Cain vs Werdum fight predicitions

bjornmma1

Who will win : Cain Velasquez or Fabricio Werdum?   

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win and how : Cain Velasquez or Fabricio Werdum?

• Cain by (T)KO
    • Werdum by (T)KO
    • Cain by dec
    • Werdum by dec
    • Cain by sub
    • Werdum by sub

I see Cain throwing him against the cage and finishing by tko. Werdum has improved but he should get dominated in the clinch. Looking forward to see what his gameplan is gonna be in the clinch i think he might try and pull guard

Werdum by anything he wants. Clinch, ground(top/down), standup.

Clinch - MT if it goes, if not -> pull guard. (also, thing that JDS never did is use elbow when Cain tries to close the distance, he rushes pretty straightforward)

Standup - if he stays crisp as last fight he could crack Cain, his chin is questionable (Kongo fight anyone?) ; hopefully he will commit to kicks that should sap some of Cain movement, he isnt that affraid of takedown :P

Ground - ask Fedor OR Minotauro :D

Only problem is gas, i see him declining in 4th or 5th depending on damage he inflict on Cain.

Werdum isnt JDS who will be walled onto the fence for 4+ rounds, he got other options.

Looking forward for this one ,like both fighters a lot.

Hopefully no decision as UFC has embarrassed itself a lot (Shogun/Machida ; Gus/Jones ; GSP/Hendrics were all close fights in which challenger won, yet because of stupid "you must finish the champion to be the champion" rethoric they played a robbery game.

Werdum by anything he wants. Clinch, ground(top/down), standup.

Clinch - MT if it goes, if not -> pull guard. (also, thing that JDS never did is use elbow when Cain tries to close the distance, he rushes pretty straightforward)

Standup - if he stays crisp as last fight he could crack Cain, his chin is questionable (Kongo fight anyone?) ; hopefully he will commit to kicks that should sap some of Cain movement, he isnt that affraid of takedown :P

Ground - ask Fedor OR Minotauro :D

Only problem is gas, i see him declining in 4th or 5th depending on damage he inflict on Cain.

Werdum isnt JDS who will be walled onto the fence for 4+ rounds, he got other options.

Looking forward for this one ,like both fighters a lot.

Hopefully no decision as UFC has embarrassed itself a lot (Shogun/Machida ; Gus/Jones ; GSP/Hendrics were all close fights in which challenger won, yet because of stupid "you must finish the champion to be the champion" rethoric they played a robbery game.

Stop posting while you are high, please, hard to take you seriously. Shogun/Machida was a blind judge, nothing else. GSP/Hendricks was that "champion's advantage" bs

• 2 weeks later...

i think this fight will come down to who has the better gas tank, and by all accounts Cain has the better gas tank, Werdum is good and all, but can he deal with the kind of pressure that Cain brings to the table, i think not.

• Downvote 1

Stop posting while you are high, please, hard to take you seriously. Shogun/Machida was a blind judge, nothing else. GSP/Hendricks was that "champion's advantage" bs

Are you fucking stupid? Shogun/Machida was a razor thin decision between two great fighters. Pretending like that was some massive robbery is history revisionism at its best. The same could be said about Hendricks/GSP and Alex/Jones.

Werdum's looked a lot better lately, mainly because he's actually added a S&C program. I don't see how beating a Nog that's a shadow of his former self in a prolonged grappling match is any relevant to beating Cain though, and neither is beating an overconfident and decaying Fedor.

I think Werdum is great and this will probably be a fantastic fight, but come on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Are you fucking stupid? Shogun/Machida was a razor thin decision between two great fighters. Pretending like that was some massive robbery is history revisionism at its best. The same could be said about Hendricks/GSP and Alex/Jones.

Werdum's looked a lot better lately, mainly because he's actually added a S&C program. I don't see how beating a Nog that's a shadow of his former self in a prolonged grappling match is any relevant to beating Cain though, and neither is beating an overconfident and decaying Fedor.

I think Werdum is great and this will probably be a fantastic fight, but come on.

Hendricks/GSP and Gus/JBJ were robberies, the first more than the latter.

I don't think there is a hw high up yet who can take Cain, but I'd love to see werdum finish him.

Hendricks/GSP and Gus/JBJ were robberies, the first more than the latter.

I don't think there is a hw high up yet who can take Cain, but I'd love to see werdum finish him.

By what metric is a fight where someone wins two rounds a piece with one super close one a robbery either way? People need to stop throwing that term around. Pearson/Sanchez was a robbery. Hendricks/GSP was a close fight.

• Upvote 1