New Jersey MMA 320k+

thedry16

Hey all. So I've purchased NJMMA, or rather it's talent would be a more precise statement. I've sent out a mass mailer about my intentions, and hope all of the existing managers will get on board.

TGC will be opening up its doors to NJMMA fighters under the 265+ Openweight division, which will be restricted to 320k.

I've released a good chunk of the roster since I did not feel they could compete at the top levels of the division. The rest will be getting release/offered new contracts from TGC hopefully within the next 24 hours.

I am really excited about this new venture, as this opens doors for new opportunities for both the fighters, as well as TGC.

As a side note, once the dust clears and the transition is complete, we will be holding a 24 man tournament to crown the first ever champ in this division, with $500k going to the winning manager.

Cheers guys, and hope to see you all at TGC!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I logged in a week or two too late. I would have kept it going rather than having it vultured up and dismantled. RIP from a very sad original owner :(

Could have sworn I offered it back to you before I handed it over to the other guy?

I was sad too. RIP NJMMA.

You did a great job building this org from the ground up. Once you left it became a mess.

Not under my watch it wasn't sunshine.

• Upvote 1

Truth. It was Brian Baggs that immediately started faltering. He was woefully unprepared to run a fight organization, and therefore ran it very poorly. He did a lousy job at recruitment of fighters to fill in the roster, he did a passable job of matchmaking but was clearly overwhelmed by the amount of work required for an organization and so he sought to farm out the duties to other people and when he either could not find them or was far too impatient to wait for good candidates to emerge. It was under Baggs' inept management that it all went to shit.

• Upvote 2

Could have sworn I offered it back to you before I handed it over to the other guy?

I think that was quite a few months ago though right? Haven't had much/any time over the summer. It just seems sad that someone took it over and then liquidated it and now all those fighters are in an open weight category and there is no 320k org!

Absolutely not!

Sorry I forgot you ran NJMMA for some time. I obviously meant the Braggs guy who although seemingly well intentioned was all over the place and ran the org to the ground quickly. he would send one mass mail every two days pointing the org in a different direction every time.

I think that was quite a few months ago though right? Haven't had much/any time over the summer. It just seems sad that someone took it over and then liquidated it and now all those fighters are in an open weight category and there is no 320k org!

Not all are in open ID orgs now. All the fighters above 322K were approached by either Sydney Fights, or RISE if they were at least 325K. Many of those fighters signed with one of the two orgs and will be good fits for those orgs I think. Unfortunately that does leave the 320-321K fighters without ID restricted orgs that are real close to them, but there is at least one 315K org and a 310K also I believe. Many of those 320K guys would be able to survive in 315K and, given another few months to train might even be able to do quite well in those orgs. It is unfortunate that NJMMA died, but at least the vast majority of the fighters in it found new homes