Paul Walker, ‘Fast & Furious’ Star, Dead in Car Crash at 40

PBR

I read an article that said that they had no idea how fast they were going, but they were going to investigate it. I would say by the looks of the car, they were going WAY over 45mph!

I would double that times 3 or more. You don't crush a car like that at 45 mph. Even at 70 you would shaking up but still live to tell the tale. By the looks at what is left of the car which is not much. They were speeding very fast. Even if med was rivht there they could do shit for them. The front of the csr is in the back seat of the car. These guys were dead on impact so all the rushing to the scene wouldn't have been necessary.

• Downvote 3

I read an article that said that they had no idea how fast they were going, but they were going to investigate it. I would say by the looks of the car, they were going WAY over 45mph!

• Downvote 1

Guys he was just a passenger his friend was driving. Anyway he was trying to help the typoon victims in the philippines and this happens. Why do bad things happen to good people. RIP

He knew what he was getting into. He said he has race before so It wasn't like he jumped into a complete stranger car.at 40 yrs old. You should have be done with things like that. So now his daughter has to grow up without a dad because he wanted the neex for speed. Was it worth it.
  • Downvote 3

Only thing to keep in mind in speed of impact is WHAT he hit. Looks like it was a tree and then post or vice versa. When an object impacts another object the force is spread out as defined by physics. When a car hits a flat plane is has a LOT of square footage to dissipate and redirect energy so even a high speed wreck is survivable. However when you hit something like a decent sized tree or pole those are well anchored relatively small objects. 1) The force of impact is transmitted and spread over a very small area 2) that object moves very little while the rest of the vehicle around is moving at the same speed it was traveling at. My guess is 45 to 50 MPH impact speed, and when you hit a pole or decent tree broadside it will shear the car open. Car shears open, fuel lines, oil lines, tranny fluid lines all open and instant fire.

When are people going to start respecting cars. The car looked like someone kicked it from both sides. No way they were driving any where near the speexld limit. At 40 yrs fuck joy riding. Like Chappell once said. "If you didnt do it when you were young you just missed it" I don't feel sorry for them. I feel sorry for their familys. What if they had run over some kid trying to race their fancy car. What would they say to that kids parents. Sorry for running over your kid. We are 40 guys just trying to be kids. I'm just glad they didn't kill anyone. The same thing with mask. Racing and crashing killing himself.

Honestly not the time or place for you to be acting all high and mighty. People do things they shouldn't all the time. They made a mistake and they paid the price with their lives, show a little respect. You are bringing up hypothetical situations, well what if they hit a kid, what would they say to the parents. They did not hit a kid so its an absolutely retarded thing to bring up. They both died, and yes I do feel bad for his daughter and their families, but for them as well. He seemed like a cool guy as he has a history of charity work and seems to be a good guy who along with his friend made a mistake that cost them their lives you fucking tool.

• Upvote 1

Honestly not the time or place for you to be acting all high and mighty. People do things they shouldn't all the time. They made a mistake and they paid the price with their lives, show a little respect. You are bringing up hypothetical situations, well what if they hit a kid, what would they say to the parents. They did not hit a kid so its an absolutely retarded thing to bring up. They both died, and yes I do feel bad forppl his daughter and their families, but for them as well. He seemed like a cool guy as he has a history of charity work and seems to be a good guy who along with his friend made a mistake that cost them their lives you fucking tool.

Seems like you are the tool. So because he did a lot of good i guess its ok for them to speed or race on the street where people drive and walk around? I never said he wasn't a cool dude. The decision they took that day is what I'm talking about so go cool your foot tool and go talk to someone else. I have no need to act high and mighty so you must be high. We all make dumb decision from time to time but at 40 yrs man that's just you should have known better is all I'm saying and as to reply to anything you say means nothing to me cause you clearly missed what I was saying.
  • Downvote 2

Only thing to keep in mind in speed of impact is WHAT he hit. Looks like it was a tree and then post or vice versa. When an object impacts another object the force is spread out as defined by physics. When a car hits a flat plane is has a LOT of square footage to dissipate and redirect energy so even a high speed wreck is survivable. However when you hit something like a decent sized tree or pole those are well anchored relatively small objects. 1) The force of impact is transmitted and spread over a very small area 2) that object moves very little while the rest of the vehicle around is moving at the same speed it was traveling at. My guess is 45 to 50 MPH impact speed, and when you hit a pole or decent tree broadside it will shear the car open. Car shears open, fuel lines, oil lines, tranny fluid lines all open and instant fire.

Going 45-50 mph on a good day doesn't do that to a car. They would have to be going really fast. If it was a snowy day I may have agree with you but this is not the case. They were speeding way over the speeding and you don't lose control of a car like that at 45-50 mph. When you lose control of a vehicle you went over the natural speed of the car that is loses control. Wet weather. Ice snow. Speeding etc.

maybe right at impact, but i highly doubt they weren't going much faster and hit the breaks before impact. it only takes about 7 seconds to get a carerra GT over 100mph from a dead stop...

on a related note, i remember my great grandmother would never wear seatbelts, because someone she knew had died in a car fire because they couldn't get the seatbelt off in time.

on a related note, i remember my great grandmother would never wear seatbelts, because someone she knew had died in a car fire because they couldn't get the seatbelt off in time.

for over 10 yrs i was in the accident industry and seen more people die because of wearing seat belts then die for not wearing them -- there are pros and cons for both -- in the end seat belts laws were put in force just as a money grab and not really safety

http://www.heavy.com/entertainment/2013/12/paul-walker-video-crash/

If that was their car that crashed then they were going way too fast. you don't make an impact like that at 45-50 mph. they were either speeding or racing and crashed. Sucks. People need to realize that tracks are made for racing not public streets. if you want to race or feel the need for speed. spend some money and go on a track where you can do all that there. this is crazy shit.

Seems like you are the tool. So because he did a lot of good i guess its ok for them to speed or race on the street where people drive and walk around? I never said he wasn't a cool dude. The decision they took that day is what I'm talking about so go cool your foot tool and go talk to someone else. I have no need to act high and mighty so you must be high. We all make dumb decision from time to time but at 40 yrs man that's just you should have known better is all I'm saying and as to reply to anything you say means nothing to me cause you clearly missed what I was saying.

Im not saying it was right, it was a fucking stupid thing to do but you are coming in saying you don't feel sorry for the guys involved is what I was referring to. I feel terrible for his daughter who has to grow up without a father but what about him, he wont get to see his daughter grow up either. They did something stupid but so does everyone, Ive done plenty of things that could've gotten me killed in hindsight but I was lucky, I wasnt thinking of how it would affect people if I died. 40 yrs old or not we all to dumb things but most of us are lucky enough to not die. Im not saying it was right, im just saying have a little sympathy for the guy.

Going 45-50 mph on a good day doesn't do that to a car. They would have to be going really fast. If it was a snowy day I may have agree with you but this is not the case. They were speeding way over the speeding and you don't lose control of a car like that at 45-50 mph. When you lose control of a vehicle you went over the natural speed of the car that is loses control. Wet weather. Ice snow. Speeding etc.

He was easily going over 100 mph.

Yes he was going faster I'm talking about speed at impact, I could be wrong... I could be right about speed of IMPACT. We'll see what the investigators can piece together. Angle of impact also makes a big difference, trees/poles are a bitch and don't give.

And you are right, as someone who spends 40ish days at the track a year playing on the street is stupid. Plenty of tracks where you can play safely.

Yes he was going faster I'm talking about speed at impact, I could be wrong... I could be right about speed of IMPACT. We'll see what the investigators can piece together. Angle of impact also makes a big difference, trees/poles are a bitch and don't give.

And you are right, as someone who spends 40ish days at the track a year playing on the street is stupid. Plenty of tracks where you can play safely.

The track is a more control environment where as the street is not. I have seen worse crashes than that on the track and the car get total but most likely people walk away with injuries. In a regular street there is too much things that can easily cost a crash and most of them people die. That's why they urge people to race on the track and not on the streets. I don't feel sorry for the two that died. If they were smart and I don't care how much experience you have on the track racing on regular streets is a dumb idea. If he wad smart and cared about his daughter they wouldn't be racing on the streets. Yes. I have done similar stuff and was able to walk away but I could have gotten a racing and raced on the street. You know what I did. I took my money and brought a regular car that can take me from point a to b and I never crazed racing cars bikes I stay away from them. I know people who had these type of suped up cars and I am not friends with them anymore. I got older and wiser and know when to walk away. They wanted to race they got what they bargin for. If they were going regular speed they would be alive so what's the point to even argue. People get killed by these people all the time and when they kill themselves I'm cool woth that. One less racing car you have to worry about killing some one else.

Im not saying it was right, it was a fucking stupid thing to do but you are coming in saying you don't feel sorry for the guys involved is what I was referring to. I feel terrible for his daughter who has to grow up without a father but what about him, he wont get to see his daughter grow up either. They did something stupid but so does everyone, Ive done plenty of things that could've gotten me killed in hindsight but I was lucky, I wasnt thinking of how it would affect people if I died. 40 yrs old or not we all to dumb things but most of us are lucky enough to not die. Im not saying it was right, im just saying have a little sympathy for the guy.

There is no sympathy for someone who races or speed on the street like that. If he had killed someone or someone you know you would be one of the first person calling for his head so stop the bs about feeling sorry for him. They was blasting the car on a street that isn't a race track.

for over 10 yrs i was in the accident industry and seen more people die because of wearing seat belts then die for not wearing them -- there are pros and cons for both -- in the end seat belts laws were put in force just as a money grab and not really safety

when i was 18 i got hit almost head-on (maybe 10 degrees off of directly head-on) by a car going around 70mph (prob 55-60 at impact; i was only going about 5). i had been wearing my seat belt earlier, but didn't put it back on after stopping at a gas station about 2 miles before the accident. i face-planted into the windshield, bent the steering wheel with (presumably) my chest, and landed laying sideways with my head in the lap of the girl in my passenger seat (she had her seat belt on and was fine, other than bruises from the seat belt). i had a face full of glass, and it took about 3 hours and lots of stitches to get it all out at the hospital. i actually have a 1/4 inch shard of glass that's still under the skin by my eyebrow, and there's a chunk of skin missing from the corner of my eyelid (only noticeable with my eye closed and if i point it out). surprisingly i didn't even have a bruise on my chest from the steering wheel, and i still can't believe that i didn't get more hurt than i did. the only real lasting damage is from a partially detached retina, so i see a lot of floaters in my peripheral vision.

now that seatbelts have pre-tensioners and everything, i think it's prob safer to have one on the vast majority of the time.

This is why you keep it on the track.. much faster impact(data showed 130) with proper safety gear and hitting a flat plane.. it sucked ass for Chris but he was ok. Bottom end catastrophic failure (probably connecting rod failure, possibly rod bolt):

Directly behind Chris:

http://vimeo.com/39430282

This was from Ed who was about 10 seconds behind.. you can see me already running out to Chris, I had been paying attention so I knew who was coming and approx when... had no issues with running out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1EqprmNpYc&feature=youtu.be

This is the remnants of the right side.. lots of damage but survival cell is fine.

http://s14.postimg.org/ctwvbpaf5/Vette1.jpg

Here is another one from a driver who made a mistake at 9Alpha at Road Atlanta.. was passing a car on the outside, got in the marbles, put 2 wheels off drivers left and wrecked down the hill hitting walls on both sides. Driver and instructor were ok, sore but they got out of the car. Again the survival cell is in good shape while the rest of the car is destroyed.

http://s27.postimg.org/i93xb14lf/Vette2.jpg

Keep it on the track for god sakes!

This is why you keep it on the track.. much faster impact(data showed 130) with proper safety gear and hitting a flat plane.. it sucked ass for Chris but he was ok. Bottom end catastrophic failure (probably connecting rod failure, possibly rod bolt):

Directly behind Chris:

http://vimeo.com/39430282

This was from Ed who was about 10 seconds behind.. you can see me already running out to Chris, I had been paying attention so I knew who was coming and approx when... had no issues with running out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1EqprmNpYc&feature=youtu.be

This is the remnants of the right side.. lots of damage but survival cell is fine.

http://s14.postimg.org/ctwvbpaf5/Vette1.jpg

Here is another one from a driver who made a mistake at 9Alpha at Road Atlanta.. was passing a car on the outside, got in the marbles, put 2 wheels off drivers left and wrecked down the hill hitting walls on both sides. Driver and instructor were ok, sore but they got out of the car. Again the survival cell is in good shape while the rest of the car is destroyed.

http://s27.postimg.org/i93xb14lf/Vette2.jpg

Keep it on the track for god sakes!

Thats Crazy fast! and you said that he was completely fine?

Yes, I gave him a thorough going over. He was sore but all his limbs worked, HANS did what it's supposed to, cage held up beautifully. Saving grace was it was a "glancing" blow and then he slide down the track all the way to where he stopped.. so while it was a hard hit lots of energy was lost before coming to a stop which is huge in a wreck. The faster you stop, the worse it is. That's the difference between hitting a flat plane versus hitting a tree.