The Beatdown - Official News/Smack Talk Thread

agreen

Ok everyone, here are the new rankings. With the help of you guys, I have decided to make a more permanent rankings system. This is how it is going to go, it’s a very simple concept.

Each fighter is awarder 1.5 points for a victory and a .5 point deduction for a loss. This will keep the rankings competitive, you will be listed based on the total points your fighter has. A rule I want to make to add to this is: any top 5 fighter can challenge the champion regardless of the point structure. If you have worked your way up the ladder to the top 5, make your call out and challenge a champ, fair is fair. I can not expect you all to fight to the number 1 contender spot if the current #1 contender is crushing everyone except the champ, it wouldn’t be fair that hes the ONLY one allowed to fight the champ. So that is basically it. ANY ONE IN THE TOP 5 IS CONSIDERED A CONTENDER. Below is the list of the current champions and top 5 fighters in that division with your current points allocated. If you are wondering what your points are and how close you are to breaking the top 5, just simply follow this equation: (# of Wins * 1.5) – (# of Losses * .5) = Points Allocated.

I wanted to add bonus points for streaks and I still may… to help the bottom feeders raise to the top if they get streaky, but that may take me awhile to re calculate every one, but I am still considering this. I hope you all like this method. To me, it is very fair. I hope you see that.

This method will also make the Champion a threat to everybody. The top 5 are all equal in the sense they can all challenge for the championship from here on out.

If you see ANYTHING wrong with this, please message me or post on this thread.

MMA Tycoon Official Rankings (AS OF 12-19-17)

145 lbs Featherweight Division

C- HUD VASH (5-0, 7.5)

1- Ricardo Alvarez (7-1, 10)

2- Mark Tyme (7-2, 9.5)

3- Klay Dee (5-0, 9)

4- Edgy Brah (6-3, 7.5)

5- Cory Dillon (5-2, 6.5)

155 lbs Lightweight Division

C- BENZ BULVER (8-1, 11.5)

1-Miki Viki (7-3, 9)

2-James Winkle (6-3, 7.5)

3-Lalama Amana (5-1, 7)

4-Thybault Parades (4-1, 5.5)

5-TopOf FoodChain (2-0, 3)

170 lbs Welterweight Division

C- EDUARDO VIEIRA (5-0, 7.5)

1-Joseph Murray (6-2, 8)

2-Dan Tasker (5-2, 6.5)

3-Mark Anderson (4-1, 5.5)

4-Noam Dar (5-4, 5.5)

5-Yoel Romero (4-2, 5)

185 lbs Middleweight Division

C- MICHAEL CARTER (8-1, 11.5)

1-Tony Fry (5-3, 6)

2-Yen Askren (5-3, 6)

3-Dave Beast (4-0, 6)

4-Adolf Schwarzenegger (4-2, 5)

5-Young Blood (3-0, 4.5)

205 lbs Light-heavyweight Division

C- YACOB NILSON (6-1, 8.5)

1-Arany Dali (5-1, 7)

2-Midnight Rider (5-3, 6)

3-Jaren Jefferson (3-0, 4.5)

4-Ivan Wolfe (3-1, 4)

5-Ben Wallace (4-4, 4)

265 lbs Heavyweight Division

C- BARTHOLOMAUS WOLFF (5-0, 7.5)

1-Fletch Brandis (7-2, 9.5)

2-Fanta Coco (6-1, 8.5)

3-Donald Trump (6-1, 8.5)

4-Wolfgang Ubensplikt (6-2, 8)

5-Roy Roy (5-1, 6)

• Upvote 2

Because of the same thing you just said. People were complaining that someone 2-0 was on the rankings. This still is directly related to rankings. This method has nothing to do with anything but sheer rankings. But i do see the point of an experienced fighter meaning just someone with a list of fights being above a upcoming 5-0 guy. Something I need to think about. Keep telling me you're thoughts, I want to work this out. I put hours and hours into this game so i tried to develop something I can just plug into my Excel and adjust based off records. Before someone would be 2-0 and beat a 4-1 guy and I was getting messaged that how can a 2-0 be ahead of a 4-1, so i wanted to avoid that.

• Upvote 1

I hear you. I applaud your effort in finding a good way to manage rankings. I think this will work itself out fairly quickly as the org and the fighters mature and acquire more experience. I think records should speak for themselves, and that's tough to do with so many brand new fighters, but this is a temporary issue that will soon, or is already fixing itself.

• Upvote 1

In my opinion most recent fights should have a bigger impact on points for the ranking system. You could have a fighter dominate lesser fighters and get a great run, but when comes up against more evenly matched fighters he struggles. A fighter like this would have so many points already accustomed it would take ages to drop back down.

For example in 155lbs, my fighter Amana has already beaten Viki (2 fights ago, by knockout in the 2nd round), but yet Viki is still the number 1 contender for the belt based on his previous record. My next match, is another fight with him, and if I win that again only then do we tie on points so still not actually overtaken him.

Amana - 319704

"Im going to knock Viki out for a 2nd time, then Im turning my attention to Bulver. I want that belt"

• Upvote 1

In my opinion most recent fights should have a bigger impact on points for the ranking system. You could have a fighter dominate lesser fighters and get a great run, but when comes up against more evenly matched fighters he struggles. A fighter like this would have so many points already accustomed it would take ages to drop back down.

For example in 155lbs, my fighter Amana has already beaten Viki (2 fights ago, by knockout in the 2nd round), but yet Viki is still the number 1 contender for the belt based on his previous record. My next match, is another fight with him, and if I win that again only then do we tie on points so still not actually overtaken him.

Amana - 319704

"Im going to knock Viki out for a 2nd time, then Im turning my attention to Bulver. I want that belt"

Interesting point, can you message me on the game?

"Since that bitch ass lateef lasimba is too scared to welcome me to 170 i wanna fight that punk yoel romero or Noam dar or are yous also too scared?? Weightcutting is tough but make no mistake about it i am a professional athlete and im coming for that belt!"

#2018 #Nextchamp

- Mark Anderson

Damn, Colby, is that you?

"Since that bitch ass lateef lasimba is too scared to welcome me to 170 i wanna fight that punk yoel romero or Noam dar or are yous also too scared?? Weightcutting is tough but make no mistake about it i am a professional athlete and im coming for that belt!"

#2018 #Nextchamp

- Mark Anderson

"Stop calling out bums and take a proper fight with me... Dan Tasker