UFC Fight Night Thompson vs Till Pick'em Thread

Wonderboy is a lot like Machida, and when you're backing up for 20 out of 25 mins you can expect the decision to go against you given the circumstances. I thought Wonderboy out-pointed Till in rounds 1-2 and Till took 5 and maybe 4. 3rd was close like the first two rounds.

Wonderboy is a lot like Machida, and when you're backing up for 20 out of 25 mins you can expect the decision to go against you given the circumstances. I thought Wonderboy out-pointed Till in rounds 1-2 and Till took 5 and maybe 4. 3rd was close like the first two rounds.

I agree - the Karate style of walking backwards and running away at times can look like the other guy is in control - very difficult to score but I felt on the whole Till did the damage

I had it 3-2 Thompson (1,3,4). But I was pretty sure that the judges where going to go with Till before they read the scorecards. The crowd overreacting any time Till flurried, even if they were nearly all misses, and the forward pressure got him the nod.

I thought it was am interesting fight. Till struggled against someone close to his height with an obvious speed advantage, but he didnt panic and stayed with his gameplan. I'm not as high on Till as others, but it was a good performance. I think he'll have a hard time staying at WW and I dont like his chances of being a top guy at MW at all.

2f8691dd551b3122c596123b8737fc39.png

ff39e99b46d51b932262630835c04c47.png

PBR went MIA and didn't pick the last two events but he mathematically still has a chance of placing second or third.

• Upvote 1

fight was boring as hell ... wasn't expecting AWW in the fight anyhow, to begin with
I mean it isn't like Till went on a murderous roll to get the main event spot ... it's his personality and mic skills mainly
and Wonderboy's fight style is exactly this....

I think Wonderboy won the fight ... close fight though...but Till winning it in 2 judges scorecard 49-46 :D come on .... not something for Till to brag saying he is the best fighter in the world though
when fighting outside the states (especially in Brazil and England) we all know decisions tend to go towards the home guy...

but Dana must be laughing somewhere knowing that now he has another guy, plus to sell promotions and hype up :)

I would love to see Till vs Adesanya (Till is a huge welterweight and if he does it in 185 ) ...but UFC will feed him something winnable in a convincing fashion next..
or Till vs Usman would be nice too ... both say they are the best ..SO :-)

btw as Till missed weight, will he move up the rankings?

edit : who am I kidding :D ..it's UFC rankings ... we got mcgregor at p4p #3 ... so

Hold on so number of fights is valued higher than number of wins?

So a man could have 100 wins 0 losses and be ranked below a man with 0 wins 101 losses?

What are you going on about now????