vs. My Gal

24/03 Nick Holey vs. Joh Fabnik(5-1)

28/03 Kubota vs. Koshadze (1-1)

145:

Champion: vacant

1. Hodi Gardanbit(2-0)

2. Илья Муромец (5-0)

3. Sun Ming (3-1-1)

4. Silvio Dante (2-1)

5. Marcos Santana(2-0)

6. Half Life (2-1-1)

7. Derrick Ferguson (2-1)

8. Javier Dominguez (1-1-1)

9. Lartem Obov (6-1)

Title Fight:

10/03Hodi Gardanbit vs. Илья Муромец

Key Fights:

17/03 Dante vs. Obov

17/03 Santana vs. Monahan (3-1)

25/03 Half Life vs. Ferguson

155:

1. Pat Williams (5-1)

2. Petchuangtong Sitsongrit (2-0)

3. Bernardo de Barros (3-0)

3. Mirko Filipovic (2-0)

4. Max Luther (3-0)

5. Gennady Golovkin (3-2)

6. Pit Canthropus Jr (1-0)

7. Che Huu Mo (2-0)

8. Derek Johnson (3-0)

9. Keon Fazeli (4-1)

NR (yet to debut): Xavier Merlin (3-1), John MaGee(4-0)

Title Fight:

11/03 Williams vs. Petchuangtong

Key Fights:

11/03 de Barros vs. MaGee

11/03 Golovkin vs. Canthropous jr.

16/03 Luther vs. Filipovic

21/03 Johnson vs. Ban Bus(2-1)

23/03 Merlin vs. Huu Moo

23/03 Fazeli vs. Joints (1-1)

170:

1. Pyotr Petrov (3-0)

2. Mike Johnson (2-0)

3. Isbrand Gustav (5-1)

4. Blaine Callaghan (4-1)

5. Bruno Javier Jiminez (4-2)

6. Hanyu Lee (1-0)

7. Luke Melendez (1-0)

8. Julius Wolf (3-2)

9. Khalamedov Nurmagabeeb (2-1)

NR(not yet debuted): Kevin Daughtrey (4-0), Johnny Johnsen(4-1), Akira Harada (3-0)

Title Fight:

18/03 Petrov vs. Johnson

Key Fights:

10/03: Daughtrey vs. Johnsen

10/03: Harada vs. Melendez

25/03: Gustav vs. Dominguez

25/03: Lee vs. Rawlings (1-1)

185:

Champion: Big Asznee (7-0)

1. Wayne Benning (3-0)

2. Sergei Bumanov (2-0)

3. Tvica Iruscek (3-1)

4. Darth Bo (4-0)

5. Bobby Whittaker (2-0)

6. Travis Mitchell (2-1)

7. Gary Red (2-3)

8. Ciro di Marzio (1-1)

9. Jon Silva (2-2)

NR: (yet to debut) Mickey Diaz(2-0), Sammy Kilbach (4-0), Kollin Black (1-0)

Title Fight:

24/03 Asznee vs. Benning

Key Fights:

07/03 Kilbach vs. Jones (0-1)

10/03 Whittaker vs. Graumuller (1-1)

11/03 Di Marzio vs. Anderson (1-1)

18/03 Bo vs. Reid (4-3)

24/03 No. 1 Contender Fight: Iruscek vs. Bumanov

24/03 Mitchell vs. Alexander (3-2)

205:

1. Damatang Camara (5-0)

2. Mike Grey (2-0)

3. Mister McNasty (5-3)

4. Tristan Farsight (4-2)

5. Michael Wazowski (2-0)

6. Lars Hars (5-4)

7. Joshua Syracuse (2-0)

8. Yunieor Dorticosos (2-0)

9. Corey Smith jr. (1-0)

NR(yet to debut) Mauro Carnera (3-0), William Lindham (3-1), Cornelius Albatross (4-1), Mikey Tyson jr. (5-0)

Title Fight:

17/03 Camara vs. Grey

Key Fights:

07/03 Carnera v Lindham

09/03 Smith vs. Bronckhorsten (1-0)

09/03 McNasty vs. Wazowski

09/03 Syracuse vs. Tots (4-0)

18/03 Albatross vs. Bolt (4-5)

265:

Champion: Rick Piano (6-0)

1. Bill Shorton (4-0)

2. Rivo Riitta (2-0)

3. Travis Dillon (3-0)

4. Mark Borrego (2-0)

5. CJ Morrison (2-1)

6. King Hippo (2-1)

7. Brock Bolt (4-4)

8. Hans Nebel (2-1)

9. Nathaniel Strong (1-1)

NR(yet to debut): Gyukosho Fujimoto (3-0), Ivan Arago (2-3), Yoshioro Nakayama (3-3)

Title Fight:

10/03 Piano vs. Shorton

Key Fights:

09/03 Dillon vs. Steel (0-0)

10/03 Borrego vs. Arago

16/03 Bolt vs. Dogan (2-0)

17/03 Morrison vs. Nakayama

21/03 Hippo vs. Alexandrov (1-1)

21/03 Nebel vs. Strong

23/03 No. 1 Contender Fight Riitta vs. Fujimoto

265+:

Champion: Arn Anderson (3-0)

1. Ole Anderson (2-0)

2. Jeff Messer (2-1)

3. Harald Knochmal (1-1)

4. Harry Longhas (1-0)

5. Wladimir Yaroslev (1-0)

6. Matt Willis (1-1)

7. Ivar the Boneless (1-1)

8. Voshon Daniels (1-1)

9. Bwana Mkubwa (1-1)

NR: yet to debut: Hulk Hogan (4-2)

Title Fight:

A. Anderson vs. tbd

Key Fights:

09/03 Hogan vs. Knochmal

09/03 O. Anderson vs. Necktatoo (1-0)

09/03 Daniels vs. Kim (1-0)

16/03 Longhas vs. Yaroslev

16/03 Willis vs. Boneless

24/03 Mkubwa vs. Schmidt (2-0)

• Upvote 3

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14996517925826.gif

Bill Shorton #4 P4P (4-0)

Bill Shorton has agreed to an interview coming in to his title fight this weekend what follows is that interview.

Hello Bill thanks for letting me ask you some questions going into your title shot on the 10th.

“No problems Eric, happy to be here and pumped to get in the cage again.”

First let’s start from the beginning. What made you decide to join the SFC organization?

“I’d say that it was simply right place right time to be honest. When I turned professional and began my undefeated debut, my manager was about to push for my first contract when the offer arrived from SFC. A newer organization, made the perfect platform for me to start my career and really hammer down and improve my game.”

You have only passed two minutes in a bout once and then just barely. Do you think you have been truly tested yet?

“I think I have faced good tests, however I have far more many to face. My next opponent being one of them. I have heavy hands, and I like to throw in the pocket. If you stand and bang with me like my previous four opponents you’ll likely be out before 2 minutes passes. But, anything is possible, and my job right now is to be ready for anything.”

To follow that up Piano is considered by most to be the strongest fighter in the SFC do you expect it to be a difficult fight and what would you say your probability of a victory is?

“The strongest fighter in the SFC huh? Sounds like a title I might like to steal….. Look mate, Piano is a top talent there is no doubt about that. He has an impressive record, and is blood thirsty. There is not a fan or official that would dispute his dominance so far. The question is, has he faced someone like me before? Someone with the skill to match, the desire, and experienced management and the steel hands? I think not. Any fight can go any way at any time, I am not sure what my probability is in regard to numbers, I’ll leave that to the punters, though I will say despite being my toughest challenge yet, I am ready, and I am confident.”

My question is as follows: After doing the write up I picked your fighter Bill Shorton to lose. What do you have to say in answer to this fact?

"Managers and experts will have their opinions. None of them step in the cage with us. Plus.. I've read these reviews before and the strike rate of this orgs "experts" is very low. I like being the underdog, he's the champ, he deserves to be the fav. I'll tell the fans this much.. it will be one hell of a fight regardless of the victor. And with the odds betting on me will be paying.. I'd be betting on me to put this hero to sleep."

Piano is known as a very vocal fighter quick to insult his opponents, but has been quiet about his fight with you so far. What is your take on the silence and restraint he has shown so far?

“I can’t say I know him well enough to explain the change, I’d like to think it is respect, but who knows. All I can tell you is I will be facing him with respect, as he deserves it, may the best man win.”

Both of you are extremely powerful fighters with Piano even admitting to steroid use. Do you think that you are the more powerful fighter and if not how do you plan on compensating for this?

“Difficult question Eric. I can’t guess his power, and he cannot guess mine. I’ll know how hard he hits when, or if, he hits me. Same goes for him. I will say this though; through the hours of footage I have been studying in preparation for this fight I think that both of us have yet to face someone with comparable power. This also means that our chins are not yet battle tested. I can guarantee though that I will test his when my fist connects with his face, and we will see if the “Strongest fighter in the SFC” can stand the heat.”

Finally I have to ask how do you think this fight will end (IE 1st round KO, second round submission, etc)?

“I think we both know this fight will be a standing slug fest. Both fighters like to stand and bang, and hit hard, so I’d say there are very good odds that the fight will finish via TKO or KO, and given both of our work rates, I think that finish will come in round one or two. One if I have anything to do with it.”

Thanks for the interview and as a last aside do you have anything you want to say to your fans coming into the most important fight of your career?
“Thanks for the chat Eric. To the fans, come out and watch the fight, this is surely to be one of the biggest events in SFC history and could be the forging of a fighters legacy. Regardless of the result, the main event will be a barn burner, there will be huge haymakers, and lots of blood, that I know for sure. To my opponent, good luck, I’ll see you in the cage and we’ll see finally who is the beast of the SFC.”

• Upvote 1

Daichi Kishimoto

"Guys maybe I should go up to 205and show you how it is done because Tristan my Team mate Logan Mckibbon whooped you and now he went to continue his career as a fitness instructor and mma and muaythai coach. While I am still here younger, hungrier and well I have beaten Logan many times in training so I don't know why you 2 are bitchin your nothing(said with the Conor McGregor voice) I guess your wondering why I am going after 2 205lbs guys while I am chilling in the bantamweight div well it is simple I need someone to talk trash to since my opponent is quiet as a mouse guess he knows what is coming...so I am in the mood to get some motivation with trash talk!!!COME AT ME BITCH

Daichi Kishimoto

"Guys maybe I should go up to 205and show you how it is done because Tristan my Team mate Logan Mckibbon whooped you and now he went to continue his career as a fitness instructor and mma and muaythai coach. While I am still here younger, hungrier and well I have beaten Logan many times in training so I don't know why you 2 are bitchin your nothing(said with the Conor McGregor voice) I guess your wondering why I am going after 2 205lbs guys while I am chilling in the bantamweight div well it is simple I need someone to talk trash to since my opponent is quiet as a mouse guess he knows what is coming...so I am in the mood to get some motivation with trash talk!!!COME AT ME BITCH

Kurt Wagner: If you're looking for some trash talk the door is that way little man. If you actually want to step up then do so. Everyone knows I'm the anyone, anywhere, anyday type.

Kurt Wagner: If you're looking for some trash talk the door is that way little man. If you actually want to step up then do so. Everyone knows I'm the anyone, anywhere, anyday type.

Daichi Kishimoto

"Honostly Kurt I will get my blackbelt soon in BJJ then I letterly outclass you in every way possibly so do you really want to have a loss to a 135lbs guy on your record?"

Sydney Fights

SyFi 22

March 10th - Sydney - Hyashi’s Lounge

SyFi 22 looks to be one of the most action packed cards in SyFi history from start to finish as we have many people making debuts coming from outside organizations and many SFC vets continuing their careers with the organization. Most importantly its the first event where we have two title fights in the same card with the 265 pound belt and the 145 pound belt being fought over tonight. I asked Mr. Lineman what made him decide to schedule two title fights in the same night and his answer was: “Well with 8 weight classes, and usually 3 weeks in between fights, this may happen more often, I like to put the best events on Saturday and Sunday, that weekend feeling makes the atmosphere so tense and then 2 guys banging it out for a title is such a wonderful feeling, so expect more of this.Expect more we will. However, ignoring the fact their are two title fights you have to look at the quality of the matchup in the 265 pound division as well as the fact its already Piano’s second title defense. I had to ask Mr. Lineman if 265 was the best p4p division in the org, because Piano and Shorton are ranked #2 and #3 respectively in the organization (at the time of this write up). His answer was: “Oh on the top 265 is a class we shine in, SHorton vs. Piano will be such a big fight, and the good news is, we have more coming up, there are talks about a special one-.off-fight for Piano, dating back to an old rivalry, and we signed Gyukosho Fujimoto this week, who can easily become a No. 1 contender soon, I guess he brings as much talent as Shorton and Piano to this Organisation.Now that we you get a glimpse into the future of the org lets get into the action!

(1-0, 170 lbs) Ingo “Das Eichhornchen” Butzhammer

VS

(0-0-1, 170 lbs) Chris “CP3” Paul

Butzhammer showed himself to be a very cut and dry Muay Thai fighter in SyFi 1 and looked impressive as he did it. Lots of leg kicks followed up with dirty boxing that wore on his opponent. While he didn’t get the finish he did get a very one sided decision victory.

Paul is trying to get his first victory as his first mma fight resulted in a draw in the QFC against a fighter who also joined the SFC in Jem Mace. Very similar to Butzhammer he threw out a slew of leg kicks, but failed to use the clinch at all resulting ultimately in a tie.

Prediction:
This is a very tough fight to predict as both of these fighters come in with very similar styles and will be trying to win in the same way. The toughness of these fighters is going to a huge factor in this one, because both come in looking extremely tough in that department.

Winner: Ingo “Das Echhornchen” Butzhammer

After their first fights Butzhammer looked to be the more impressive fighter by a small margin, because Paul needs to show he can do more than just leg kick.

(5-3, 170 lbs) Gio “Gdp” Disa Pervart

VS

(1-0, 170 lbs) Steve “The Celtic Warrior” Collins

Pervart came into the SFC with a lot of QFC fights under his belt and looked average based on what we saw in those. In his SFC debut he defeated Ryan Rylie easily by dodging all of his takedown attempts and then knocking him out.

Collins similar to Pervart in his SFC debut showed his stand up ability against a man who failed multiple takedown attempts. He is a very intelligent fighter who appears to have good knockout power as well and can not be underestimated.

Prediction:

Both fighters love to fight it out on their feet and there is little doubt it will be an exciting fight where one of these guys is knocked out.

Winner: Steve “The Celtic Warrior” Collins

Pervart is probably the better boxer, but his ability to take a hit is questionable and I have to give Collins the advantage in this one.

(2-1, 170 lbs) Ty Banks

VS

(1-0, 170 lbs) Scotty Tuote

Banks recently joined the SFC from the PFF and won his SFC debut at SyFi 9 against Miller in a decision victory. Banks was on point with his takedown attempts succeeding in all of them, after which he began to rain blows down on his opponent in dominating fashion.

Tuote made his mma debut at SyFi 16 beating Weller with a couple well placed knees. Tuote had a fighting style that came as a surprise seeing as most people expected him to showcase strong wrestling skills, but he came in and crushed his opponent with knees from the clinch.

Prediction:

Normally I’d say Tuote should be coming in trying to take Banks down to win the fight from there, but as he showed in his last fight he doesn’t mind winning from the clinch. This makes it a difficult fight to predict as I have no way of knowing how Tuote will be fighting and Banks is similarly a fighter who can fight just about anywhere.

Winner: Scotty Tuote

Having no clue how exactly this fight is going to take place I give Tuote the advantage, because his manager is by far the more experienced of the two.

(2-2, 170 lbs) Evan “The Widowmaker” Lynn

VS

(2-1, 170 lbs) Rui “Hiena” Vidal

Lynn has had a very disappointing run in the SFC so far and coming in to his third fight in the SFC he will want to make a good showing of himself in order to keep his contract going. He has proven particularly prone to submissions and if this weakness has not been addressed you can expect him to lose again.

Vidal is 1-1 so far in the SFC both fights having ended early in the first round. He is a very determined fighter who prefers to fight it out on his feet and box. A victory here would propel him into the top half of the rankings with the other two fighters who defeated Lynn.

Prediction:

Lynn looks to be the fighter disadvantaged standing, but should have a clear advantage on the ground meaning this fight ultimately will come down to whether it stays standing or not.

Winner: Evan “The Widowmaker” Lynn

Lynn has proven that he can hold his own against the top, but his susceptibility to submissions has proven his undoing. Against an opponent with equal jiu jitsu I expect Lynn to have the advantage.

(2-0, 185 lbs) Bobby “Reaper” Whittaker

VS

(1-1, 185 lbs) Egon “Beast” Graumuller

Whittaker is 1-0 so far in his tenure at the SFC organization. He beat Folino at SyFi 11 in a decision win using his superior boxing, to control the match and get the win. If he can showcase his boxing again he should be able to get another victory.

Graumuller lost his SFC debut during SyFi 2 and has not fought since. It was a decision loss fought completely on the ground and could have gone either way. If he can get the fight to the ground their are very few opponents who can beat him.

Prediction:

Whittaker will need to keep his feet or he has little chance, but the same is true for Graumuller in that if he stays on his feet his chances of winning are extremely low.

Winner: Egon “Beast” Graumuller

Its hard to see Whittaker stopping any of Graumuller’s takedown attempts with his wrestling. Thus Graumuller is the clear favorite in this one.

(3-0, 170 lbs) Akira Harada

VS

(1-0, 170 lbs) Luke Melendez

Harada is here to make his SFC debut having won three straight QFC fights before getting signed to the organization. A good showing here could help him start off with good hype from all of the fans.

Melendez debuted in the SFC against Sazz in SyFi 13 with a knockout around 2 minutes into the fight. It was a great debut and a repeat performance against Harada another impressive rookie would put him among the best of the fighters new to the SFC.

Prediction:

Both fighters in this one are very reliant on their exemplary boxing skills and this should be an exciting fight with many blows exchanged. It will ultimately come down to who can hold out the longest under the pressure.

Winner: Akira Harada

In a fight between guys with equal skills the manager becomes the determining factor and Harada has the more experienced manager so his gameplan going in should help him get the victory in this one.

(2-0, 265 lbs) Mark “Bloodstain” Borrego

VS

(2-3, 265 lbs) “The Russian Bull” Ivan Arago

Borrego only recently came back to mma in SyFi 13 where he knocked out Grotin in the 1st round with ease. His background in KT has given him a lot of skill in boxing and he can not be underestimated if he can stay on his feet.

Arago has bounced from organization to organization with a poor record to show for it. Now that he has joined the SFC we will get to see if he sticks around or just like with the others he loses and leaves.

Prediction:

Borrego has the obvious goal of keeping this fight standing while his opponent Arago wants to get this fight to the ground at all costs. It will come down to who can keep the fight in their own domain and how much abuse they take in their oppositions area.

Winner: Mark “Bloodstain” Borrego

In a fight between two conflicting styles the skill that overlaps is the wrestling. Since Borrego is the superior wrestler I expect him to be able to keep his fight where he has the advantage and ultimately come home with the win.

(4-0, 170 lbs) Kevin Daughtrey

VS

(4-1, 170 lbs) Johnny “The Boogeyman” Johnsen

Daughtrey is another new addition to the SFC lineup coming in with four victories in the QFC most of which ended in the first round. His ability to end the fight is unparalleled and so far only one person has managed to weather the storm that is Daughtrey’s Muay Thai.

Johnsen has fought mostly in the QFC with two fights within other organizations going 1-1 in those two fights. Now that he has joined the SFC we will get to see what he really has to offer and what a fitting matchup being placed against another fighter who has much to prove.

Prediction:

Both fighters are out to prove themselves as contenders as newcomers in the SFC. Daughtrey has the advantage standing as long as he can get it into the clinch while Johnsen’s Jiu Jitsu would make short work of Daughtrey if this fight made its way to the ground.

Winner: Kevin Daughtrey

This is a tough fight to call, because Daughtrey needs to close with Johnsen giving him the opportunity to get a takedown. However, with almost equivalent wrestling skill I expect Daughtrey to abuse his opponent enough to get the win before going to the ground.

Co-Main Event - SFC 145 LB Championship Fight

(5-0, 145 lbs) Илья Муромец

VS

(2-0, 145 lbs) Hodi “Much Love” Garbandit

Муромец has fought twice now in the SFC having won both easily with early 1st round TKO’s. This is a man who has been in an organization for all of his fights and has worked for every victory without crushing any cans on his way here. He is one of the best fighters the 145 pound division at the SFC has to offer and he earned his way to this shot.

Garbandit also has two wins in the SFC with both also being via TKO just like his opponent. While he has no experience outside the SFC he is also a fighter who has fought his way to his chance for the title. With a similar skill set to his opponent this looks to be a great match.

Prediction:

Both fighters love to fight in the clinch and the winner will ultimately come down to who can fight more effectively from super short range.

Winner: Илья Муромец

Garbandit will be hard pressed to beat an opponent similarly skilled with the additional ability to pull clinch and try an end the fight through jiu jitsu.

Main Event - SFC 265 LB Championship Fight

(4-0, 265 lbs) Rick “Roidburg” Piano

VS

(4-0, 265 lbs) Bill Shorton

I don’t know what else there is to say about Piano he has proven time and time again that his power is too much for anyone who gets into the octagon with him. No one in the SFC has even made it through 45 seconds with this man as his opponent and in three bouts he has yet to be truly tested by an opponent. As the only person in the SFC who has defended his belt he is at this point in time the face of the SFC and their most easily recognizable champion.

Shorton is definitely the best fighter Piano has had to face up to now. While Shorton hasn’t ended his fights as quickly as Piano he definitely has the power to go face to face against the champ. He also has very highly regarded boxing and is decent in all other aspects making him a good all around fighter with an emphasis on boxing.

Prediction:

Piano so far in the SFC has only used his boxing, but in this one we might actually get to see his highly regarded wrestling skills. Against an opponent more technically advanced in boxing his wrestling ability will become important.

Winner: Rick “Roidburg” Piano

Shorton may be the superior boxer, but Piano’s wrestling ability will most likely prove too much for Shorton to stand against and he will be taken down and controlled from the ground.

-Eric Leoanrd

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon....php?FID=322833

"Sumāto Attack" Daichi Kishimoto

"I know my manager and your manager are in the same alliance, but mate i will whoop even Corey "Little Thunder" Smith Jr 's Ass even if he is 60lbs heavier I will use my ESTANT Skills! I will not stop untill I have the Gold I deserve!even if I have to lose and train again i will not stop EVER!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/40/40w39.jpg

Corey "Little Thunder" Smith Jr.: Whoa, there, little man! I don't think you understand how this works. We are team mates. If we were in the same weight division, then yeah... I'd fight you and when it was all over, it's all just business, but you calling me out when I am not in the same weight division as you just looks psychotic. To say nothing of the fact that I would snap your tiny ass in half. Don't try and run with the big dogs. Just stay on the porch with the puppies. Pump the breaks and I'll even train with you to help get you ready for the next fight, but step in the cage with me and all bets are off.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/40/40w39.jpg

Corey "Little Thunder" Smith Jr.: Whoa, there, little man! I don't think you understand how this works. We are team mates. If we were in the same weight division, then yeah... I'd fight you and when it was all over, it's all just business, but you calling me out when I am not in the same weight division as you just looks psychotic. To say nothing of the fact that I would snap your tiny ass in half. Don't try and run with the big dogs. Just stay on the porch with the puppies. Pump the breaks and I'll even train with you to help get you ready for the next fight, but step in the cage with me and all bets are off.

Daichi Kishimoto

"Like I mentioned in a later post, I am not coming after you just wanted smacktalk honostly I need some fuel for the fight against fog...and I bet you that you will jot just snap me in half! But like you said you and I are team mates...so sorry mate I didn't mean to come after you just needed some fuel and I have it"

Sydney Fights

SyFi 23

March 11th - Hyashi’s Lounge - Sydney

(0-0, 155 lbs) “Boston” Bob Madden

VS

(0-1, 155 lbs) Jorginho Marcelo

Madden has yet to fight and is making his debut here at the SFC. He has been training for a year and some change in order to make his debut more spectacular having learned a lot more than normal. He has been working on his wrestling jiu jitsu particularly and how he uses those will decide whether he can win the fight or not.

Marcelo is 0-2 in grappling and 0-1 in mma fights and he needs to reverse the backwards trajectory he is on. His skill set is very similar to his opponents’ with lightly better wrestling, but worse ability standing.

Prediction:

Both fighters will be trying to take this fight to the ground and how they perform on the ground will be the determining factor in who comes away with the victory.

Winner: Jorginho Marcelo

Its difficult to call this one, because both fighters are very similar, however Marcelo has experience grappling against black belts whereas Madden is a newcomer with no experience as of yet.

(1-1, 185 lbs) Carl “CJ” Johnson

VS

(4-1, 185 lbs) Reiner “Armored Titan” Brawn

Johnson has fought twice in his career winning his QFC fight and losing his SFC debut against a strong wrestler via submission. If he wants to win this fight he will have to have fixed his weakness to getting taken down or it will just be another repeat defeat.

Brawn has shown in his first 5 fights that he lacks the power and ability to finish fights. However, his wrestling is strong enough that he controls the fights from start to finish until eventually getting the decision victory.

Prediction:

This fight will come down to whether or not Johnson can keep this fight standing or not which ultimately depends on how well he trained after his last loss.

Winner: Reiner “Armored Titan” Brawn

Johnson has already shown a lack of ability in stuffing takedowns and I expect Brawn’s superior wrestling to be too much for him.

(2-2, 170 lbs) Tori “Ice” Kankunnen

VS

(2-2, 170 lbs) Conor Henderson

Kankunnen has gone 0-2 since joining the SFC and has recently branched back into the QFC to halt the negative momentum. This division has been hotly contested and so far we have yet to get to the point where we find out which fighters are the bottom and which are the middle tier, because the distinction has only been the top and the bottom at this point.

Henderson is 1-1 in the SFC, but his one loss came against an opponent with a 4-0 record so its not time to count him out yet. He looked very impressive in his first fight with a submission victory, but in his second he ran into a fighter who managed to navigate the ground game slightly better who got the decision victory.

Prediction:

Both fighters want this fight to go to the ground and have similar fighting styles. Whoever, ends up with the takedown will be the one with the advantage in this fight.

Winner: Conor Henderson

Henderson’s superior jiu jitsu should be the difference maker in a fight between similar fighters who have equal wrestling.

#9 (2-1, 135 lbs) Gary “The Mighty” Dema

VS

(2-0, 135 lbs) Vladimir “The Destroyer” Shevchenko

Dema has had mixed results so far going 1-1 with his loss having been against the man fighting for the title belt Barbosa. His victory was disappointing as his opponent controlled the match while he just managed to do the more significant things in the fight. Against the undefeated Shevchenko making his debut Dema will have to prove himself or fall into the bottom of the rankings.

Shevchenko as previously stated is here to make his debut in the SFC hosting a 2-0 record from QFC bouts both of which he won via submission. Dema will be a good test for the newcomer as Dema is considered a middle of the rankings fighter meaning a win shows he belongs on the top half and a loss shows he belongs in the lower half.

Prediction:

Shevchenko has the obvious goal of getting this fight to the ground where he has the advantage whereas Dema will try and keep this fight standing, because his advantage standing is signicant.

Winner: Vladimir “The Destroyer” Shevchenko

While their wrestling is equal I expect Shevchenko to be able to get this fight to the ground eventually resulting in him using his jiu jitsu to push his advantage and get the win.

(1-0, 155 lbs) Chief Thunder Rolls

VS

(3-2, 155 lbs) “Brass Monkey” Eddie Johnson

Rolls is making his SFC debut in this fight coming off of a victory in the QFC via a 1st round TKO. It was an easy victory for him as he took his opponent down then used ground and pound to get an easy win.

Johnson has won once and lost once in his tenure at the SFC losing to the man fighting for the belt in the main event of this card. He will try and put the newcomer in his place and show him that the SFC is made of stiffer stuff than the QFC.

Prediction:

Both fighters like to tussle on the ground and who has the better ground game will decide the winner in this one.

Winner: Chief Thunder Rolls

His brown belt definitely lends one to believe he has the advantage, but people beat those of a higher belt level all the time and you can’t assume he will win easily.

(1-1, 185 lbs) Eric “The Barbarian” Anderson

VS

#8 (1-1, 185 lbs) Ciro Di “Immortal” Marzio

Anderson won his first SFC fight by outworking his opponent in the clinch. It was a decision win and he won through sheer busyness throwing over 100 punches in the clinch while his opponent threw 0.

Marzio on the other hand believes in efficiency using only 11 punches (landing 6) to knock his opponent out early in the first round. His heavy hands are frightening to go up against and he will look to continue his climb in the 185 lb division.

Prediction:

Both fighters like to fight on their feet, however Anderson much prefers to fight from the clinch whereas Marzio would prefer to fight from a distance. The winner of this one will prove himself as one of the top stand up fighters in the division.

Winner: Eric “The Barbarian” Anderson

I’m going with this fighter almost against my own judgment, but I just feel Anderson’s intelligence will shine through and through his use of the clinch he will control the fight from start to finish not allowing Marzio to use his boxing to full effect.

#5 (1-0, 155 lbs) “Son of the First Man” Pit Canthropus Jr

VS

#6 (3-2, 155 lbs) Gennady “Gennadyevich” Golovkin

Canthropus Jr is out to get out of his father’s shadow and in SyFi 11 he showed that his chances of doing so are not too shabby. He showcased very clean technically sound stand up taking his opponent down in the first minute of action with a knockout.

Golovkin is 2-0 so far in the SFC and has made a strong case for himself as a top contender in the 155 pound division. A win here would probably earn himself a shot at the 185 pound title.

Prediction:

Both fighters love to box, but as Golovkin has an advantage boxing, but little in the way of other skills I expect Canthropus Jr to try and clinch or even takedown his opponent and the fight will revolve around whether or not Golovkin lets him.

Winner: “Son of the First Man” Pit Canthropus Jr

Canthropus’ game is just too diverse for Golovkin and unless he just stands and fights boxer to boxer I expect him to get the win whether from the clinch or from the ground.

#5 (2-0, 135 lbs) Zac “Attack” Hendal

VS

(2-0, 135 lbs) Dieselnoi Por Pramuk

Hendal has earned himself the number 5 ranking in the 135 pound division with just one fight, but he was very impressive winning via TKO about half way through the first round against Baxter. His power is no joke as he showed in his last fight knocking his opponent down through his guard and winning the fight without landing a punch (according to the judge’s scorecards).

Pramuk is a very highly regarded rookie coming into the SFC. Lineman neglected to put him in the top 10 only, because he had yet to make his debut in the organization, but the fact that he started him off against the #5 seed goes to show how highly he praises Pramuk’s showing at the RISE KT org.

Prediction:

Both Hendal and Pramuk like to fight from the clinch and who has the better gameplan and training leading up to the event will get the win in this one.

Winner: Dieselnoi Por Pramuk

Pramuk comes in widely regarded for a reason and I expect his past in the KT org will help him copiously in this match up against a fellow muay thai fighter.

#3 (3-0, 155 lbs) Bernardo De Barros

VS

(4-0, 155 lbs) John “Ulick” MaGee

De Barros has proven that his ground game is no joke by winning two fights in a row via arm bar since joining the SFC. All of his mma fights have ended by submission before the fight could even get to the minute mark making him one of the best jiu jutsu artists in the 155 pound division. A showing here right before the title fight could earn him a spot in the next title fight.

MaGee is yet another promising rookie, joining the SFC with 4 straight victories in the QFC with only one being decided by the judge’s scorecard. His strongest skill set would be his Muay Thai and he has shown himself to be deadly from the clinch abusing any opponent unfortunate to get caught.

Prediction:

While MaGee is a solid Jiu Jitsu artist he is not nearly as strong as his opponent in that regard and as such will need to keep it in his strength the clinch. If this fight goes to the ground De Barros’ impressive grappling will take the victory.

Winner: Bernardo De Barros

I expect De Barros to solidify his spot at the top of the rankings in the 185 pound division. While his wrestling isn’t particularly impressive, his opponent’s is even poorer and as such I expect this fight to get to the ground where De Barros is completely in his element.

Main Event - SFC 155 LB Championship Fight

#2 (2-0, 155 lb) Petchuangtong Sitsongrit

VS

#1 (5-1, 155 lb) Pat Williams

Before we get into my preview of this fight I asked Sitsongrit for his background and what he would like the fans and or other fighters to know about him. His answer: “Petchuangtong is one of many brothers who resorted to muay thai. His family moved from Isaan in the northeast to Bangkok when he was a baby and since his parents had to work endless hours in the rice factories, he and his brothers lived at the Sitsongrit camp from Mon-Sat and would only return home on sundays when they would then help selling homegrown fruits and vegetables at the food market.
One of the older brothers showed outstanding speed, reflexes and fight IQ and turned out to be the camp's greatest fighter and one of muay thai's most respected "muay fimeu's" (technical, well rounded-style fighter). That was Petsaktong Sitsongrit. "It was easy to train him. He was dedicated, he was strong. He made us a lot of money through gambling", says Put, the camp's head coach and main pad holder. Some would wonder if all the family blood's finesse went to Petsaktong, as the younger Petchuangtong would try to emulate his brother's style without much success.
Petchuangtong was lazy and would always half ass the morning run, the situps and the clinchwork sessions. That would show in his fights as he never picked up a win at the main stadiums in Bangkok. He ate too much and quickly ballooned up in weight and was only still accepted in the camp due to some sort of gratitude towards his older brother. When he learned about Mr. Theksit Ruengroung's MMA venture and recruiting in the camp he quickly offered his services. "I don't wanna slave away in the stadiums like my brother. I'm smart." he says.

He said he would beat foreigners with ease and even though he did just that in his first two fights, we can only wonder what will happen when he ends up on the ground. A technical fighter in Thailand, Petchuangtong emplyed more of a "muay mat" style (aggressive fighter who relies on punch-kick combinations) in his MMA fights so far. According to the tile challenger "Farangs are soft. They wouldn't survive a day in my homeland".
He plans on taking over the MMA scene is Sydney by simply storming his way through his opponents - "All of these MMA fighters are stiff and slow. They move around too much in an awkward way. It's funny."

He has big words to say and seeing as he introduced himself I’ll leave it at that, however his opponent in this one comes in as the #1 seed and deserves an intro as well. Williams has won two fights in the SFC against Sugg and Davis both in the first round in impressive fashion. If there was any fighter in the 155 lb division who could give Sitsongrit a run for his money its this man.

Prediction:

Sitsongrit has the clear advantage standing and although Williams has good Muay Thai Sitsongrit is vastly superior to him. As such I expect Williams to try and takedown Sitsongrit or pull guard if he can manage to clinch.

Winner: Petchuangtong Sitsongrit

Williams’ takedown ability is not nearly up to the task of taking Sitsongrit down as such I expect Sitsongrit to keep this fight standing and win via TKO.

• Upvote 3

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/11/11w20.jpg

Voshon "The Pain Train" Daniels: Booya!!!. Welcome to da big leagues, baby! This ain't no QFC. I'm puttin' the Super Heavies on notice, baby! The Pain Train is rolling through this bitch and you better get out the way or get run down! Hell, yeah! Five seconds... I call that a mercy killing. I killed the career of some fool that doesn't belong up in this division. Maybe cut weight and try your luck down in the Heavyweights... No... wait... that shit ain't gonna work for you neither. Rick Piano is waiting for his next meal down there, and, baby... He will eat you alive. You need some of them steroids Rick claims he takes cause you step in my path again... and the Pain Train is gonna keep right on rolling through, baby!

• Upvote 1

The big fight has happened, before recapping the weekend in detail, let me praise the big event we had, highest attendance, highest rating, skillful fighters, heavy KO, banging fights, 1 new champion, 1 old Champion,

go follow SyFi and go big with us.

Congrats to Rick Piano, more details about the weekend tommorow, as the 155 gunners wrap it up tonight.

Hehe, well, the only guy you have in my Org so far is far from a Gatekeeper.....

Hey Boss that mail you sent about matchmaking was very insightful. I'd never thought about the value of a gatekeeper to an org.

Some of my guys will demand much more money when their contracts are up now!

• Upvote 1

Weekend Recap:

Friday, March 9th:
Friday night got us going with the big boys, packed atmosphere at Underground with 972 fans, the menu was set to give us a new No. 1 Challenger at 265+, and we got Ole Anderson, brother of Champion Arn Anderson. So it will be a brothers fight coming up in 2 weeks, in other 265+ action Harald Knochmal and Voshon Daniels scored big wins.
In other Action Mister McNasty placed himself as Top Contender at 205, and Travis Dillon looks a force at 265.
Fight of the night: Benjamin Bronckhorsten vs Corey Smith Jr
KO of the night: Travis Dillon
Sub of the night: Ole Anderson
Saturday, March 10th:
For the first time SyFi moved into Hiyashis Lounge, and 2000 Sydney FIght Fans waited for the big one. Rick Piano vs. Bill Shorton, and they didn't get disappointed, hard KO action followed, Piano needed 1:59 to get his opponent on the ground and out. He remains 265 champ, and will face a non-title storyline to the past fight next.
At 145 Илья Муромец became the first champ, a classy 3rd round KO against tough challenger Hodi Gardanbit.
In other action Akira Harada made an impressive SyFi Debut, and along with Kevin Daugthrey moves into 170 contendership.
Fight of the night: Илья Муромец vs Hodi Garbandit
KO of the night: Akira Harada
Sub of the night: Egon Graumuller
Sunday, March 11th
It was the night of the smaller classes, with 155 in the spotlight, Petchuangtong Sitsongrit became the first 155 champ, with an impressive first Round KO win. In the CO Main Event Bernardo de Barros took thew step up, and will be the new No. 1 Challenger, alongside Genady Golovkin looked to move up to title contention. At 135 Dieselnoi por Pramuk showed his class, and showed a SyFi debut, that moved him straight into the title picture.
Fight of the night: Gary Dema vs Vladimir Shevchenko
KO of the night: Ciro Di Marzio
Sub of the night: Bernardo De Barros
  • Upvote 2