Slow weekend

Alfred

Been playing the game for awhile now & I've never enjoyed the forum format. Buzz is way more user friendly (at least on mobile) but no ones uses it so I must be the only one who thinks that. I play almost exclusively on mobile and it's kinda difficult. I wonder how many others kinda silently watch the forums from the sidelines like I do.

I've never figured out buzz. Yeah you have to scroll to the very bottom to even see it. I usually notice somebody buzzed at me months after it happened.

This is exactly my experience of buzz too. Maybe I'll make more of an effort to see what's going on there but I was generally of the opinion that nobody used it.

You might be right there. I was thinking about what could actually be done to make the game interesting just within the community but the only thing I can think of is tournaments and they seem to end up being a little underwhelming these days.

I like the sound of the Olympics but I understand people would be reluctant to get something like that going. I'd love to see a tournament with the top managers involved. Like the Top 8. They have a tournament in arm wrestling (called the top 8 actually) and it's almost like a normal 8 man tournament except no one is actually eliminated. Everyone fights again each round and in the end everyone finishes ranked from winner to last. I think that would be cool but I don't think many top managers are interested. It's also difficult to offer anything these days as everyone who has been playing a while has a fuck ton of money and usually a load of VIP days. Not sure what else other than bragging rights would be enticing enough to get guys in the Top 10 to enter

I've been really enjoying the game lately...took over a year but I've cracked the top 100 and now I'm at 54th that being said I wish there was more players and unless someone spends money on advertising it'll never happen...as far as the forums go I kept checking them and there was nothing to really respond to the past few days. Could you guys imagine if we had billboards in any major city in the world how much the numbers would skyrocket?? I just don't understand why it hasn't been done...seems like a big fat 0 as far as advertising goes which is frustrating

• Upvote 1

You might be right there. I was thinking about what could actually be done to make the game interesting just within the community but the only thing I can think of is tournaments and they seem to end up being a little underwhelming these days.

I like the sound of the Olympics but I understand people would be reluctant to get something like that going. I'd love to see a tournament with the top managers involved. Like the Top 8. They have a tournament in arm wrestling (called the top 8 actually) and it's almost like a normal 8 man tournament except no one is actually eliminated. Everyone fights again each round and in the end everyone finishes ranked from winner to last. I think that would be cool but I don't think many top managers are interested. It's also difficult to offer anything these days as everyone who has been playing a while has a fuck ton of money and usually a load of VIP days. Not sure what else other than bragging rights would be enticing enough to get guys in the Top 10 to enter

This is what we did a few years back in the Legends tournament.

If I remember correctly Bjorn started w current or former top 10 and then expanded to top 15 to fill the spots. It was pretty epic and this guy won it :)

15087543905067.jpg

I've been really enjoying the game lately...took over a year but I've cracked the top 100 and now I'm at 54th that being said I wish there was more players and unless someone spends money on advertising it'll never happen...as far as the forums go I kept checking them and there was nothing to really respond to the past few days. Could you guys imagine if we had billboards in any major city in the world how much the numbers would skyrocket?? I just don't understand why it hasn't been done...seems like a big fat 0 as far as advertising goes which is frustrating

heritage is a pretty good alliance, friendly guys.

• Downvote 4

This is what we did a few years back in the Legends tournament.

If I remember correctly Bjorn started w current or former top 10 and then expanded to top 15 to fill the spots. It was pretty epic and this guy won it :)

15087543905067.jpg

I remember. It was a great tournament and I loved that every fighter was named after it's manager. Was interesting seeing them go into ID orgs afterwards and where they are now

This game should be huge. As engaging, awesome, and as good as the fight engine is. I don't know why there aren't tons and tons of players. Of course I never would have heard of it if not for a post in a forum on mixedmartialarts.com.

Has anybody done a creation league with no training? I suppose that would get boring fast maybe. Like you were mentioning maybe do a round robin and then a playoff. Like the pro fight league. Anybody tried that ?

This game should be huge. As engaging, awesome, and as good as the fight engine is. I don't know why there aren't tons and tons of players. Of course I never would have heard of it if not for a post in a forum on mixedmartialarts.com.

Has anybody done a creation league with no training? I suppose that would get boring fast maybe. Like you were mentioning maybe do a round robin and then a playoff. Like the pro fight league. Anybody tried that ?

Yeah it was called the Amateur League which was a cool concept. Very short lived, it started/ended at the tail end of last year to a couple months at the beginning of this year. However, it lost steam rather quickly.

I wish we could get another company slot because for a long time now I wanted to start up an org for fun that consisted of only teenage fighters & release them when they hit 20. Just hosting small events w/ low contracts & no champions to avoid hype loss upon release.

Yeah it was called the Amateur League which was a cool concept. Very short lived, it started/ended at the tail end of last year to a couple months at the beginning of this year. However, it lost steam rather quickly.

I wish we could get another company slot because for a long time now I wanted to start up an org for fun that consisted of only teenage fighters & release them when they hit 20. Just hosting small events w/ low contracts & no champions to avoid hype loss upon release.

A second company slot would really do wonders for this game.

• Upvote 2

A second company slot would really do wonders for this game.

Exactly. Until that happens, combined with SOME effort by Mike, it'll just continue to stall as everybody pretty much has to have their own private gym with their business slot. So you only get the other businesses run by those who can manage to "talk somebody into" holding a gym for them in exchange for VIP or whatever, or the occasional folks who don't care about a private gym and just do more of the business thing than serious fighting, or, in most cases, multi's. Mix and match as you please from that list.