Setting fighter tactics

MMATycoon

Ive been playing a while and noticed on the full site which I use on my ipad I can't adjust the sliders. Luckily I have the app version downloaded onto my mobile phone, and you can adjust all the sliders easily. Try downloading the app from Google play store, and see if that makes a difference...

• 3 months later...

What is the best way to try and stay out of or defend against a fight who goes for the clinch all fight

If he spams clinch attempts and literally does nothing else, you could go with prediction sliders. Same against takedown spammers. I usually use accurate counter striking against these types, to trade every failed spam attempt for a landed strike.

In the clinch you need to fight back. Go high aggro, mix strikes and break attempts. If you just try to break away or control and can't, you'll lose.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/30/2020 at 5:45 AM, thb said:

Wrestling is actually a bigger factor in the clinch than MT. So if your wrestling is high, I'd risk going high in aggression.

How much is MT would you say, like 30% of it?  Or is the clinch aspect itself all wrestling and then the kicks/elbows are the MT component?  I have high MT and no wrestling on all my projects and set them to higher clinch so I'm wondering if I should stop doing that...

9 hours ago, jkawell said:

How much is MT would you say, like 30% of it?  Or is the clinch aspect itself all wrestling and then the kicks/elbows are the MT component?  I have high MT and no wrestling on all my projects and set them to higher clinch so I'm wondering if I should stop doing that...

From what I've seen Wrestling seems to determine how often you get to act in the clinch while MT determines the accuracy of your strikes in the clinch.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On 7/5/2021 at 4:06 PM, jkawell said:

How should I change my sliders if I'm fighting against a guy with very low morale, like < 50% ?

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?  My guess is that it makes them less aggressive and miss on their strikes/takedowns/clinches more often, so it would make sense to up the aggression in general.

3 hours ago, jkawell said:

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?  My guess is that it makes them less aggressive and miss on their strikes/takedowns/clinches more often, so it would make sense to up the aggression in general.

I would suggest you base your tactics on different factors like opponents chin, your power, weight class etc.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Maurudin said:

Need some help for setting up tactics when fight BJJ guy against BJJ guy in MMA.

I locked at your fighters to see if this was for a specific match-up. You don't have any BBJ guys. And as far as I can tell, you've never had any BJJ guys. Are you planning on making a BJJ guy, and want tactics advice well ahead ... or is it, well, you know, the other thing ?

On 8/30/2021 at 6:22 PM, pjrfin said:

I locked at your fighters to see if this was for a specific match-up. You don't have any BBJ guys. And as far as I can tell, you've never had any BJJ guys. Are you planning on making a BJJ guy, and want tactics advice well ahead ... or is it, well, you know, the other thing ?

Yea i hae plan to make some bjj guy and im not have experience,i just played standing guys.

On 9/5/2021 at 6:03 PM, Maurudin said:

Yea i hae plan to make some bjj guy and im not have experience,i just played standing guys.

You should then make some bjj guys and start trying what works.

A couple of tips:

- Ground Top / Ground Botton slider. If you want to sweep your opponent, crack that slider very high towards Top.

- Finish / control slider. Always very high finish. This slider plays more into how "aggressive" you are, than the Aggressor / Counter slider does. Think of it more like, Finish = Do Something, Control = Do Nothing.

- I personally almost always prefer much higher rate of Advance Position over Subs/Strikes.

3 hours ago, scottxbandz said:

so you're saying having the ground top slider up will go for sweeps? I assume thats based off transitions?

I'd assume so, but there has been a quote from Mike saying that it's actually Escapes, so who knows.

I'm just saying that if you don't want to stay on the bottom, set it high. With both Top and Finish set high, you can use the Aggressor slider to control how many moves you attempt. You can choose to be aggro or go for counters, but you're always thinking of reversing position first. Getting stuck on bottom  is death (IMO).

And, to anyone reading, these aren't some hard and fast rules to dominate the ground game. All the sliders matter, as do fighter builds (primaries, secondaries and hiddens). These are just some concepts that I've learned the hard way over the years, playing this game.

I've wondered about the control/finish slider, because "controlling" doesn't seem to do anything (except maybe to stall, though there may be cases one wants to stall).

But very low control in the description is said to be "wreckless" (which might be a British spelling, though in the USA we'd say "reckless") so I'd been worrying that sliding way over to finish might be very risky- so I've set the sliders somewhat toward the finish side but avoided going too far, thinking maybe too little control left one very open to opponent aggression/counters.

But, while I've won a very good number of fights on the ground, I have been, even at, say, 70-75% finish, frustrated by how often my fighters just try to "control" and it not seem to do anything even if they succeed.  Maybe "control" should be very low except for occasional cases where one might want to stall. 

1 hour ago, Bynum said:

I've wondered about the control/finish slider, because "controlling" doesn't seem to do anything (except maybe to stall, though there may be cases one wants to stall).

But very low control in the description is said to be "wreckless" (which might be a British spelling, though in the USA we'd say "reckless") so I'd been worrying that sliding way over to finish might be very risky- so I've set the sliders somewhat toward the finish side but avoided going too far, thinking maybe too little control left one very open to opponent aggression/counters.

But, while I've won a very good number of fights on the ground, I have been, even at, say, 70-75% finish, frustrated by how often my fighters just try to "control" and it not seem to do anything even if they succeed.  Maybe "control" should be very low except for occasional cases where one might want to stall. 

Are yo u sure? I have won some ID fights before just by having a heavier fighter and heavy control. I'm pretty sure it has a function and control prevents or makes it difficult for the guy in bottom guard to move. It is not just a stall button. 

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1052966

1 hour ago, Bynum said:

Control actions seem to have a chance of failing if the fight text is anything to go by, so I'm guessing it does more than just stalling.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, 10thPlanetKT said:

Are yo u sure? I have won some ID fights before just by having a heavier fighter and heavy control. I'm pretty sure it has a function and control prevents or makes it difficult for the guy in bottom guard to move. It is not just a stall button. 

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1052966

This is how I see it too. That's why I said that getting stuck on the bottom is death.

4 hours ago, Antary said:

Control actions seem to have a chance of failing if the fight text is anything to go by, so I'm guessing it does more than just stalling.

Yes, control moves can be countered. If you want to stall, it's better to use counters (less aggressor) and make less moves.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Antary said:

Control is more likely to fail if you are much lighter & or not as strong against the opposing manager's fighter. If they he is  and have a good 10-15 pounds  an intelligent fighter, 15++ strength, they aren't doing much of anything on bottom guard but getting beat up. Escapes are much harder as well as sub spamming from my experience. with these key factors Just some food for thought. I always use this strategy with y fighters that don't the best hiddens. Just turn them into a control wrestler.