UFC P4P Rankings - What do you think?

Rei

The official UFC P4P rankings have often been the subject of controversy when it comes to fans as everyone seems to have their own differing opinions. Even the concept of Pound for Pound greatest fighters is debated as there is no official criteria regarding the ranks. Currently (as of 18/12/17) they stand at:

UWqMqnK.png

Now, I'm wondering what the bright minds of Mmatycoon think about the P4P rankings, and what changes they would make if it were up to them. What does your list look like? Which fighters deserve to be higher or lower? Post your list below and lets get talkin'

To kick things off, my list would be:

1. Jon Jones (though USADA may change this)
2. Daniel Cormier
3. Demetrious Johnson
4. Robert Whittaker
5. Max Holloway
6. Stipe Miocic
7. Conor McGregor
8. Tony Ferguson
9. TJ Dillashaw
10. Tyron Woodley
11. Khabib Nurmagomedov
12. Georges St-Pierre
13. Rafael Dos Anjos
14. Cody Garbrandt
15. Francis Ngannou
Insult my list, post yer own, do whatever you want - but lets talk P4P. Current of course, not all-time or anything like that.
  • Upvote 2

P4P is always a tough subject to debate. I always feel like one of the biggest factors is what the person's level of competition is. But even that's hard to judge because DJ has always beaten the best Flyweights, but very few have ever made the P4P, so has his level of competition really been that great?

I guess my list would look something like this:

1: Max Halloway

2: Demetrious Johnson

3: Tony Ferguson

4: Daniel Cormier (Jon Jones has been disqualified from my rankings)

5: GSP (if he retires in a month I'm kicking him off this list so fast)

6: TJ Dillashaw

7: Robert Whittaker

8: Conor McGregor

9: Jose Aldo

10: Dominick Cruz

11: Stipe Miocic

12: Khabib Nurmagomedov (I put him pretty low because of inactivity)

13: T-Wood

14: Joanna Not Champion

15: Francis Ngannou

I change my mind on a daily basis, so my list probably isn't worth much lol

• Upvote 2

I could spend hours arranging and rearranging the order, but these are my top ten, in a loose order:
DJ
Holloway
Cormier
Ferguson
RDA
Miocic
Woodley
Snake
Whittaker
Puno

lol

1. Jon Jones
  2. DJ
  3. GSP
  4. Max Holloway
  5. Stipe Miocic
  6. Conor McGregor
  7. Tony Ferguson
  8. Khabib (after he beats Barboza)
  9. Robert Whitaker
  10. D.C.
  11. Tyron Woodley
  12. T.J. Dillashaw
  13. Gegard Mousasi
  14. Francis Ngannou
  15. wildcard; Cruz, Wonderboy, Volkan, idk.

Conor is 2 fights removed from a sub loss to Nate Diaz. He barely won the second fight. A win over Eddie Alverez wouldn't raise his stock as much as the loss decreased it. The amount of hype he would of lost to a guy ranked that low lol... I never liked Jon Jones, but I feel like he's going through a lot of bullshit.

• Upvote 2

1. Jon Jones
  2. DJ
  3. GSP
  4. Max Holloway
  5. Stipe Miocic
  6. Conor McGregor
  7. Tony Ferguson
  8. Khabib (after he beats Barboza)
  9. Robert Whitaker
  10. D.C.
  11. Tyron Woodley
  12. T.J. Dillashaw
  13. Gegard Mousasi
  14. Francis Ngannou
  15. wildcard; Cruz, Wonderboy, Volkan, idk.

Conor is 2 fights removed from a sub loss to Nate Diaz. He barely won the second fight. A win over Eddie Alverez wouldn't raise his stock as much as the loss decreased it. The amount of hype he would of lost to a guy ranked that low lol... I never liked Jon Jones, but I feel like he's going through a lot of bullshit.

Same reason Conor sits at 7 for me. While I feel he could beat many great fighters, he just hasn't done so yet - or not enough to rank any higher.

Why are people putting nganou up there? He’s great, but hes not p4p great. Arlovski wasn’t really hard to beat, his only real legit win was overeem. Not yet in the top imo.

• Upvote 1

Why are people putting nganou up there? He’s great, but hes not p4p great. Arlovski wasn’t really hard to beat, his only real legit win was overeem. Not yet in the top imo.

Overoid was like 6-1 or 7-1 with his only loss being to Stipe. He had to be one of those bottom 15 p4p guys with wins over Werdum, Arlovski, Hunt, JDS... I basically just swapped him and Ngannou and put guys coming off a loss below him (Cruz).

D.C. is the only guy I ranked in the top 10 (or top 14) that's coming off a loss, and if I redid it I might even place Woodley over him, and after Ngannou loses to Stipe I probably wouldn't even consider him for a top 25 spot.

Overoid was like 6-1 or 7-1 with his only loss being to Stipe. He had to be a top 15 p4p guy with wins over Werdum, Arlovski, Hunt, JDS... I basically just swapped him and Ngannou and put guys coming off a loss below him (Cruz). D.C. is the only guy I ranked in the top 10 (or top 14) that's coming off a loss, and if I redid it I might even place Woodley over him.

Ok so 1 legit win puts you in the top 15 of the world? Nah. Hes close but not yet

According to the UFC, 2 good wins gets you a #3 spot so its not that unbelievable that Ngannou could take 15th is it? lol

yeah... It used to be about skill and achievements, now it's just about marketing

It is interesting how nobody has Werdum on their list. I think this dude is possibly the most underrated fighter in history, even though he could be the best HW ever, or in the debate. Since 2009 he has fought 15 times and lost to just 2 fighters, Overeem and the current HW champ. He beat Nog, Fedor and Cain in that run, 3 fighters most people would put in their top 5 HW of all time, but he still cannot make the top 15 in an MMA chat forum.

It is interesting how nobody has Werdum on their list. I think this dude is possibly the most underrated fighter in history, even though he could be the best HW ever, or in the debate. Since 2009 he has fought 15 times and lost to just 2 fighters, Overeem and the current HW champ. He beat Nog, Fedor and Cain in that run, 3 fighters most people would put in their top 5 HW of all time, but he still cannot make the top 15 in an MMA chat forum.

He also went to a decision twice with Travis Browne :hehe:

I think Werdum could easily be in the top 15 P4P. The reason I have Nagannou over him is because even though Ngannou hasn't beaten a ton of elite fighters, the skill and technique he has shown has looked incredible and crisp, which when talking about P4P, that has to mean something, right?

He also went to a decision twice with Travis Browne :hehe:

I think Werdum could easily be in the top 15 P4P. The reason I have Nagannou over him is because even though Ngannou hasn't beaten a ton of elite fighters, the skill and technique he has shown has looked incredible and crisp, which when talking about P4P, that has to mean something, right?

Skill and technique? We see him for 60 seconds in which he throws 5 wild punches and that’s it. Oh and he defended a pathetic td attempt from overeem. Werdum is waaaay better rounded.

Skill and technique? We see him for 60 seconds in which he throws 5 wild punches and that’s it. Oh and he defended a pathetic td attempt from overeem. Werdum is waaaay better rounded.

He did defend a lot of takedowns from Curtis Blaydes and in his fight against Luis Henrique he lit him up for 2 and a half rounds before knocking him out cold.

I'm not saying Werdum doesn't deserve to be in the top 15 but look at Werdum vs Overeem. Werdum lost the first 2 rounds and couldn't finish Overeem when he was hurt. Ngannou took Overeem out in the first round. I feel like if we're talking about P4P that has to mean something when someone loses to someone and then another dude knocks that guy out cold.