Wanna get your ideas on who might in your opinion be overrated in MMA. First that comes to my mind is Daniel Cormier. I just do not like him for some reason. Your thoughts?

Anderson Silva. He was the greatest ever, but he is far past his prime. He got lucky against Chael, and I don't wan't to hear one more person say that Weidman caught him. Weidman dominated the fight completely. Plus the talk about a superfight between him and JBJ is ridiculous even if he hadn't lost to Weidman. JBJ is a better wrestler and standup fighter than Sonnen and Sonnen destroyed Silva for 4.5 rounds.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I don't think that Silva would have a good chance at all to beat JBJ because jones is younger, stronger and just better at this time. If it was a prime Anderson vs this JBJ then that would be good. I do think that Silva will beat Weidman in the rematch but I do not see Silva fighting his other 9 fights on his contract.

DC is hyped, but manhandling Frank Mir, Josh Barnett and knocking Bigfoot Silva out like a joke...well, its hard to NOT hype this Velasquez clone with IMO better wrestling...up.

I hate to say it because, like a lot of others, I was a huge fan of his...but Urijah Hall is the most disappointing overly hyped fighter I've seen in awhile. And the saddest part? Its not because of lack of skill...it just seems like he can't fight in the big leagues. He completely outclassed his last opponent, yet failed to pull the trigger and show us why we all hyped this kid up to be the next mw contender. I'm personally disappointed with him being a bust...

• Upvote 3

Anderson Silva. He was the greatest ever, but he is far past his prime. He got lucky against Chael, and I don't wan't to hear one more person say that Weidman caught him. Weidman dominated the fight completely. Plus the talk about a superfight between him and JBJ is ridiculous even if he hadn't lost to Weidman. JBJ is a better wrestler and standup fighter than Sonnen and Sonnen destroyed Silva for 4.5 rounds.

Weidman caught him :P

I don't think that Silva would have a good chance at all to beat JBJ because jones is younger, stronger and just better at this time. If it was a prime Anderson vs this JBJ then that would be good. I do think that Silva will beat Weidman in the rematch but I do not see Silva fighting his other 9 fights on his contract.

Exactly how I see it. JBJ would GNP the shit out of Silva.

• Downvote 1

DC is hyped, but manhandling Frank Mir, Josh Barnett and knocking Bigfoot Silva out like a joke...well, its hard to NOT hype this Velasquez clone with IMO better wrestling...up.

I hate to say it because, like a lot of others, I was a huge fan of his...but Urijah Hall is the most disappointing overly hyped fighter I've seen in awhile. And the saddest part? Its not because of lack of skill...it just seems like he can't fight in the big leagues. He completely outclassed his last opponent, yet failed to pull the trigger and show us why we all hyped this kid up to be the next mw contender. I'm personally disappointed with him being a bust...

I totally agree because during TUF he was the scariest dudes out there and a lot of people didn't want to fight him but he seems to not be able to handle the stress of fighting in the big leagues very well. I think he may need to talk to some fighters who have been in a while to learn how to deal with the pressure. I was looking forward to him being a contender but I was very disappointed!

Weidman caught him :P

Exactly how I see it. JBJ would GNP the shit out of Silva.

it's like wanting to have Dominic Cruz come up and fight GSP. I say just leave them alone and let them fight in their own divisions.

Over roid is the most hyped up mma fighter of all time

you know 2 fights ago I would have disagreed lol but now it looks like he needs his cardio to come up a bit or maybe go back to the roids again. I was hoping for big things from him but nope.

you know 2 fights ago I would have disagreed lol but now it looks like he needs his cardio to come up a bit or maybe go back to the roids again. I was hoping for big things from him but nope.

He has to go back on roids but he gets busted again and thats it for him

maybe the good old TRT?

Yea. But he wont be able to fight in the states as he is a known user the commision wont give him the go ahead just like vitor. abuse roids so much that it wont do him much good now. He will fall apart and his cardio will suck even worst so no point it this point. His juicing is caughting up to him.

Yeah Overeem will be the most overhyped fighter unless he gets stuck into his conditioning and comes back hard in his next couple of fights against respectable opponents. If he disappears or just fights no ones then there's no redemption. I personally think he was a better fighter before he got really massive.

And just to throw it out there, GSP is overhyped in the stricter sense of the word 'hype'. No arguments he is the best getting around (in his weight at least) and a brilliant fighter. He just isn't very interesting to watch.

I hate to say it because, like a lot of others, I was a huge fan of his...but Urijah Hall is the most disappointing overly hyped fighter I've seen in awhile. And the saddest part? Its not because of lack of skill...it just seems like he can't fight in the big leagues.

100% agreed. DC is a monster who has deserved his hype there's no doubt about it.

Urijah Hall is a perfect example of how mentally tough MMA is. Dude has excellent skills and he is super athletic. He just can't pull the trigger when it's game time.

And Overeem yeah... God damn that is sad to see him go down like this. Then on the other hand if the juice was all that kept that dude winning it kinda spoils the previous achievements too so for sure he is over-hyped, IMO.

Overeem... his cardio is killing him. I'm thinking that even fighters in the lower weight class has a good chance of defeating him. :D

At this point anyone can beat overroids. If big slow foot can knock him out all you need to do is not get pressured in the first after that the fight is pretty much over for him if he can't put you away in the first round. Another' example of why not to do roids. It fucks you up big time. Fedor is the next over hyped guy. Beat cans for years and then got beat by ufc has beens and also big slow foot.

Overeem always looked better at around 240 lbs in kickboxing, so I'm hoping he'll move down there. I don't see what training at Mike's gym will do for his MMA game though.

Uriah Hall had so much hype and it looks like he could be released by the UFC. Maybe they'll give him one last chance to prove himself.

sadly I wanted Hall to do well but I just don't think he will get another chance. He already had two performances where he couldn't pull the trigger. I think if he can get the mental aspect down he will be able to be a true contender. sad part is we may never know.

Yeah Overeem will be the most overhyped fighter unless he gets stuck into his conditioning and comes back hard in his next couple of fights against respectable opponents. If he disappears or just fights no ones then there's no redemption. I personally think he was a better fighter before he got really massive. And just to throw it out there, GSP is overhyped in the stricter sense of the word 'hype'. No arguments he is the best getting around (in his weight at least) and a brilliant fighter. He just isn't very interesting to watch.
I agree I think Overeem needs to go out there and prove that he is back but I don't think that can happen unless he drops some weight or juices lol and GSP I don't think has been the same since being knoked out by Serra. I mean he even said it himself since then he didn't want to take shots like that I know no one does but he now just fights the way he does which is safe. I loved the old GSP who would go out and want to kill pople.
Overeem... his cardio is killing him. I'm thinking that even fighters in the lower weight class has a good chance of defeating him. :D
You probably are right, I mean as long as you do not get put away early you can beat him, Browne was getting manhandled by Overeem and was able to hold on and then TKO's him. Even big foot did the same. The plan against overeem will be let him punch himself out then just slap him in the face and he will go down.
100% agreed. DC is a monster who has deserved his hype there's no doubt about it. Urijah Hall is a perfect example of how mentally tough MMA is. Dude has excellent skills and he is super athletic. He just can't pull the trigger when it's game time. And Overeem yeah... God damn that is sad to see him go down like this. Then on the other hand if the juice was all that kept that dude winning it kinda spoils the previous achievements too so for sure he is over-hyped, IMO.
I do agree that DC is good but there is something about him I don't like. IDK if its his personality or what but I mean saying you are going to drop weight and beat JBJ. Does anyone actually think he would beat JBJ? I dont.

Brock Lesnar - Sucks

Chris Weidman - Sucks

Uriah Hall - Sucks

BJ Penn - Sucks

Alistair Overeem - Sucks

Lol I agree with most except BJ Penn. I mean Bj now a days yea he should fight at 155 not 170 because he has always had issues there but I do feel he was dominant during his prime. Everyone else on the list I agree with.

I do agree that DC is good but there is something about him I don't like. IDK if its his personality or what but I mean saying you are going to drop weight and beat JBJ. Does anyone actually think he would beat JBJ? I dont.

Who better than DC? DC is like a slightly shorter version of Cain Velasquez with less power shots and better wrestling IMO. I believe he has the best shot out of any LHW to beat JBJ because hes smart and will not let JBJ use his reach advantage. And JBJ has a pretty good wrestling game...but nowhere near as good as DC, who is an olympic wrestler. Will he absolutely defeat JBJ? No, but I'd give him just as good of a shot than any LHW out there now.