UFC Undisputed 3

lylehumphreys

So...I've just ordered a PS3 (figured it was time to enter the 21st century!), and included in the order is UFC Undisputed 3.

I've never played any of the predecessor MMA games either. Only fighting game I've played is Fight Night (2? I'm not sure, it has Roy Jones Jnr on the cover, I think) on the PS2, so I think I'm going to have a steep learning curve ahead. I've also ordered FIFA 12 - the last FIFA game I played was probably back in 2007 or something crazy.

Just letting you know that I'll be heading back here with idiot questions and pleas for help in the near future, I'm sure!

Anyone got any starters for ten that are must-know hints and tips for getting off to a better start (and not wanting to hurl the controller at the screen within 5 minutes...)?

That's awesome!

Just noticed that more people are on PRIDE mode than UFC mode. I got like 5 fights in a row in PRIDE online and couldn't even get a single fight in UFC online.

Currently working on my fighter in career mode. Running 16-0-1. Had a draw against George Roop but that was because my fighter sucked at the time lol. I want vengence!

• 5 weeks later...

So, who wants to do my Court McGee-Anderson Silva challenge? I'll be Court, you can be Anderson...best out of 5...50k Tycoon Cash, I'll record and broadcast the video of Anderson unconscious. Who's down?

PS3 btw.

So, who wants to do my Court McGee-Anderson Silva challenge? I'll be Court, you can be Anderson...best out of 5...50k Tycoon Cash, I'll record and broadcast the video of Anderson unconscious. Who's down?

PS3 btw.

I'm happy to take your challenge, next time we're on you're getting a beating.

PS3 btw.

Let's do it! But if I lose, do I have to pay you? lol. My acceptance of the challenge would revoke itself due to insufficient funds...

What is the top rated fighter that people have managed to achieve in Career mode (overall rating)?

Clearly I've not played it quite as much as most of you guys, but with my guy he reached a rating of 90, but for a while now when I have any training options it looks to reduce other stats as much as it improves the stats I'm focusing on, so much so that my fighter's rating fell to 89 after his last training session.

Has he reached a rating ceiling, or am I missing a trick here?

What is the top rated fighter that people have managed to achieve in Career mode (overall rating)?

Clearly I've not played it quite as much as most of you guys, but with my guy he reached a rating of 90, but for a while now when I have any training options it looks to reduce other stats as much as it improves the stats I'm focusing on, so much so that my fighter's rating fell to 89 after his last training session.

Has he reached a rating ceiling, or am I missing a trick here?

I got a guy to 98 so you must be missing something, I even added a CAF boost afterwards and got him to 103, was quite fun doing title mode with him even on harder difficulties.

The way I did it was just to focus on him being well rounded and not bother with too many techniques. So instead of thinking, I desperately want to improve his striking, I simply trained whatever would give me the most benefit and the least declines. Honestly didn't put much thought into it, even the first guy I made was 94 or something when I trained a lot more techniques.

Oh and the reason I stopped training techniques is because I found a way that you can edit them later and also edit and copy fighters so you don't have to go through career mode every time you want to make a new CAF.

Not my words, a copy and paste job but this should help some of you.

oad your retired career fighter. Edit something of his (I edited his fighting out of in basic information). Overwrite save.

Load up that fighter again, he should NOT be under retired fighters. Go to show all CAfs. He'll be listed as a "retired fighters". Fighter Abilities should still NOT be available. Go to finish and create NEW SAVE. (note you dont have to edit anything)

That new CAF should now be a listed as a "CAF Mode CAF". Load him up now. Completely editable. You can redistribute stats/attributes and technique. He'll only have 12000 technique points available TOTAL (minus whatever moves your career caf had, you can edit them). You can edit name/weightclass/etc etc.

I got a guy to 98 so you must be missing something, I even added a CAF boost afterwards and got him to 103, was quite fun doing title mode with him even on harder difficulties.

The way I did it was just to focus on him being well rounded and not bother with too many techniques. So instead of thinking, I desperately want to improve his striking, I simply trained whatever would give me the most benefit and the least declines. Honestly didn't put much thought into it, even the first guy I made was 94 or something when I trained a lot more techniques.

Interesting, will see how things go then. With this current fighter he still has about a dozen fights to go in his career, so perhaps I am jumping the gun a bit. However, I have made him pretty rounded (only really his ground striking that I let lag behind, but it was actually in starting to train this that the reduction in overall skill arose!), and only even trained him in specific skills twice (both remain at level 1).

• 7 years later...

I'm late to the party on this one. I just got it, mainly because it was $20 and I had an extra Holiday Discount. But I suck at it. Can't do much beyond hooks and jabs and ground and pound despite having most of my stats maxed. I'm doing a Female Bantamweight Career and I'm stuck trying to get past Cyborg before I fight Nunes. I had to restart twice against Shevchenko and once against Rousey.