Crucible Fights: Amsterdam (ID 190k)

Dee

We're in John Hetfield's office, where one of Scrapyard's super heavyweights is sitting; David Mustayne.

Apparently Mustayne has a few things to say about Scrapyard and his upcoming fight with Sergei Mironov.

"That's right, David Mustayne here! The Rock n Rolla! Some of you may know me from the Heavystar promotion, which shut down for reasons unknown. Obviously I didn't wanna sit too long on my big ass, so I signed a deal closer to home, with Scrapyard!

Scrapyard is a promising promotion and I know that I can go far with the company. I'm looking forward to my first fight on the very first card. Fighting against a tough guy named Sergei Mironov. He seems to have some solid wrestling and BJJ, and decent striking I'd guess. Imma be cocky and say it ain't as good as mine though! I don't think I'll have a chance, once again, to showcase the striking as I am expectng Sergei to use his wrestling to go for a grappling contest. We'll see who has the better ground skills then. I'm coming off two submission wins and those wins even made me more confident in my BJJ skills. This Rock n Rolla is gonna go on a roll within Scrapyard and I'm looking to get my first championship here! So come to the show and support me and orginization! Dontcha wanna see me get my first win with them live?! Come on!"

Mustayne showed a bit of character with the things he spew from his mouth, but it's all in good fun and it brings a little bit of entertainment value.

• Upvote 2

Scrapyard Noob Guide Pt.2 (First part got lost somewhere lol but it was about sponsorships so no biggie)

CLICK HERE FOR THE OFFICIAL FIGHT TACTICS GUIDE

Under here I stole from the forums some useful(?) fight tactics. These are not official so if you lose becouse of these don't complain to me please. There are too many variables and you have to try different stuff for yourself too! =)

- to take a guy down - 5-20% takedowns

- to defend takedowns - 70-95% counter

- most of the time keep striking power from 0-80/90 (doing high power usually gasses you out)

- dont be afraid to use "see how it goes" slider, but test with it to see the differences.

- on the ground, be a little active even if you want standups.

- keep your try to stand up slider between 0-50

- keep your try to break clinch between 0-35

- if you want a separation within the clinch (break clinch) sometimes a failed takeodwn results in a break up.

- leg kicks are very easy to land and body kicks take more energy

- keep combos to less than 30%

- stand up aggression should usually be under 80% more often under 60%

http://www.mmatycoon...hp?title=Morale

Main points:

- After your fighter has had his two first fights - win or lose - the basic clothing (magic white shirt and shorts) won't keep your morale up anymore -> you need to buy new clothing.

- Buying clothing from the stores (Highstreet) and using the new gear (Possessions) gives your fighter a small boost in morale every day (as long as the clothing quality is above 146 I believe). So keep changing the clothing to a new ones when they wear out.

- Less morale means less performance in fighting and in training!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1360325670SY1.jpg

Event recap with (attempted) comedy flavor brought to you by Dee Early.

It was an amaaazing inaugural show for the Scrapyard organization. Paddy O’Malleys Bar in downtown Amsterdam made record sales of booze and it had a bunch of bone crushing, brain scattering fights with only one fight going to distance! It got pretty heated up in there at some point and couple outside of the ring brawls broke up but it seems like that happens there every night so no biggie. All right let’s start the recap…

10. (265) Pahainen Viskoja vs Blake Landon: Viskoja KO (Head Kick) 2nd 03:07

9. (185) Piston Hyundai vs Wladimir Putin: Hyundai TKO (Strikes) 2nd 01:55

8. (170) Renka Susi vs Crazy Dog: Susi TKO (Strikes) 1st 01:21

7. (185) Joe Palmer vs Kumron Nooprom: Palmer TKO (Strikes) 1st 00:30

6. (265+) Sergei Mironov vs David Mustayne: Mironov TKO (Cut) 1st 01:57

5. (185) Kalervi Outolempi vs Adam Jensen: Outolempi KO (Punches) 1st 01:37

Outolempi scored the $2000 KO of the night award!

MAIN CARD:

4. (170) Ronny Berntsen vs Saul Tigh

The crowd was well liquored up as our main card started. Both of these guys looked like they mean business as they bulldozed their way into the Scrapyard ring. We had heard that neither of these guys are particularly good on the feet so a grappling war was expected and that’s exactly what we got. It took like seven seconds till the fight hit the ground and the grunting began. Berntsen looked to be the more aggressive warrior of the two. He easily avoided Tigh’s sub attempts and threw couple of his own. Seemed like Berntsen had momentary lapse of concentration when a drunk toothless gypsy looking woman lifted her blouse and show him her “goods”. Berntsen capitalized and sunk in a tight triangle choke which put Tigh to sleep!! Whoaa that was strange finish… Well you know anything can happen in these bar fights I guess.

Winner: Ronny Berntsen by Submission (Triange) 1st 01:32

Berntsen collected the sub of the night award from his efforts.

3. (265) Piotr Jazwinski vs Grigori Rasputin

Jazwinski vs Rasputin… Sounds like we have an eastern bloc ass whooping showdown coming up next! Jazwinski came out bouncing up and down like Clay Guida on speed. On the other side of the ring a stoic Rasputin just stood still and stared down his opponent with a bit of dim look on his face. When the fight started it was a whole lot of mindless flailing with almost nothing landing. Luckily for the restless and aggressive crowd the ground game of Jazwinski was a lot more effective and made a huge difference in this fight. Im pretty sure I heard someone cheering from the bar counter but Im not sure if it was for the fighters or because the bar made a booze selling record and the owner announced that it was a happy hour for the rest of the night. I suspect the latter. Jazwinski totally schooled Rasputin on the mat. Oh well. Not much to tell to our kids about this fight…

Winner: Piotr Jazwinski by Unanimous Decision.

2. CO-MAIN EVENT: (205) Khalid Al Mahyani vs Artor Guhtur

The happy hour was on and the crowd was on fire! It was getting late and the going was getting a bit out of hand on the bar side. That didn’t bother Al Mahyani nor Guhtur because it looked like both guys were focused and ready to do business! It was an intense staredown and when the fight started Guhtur refused to touch gloves with his opponent. That seemed to rile up Al Mahyani a bit. Guhtur smiled and then threw a monster of a over hand at Al Mahyani who smoothly stepped aside, grabbed Guhtur’s neck and clinched up. Have you guys ever seen the epic look on Rich Franklin’s face when Anderson Silva clinched with him in and started raining knees on the poor bastard? Well that was a lot like the face Guhtur had when Al Mahyani launched a barrage of knees on his opponent. Add a little terrify and confusion and you got it. Al Mahyani’s knees first took the life out of Guhtur’s body and then the consciousness out of his head. Pretty impressive stuff right there!

Winner: Khalid Al Mahyani TKO (Strikes) 1st 02:55

MAIN EVENT: (185lbs) Romulus Amular vs Jukka Lifflander

“And nooowww… ITT’S TIMEEEEEEeee *BURP* for the mainnn eveennntt of the *burp*eeevening!!” Well whadya know, the ring announcer was loadedtoo it seems. Actually, I think even few of the contestants today had a bit of a drink before a fight. Well anyway… The main event was a bit of a one sided pounding. And it was Amular who was swinging the hammer. Lifflander showed an exceptional heart considering he only landed one shot in the whole fight and took 8 minutes of brutal beating to the face and did not quit! After Amular’s post fight speech a HUGE brawl broke in the bar side which started a small fire and the water sprinkers went off. Hopefully everyone is allright. And we need to find us a better venue because that is CRAZY!

Winner: Romulus Amular TKO (Strikes) 2nd 02:57

Fight of the night because of Lifflander’s heart and Amular’s spectacular effort.

All OTN awards were $2000 each.

• Upvote 2

I am sitting here in Helsinki, Finland with Scrapyard's new signing Anabolinen Steroidi Jr. He fought in holmgang earlier in his career, but he had himself released so he could fight in Scrapyard. Let's find out why.

Interviewer: You had 3 fights left with holmgang, how come you are now in Scrapyard?

Anabolinen Steroidi Jr: I have two reasons, first of all, Jack Walian, the CEO of holmgang is missing, no one knows where he is, and his second man has to do his job. Second, and bigger reason was Andre Almeida. And i want to make a public announcement.

Interviewer: Wow, you put Andre in bad spot. If he doesn't answer, people will think that he is a coward. I would love to see that fight, but i have conserns that if Andre loses his next fight against Esko Majava, Dee Early, CEO of Scrapyard will unlikely match you and him.

Anabolinen Steroidi Jr: I don't personally care if Andre loses his next fight, this isn't about he deserving to fight me, this isn't about rankings. This is personal. Make this happen boss, and then i will fight anyone you decide to put against me. I want this fight so bad.

Interviewer: Could you tell us, why is there bad blood between you and Andre?

Anabolinen Steroidi Jr: We are training in the same gym, and we had our own episodes there, and now we don't spar, train or even talk to each other. Only way to solve things is to beat the shit out of him, legally in the ring. I won't do anything to him outside the ring, because if i do, he would call his mom, and make her to call the police and i would be fucked. End of story. I am leaving now.

Interviewer: I know who i want to interview next.

• Upvote 1

Andre Almeida took his time to respond to what he received on twitter. He set his PC in a gym, sit back and started VLog.

Andre: So...Someone tweeted me this interview, where Anabolinen talked about me. I don't really know what his problem with me is, I never hated the guy, neither do hate him now. He looks for a fight, ok. Let him do that, I don't really care. He can call me out, he can call Dee out, he can call Victor Creed out. I. Do. Not. Care. I have a fight coming up, and I won't let him get into my head, so I will just ignore him. I will ignore my haters. Say what you want, call me coward, fake, phony, ducking SOB...Really, I don't care. So say what you want, waste your time on this, I really don't have time for that. So, good luck Anabolinen, continue your run and do your best, mate. God bless you.

Andre shut down PC, stood up and get back to training.

• Upvote 2

Scrapyard Noob Guide pt.4 - Code Of Conduct

What's up you savages??

This weeks guide is more for everyone that just for the new managers. If you wish to be a respected manager one day you have to know how to deal with things here in mmatycoon. So check this out:

1. Answer to the fight and contract offers --- When you receive a new offer please react to it. DO NOT leave these hanging for long perioid of times! Whenever you choose to decline an offer you should state why. This way an org owner can react and adjust. Blank answers to do no good to anyone!

2. Read and answer to your messages --- Communication is vital in order to make the mmatycoon experience fun for everyone. Us org owners we do a loooot of sheparding. Everytime you answer to our questions / offers etc... you make our day a little easier. =)

3. Need contract box on my fighters page --- If you don't want to sign your project fighter or whatever please untick this box. This way your fighter doesn't pop up in the search list we org owners use. When you want to have a contract for him just tick the box again. Not very complicated lol but seems to be quite difficult to understand for some managers. :D:D

4. Show respect to each other --- Well this should be a no-brainer but it's the internet after all. =) I personally tend to favor a bit those managers who have manners and Im pretty sure Im not the only one. Make it easier for yourself and be cool.

5. Have tons of fun! --- The game kicks ass!

-Dee

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1360389995SY2.jpg

Event recap brought to you by very busy Dee Early (thus its gonne be a short one).

10. Paule Ostrowski defeats Patrick Mad via TKO (Cut) 03:43 1st

9. Frankie Ostrowski defeats Dantwan Lanifer via TKO (Strikes) 02:55 1st

8. Giant Tank defeats CP Mac via Unanimous Decision

7. Harry Tito defeats Ramadan Abdel Rehim Mansour via Majority Decision

6. Kyle Junge defeats Ian MaClester via TKO (Cut) 01:52 1st

5. Thiago Silva defeats Ruud Van Hall via Unanimous Decision

MAIN CARD:

4. (155) JP Takedown vs Dan Willomen

Both guys came in prepared and ready to do some scrapping. The bell rings, they clinch up and they measure up their strenghts a bit and then BOOM! Willomen dumps his opponent Mr.Takedown to the ground like a sack of potatoes. This seemed to wake up JP becouse immediately he started working from bottom and got his opponent in a loose triangle. Willomen defended well but JP adjusted and switched to a straight armbar. It was tap or snap for Willomen and luckily he chose to save his arm by tapping out! Slick moves from Mr.Takedown!

After 0:54 of round 1, we have a winner by way of Submission (Armbar). JP Takedown!

3. (155) Esko Majava vs Andre Almeida

A fight between two very talented fighters here. The Finn Majava showed huge heart by surviving an early storm from Almeida. In the first Almeida dumped Majava on his head and jumped on him like there was no tomorrow. Majava got his face busted up but he was never out. In the second round Majava came out guns blazing and head kicked the F out of Almeida. The strikes after was unnecessary and just showed how incompetent the ref was. Anyway, pretty nasty stuff!

After 0:53 of round 2, we have a winner by way of TKO (Strikes). Esko Majava!

2. CO-MAIN EVENT: (265+) Wing Tchin vs Jojo Benes

The crowd was getting fired up once the co-main event fighters walked in to the scrapyard ring. Tchin looked fresh and daisy while his opponent Jojo Benes looked like he had hard night of partying behind him. Hmm, strange. One would think you want to be 100% when going into a fist fight but I dunno, maybe it's his thing... The fight started, Tchin springed in the center of the ring and started raining punches. Tchin catches Benes with a right, a left, a right. It's raining punches and Benes forgot an umbrella! Another punch and he's down. This one is AAAALLLLLL over!

After 0:18 of round 1, we have a winner by way of KO (Punches). Wing Tchin!

MAIN EVENT: (265) Klay Bragee vs Gabriel Cylo

In our main event of the night we have the very first title fight in the Scrapyard history! The ring announcer went bananas, the crowd was in flames and the venue was shaking when these two fierce warrior climbed up in the ring. Blue you ready? Red you ready? FIGHT! The atmosphere was there but the fight did not deliver unfortunately becouse you need two to tango. From the first minute to the last Bragee dropped the hammer on Cylo while Cylo could not do ANYTHING. Gotta take my hat off for his heart but damn. Looking at the statistics Cylo landed ONE strike in 25minutes. He got mauled by Bragee. Congrats to the new heavyweight champ for the dominating performance!

Klay Bragee wins by unanimous decision!

Klay Bragee is the new heavyweight champion!

• Upvote 2

It's raining punches and Benes forgot an umbrella!

Simply great! :yes:

I look forward to participating in this "Zuffa" (for those who do not know, but I think it's difficult, the "Zuffa" is the holding company that controls the UFC, and that term in Italian, in my language, it means "brawl, street fight"...).

• Upvote 1

Noob guide of the week : org satisfaction rating

How do you know which orgs are the best ones to have your fighter in?

Well in all reality you can't know for sure but the org satisfaction rating tells you a lot! You can find the number from the org frontpage just under the org rankings. Scrapyard is rated 91% atm with 8 "votes".

How do you rank an org?

Click "Contracts" on the right. From there you can find a red cross and a green tick symbol in the right upper conrner of the page, click it. =) From here you can rate an org you have a fighter in from 1 to 10. You can be honest becouse the org owners wont know who voted what so it's completely anonymous. Personally I rate orgs by how active the owner is. IMO the communication is the key anyway. Recaps and other side stuff ain't bad either. A cool event poster always helps etc...

If you want to send an anonymous message to an org owner you can do it from the "contracts" page from existing fighter contracts. If you do this please bear in mind that Im not able to reply you becouse I don't know who you are. =)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1360403071SY3.jpg

Oi bugger!

The Spiral Of Violence -event's prelim card had many decision victories except couple nice sub wins but all in all the action was great!! The main card delivered and we saw couple highlight reel knockouts the will blew your socks off! Also, we almost packed the 1k arena with just couple seats empty. Couldn't be happier!

The bad news is that we wont have an event recap this week. Why? Well becouse Im busy as f*** and our other writer is not around either. He told me though that he will be able to deliver the recap next week so stay tuned guys and sorry for the inconvenience!

HUGE CONGRATS to the two new champs: Khalid Al Mahyani (Scrapyard LHW Champ) & Damien ONeill (Scrapyard SHW Champ) !! ONeill's backfist KO was truely a beatiful shot and fully deserved the KO of the night honors.

That's it for now! Train hard and fight easy guys!

-Dee

Noob Guide Of The Week : Energy and Conditioning

What is up you hooligans?? =) Time for this weeks newbie guide. This is an important one fellas!

1. The concept of energy vs conditioning is relatively simple. Take your fighter as a car: Imagine your current energy value as the size of your car's gas tank and imagine conditioning as the efficiency of the engine. If you have a low level of conditioning then you will burn through each litre of gas more quickly. The smaller your gas tank was in the first place (your energy value), the less gas you have to burn in the first place and the quicker you will run out of gas completely.

2. Energy level affects your training quality too: Basically the less your fighter has energy the less gains he gets from a training session. Also, the lower your conditioning level the faster your energy goes down in training. Personally I don't let my fighters energy go below 90-95% and I always work their condition up to at least wonderful.

3. If your fighter's energy goes below 90% please remember to rest couple sessions before your warrior has full energy again! If you let the energy level go way down it's almost pointless to even train.

4. Current energy level and condition skill affects weight cutting. If you're at full energy you can cut more weight. The better your condition skill is the more you can cut weight. Simple! =)

5. Come with 100% energy to the fights! This should be a no-brainer : you don't want to fight exhausted unless you're actually trying to lose the fight. =) At your fighter's profile there is a black weight symbol in the upper right corner of the page above "edit fighter details". From there you can see how much you have to rest before your fighter is back @ 100%.

6. Increase STAMINA supplements helps you train your cardio up! You get better gains to cardio with using this but don't use it with anything other than cardio training. =)

That's it! Now get your ass back to the gym and be ready to kick some ass come fight time! =)

-Dee

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1360408206SY4.jpg

Scrapyard 004 : Space Invaders - Preview And Predictions

Under Card:

10. (185) Mario Suco vs Melvin Reem - Reem will stuff quite a few takedown attempts and will control the stand-up.

Prediction: Reem by Unanimous Decision

9. (185) Adam Jensen vs Kenta Kobashi - If Jensen's chin holds it can go to a judges decision but I fear that Kobashi will find his targer early.

Prediction: Kobashi by KO (Head Kick) 1st

8. (185) Joe Palmer vs Mein Franz Diegler - Classical striker vs wrestler set up. If Diegler can eat a few shots he will take it to the mat and there I suspect it wont take too long before the ref is stopping the fight.

Prediction: Diegler by TKO (Strikes) 1st

7. (265) Grigori Rasputin vs Bronco Strunz - Two MT experts going at it. Rasputin has a bit better overall skills so for that alone I will pick him over Strunz.

Prediction: Rasputin by Split Decision

6. (185) Jukka Lifflander vs Wladimir Putin - If Lifflander can keep the fight standing with his better wrestling he has all the chances to pick his opponent apart with his crisp boxing. On the ground it will be all Putin.

Prediction: Lifflander by Unanimous Decision

5. (205) Artor Guhtur vs jayden Voorhees - Guhtur will pick his shots on the feet. If he can stuff the takedown attempts od Voorhees he should easily take this fight.

Prediction: Guhtur by KO (Punch) 1st

Main Card:

4. (170) Renka Susi vs Saul Tigh

Susi has an upper hand in the skills department. If he can execute his gameplan he should have no problem with taking the W to home.

Prediction: Susi by TKO (Strikes) 1st

3. (265+) Kristian Berg vs David Mustayne

It's most likely going to be a stand up war with two very good sluggers going at it. Or is it? Berg has 2 KO victories and a perfect 3-0 record. Mustayne on the other hand skill-wise is as good boxer but haven't had any KOs in his career. Insted he has used his purple belt BJJ skills to his advantage and has 2 sub victories. Since Mustayne has very little wrestling skills and has been KO'd before I have to go with Berg here.

Prediction: Berg by KO (Punch) 2nd

2. (170) Mibbe Ribbler vs Ronny Berntsen for the Scrapyard welterweight title

In our first welterweight title fight we have two strong ground guys facing each other. On the paper it's really even. Berntsen seems to put emphasis on submissions while Ribbler likes to put his hands on his opponent via form of ground and pound more. If Ribbler can secure the top position and keep it he should have the advantage. It's really hard to predict this one but Im gonna go with the more well rounded fighter Ribbler here.

Prediction: Ribbler by Unanimous Decision

1. (155) Anabolinen Steroidi Jr vs Nikola Mester for the Scrapyard lightweight title

In our main event we have two ground specialists going at it. Steroidi Jr is rocking a 5-1 record while Mester comes to the ring with a perfect 4-0 record. Both guys are really strong on the ground and has tremendous BJJ and wrestling skills. Steroidi Jr seems to be the more versatile fighter but I suspect that the striking skills of these guys will mean very little here. The better man will emerge on the mat. Both warriors have faced tough ground fighters before and it really is hard to predict this one. I tend to give the edge to the more versatile fighters so here goes...

Prediction: Steroidi Jr by TKO (Strikes) 3rd

Good luck gentlemen!

-Dee

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1361632894SY5.jpg

Scrapyard 005 : Riot! - Preview And Predictions

Under Card:

10. (155) Akiro Sata vs Ramon Pardoel - The key for Pardoel seems to be keeping this fight on the feet. Sata has better wrestling though so I think he will earn the W in this meeting.

Prediction: Sata by Submission - 2nd

9. (155) Giacobbe Ruotolo vs Big Dawg - Debut for both guys here. Standing up it's really even but if the fight hits the floor Dawg has the edge there.

Prediction: Ruotolo by KO (Punch) - 3rd

8. (205) Jeds Sunga vs Ruud Van Hall - Both are very good boxers with little ground skills. It's most likely gonna come down to who can take more punishment and since Sunga's chin has yet to be tested I think that Van Hall will take this one.

Prediction: Van Hall by Unanimous Decision

7. (265+) Ashley Gordon vs Wing Tchin - A striker vs ground guy set up. Im gonna go with the more well rounded fighter in Gordon here who will dominate in the ground.

Prediction: Gordon by Unanimous Decision

6. (185) Gennaro Trivieri vs Harry Tito - Trivieri will stuff a lot of takdown attempts here and will use his sharp hands to pick his opponent apart on the feet.

Prediction: Trivieri by KO (Punch) - 1st

5. (205) Jack Johnson vs Giant Tank - Im expecting this to be one explosive meeting. These two will throw down on the feet like there is no tomorrow. Tank has to look for not getting cut which has bothered him in the past.

Prediction: Johnson by TKO (Cuts) - 3rd

Main Card:

4. (265) Alexander Polyakov (2-0) vs Bo Juggernaut (2-0)

This one is gonna be a stand up war to look for! Polyakov has really solid kicking game while Juggernaut likes to use his exceptional boxing to his advantage. Which stand up school will take this - muay thai or boxing? I usually tip to the more versatile fighter but Juggernaut here has shown that he has dynamite in his fists so I have to go with him here.

Prediction: Juggernaut by KO (Punch) - 2nd

3. (170) Bob Gator (4-3) vs Tyc Oon (1-0)

Two very evenly matched guys going at it here. This one is a hard one to predict. Tyc Oon had his way in his debut but it was against already exhausted opponent which should've been a walk in the park if Im honest. But it wasn't and it actually went to the decision. Gator on the other hand seems to lack some morale atm so I don't know how motivated he is for this fight? This is totally random guess but I have to go with the more motivated prospect.

Prediction: Oon by Unanimous Decision

2. (185) Romulus Amular (5-1) vs Kalervi Outolempi (3-0) for the Scrapyard middleweight title

Scrapyard middleweight belt is on the stake here. I predict that this fight wont hit the mat at all and that these two will go through a gruesome 5 round stand up war! Amular has the more versatile skill set but Outolempi has shown he has what it takes to put people to sleep. If Amular can wether the storm Im predicting that hes gonna take it.

Prediction: Amular by Unanimous Decision

1. (265) Klay Bragee (6-4) vs Piotr Jazwinski (3-0) for the Scrapyard heavyweight title

Our current heavyweight champ Bragee will have his hands full with the up and coming wrestling phenomenom in Jazwinski. My prediction is that this fight will be quite straight forward. Jazwinski will take this to the mat with his huge wrestling advantage. On the ground he will look for openings to rain down some vicious punches. If Bragee can take it to the later rounds his odds will get much better but unfortunately for him I don't think thats gonna happen.

Prediction: Jazwinski TKO (Strikes) - 1st

Good luck in the fights everyone!

-Dee

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1361021565SY6.jpg

<006 • Cool As F...> - Preview And Predictions

Under Card:

10. (170) Crazy Dog vs Hao Wang - The fight itself is pretty even so my guess is that Dog's lack of morale will play a big part in this fight.Prediction: Wang by Unanimous Decision.

9. (205) CP Mac vs Damian Rogalewski - I think that Mac will put his superior skills in good use here and takes his first career W home with him.

Prediction: Mac by Unanimous Decision.

8. (205) Thiago Silva vs Frankie Ostrowski - Two young guns going at it. Silva has a monster of a clinch game while Ostrowski seems to be the more well-rounded fighter. You know me, my money goes to the more versatile fighter.

Prediction: Ostrowski by TKO (Strikes) - 2nd

7. (205) Arkadiusz Drwal vs Richard Verfuurt - A classical striker vs ground guy set up. If Verfuurt can keep this standing he will win this fight. I doubt that will happen though since Drwal has the better wrestling game. On the mat Verfuurt will get pummeled.

Prediction: Drwal by Submission - 1st

6. (155) Esko Majava vs Akira Azuma - Two highly skilled fighters locking horns in this fight. Azuma wants to take this fight to the ground while Majava will try to use his amazing Muay Thai skills on the feet. It's a coin flip really...

Prediction: Azuma by TKO (Strikes) - 2nd

5. (155) JP Takedown vs Paulie Ostrowski - I predict that Ostrowski will stuff a lot of takedowns in this fight. The question is will he be able to stop his opponent in time before the fight hits the ground where Mr.Takedown has a solid advantage.

Prediction: Ostrowski by KO (Punch) - 1st

Main Card:

4. (265) Gabriel Cylo (4-2) vs Fred Flapjacks (1-0)

No doubt that the better boxer in Gabriel Cylo will try to punch the head off Flapjack's shoulders right from the bell. Actually both guys are mainly strikers but Flapjacks can mix it up with a bit of takedowns too. Neither has particularly fantastic ground skills so Im sure they will square off standing and see who's the man. Flapjacks has a chance to take this if he puts all of his tools in use here and keeps his opponent guessing from the start.

Prediction: Cylo by KO (Punch) - 2nd

3. (170) Kalju Harju (1-0) vs Brabada Bango (4-2)

On paper this fight looks like a murder is about to happen in the ring. Harju is way more skilled in all areas except in BJJ where Bango has the edge. Bango seems to have a real issue with his morale. Put these two things together and Im sure you can't imagine this fight lasting too long.

Prediction: Harju by KTFO - 1st

2. (265+) Sergei Mironov (2-0) vs Kyle Junge (3-0)

In this fight we have almost 600 pounds of ripped muscle going at it in the ring. We have strenghtened the foundations of the Crucible -ring with some scrap metal so it should hold. Anyway, this fight could be a real barn burner if Kyle Junge's manager knew how to motivate his fighter. Seems like he too(!!) has a real issue with morale. Becouse of this Mironov will go through him with little effort and will submit or KO him on the ground.

Prediction: Mironov by whatever he chooses to do.

1. (155) Harald Hillgrund (5-0) vs Thahan Nantakarn (5-2)

In our main event of the night we have two very evenly matched fighter who both are fantastic wrestlers. Seems like though that Nantakarn uses his wrestling to keep the fight standing while Hillgrund has shown some great takedowns in the past. The problem is (for Nantakarn) that Hillgrund has a small edge in boxing. Will he disregard that and throw everything but the living room couch at him anyways? Whatever happens Im sure both of these guys are ready and will go 110% at it. May the better man win!

Prediction: Hillgrund by Unanimous Decision

Good luck in the fights everyone!

-Dee

• Upvote 2