Inferno Combat Series - Official Smack Talk Thread

bestever

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

INFERNO COMBAT SERIES 13: ICS 13 PREVIEW

WOMBLEY ARENA

Xavier: Good evening ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to Inferno Combat Series and specifically, welcome to ICS 13! In the booth with me tonight is the self-proclaimed erudite, Furious Styles!

Styles: That’s right, X! You and I both know I’m an enlightened individual! We’ve definitely made the rounds lately, haven’t we, X!?

Xavier: That’s absolutely right, Styles! From Rapid Fighting Championship to Empyrean, to a special guest appearance for that crazy Madness event, then boom! We get a phone call from our agents out in Los Angeles and they tell us Inferno Combat Series executives want to bring us on to present previews to the outstanding fans of this organization!

Styles: We truly appreciate the opportunity to bring the insight and truth to the masses of crazy Inferno asses!

Xavier: Easy, Styles! I don’t know if we can just jump right in with that kind of language! This is our very first preview!

Styles: Give me a break, X! You honestly don’t think these kick ass warriors and wild fans don’t curse!?

Xavier: Well, I suppose they do.

Styles: Dispense with the suppositions about that, X! We’re here to break it down to molecules and that’s exactly what we’re going to do!

Xavier: I won’t argue with you there! Tonight folks, we have an outstanding night of action and combat planned with the Middleweight title on the line as well! Overall, we’ll be seeing two Featherweight fights, three Middleweight fights, and as I mentioned previously, one of those will see the title hang in the balance! We’ll also see a whopping five Heavyweight fights!

Styles: Five Heavyweight fights!? That’s a hell of a lot of beef in that ring tonight! We’re definitely going to see some dudes get blasted on and dropped like they got run over by a truck!

Xavier: There’s no doubt that some of these combatants tonight will be tasting canvas the hard way! The first battle of the night takes place between Henson Benderson and Jargon Gin! Benderson…that name makes him sound like he’s the son of that robot due in Futurama!

Xavier: Futurama?

Styles: Yeah, X! Futurama! You’ve never heard of it?

Xavier: I have because I like Family Guy, American Dad and The Boondocks. I never watched Futurama, though.

Styles: Come on, man! It’s funny and Bender has an attitude that I can relate to! Jargon Gin sounds like a unique alcoholic drink!

Xavier: I suppose it does, yes.

Styles: Either that or a Star Wars character!

Xavier: Now that I can hang with!

Styles: I thought so! “Bendo” Benderson sports an unusual green beard but that’s his business! His overall record is 24-20 so dude likes to fight, a lot, and though he doesn’t have the best win-loss record, I respect the fact that he keeps wrappin’ up his fists and getting into that cage to fight! The San Diego native is a two-time champion so that championship mettle is there and proven, plus he’s had some very good winning streaks! His best one to date is 7-fights in a row, and that’s excellent! On the flip side, he’s lost 4-fights in a row before but has obviously managed to get things turned around and has a winning record. Over his last eight fights, he’s exactly even because he’s won and lost four with his most recent loss being at the hands of Outlaw Hardy by unanimous decision at ICS 9! He wants to get back into the win column tonight and he has the tools to get the job done! He’s shorter and lighter than Gin plus he’s ten-years older so his life experience advantage coupled with his combat experience is a factor to consider tonight!

Xavier: Well, I’ll be damned! You did nail it, Styles! Gin does look like a Star Wars character!

Styles: I told you!

Xavier: You certainly did. Gin enters this battle with a 13-7 overall record, and the Irishman, who’s a member of Hitokiri-13, an alliance we’re both familiar with, definitely has a disadvantage in terms of in-cage combat experience! However, Gin’s height and weight advantage in this fight fit right in to his Golden Gloves boxing skills, and as I see it, keeping this fight standing is paramount to his chances of emerging as the victor! Staying on the outside and letting his fists fly is the key tonight because he doesn’t want to get dragged to the mat to test his luck and skill against Benderson, a proven brown belt in BJJ. That won’t be worth the risk for Gin so he may even want to consider trying to counterattack Benderson whenever he tries to get in close and go for the takedown that he seeks. Gin will have to be very careful if he opts to try any kicks because his muay thai skills aren’t on the same level with Benderson’s, but he can still catch Benderson off guard if he times his kicks well. He’s had two different instances of winning 5-fights in a row so when he has momentum, he can keep everything rolling. However, prior to his recent TKO win over Ramon Carlos in the first round at ICS 9, he had lost four fights in a row! He wants to hold onto his current winning ways.

Styles: I think the green-bearded man will win this fight, X! From what we’ve seen, he’s the more well-rounded fighter plus he’s only been knocked out twice in all of the fights that he’s had! Gin, on the other hand, has been knocked out five times and that tells me his chin is susceptible to damage! Benderson isn’t a knockout artist but he can muster enough knockout power to drop Gin and that’s exactly what’s going to happen! Benderson wins by knockout!

Xavier: Gin has definitely absorbed a lot of damage during his career, but he’s also dished out a good amount! He may be out-skilled on paper but he has a puncher’s chance of winning this fight, and I think he’ll be able to utilize his excellent boxing ability to do exactly that! Whether it be through aggression or counterattacks, Gin will land the one-shot knockout to win this fight!

PREDICTIONS: Xavier – Gin by KO; Styles – Benderson by KO

Xavier: The next combatants into the cage will be Aloysius Wiremu and Kevin Huang! Wiremu hails from Marienburg, Suriname, Netherlands and fights out of Las Vegas! This veteran has an overall record of 33-25 so there’s no doubt he likes to fight a lot! The longest winning streak of his lengthy career has been 6-fights in a row and that was early on in his career. However, over his last seven fights, he’s won six of those, so the man is still dangerous, even at his advanced age, and what’s even more impressive is he’s won those six fights by TKO or KO! In fact, two of those wins have come by brutal head kicks so Huang will have to be wary of Wiremu’s kicks or he could have his head treated like a soccer ball! Wiremu has never lost more than three times in a row and he’s obviously on a major roll so keeping that momentum into this fight against Huang is vital! As expected from such a high number of fights, Wiremu has suffered a good amount of damage collectively through his career, and I have no doubt Huang is very well aware of that fact! Much to my surprise, Wiremu has never won a championship! I truly don’t know how that’s possible with a man of his skillset who has had various win streaks and has obviously won more fights than he’s lost. Perhaps Wiremu will win that elusive title before the final bell on his career rings!

Styles: Huang steps into combat with a 16-13-2 record so he immediately is at a disadvantage in terms of in-cage combat experience when compared to Wiremu! However, Huang is also eight years younger than his opponent so there’s that fact, plus Huang has achieved a rare accomplishment in MMA! This man earned a red belt in BJJ, one hell of a feat in and of itself! On that fact alone I have a great deal of respect for him because that takes a tremendous amount of sacrifice, pain, and passion! There just aren’t many men with red belts these days, X, so major props to Huang for that! In light of my comments, it’s obvious that Huang favors the grappling and ground aspects of fighting and will want to get this fight to the ground as soon as possible! One important factor is Huang has championship experience and that will be an important key in this fight, especially since Huang is currently riding a 3-fight losing streak! In order for him to get off the snide, he’s going to have to establish the pace and space of this fight early and force Wiremu to fight his fight as opposed to allowing Wiremu to dictate the pace of the fight! I expect the Indonesian warrior from Jakarta to be quite aggressive from the beginning of this fight!

Xavier: Wiremu has major momentum as of late, Styles, especially with being able to knock out his opponents in all but one of his last seven fights! That shows tremendous power and desire from Wiremu as he approaches the twilight of his career. This fight presents him the opportunity that he should be seriously considered for a championship battle before his body simply gives out on him and he can no longer perform at this level. His confidence is high, and he has the knowledge and experience to withstand the early aggression that’s sure to be shown from Huang! Staying out the outside and keeping this fight on its feet is the key to victory tonight and unleashing well-timed power strikes will lead Wiremu to a win by knockout tonight!

Styles: Huang has proven to be very dangerous on the ground, X, and that’s exactly where this fight is going to end up and be finished! Wiremu has had an incredible run as of late and no one can deny that. However, Huang’s youth and ability to take any opponent to the ground will be the difference maker tonight! Even if Wiremu manages to do some damage to Huang while this fight is on the vertical plane, it’s inevitable that Huang makes this a horizontal fight, and once he does that, it’s a done deal! Huang will aggressively look for takedowns between softening up Wiremu with various punches from various angles, and once he slow Wiremu down enough, he’ll shoot in, get the takedown, and then he’ll position himself to get the tap from any number of angles! Huang wins this fight by submission!

PREDICTIONS: Styles – Huang by Submission; Xavier – Wiremu by KO

Styles: The next fighters we’ll see battle it out will be Ueda Umanouke and Anthony Griffith! “The Yatomi Brawler”, hailing from Yatomi, Aichi, Japan, is a warrior who has seen a tremendous amount of combat! This member of Elite Punishment Inc. is 30-22 overall for a total of 52 fights! That’s a hell of a lot of fighting, especially for a heavyweight where the damage is exponentially increased due to the sheer size and strength of the opponents! This is the second manager that Umanouke has had. With his first management team, he became a champion early in his career during his time at OMEGA FIGHTING, specifically when he defeated Quetzal Montezuma at NO ESCAPE by unanimous decision! Though he wasn’t champion for long, he still has that championship pedigree and that’s always valuable in the fight game! With his current management team, he once again became a champion when he defeated Silas Monk by TKO in the first round at Claymore Elite Combat during the CEC 582 event! He then went on to defend that title five times in a row, a very impressive feat, until he was bested by Pena Pulkkinen by Armbar at CEC 615 in the fourth round of a very brutal battle! His longest winning streak has been 9-fights in a row, which is outstanding, but as of late, Umanouke has struggled mightily! He’s currently on a 5-fight losing streak so he really needs to turn things around tonight against Griffith or he’ll continue this downward spiral!

Styles: “The Animal” Griffith steps into this fight with an 18-14 overall record, so he immediately doesn’t have the same amount of combat experience that Umanouke has, but Griffith has been in enough wars to know how to get the job done! He represents the LEGION OF DOOM and this Bronx brawler won a championship in his one and only KT fight when he knocked out John Riverson in the second round at CEC Rising Stars: XF 43! As you said, X, having championship experience is very vital in any fight and he, like Ueda, can rely on that experience if and when he finds himself in trouble during the course of battle! His longest winning streak has been 4-fights in a row but like his opponent tonight, Griffith has had recent struggles! He’s currently on a 3-fight losing streak so he definitely wants to get off the snide as soon as possible! In my opinion, one advantage he has here tonight is age. He’s seven years younger than Umanouke and that level of energy advantage will help him big time tonight because he’s going to absolutely keep this fight vertical! Bottom line is if he lets Umanouke drag this fight to the ground, Griffith will be in serious trouble because Umanouke’s BJJ skills are superior! Griffith definitely has a puncher’s chance of winning this fight but will have to make sure he jumps on Umanouke early and often because the longer this fight wears on, the more it favors Umanouke!

Xavier: I think Umanouke’s combination of experience and skill will prove to be too much for Griffith to withstand tonight, Styles! He’s much shorter than Griffith and will have to work past the big man’s reach and defenses to get in tight and close. Umanouke has the weight advantage and that will be especially handy if he chooses to lock Griffith into a clinch and lean that extra weight on him while laying into his body with strong strikes before scoring the takedown or pulling guard to get Griffith to the mat where he’s very uncomfortable under these circumstances! Once Umanouke gets Griffith on a horizontal plane, all he has to do is stay busy and continue to press his weight on Griffith while forcing him to defend against a multitude of submissions he can lock in from any angle! Umanouke wins this fight by submission!

Styles: Griffith has enough experience to know how to keep this fight standing, and more importantly, he has the youth, energy and explosion to rush Umanouke effectively and force the shorter man to back up on his heels while landing repeated strikes! If Umanouke is able to weather the storm early, Griffith can still launch attacks from the outside and each time Umanouke tries to get in close, he can tag him with kicks from his tree trunk legs! That’ll make Umanouke think twice and keep him at the distance Griffith wants him to be to light up his chin and score the knockout for the win tonight!

PREDICTIONS: Styles – Griffith by KO; Xavier – Umanouke by Submission

Styles: The next warriors into the cage will be Alexander Gruzdev and Dominic Gotti! Anytime I hear the last name Gotti, I automatically think of the known gangster! Do you think Dominic has any relation to that guy!?

Xavier: It’s difficult to say, Styles, but in this industry, nothing is very surprising, so I’d fully expect him to have direct relations to him!

Styles: Well, if he is, I wonder if he can hook me up with a sweet Mercedes with a kick ass discount price!?

Xavier: I’m not going to comment on that.

Styles: If I roll up in a sweet new Mercedes, you’ll know I had that conversation! “Nagano” Gruzdev, who represents the Evil Empire, steps into this fight with a 25-19 record, so this 35-year-old Russian from St. Petersburg has obviously proven he likes to fight and fight a lot! His boxing skills are world class and that always makes him dangerous in any fight! He’s had various managers throughout his career and has enjoyed success by being a champion in the early part of his career! Unfortunately for him, that early championship success has been the only championship he’s worn but at least he achieved that! There are a great many fighters that never earn a title shot so he’s absolutely in esteemed historical company! The longest winning streak of his career has been 5-fights in a row and not too long ago in Pride, he had two different stretches of winning four fights in a row, so this man knows how to keep captured momentum rolling! He lost his most recent battle against Kristian Johansson at ICS 9 by TKO in the second round, so he’s looking to turnaround his fortunes as quickly as possible! He obviously has that opportunity here tonight against a game opponent in Gotti!

Xavier: “King Don” brings a 6-6 MMA and 13-2 KT record into this fight! His KT success immediately suggests he has an advantage in the standup despite him not being quite world class in boxing! He does have Golden Gloves boxing ability and his world class muay thai abilities can’t be underestimated! Gotti has a substantial height and weight advantage in this fight if he’s able to fully take advantage of it! I’m certain the LEGION OF DOOM members have been showing him different techniques and approaches to this fight through research and, of course, in the gym through training. Similar to his opponent, he’s also had various managers guiding him and he’s been a multi-champion in his career, so he obviously has plenty of skill and ability! He’s knocked out many an opponent, so the power is unquestionable. However, he’s also been knocked out more in his career as of late as opposed to any other point in time! Perhaps this is a sign that all of those tough battles have begun to take more of a toll on him, but he can’t be overlooked! His struggles as of late are well documented within his current 4-fight losing streak! To halt the downward spiral and turn things around, he’s going to have to make Gruzdev taste his power early and often!

Styles: I think the Russian Bear, as I’ll call Gruzdev, is going to winthis fight because he’s more experienced, shorter and lighter, and in this fight, all of that works in his favor! He’s going to have to stick-and-move for the entire fight but that will allow him to wear down the taller and heavier Gotti. Once Gotti’s gas tank empties then he’ll be easy pickin’s for Gruzdev! Gruzdev may not have the same number of knockout wins that Gotti has but he does have enough knockouts to have proven he can get the job done! In a difficult battle, Gruzdev emerges victorious by way of knockout!

Xavier: Gotti still has plenty of dynamite in his fists to turn the tide of any battle, and the fact he can stay outside and launch repeated pinpoint strikes absolutely works in his favor! If he and Gruzdev end up locked in a clinch, that will make it tough on both of them, but my assumption is Gotti’s additional weight would wear down Gruzdev quickly in the clinch, especially if Gotti is as strong as he is heavy! Gotti does have to defend against takedowns but I don’t think that will be difficult because he can utilize his weight advantage to help him out there as well. Gotti can even play the patience game and hit Gruzdev with counterstrikes whenever he gets within striking range to help ensure there’s little to no chance of him taking this fight to the ground! Gotti wins tonight by knockout!

PREDICTIONS: Xavier – Gotti by KO; Styles – Gruzdev by KO

Xavier: Norman Pearson and Kristian Johansson are the next tigers to be unleashed into the cage!

Styles: “Pitbull” Pearson looks like he can be Randy Orton’s cousin!

Xavier: Actually, yeah, he does! Maybe he’s related to him. Since you wonder about Gotti, you may as well ask Pearson about that as well.

Styles: I just might! Maybe I can get hooked up with a sweet new Mercedes and front row tickets to the next Wrestlemania event!

Xavier: You’d be like a kid in a candy store, wouldn’t you?

Styles: As “Stone Cold” Steve Austin always says, oh hell yeah!

Xavier: Somehow, I knew you’d say that. Pearson is 15-10 overall, and the LEGION OF DOOM member from Dapitan City, Philippines has had his share of different managers and philosophical approaches to combat. Despite his winning record, he’s never had an opportunity to win a championship and I have no doubt that’s a current focus with his management team! A dangerous striker who has forced a good number of opponents to take naps in the cage, he’s had his share of tough battles as well, no doubt! For a while it seemed that if he didn’t knock the opponent out then he would lose by decision if he didn’t get knocked out, of course. That can be very frustrating for any fighter, but he continues to battle and that speaks volumes about his heart. A 4-fight winning streak has been his longest up to this point and, to his credit, he’s never lost three fights in a row, and that’s quite an accomplishment in and of itself, especially as a heavyweight and super heavyweight! He’s had his struggles recently and has lost his last two fights, so he wants to maintain the record of never dropping three in a row. In this particular fight against Johansson, he may seriously want to consider trying to take the fight to the mat to not only avoid absorbing unnecessary damage, but to also utilize his excellent grappling ability to slow and frustrate Pearson, let alone look for the tapout!

Styles: “Mr. Amnesia”, which is an unusual nickname, but if he’s able to forget the pain of fighting then that could be very beneficial, actually, is a very impressive 23-5 overall! He has amassed numerous knockouts and has been a champion as well, and rightfully so. His longest winning streak has been 7-fights in a row plus he’s had other various streaks, so he’s dangerous each and every time he steps into the cage! Four of the five losses on his record have been by knockout so he does have that damage, but he’s unleashed a hell of a lot more destruction than he’s received! It’s very confusing and odd to me why his previous management team parted ways with him after that amount of success, but for whatever reasons, that occurred. Obviously, his current management team is very happy about that because he’s won all five fights he’s had under this team so there’s obviously a very symbiotic relationship there. There haven’t been too many fights that have gone to the third round so power and aggression is the name of the game with this man! I expect nothing less than that tonight against Pearson and I’m sure Pearson is as ready for that as he can be! I’ll be very surprised if this fight goes past the first round, X, because either of these men can turn up the heat and overwhelm their opponent in the blink of an eye!

Xavier: Pearson is substantially shorter than Johansson in this fight and that fits extremely well into what he’ll want to get done against a much taller man with freakish knockout power! I expect Pearson to counterattack Johansson because he absolutely does not want to stand and trade strikes with him! Instead, Pearson has the assumed speed advantage due to him being a lighter weight and he’ll have to rely on that speed, footwork and head movement to avoid being dropped like a kettlebell in the gym! Counterattacking to Johansson’s body will sap his strength and energy, which is the best setup Pearson can hope for to try and drag the bigger man to the ground to keep him down there and go to town with his grappling and BJJ skills! Once he does, Pearson will win this fight with a very well-earned submission!

Styles: Golden Gloves boxing skills coupled with the height and weight advantage is a major bonus for Johansson! Additionally, the man can probably punch a hole in the wall and whatever he hits, he dents! Being dented is what he has in mind for the shorter and lighter Pearson, and I fully expect his aggression and standup skills to shine through tonight, X! It works to his advantage to stay on the outside and tag Pearson with precision power shots, especially with kicks because he can keep Pearson at a range where he can’t try takedowns, and if Pearson manages to slip past any of Johansson’s kicks, there’ll be bricks for fists following those kicks and if Pearson slips for even a second, boom, it’s all she freakin’ wrote! Johansson wins this fight by knockout!

PREDICTIONS: Styles – Johansson by KO; Xavier – Pearson by Submission

Styles: The next rams to butt heads in the cage will be Carl Kingston and Thomas Power! Kingston…as in Kofi Kingston?

Xavier: Here we go.

Styles: What!? If he’s related to Kofi then I’m definitely going to get hooked up with some sweet tickets to Wrestlemania! Hell, I may get tickets to that and their next Survivor Series or something like that! You better get on that band wagon and see what’s up, X! You might miss out!

Xavier: I’ll take your word on that.

Styles: Suit yourself! “The Creep” Kingston…hmm, “The Creep”? Maybe I’ll pass on asking him about possibly being related to Kofi, or any other question for that matter. I’m cool. Anyway, Kingston is a very good 25-8 overall! Another member of the LEGION OF DOOM, an alliance that will be quite busy tonight, this Motown product is with his second management team despite beginning his career with a 7-fight wins streak and becoming a champion during that stretch! There are definitely times I don’t understand some of the decisions managers make, but hey, that’s their business! Other managers swoop in to take advantage of the talent and thank the previous team for all of their work with the fighter they pick up! Kingston has had various win streaks so he’s another example of a fighter who knows what to do when he has momentum working in his favor. He’s only been stopped by KO or TKO three times in his career so overall, he hasn’t suffered a great deal of damage, a testament to his defensive ability as well as his ability to finish fights while avoiding taking major punishment! The majority of his wins have been by unanimous decision but Power can’t underestimate Kingston’s ability to knock him out because if he lets Kingston get enough clean looks, you better believe Kingston may very well make him pay in a very brutal and painful manner!

Xavier: “The Warrior” Power is definitely a warrior who likes to fight! Earning a 25-18-1 record, this brawler from Stanhope, England, proudly represents Vendetta and judging by the tattoos on his head and the stains that seem to be permanently etched onto his face, this man has seen many a bloody, brutal brawl! He has trained and battled his way to having world class boxing and muay thai skills, so the standup is where he wants to keep this fight and Kingston is going to have to figure out a way to deal with that! Like Kingston, Power has championship acumen and experience so if this fight boils down to wits, it’ll be very interesting to see who can out-position and outmaneuver who! His longest winning streak has been 5-fights in a row and similar to Kingston, the majority of his victories have come by way of unanimous decision! However, he does have a good number of TKO’s to his credit so Kingston would not be wise to assume he can focus less on Power’s ability to knock him out! Power has never lost three fights in a row so he, too, has displayed top notch defensive capabilities while avoiding punishment and controlling the pace of battle.

Styles: I think Kingston will win this fight tonight despite the disadvantage in terms of combat experience! He’s proven he can overcome fighters who are more experienced and he’s smart enough to know he’ll probably have the best chance of winning this fight by counterattacking Power in an effort to keep him off balance plus avoid letting Power gain any momentum and figure out the timing and distance he needs to wear Kingston down! Kingston is going to have to be very elusive in this fight because he obviously doesn’t want to stand and trade strikes with a world class fighter in the standup, nor does he want to risk testing his BJJ abilities against Power, either! Kingston will have to rely on his height to hit Power with accurate, quick strikes until he can position himself to land the power strikes he’ll need to win this fight by knockout!

Xavier: Power has the younger energy, combat experience, and wherewithal to win this fight, Styles! It’s imperative that he keep this fight standing, and I say that because he’ll want to wear down and possibly knock out Kingston before trying to take this fight to the ground where he can definitely frustrate and wear down Kingston, but he also obviously decreases his chances of knocking Kingston out! However, if he’s able to out-grapple Kingston and thwart his efforts to either escape or lock in any submissions of his own then Power will gain the distinct advantage in that situation and he can angle himself and Kingston to lock in any number of submissions he’s schooled in! Precision and patience will be key for Power tonight because Kingston will definitely be aggressive and look to unleash as much damage as possible if and when he counterattacks the Englishman! Power will eventually open up Kingston’s defenses enough to land the power shots he needs to end this fight by knockout!

PREDICTIONS: Xavier – Power by KO; Styles – Kingston by KO

Xavier: The night of action continues with Michael Brakeley and Albert Van Rooy stepping into the cage of judgment! “The Wolf” Brakeley, who has long middle fingers and has no qualms about putting them on display, is a very respectable 27-17 overall! The Englander from The Compost of Kent has had multiple managers over his lengthy career, and there was a point in time where Jason Diaz thought Brakeley was going to retire or stay retired. Obviously, that was not the case because he’s had a good number of fights since that particular comment! There were many title fights he had but didn’t cash in on the opportunity to become a champion until he finally captured that elusive gold when he defeated Tee Nah at CEC Rising Stars - XF 30 with a nasty first-round knockout! In fact, when you look at this man’s career, he’s had many fights end in the first round, even if he was on the wrong side of the battle! That aggression, pressure, and straight forward approach to fights puts a lot of stress on his opponent’s because he doesn’t allow them space to breathe! They either have to keep him at distance or knock him out! A 6-fight win streak has been his longest while a 3-fight losing streak has been his longest on the flip side. He’s been back and forth over his past four fights, both winning and losing two, so he’s looking to continue the momentum from his recent win over Doug Glatt by TKO at King of the Mountain Tournament Final in the third round!

Styles: Van Rooy, of The Evil Empire, is 16-12 overall, and the Netherlands warrior from Eindhoven starts this fight off with a disadvantage in terms of in-cage experience! Surprisingly, he’s only had one opportunity to win a championship and, unfortunately, he came up a bit short when he battled Gyukosho Fujimoto at Terra Australis Fighting Championship - TAFC: Fujimoto versus Van and lost by knockout in the first! However, he bounced back after that loss and won two fights in a row before losing his most previous outing against James Pearson at Empyrean – EMP Piano versus Tower 3! A 3-fight winning streak has been his longest and a few two-fight losing streaks have also occurred in his career! However, he’s never lost three fights in a row and he keeps right on fighting, so he has the heart of a warrior and no one can deny that! He has as pretty even balance of winning fights by knockout or unanimous decision, but he’s also been knocked out a good number of times in his career, so he’s going to have to rely on his defensive ability and keep his chin tucked unless he wants to take the risk of exposing his chin to Brakeley for tactical purposes! This fight may very well end up being a clinch war since, seemingly, they’re quite evenly matched in terms of their in-cage ability!

Xavier: Van Rooy is still young and hungry, Styles! The fact he’s never won gold is absolutely one of the very core reasons he continually pushes himself as far as he can in the gym and in the cage! He knows full well that Brakeley knows what it’s like to struggle time and again and have championships slip through his grasp, but yet, he figured out a way to finally catch that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, so to speak and Van Rooy wants to solve that conundrum as well! Besting a fighter of Brakeley’s ability will absolutely help give Van Rooy the confidence and momentum he needs to continue his climb towards that title shot that could very well be the icing on the cake of his career! Yes, he’s shorter and lighter than Brakeley, but he’s also 12 years younger! You better believe Van Rooy sees himself as being in better overall physical condition and with that, he can apply tremendous amounts of pressure on the 40-year-old warrior and wear him down with chopping kicks and torso-damaging strikes! Van Rooy will have to rely on speed and agility in this fight to wear Brakeley down, and once he does, Van Rooy will unload with repeated strikes that will overwhelm Brakeley, cause him to cover up, and the referee will end this fight for the win by TKO!

Styles: Brakeley has done it all and seen it all, X! There’s literally nothing that Van Rooy can or will do that Brakeley hasn’t experienced and overcome! There’s no doubt he’s much older than Van Rooy but with that life experience comes vast knowledge! Brakeley knows it wouldn’t be smart to try and match speed and agility with Van Rooy, so the highly experienced veteran can counterattack Van Rooy’s aggression and use measured strikes when Van Rooy isn’t continually pushing the pace or tries to get in close to Brakeley to try and work on his body and legs with various strikes! Brakeley can also rely on number of times he fell short of winning a championship before he did because that struggle and quest can easily light the fire that burns within and push him past his limits against a much younger fighter! Golden Gloves boxing skills and very good muay thai ability will enable Brakeley to withstand the surge of energy that Van Rooy is sure to bring into this fight, especially in the early stages, and once he withstands that rush, he can use those outstanding boxing skills to sway the momentum of this fight to his favor and feel right at home with the strikes he’s capable of executing! Brakeley will find a second wind late in this fight and surprise Van Nooy with a knockout!

PREDICTIONS: Styles – Brakeley by KO; Xavier – Van Nooy by TKO

Styles: Leonid Martinyuk and Samson Fortier will be the next fighters to entertain the raucous crowd! “The Surgeon”, who has me a bit worried because dude has a bloodied shirt and hasn’t even fought yet, is a very solid 13-5 overall! This Russian blade from St. Petersburg, who represents The Stepdads, is currently with his second management team. With his first team, he was a bit back-and-forth with wins and losses but was impressive nonetheless! With his current management team, he’s had his longest winning streak, which is 5-fights in a row, and up to this point in his career, he’s never lost two fights in a row, a nod to his excellent bounce back ability! In a nutshell, Martinyuk either wins by knockout or loses by knockout, and that aggressive approach has won him many a fan in Inferno, as it should be! People vastly enjoy seeing trained warriors being forced to an early nap in the cage and Martinyuk doesn’t disappoint! With his first management team, he never had a fight go past the first round, so that screams aggression! With his current management team, he’s had one fight go to the third round so the aggression is still there, but he’s just not as frenzied as he was previously!

Xavier: Fortier steps into combat with a good 10-7 overall! The Lome, Togo, product, who represents Convicted Inc., is obviously very much into fitness and looks to be in excellent shape! However, being in great shape doesn’t always translate to wins, unfortunately. He has an older brother named Hercules, so it’s no surprise that Samson looks as he does. I can only imagine the sparring sessions and fights those two have with one another! Two instances of a 3-fight win streak have been his best so far while he’s had a couple of instances where he’s lost two fights in a row. Similar to Martinyuk, Fortier basically either knocks his opponent out or he gets knocked out, so, needless to say, there’s a very good chance that one of these men will be kissing canvas when all is said and done when they square off in the cage! Fortier has only had one fight make it to the third round so this fight promises to be very explosive, painful, brutal and probably bloody! That’s just the type of fight that the Inferno fans eat up and ask for more! This fight will boil down to whomever establishes themselves earliest and most powerfully will emerge the victor because I highly doubt these two will be able to stand toe-to-toe and trade strikes!

Styles: How can I not pick Martinyuk to win this brawl!? The man is very much a surgeon in that cage, and he knows exactly what it’ll take to dissect Fortier tonight! He’s a little shorter and a good amount lighter, but in this fight, that won’t be an issue because he has the power to topple a heavier man plus being a lighter weight will allow him to move easier and that speed advantage will come in handy when defending against the world class boxing skills that Fortier has! Martinyuk has Golden Gloves boxing ability so he’s no pushover, and we obviously know the man carries TNT in his hands that can decimate any opponent with one clean shot! Martinyuk will match Fortier’s intensity and pressure, and he’ll be the first man to land the knockout blow that causes Fortier’s jaw to dislocate slightly for the knockout victory!

Xavier: Fortier knows how to use his height and weight advantage in this fight, Styles! No, he doesn’t have the same win-loss ratio that Martinyuk does, obviously, but records don’t matter much when a fist full of knuckles that feel like a wrecking ball crack a man’s jaw! Fortier’s willingness to put himself in harm’s way to earn a victory can be intimidating to even the most experienced fighter, and that pressure, combined with his power, is what will enable him to get the jump on Martinyuk in this fight! He can’t match speed with Martinyuk but he doesn’t need to because he can simply lock him into a clinch, lean that extra weight on him while unloading body and head strikes, then angle himself to find that crease in Martinyuk’s defenses where Fortier can unload the heavy artillery and blast away with an uppercut that sends Martinyuk into the astral plane! Fortier wins this fight by knockout!

PREDICTIONS: Xavier – Fortier by KO; Styles – Martinyuk by KO

Xavier: Next up we have our title fight of the night as the Middleweight Championship hangs in the balance as George Salvador and PutinYa On YerKiester square off! Styles, I know you can’t wait to comment on that unusual name, so go for it!

Styles: You bet your ass I have to comment on that name! PutinYa On YerKiester! Did the dude lose a major bet and had to legally change his name to that!? Is he one of those video game junkies that creates odd character names for RPG or MMORPG games and decided that he wanted his name to be one of them when he turned 18 and could change his name!? I mean, come on, man!

Xavier: I’m sure he has his reasons and hey, the man is fighting for a chance to become a champion, so perhaps it’s an alternate fighting persona he morphs into that garners him success in the cage!

Styles: Whatever it is, X, it’s just odd!

Xavier: It’s unusual, definitely, but this is an unusual industry. Salvador is a very respectable 24-11 overall, and obviously he’s the reigning and defending champion, so he’s doing something right! The Vendetta representative from Ferryhill, England, has tremendous overall skills! World class on his feet and an Olympic-level wrestler, the champion is one hell of a fighter in any circumstances so Kiester will definitely have his hands full tonight! I’m sure he expects nothing less from the champion, however. A 5-fight win streak has been Salvador’s longest while he’s had various times where he’s lost twice in a row but never three times, so if and when he begins to spiral downwards, he doesn’t let it get out of control! Salvador is also a multi-time champion, a testament to his skills, training ethic and management team combining for an excellent fighting product! Many feel, as do I, that Salvador has the mental edge in this fight because this is the second time he’ll be facing Kiester! The first time they squared off was at the Inferno Combat Series - Pride FC 56 event where Salvador won by majority decision! After that victory, Salvador has won his last four fights in a row, two by unanimous decision and two by KO or TKO, so the champ is rolling, he’s confident, and he’s especially dangerous!

Styles: Aw yeah, X! You know how much I enjoy inter-alliance battles, right!?

Xavier: Yes, I most certainly do!

Styles: Well, we got one right here, and there’s a championship on the line! Major bragging rights are up for grabs, X, and that adds intrigue to an already interesting battle! Kiester is 16-7 overall, a very good record, but more importantly, he, too, is a member of Vendetta! That’s awesome because both of these men will try extra hard to not only win but they want to make a mark in their own alliance as the better man and fighter! That’ll make for some interesting moments at their BBQ’s when they all kick it together to watch UFC fights, huh!? The Londoner has world class boxing skills like his counterpart in this fight, so we could potentially see one hell of a standup war! A 6-fight win streak has been his longest so far and similar to Salvador, he’s won his last four fights in a row, so this is the perfect time for these two to meet again! Momentum, confidence and skill are peaking at the right time for this to happen and we get to behold the results of their efforts and success! Kiester has definitely endured his tough fights where he sustained damage on his way to being knocked out, so despite the overall success of both of these men, I don’t think either one of them can risk exposing their chin to the other because one solid strike to the jaw and the momentum swings or the fight may stop right then and there!

Xavier: It’s very difficult for me to not choose the champion to continue his reign in the Middleweight division, Styles! He’s proven that he has the heart, determination and drive to come back in a big way from any loss he suffers, and he obviously knows how to get the job done when the pressure is at its highest and a multitude of eyes are upon him! Having that previous win over Kiester definitely carries value, right along with his championship acumen, and that’s a combination I think is too much for Kiester to overcome! Toss in the fact that Salvador is a world class fighter and athlete on many levels and it’s just a hell of a lot to overcome. Kiester is definitely talented and he’s deserving of this title shot. However, I don’t think the momentum he’s bringing into this fight will be quite enough to carry him over the top and to championship gold! Expect Salvador to stay on the outside and use craftiness to create the angles to land punishing body strikes before he looks to put Kiester away with one of many power strikes that will prove too much for Kiester to withstand! Salvador wins this fight by knockout to take the championship home with him!

Styles: Kiester knows he’s fighting an uphill battle and he’s had the opportunity to study Salvador. Hell, he may have even trained with the man for all we know! The first loss to Salvador will be all the fuel Kiester needs in this battle and he’ll figure out a way to overcome the incredible skillset that Salvador possesses in order to get to his chin and test the ability of the champion to take crushing hooks and whiplashing uppercuts! Kiester will rush Salvador like a man possessed because he knows the sooner he gets the upper hand and presses the action, the sooner he can get to Salvador’s chin to see if the champ can take the punishment he plans to unleash! Kiester will have to prepare to bob, weave, parry and dodge because Salvador will be coming for the knockout, absolutely, so it would behoove Keister to mix in some feints as well as counterattacks to keep the champion guessing long enough for Kiester to launch an aggressive assault that keeps Salvador off balance and sets him up to take power shots that he doesn’t want to take! When the dust settles and the smoke clears, Kiester will emerge victorious as the new Middleweight champion by knockout!

PREDICTIONS: Styles – PutinYa On YerKiester by KO; Xavier – Salvador by KO

Styles: And, for the final fight of the evening, we’ll see Ibrahim Camara and Sheikh Amun Ghosh go head-to-head! Wow, that’s one hell of a nickname! “Dishonest as Fuck” Camara…I’ll just call him Camara, steps into this fight with a 23-12 overall record! The tattooed warrior who has the support of a village behind him, hails from Hombori, Mali, and represents The GBU! Apparently, he became a mixed martial arts fighter by battling Pakistani gangs for Halal chicken. That’s one way to get into this crazy industry. A 6-fight win streak has been his longest so far while a 3-fight win streak has been his longest in that regard. He has been a multi-champion so he has the mettle for that and has proven to be quite successful. Over his past four fights, he’s won two and lost two, so he’s looking to carry momentum over from his recent victory over William Wallace at King of the Mountain Tournament Final by TKO in the first! He’s basically won and lost in every type of way except by TKO due to cuts, so maybe he’ll cover that aspect before retires later on down the road. In the meanwhile, he’s a capable fighter in the standup and on the ground, and his world class boxing and excellent muay thai skills will obviously be of benefit in this fight! He’s also an Olympic-level wrestler and can utilize those skills should this fight end up going into the clinch for an extended period of time!

Xavier: Ghosh steps into the cage with a 23-12 overall record, so there’s no advantage either way in terms of in-cage combat since their records are identical! That doesn’t happen too often, especially at this level of skill and success, and that makes the chess match between these two that much more interesting because they’ll have to rely more on their wits and intelligence as opposed to using their combat experience to be an advantage. The YABAI member from Raqlaq, Qatar, is a leader of Qatari rebels, so like his opponent, he had a rather unique upbringing and pathway into mixed martial arts! It’s surprising to me that Ghosh is with his second management team because when he was with his first team, he did quite well, overall, at least in my opinion. Yes, he fell short with the two championship opportunities he was presented early on in his career, but there was still some success. His 6-fight winning streak is the longest he’s had so far and that occurred immediately at the start of his career. His longest losing streak has been 3-fights in a row and he recently had a four-fight win streak snapped at the hands of George Salvador by unanimous decision at Inferno Combat Series – ICS 9! He’s obviously looking to get back into the win column tonight and faces a very tough challenge in order to do so!

Styles: Just for his nickname alone, I’m going to roll with Camara to win this fight, X! It’s obviously paramount that he keeps this battle in the standup because he doesn’t want to test the grappling and ground skills of Ghosh! Camara can rely on his world class boxing skills and very good muay thai skills to cause Ghosh damage while keeping him at bay to avoid being taken down to the mat! The longer this fight stays vertical, the happier and more effective Camara will be! He’s a bit shorter but heavier so if this fight ends up in the clinch, he can use that weight advantage to lean on Ghosh while trying to land strikes to the body and head to keep him off balance while obviously wearing him down and looking for the strikes or combination of strikes to take the momentum of the fight and force it to is favor! Camara is also four years younger so it’s possible that he may have a slight physical advantage in terms of energy so I expect him to be aggressive and accurate while looking to mix in power shots to try and rock Ghosh’s chin enough to daze him and summarily end this fight! Camara win this fight by knockout!

Xavier: Ghosh is fully aware that he’d be at a disadvantage if he stood and traded strikes with Camara! He also knows that Camara will do anything he can to avoid letting Ghosh take this fight to the ground! Ghosh could absolutely use that expected aggression against Camara and opt to counterattack him every so often to keep him guessing, which will allow Ghosh better opportunities to launch himself into attempted takedowns or even risk clinching with Camara and seeing if he can wear him down with body strikes before going for any takedowns or pulling guard attempts! Since Ghosh is lighter, he should have a bit of a speed advantage, and with that advantage, he can also feint his way into a clinch or takedown because he can make Camara shift his weight one way and Ghosh can attack from a sudden change of angle! Avoiding damage while moving inside of Camara’s defenses is key for Ghosh if he’s going to make this fight a horizontal one! Once inside of his defenses, Ghosh will execute the takedown he needs to alter the course of this fight and control the pace and space while he methodically works his way into better positioning with transitions before going for the finish and forcing Camara to tap!

PREDICTIONS: Xavier – Ghosh by Submission; Styles – Camara by KO

Xavier: All right, ladies and gents, that concludes our preview this evening! We want to thank all of you for tuning in to our very first Inferno Combat Series preview and we hope it provides all of you some insight and entertainment!

Styles: We also want to thank a sponsor we worked with previously. Dark Knight Nutrition, it’s great to see you again! Keep kickin’ out those awesome products and that logo is still bad ass! On behalf of Esiah Xavier, I’m Furious Styles signing off, and we’ll see all of you at the fights!

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...