Fedor is the best fighter

jacky67

You guys are missing the big picture. Dan Hardy is the greatest fighter of all time. He is just getting old. That is why he has had those 4 losses at the end of his career. U mad?

Agree, just to bad the GSP fight didnt happen a few days earlier. UFC could have had the real WW champ.

Wow, MMA math! Lets see how that stands up. Fedor beat Nog 3 times, Nog beat Werdum, i guess Werdum could never beat Fedor right!

Claiming Nog beat Barnett "clearly" shows that you are not arguing facts but just trying to justify keeping the Fedor fathead above your bed by any means necessary. Both fights were about even. However, how Barnett matches up with Nog has nothing to do with how he matches up with Fedor. Same with Monson.

That's stupid fedor vs barnett was going to happen but barnett get caught with roids , nothing to do with fedor or m-1 global .

You just proved Fedor fight the best at that time .

Fedor is a good MMA fighter and definitely one of the best but not THE best. Every great fighter has losses but Fedor needs to prove that he can come back from these devastating losses from good fighters. The nand only then, will Fedor prove his worth as the best. He does need to earn a UFC title to make that happen because the UFC is the biggest and the baddest fight organization out there right now. If you aren't on top of the most current big and badass list, you aren't the biggest and the most badass. Jacky, before you start trolling, I believe Fedor is a great fighter but the sad part is that his last four losses will over-shadow his past victories. You're only as good as your last fight. I saw the camera angles and Herb Dean did a fine job on the stoppage because Fedor was out, as much as I hate to say that.

Wow, MMA math! Lets see how that stands up. Fedor beat Nog 3 times, Nog beat Werdum, i guess Werdum could never beat Fedor right!

Claiming Nog beat Barnett "clearly" shows that you are not arguing facts but just trying to justify keeping the Fedor fathead above your bed by any means necessary. Both fights were about even. However, how Barnett matches up with Nog has nothing to do with how he matches up with Fedor. Same with Monson.

OK so basically you say that no fight is the same as another, so it doesn't matter how many times someone beat who (I agree with that)!

I wasn't trying to do any math here tho

Well the fight between Nog and Barnett was an UD to Nog and he outmatched Barnett on boxing and ground game especially in round 2 n 3, the other one was a split decision for Barnett, haven't seen it

OK, so the record doesn't matter, then how can you be so sure that Barnett would beat Fedor ? Barnett is a grappler with some good standing skills but so were other fighters previously fighting Fedor. And most of them were confident they will win. You can't possibly know that Barnett would beat Fedor, of course now after the 3 loss streak it's really difficult to say who has or not real chances to beat him

That's stupid fedor vs barnett was going to happen but barnett get caught with roids , nothing to do with fedor or m-1 global .

You just proved Fedor fight the best at that time .

That was due to Affliction trying to set the fight up. Why didnt it happen in Pride? They were both there at the top but never fought. Same with Werdum. Both at the top but never fought. Why did he never fight Overeem in SF? Why didnt he enter the OWGP in Pride? Why did he trade Monson for a 185 Lindland in Bodog? We know the truth. Fedor and M-1 only accepted sure things. They wasnt looking for a challenge. Why did DSE not believe Fedor when he claimed to be hurt and pulled out of the OWGP? Because they knew they would try anything to avoid a challenge because that was what they always did. Pride, Bodog, Strikeforce, Elite XC, Anoki, etc no one could get him to fight anyone. It is unlikely all of these Orgs didnt want big fights. They couldn't get Fedor to take them because even HE knows he isnt the best.

OK so basically you say that no fight is the same as another, so it doesn't matter how many times someone beat who (I agree with that)!

I wasn't trying to do any math here tho

Well the fight between Nog and Barnett was an UD to Nog and he outmatched Barnett on boxing and ground game especially in round 2 n 3, the other one was a split decision for Barnett, haven't seen it

OK, so the record doesn't matter, then how can you be so sure that Barnett would beat Fedor ? Barnett is a grappler with some good standing skills but so were other fighters previously fighting Fedor. And most of them were confident they will win. You can't possibly know that Barnett would beat Fedor, of course now after the 3 loss streak it's really difficult to say who has or not real chances to beat him

I never said Barnett would beat him. I said Fedor ducked him because he has a real good chance to beat Fedor. He has the ability to put Fedor on his back and not get submitted like the bums Fedor has faced like Coleman and Randleman. A Prime Barnett when he was UFC champ IMO would have beat Fedor. His wrestling and striking was better then. When Barnett was in Pride his skills, especially his wrestling were inconsistent. It would have been a close fight. One that should have happened regardless of who won. But since it was a dangerous fight for Fedor like Werdum, it never happened. Even thought the Pride top 10 never changed for 10 years and ahlf of them sucked anyway. Fedor still never even fought half of them. Nog fought EVERYONE that Fedor fought. except Nog still managed to fight Ricco who would be a nightmare for Fedor, Barnett twice, Sergei Kharitonov, Werdum, and Henderson all while in Pride. Why did Nog manage to get all these top 10 fighters and not Fedor?

PRIDE was a great org with a great group of fighters, maybe not the most talented (neither was the UFC at the time, this was almost 10 years ago). The politics in PRIDE were shitty. It's a different era of fighters. Fedor was one the best of all time in his time hands down. Were there fighters who could kick his ass out there? Prolly? There's fighters that could kick Anderson Silva's ass out there today. But that's doesn't degrade his p4p #1 status.

Fedor 7+ years ago, was a russian killing machine. Add sexual encounters you'd never experience, politics, autographs, vacations, more sexual encounters you only dream of experiencing, more vacations, fat paychecks, along with 7 years and you get the Fedor you have today. Much like the story of Cro Cop.

Did they duck people throughout their careers? Maybe. Maybe it was their managements call? Maybe at that point in their life they had a lot more going on then going to the gym every day and training for potentially one of the toughest fights of their careers?

Fedor was (one of) the best fighters of all time & his era. Much like Bas Rutten of his era. And Walter Payton of his era, although now you can argue that Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, or Ladanian Tomlinson are better. Much like MMA, Rutten & Fedor GOAT during their era. But now you can argue Anderson Silva, GSP, or ___ whoever the else you want to throw on that list.

Brainsmasher you're taking a lot of time out of your schedule to hate on somebody's career. Maybe you should start training and try to pursue your own?

I have trained and i also have my own career. I still will not give Fedor credit over others who took a harder path. You take any top fighters and give them a second chance to "Duck" the ones who beat them in their career and you would have 100 Fedors. I have always considered Nog better all time than Fedor. Fedor had his number head to head. But he fought everyone and not just good style match ups. He fought everyone. There is an old saying fighters have said since day 1 of MMA. "If you haven't lost then you haven't fought anyone". Fedor isn't the exception to the rule. Also i never argued Fedor wasnt #1 at one time. When he first become #1 he earned it as much as anyone else who was ever #1. But after a couple years he never did anything to prove he still was #1. #1 isnt a lifetime achievement award. It is something you have to always prove you are. He proved it when Coleman, Shilt, Herring, and Nog was the top. A few years later when it was Werdum, Barnett, Sergei and the gang he used his past leverage to deny these guys a shot at him.

FE/DOR - Who made you, Who owns you?

Like a Video Game they created me

Fight isnt on the level but i take you every time one on one

Feeling running down your spine

Nothing gonna save your one last dime when Yakuza owns you

Through and through

DSE knows my number

Says they're gotta pay cause I made them green last year

Feel it when the fight is through

M-1 and the KGB control the world, there ain't a thing that it can't do

Do to you

CHORUS:

Who made you, who owns you?

Who made who, ain't nobody told you?

Who made you, who owns you?

If you owe them because they made you

Who picked up the bill, those who made you?

Who made you, Which fight was threw?

Satellites send the info

Get it to the Ref

Send it to the world

Spinning like a dynamo

Feel it going round and round

Running out of outs, you got no chance in a Yakuza town

don't look now, no

CHORUS

Ain't nobody told you, who made who?

Funny how things come full circle. When i first started following MMA hardcore online in 1996. The forums were full of people claiming Rickson Gracie the best MMA fighter of all time. Without any fights to base it on really. They kept calling him the best even into his mid 40's. Now people are doing the same with Fedor. Fedor hasn't done anything to really be considered that much greater than anyone else. He beat people who have been beat by others and he lose to people who have been beat by others. In the end people got over Rickson and moved on. They will do the same with Fedor. Rickson "managed" himself into a legend and it is clear Fedor did the same thing. After some time people will see Fedor for what he is. Just another good MMA fighter in the sports history who separated himself from the others with leverage and control of his fights in every Org he fought in.

LOL where did you get that? Tyson is not considered to be the best boxer ever. There is a few different answers but Tyson isnt high on the list. Maybe Ali. Even so Claiming Fedor was the best is like calling Butterbean the best because he killed everyone in the Toughman contest. As we saw with Fedor and Butterbean when they stepped up to real competition they were not so great. Butterbean also fixed and cherry picked fights to built his legacy. Butterbean is a much better comparison to Fedor that Tyson.

You are right we dont have other MMA fighters to compare to him. Other MMA fighters didnt have M-1 picking their opponents protecting their cash cow. Other non Pride fighters didnt get 3 easy fights between contender fights. But Fedor has more in common with Butterbean than anyone in boxing or MMA. Beans toughman career made him. Now you can claim toughman is just a bunch on no talent bums. Or, you can claim it is a completely different sport that requires different abilities, skills, and game plan than boxing. It isnt worse just different. Same with Fedor. Even if you dont want to admit Cop, Nog, Hunt, Aleks, etc werent that good or as good as everyone thought. You have to at least admit it was completely different game than the rest of the MMA world was playing. To consider Fedor better than everyone who was playing under much different rules and standards is silly. You cant pass Roger Federer in tennis by winning the gold medal in Badminton.

I know it is your opinion but how do you know his decline was due to age? The guys he lost to were much more skilled than anyone he really ever fought. We do know from M-1 Negotiations the last few years that Fedor has had the ability to fight anyone he wants. He choose to fight Hong Man. We also know he could have faced Werdum in Pride but it never happened. If it did we would have some evidence to see if he is better or worse due to age. But he avoided the bad match ups. Henderson fought Arona to a close fight back in Pride. We know how much trouble Arona give Fedor. No reason to think Hendo would have ever been an easy fight for Fedor. The only reason some even favored Fedor this time was Dans chin has weakened with age. If they fought in Pride the fight would have been the same. Big foot has size and skills like no one in Pride. Its hard to say he wouldnt have lost in his "Prime" when Silva is more athletic than guys who are smaller like Barnett and Werdum. The guys Fedor lost to were better than anyone he has faced. As much as i dislike Big foot he would beat Nog at any point of Nogs career due to styles alone.

Take a look at boxing and see how powerful a tool picking your fights is. Fedr went unbeaten for so long because he did what boxers do to run their records to 30-0 or 40-0. They avoid bad match ups. Even the biggest journeyman can easily run his record to 20-0. Which is fine if thats what they want to do. But you cant claim to be better than other fighters who do not have that luxury.

There is the key word. Those former champs were former for a reason. Once they left the UFC they never fought with the same desire. There is a reason why Sylvia bloated up to over 300 lbs. That didnt happen when he was champ. But that is the fighter Fedor beat. Arlovski was already exposed as having a horrible chin. That wasnt the case when he was champ. After he was exposed people gun for it like Fedor did. The UFC also had Mir who is in the same mold as everyone who beat Fedor and who Fedor ducked. Werdum, Big foot, Barnett, Monson. Funny you credit Randleman and Coleman as some meaningful win. Both were kicked from the UFC becasue they couldnt win. Coleman blew his knee out and couldnt beat anyone. He was sent packing by Pete Williams. Who else did Williams ever beat? Coleman was done as a REAL fighter. But he could still be champ in the minor leagues of Pride and so he did. Randleman was only champ because Couture was holding out for more money. Randleman never beat the champ to be champ. BTW, Fedor wouldn't have to worry about the UFC champs. He would have enough trouble getting by guys like Pe De Pano.

I think it is very ironic that everyone hypes Fedor and Pride when they beat past their prime former UFC champs but dont mention that UFC fighters beat Pride champs before they were champ and in their Prime. Babalu beat Shogun, Everyone beat Coleman, Penn beat Gomi, Tito and Vitor beat Wandy. Every time a Pride fighter loses it was because they were to young or too old. Always something. lol

Agree, just to bad the GSP fight didnt happen a few days earlier. UFC could have had the real WW champ.

That was due to Affliction trying to set the fight up. Why didnt it happen in Pride? They were both there at the top but never fought. Same with Werdum. Both at the top but never fought. Why did he never fight Overeem in SF? Why didnt he enter the OWGP in Pride? Why did he trade Monson for a 185 Lindland in Bodog? We know the truth. Fedor and M-1 only accepted sure things. They wasnt looking for a challenge. Why did DSE not believe Fedor when he claimed to be hurt and pulled out of the OWGP? Because they knew they would try anything to avoid a challenge because that was what they always did. Pride, Bodog, Strikeforce, Elite XC, Anoki, etc no one could get him to fight anyone. It is unlikely all of these Orgs didnt want big fights. They couldn't get Fedor to take them because even HE knows he isnt the best.

I never said Barnett would beat him. I said Fedor ducked him because he has a real good chance to beat Fedor. He has the ability to put Fedor on his back and not get submitted like the bums Fedor has faced like Coleman and Randleman. A Prime Barnett when he was UFC champ IMO would have beat Fedor. His wrestling and striking was better then. When Barnett was in Pride his skills, especially his wrestling were inconsistent. It would have been a close fight. One that should have happened regardless of who won. But since it was a dangerous fight for Fedor like Werdum, it never happened. Even thought the Pride top 10 never changed for 10 years and ahlf of them sucked anyway. Fedor still never even fought half of them. Nog fought EVERYONE that Fedor fought. except Nog still managed to fight Ricco who would be a nightmare for Fedor, Barnett twice, Sergei Kharitonov, Werdum, and Henderson all while in Pride. Why did Nog manage to get all these top 10 fighters and not Fedor?

I have trained and i also have my own career. I still will not give Fedor credit over others who took a harder path. You take any top fighters and give them a second chance to "Duck" the ones who beat them in their career and you would have 100 Fedors. I have always considered Nog better all time than Fedor. Fedor had his number head to head. But he fought everyone and not just good style match ups. He fought everyone. There is an old saying fighters have said since day 1 of MMA. "If you haven't lost then you haven't fought anyone". Fedor isn't the exception to the rule. Also i never argued Fedor wasnt #1 at one time. When he first become #1 he earned it as much as anyone else who was ever #1. But after a couple years he never did anything to prove he still was #1. #1 isnt a lifetime achievement award. It is something you have to always prove you are. He proved it when Coleman, Shilt, Herring, and Nog was the top. A few years later when it was Werdum, Barnett, Sergei and the gang he used his past leverage to deny these guys a shot at him.

10... really you have trained (which is past tense, so it's irrelevant -- right?) & have a career? I would of never guessed, unless you told me your job was arguing on the internet about fighters & critisizing their careers. 10 post man. 10. Hell, you could even say 8 or 9 and that's still a bit excessive. I could understand 1 or 2 post, or if you were having an intelligent arguement but you're pretty much arguing with Jacky :OMG: and your first post in this thread was completely retarded. You can get on your keyboard and type away all you want, bash away and act like you're a professional MMA critic but you're not getting paid for your opinion, and nobody cares. If you met Fedor you'd prolly shreik like a little girl at a Justin Beiber concert and tell him he's the best ever while you try to get his autograph.

Look at the list of fighters that have said he was the best ever? GSP, Bas Rutten, Jake Shields, the list goes on and on and on and on, and if there's one obvious fact about it, when it comes to the landscape of MMA, all of their opinions matter more than yours.

There's always some fat guy sitting in front of his computer with a plate of french fries waiting to critisize you. - Thiago Silva.

Or however he said it.

• Upvote 2

10... really you have trained (which is past tense, so it's irrelevant -- right?) & have a career? I would of never guessed, unless you told me your job was arguing on the internet about fighters & critisizing their careers. 10 post man. 10. Hell, you could even say 8 or 9 and that's still a bit excessive. I could understand 1 or 2 post, or if you were having an intelligent arguement but you're pretty much arguing with Jacky :OMG: and your first post in this thread was completely retarded. You can get on your keyboard and type away all you want, bash away and act like you're a professional MMA critic but you're not getting paid for your opinion, and nobody cares. If you met Fedor you'd prolly shreik like a little girl at a Justin Beiber concert and tell him he's the best ever while you try to get his autograph.

Look at the list of fighters that have said he was the best ever? GSP, Bas Rutten, Jake Shields, the list goes on and on and on and on, and if there's one obvious fact about it, when it comes to the landscape of MMA, all of their opinions matter more than yours.

There's always some fat guy sitting in front of his computer with a plate of french fries waiting to critisize you. - Thiago Silva.

Or however he said it.

You do realize you have more posts than i do right? My business allows me to be on the computer all day. Not everyone shovels fries for pot money. You can find fighters who say anything. I can post pickems from Sherdog where fighters dont know their ass from a hole in the ground. Most fighters hire non fighters to create game plans for them because they are unable to break fights down. Just because you choose to worship them doesnt mean i have to respect their opinion. I can name just as many fighters who think Silva or GSP are the best fighters ever. And when you mention Bas Rutten, you mean the guy who proclaimed "No one can beat Noguira" after he beat Bob fucking Sapp of all people? The guy who worked for Pride? The guy who jerks off to Mirko? Of course he thinks Fedor is the best. Apparently Werdum was the best fighter in Pride all those years.

• Downvote 2

Fedor accomplished something incredible. 10 years without a loss. 28 fights without a loss. His best wins are Big Nog and Cro Cop, both in their primes.

...but there are other truths that are overlooked.

He fought an enormous number of non title fights in Japan, against men who had no business being in the ring with him. Yes, he beat bigger, stronger men at times, but they were men he was supposed to beat. They all had far lesser skillsets than he did.

Of those 28 fights, how many were against anyone of note? I count 11. Babalu, Schilt, Herring, Nog1, Coleman1, Randleman, Nog2, Nog3, Cro Cop, Sylvia, Arlovski.

Hunt had no business fighting Fedor at that time, just as Coleman did not the second time around. Gary Goodridge? Really? Matt Lindland? These are not fights that a fighter of Fedor's stature deserved .

Early in his career in RINGS, he had an enormous amount of difficulty with Arona, and arguably should have lost a decision to the much smaller fighter.

Fedor accomplished a lot, but he fought a ton of men who were put in front of him to be crushed, and were not acceptable competition.

• Upvote 3

It's more than obvious you never watched pride .

At his time Fedor beat the best , and the best was cro cop , nogueira ....

If GSP loose in 4years it doesn't mean he didn't fight the best actually .

Completely ignoring the Fedor debate and just focusing on this one comment here it is painfully obvious you were not around to watch PRIDE or simply unaware of it. Everything you have posted Fedor related or any other topic in regards to PRIDE has made it more than clear you have no clue what PRIDE actually was.

Completely ignoring the Fedor debate and just focusing on this one comment here it is painfully obvious you were not around to watch PRIDE or simply unaware of it. Everything you have posted Fedor related or any other topic in regards to PRIDE has made it more than clear you have no clue what PRIDE actually was.

Coming from someone who told PRIDE fixed a fight between a 2-0 and 3-0 fighter is completly retarded , especially when they was not fighting under PRIDE for that fight .

Coming from someone who told PRIDE fixed a fight between a 2-0 and 3-0 fighter is completly retarded , especially when they was not fighting under PRIDE for that fight .

Again, your ignorance is showing. Japanese MMA in general fixed fights in order to promote Japanese talent as much as possible. Record had nothing to do with it. They wanted to give Japanese fighters as much of an advantage as possible. As for PRIDE, they were just the most aggressive offenders due to their being owned by the Yakuza. Just about all Japanese MMA was shady. Had you payed attention you would know that.

Again, your ignorance is showing. Japanese MMA in general fixed fights in order to promote Japanese talent as much as possible. Record had nothing to do with it. They wanted to give Japanese fighters as much of an advantage as possible. As for PRIDE, they were just the most aggressive offenders due to their being owned by the Yakuza. Just about all Japanese MMA was shady. Had you payed attention you would know that.

Omg arona = brazil .

I don't think japanese fixed fight more than what we see actually in usa ,maybe they did it more straight .

Omg arona = brazil .

I don't think japanese fixed fight more than what we see actually in usa ,maybe they did it more straight .

Again, your ignorance is showing. The Japanese fixed fights left and right pro-wrestling style often with their pro-wrestlers. The one time you and I discussed Arona was when a fight was fixed against him. Not for him. So, why would his nationality matter? On top of that, sometimes fights are fixed not because of any specific interest in that fight but what potential matchups might result from a win or a loss. Sometimes they payed fighters to lose like they did with Coleman. Sometimes they paid fighters to fight in a way that put them at a disadvantage like asking a wrestler to stand and bang for their bonus. Other times, they just asked the judges to call the fight in favor of the guy they want to win as long as it wasn't such a blowout that a bad call would cause a riot. Rampage even accused them of drugging him before a fight. In other words, the fighters weren't always in on it. But, only in Japan can a guy you are calling the greatest fighter of all time fight most his fights against washed up pro-wrestlers and guys with new or losing records while almost never having to face anyone in the top 10.

that's not what i said i agree they had bad referee some times , but i don't think it's worse than what we see in usa actually .

Every sport advantage the local guy .

Fedor is russian so it makes no sense to advantage him over a brazilian guy , when both are 2-0 3-0 ,

Fedor would have ko arona or arona submit Fedor they don't care .

If you think it's so easy for them to fixed a fight,then they don't care who is put against the japanese guy ,they just need to fixed that fight .

And about the fedor cut , it was a decent cut,and there is no way they knew he will be cut like that .

1. that's not what i said i agree they had bad referee some times , but i don't think it's worse than what we see in usa actually .

2. Fedor is russian so it makes no sense to advantage him over a brazilian guy , when both are 2-0 3-0 ,

Fedor would have ko arona or arona submit Fedor they don't care .

3. If you think it's so easy for them to fixed a fight they don't care who is put against the japanese guy ,they just need to fixed that fight .

4. And about the fedor cut , it was a decent cut,and there is no way they knew he will be cut like that .

That is just idiotic. Either you haven't read a single thing you have replied to, or you have the memory of a goldfish and reading comprehension of a Texan.

1. Just more proof you haven't been watching MMA long enough to remember. One word. Yakuza. They have it. We don't.

2. I know I have explained this at least 20 times to you including in the post you just quoted. They had no interest in Fedor vs Arona. Quit quoting their records, because it doesn't mean a damn thing. Are you really that stupid? I have said this many times which you have quoted repeatedly. What they did have interest was giving Kosaka the easiest path they could to the championship. Fedor got a cut against Arona, so they decided they could use that. That was the only reason they had any interest at all in Fedor winning. Nothing to do with his record which you keep repeating over and over like a broken record. The only reason they gave a flying crap was because Fedor had a small open cut and nothing more. The 1st time Kosaka hit Fedor in the face (which happened to be an illegal elbow) they called the fight due to doctor stoppage. It wasn't even bleeding. Had Fedor gotten a sub or KO their hands would have been tied, because they didn't pay the fighters. They paid the refs.

3. They did. Fedor wasn't even really bleeding when they stopped the fight. Fixing a fight is a hell of a lot easier when you have a legit looking excuse such as a cut or a fighter willing to make it look legit. Refs can fix fights, but not when the fight is a complete rapage. Even with Couture, he destroyed Yanagisawa and that still managed to be a split decision. It was a complete 1-sided beating. It raises great suspicion for that fight. Had a second judge taken the chance they would have lost all credibility.

4. He was already cut before the Kosaka fight ever started. Only a moron would not know it is going to get hit at least once. It wasn't even bleeding when they stopped the fight.

Respect the opinions of a lot of guys in this topic, but i'd love to see us all accept the blatant shades of grey :/. Fedor isn't a can, isn't top p4p skill wise, but is undoubtedly a pioneer and a legend who has accomplished lots. I've always considered him to be more or less Igor Vovchanchyn gone right. Not looking to start arguments here, just see a lot of people who -do- know what they're talking about getting worked up for no reason.

It's more than obvious you never watched pride .

At his time Fedor beat the best , and the best was cro cop , nogueira ....

If GSP loose in 4years it doesn't mean he didn't fight the best actually .

I have seen every Pride ever made. I started watching Pride with their first event on DTV in the US in 2000 before the 2000 GP. Bought every PPV from then on and bought all the DVD's. I was a fan of Pride and all MMA promotions. I actually love the sport of fighting. I dont have to make up crazy ideas to give me reason to watch Pride. I dont have to tell myself that Pride is better than the UFC, i dont have to tell myself Fedor is the best, or that it is meaningful when Nog took the belt from a Coleman everyone knew was past his prime. Fact is fans fell for the hype that DSE create. Thats why they take a fight like Nog vs Coleman and make it mean more than the others who already beat Coleman. DSE like WWE built there fighters to be larger than life stars. Pride was not trying to find out who was the best fighter. They didnt need to. Fans would fall in love with the fighters and believe they are the best any way. Was Denis Kang ever really #1 fighter at 185 in the world? He lost a lot before he went to Pride and after Pride he cant even beat no names in small Orgs. Look who Filho loses to. Was he really #1 ever? Its real easy to claim EVERYONE got old at the same time rather than admit you fell for the hype.

What you say about GSP isn't true. People will look back and wonder how good the guys were he fought. Its what always happens in the fight game because fighters, real fighters are carried off the battle field. His opponents will all have shitty records when they are done or at least not look as good as when he beat them. But what GSP did that no one can take away and what Fedor didnt do is fought everyone who is anyone in his division. GSP has beat every WW known in the world. There is no one he is hiding from. He isnt in an Org who refuses to bring in the next generation of fighters, he isnt in an Org that is isolated from other great fighters. He isnt in an Org who has no contender picture like Pride random direction less fights for no title while avoiding half the top 10. All you have to do as Champ is fight the next guy in line. Fedor didn't do that. He did at the start then quit and was practically just going around doing exhibitions. Doing meaningless fights just to make an appearance for the fans.

• Downvote 1

Respect the opinions of a lot of guys in this topic, but i'd love to see us all accept the blatant shades of grey :/. Fedor isn't a can, isn't top p4p skill wise, but is undoubtedly a pioneer and a legend who has accomplished lots. I've always considered him to be more or less Igor Vovchanchyn gone right. Not looking to start arguments here, just see a lot of people who -do- know what they're talking about getting worked up for no reason.

I wasn't even trying to argue about Fedor here. Jacky seems to have this romanticized version of what Japanese MMA was, and no matter what debate point you use on him he completely makes up something unrelated to the conversation at hand and tries to argue it instead as if the argument came from you. Like we aren't even having the same conversation. As for me not seeing PRIDE... I was living in Japan when PRIDE came out. Jacky can rest assured that I was very much aware of PRIDE unlike him.

Agree. Why does Fedor have to be the best for someone to like him? He is a legend in the sport with many other great fighters. Anything more than that is just perception. Like Couture who appears to be the best at times in the UFC has people who think he sucks because of when he left the UFC and lost. They are both legends and it is silly to ignore the pro and cons of each guy and think you can some how put them in order of greatest.