Synchronicity's Face/Off - Official Smack Talk Thread

FrankyFin

This weeks fighter spotlight is none other than Junkyard Dog. Truly a warrior at heart, lets take a moment to salute our loyal and dangerous Junkyard Dog.

-On a side note, I will be handling some family duties during July and will step back from my weekly fighter write up duties during that time. It has been an honor to write for Synchronicity and I look forward to returning when time permits.

“He’s just a junkyard dog”. For a long time people thought of that as an insult. Until you really break down what embodies a junkyard dog it would be easy to misconstrue that sentence. On the surface a junkyard dog seems trapped, menial, and one living within a reality inside of a reality. But when you dive deeper, a Junkyard Dog is a protector of a realm. He is a general, a Sgt. and the front line soldier. He has one mission and has full authority to do whatever it takes to complete that mission. Now that sounds like a hero, that is our Junkyard Dog. However our Junkyard Dog does not rule over a junkyard, no, his realm is the cage. Junkyard Dog has been a loyal servant and protector of this realm. He has fought in it over 40 times. Never changing his approach after victory or defeat, he blazes forward determined.

When you are a Junkyard Dog winning and losing are only part of the equation. The true battle is life and death. “Every fight I survive I consider a win, when you are truly ready to die in the cage, you accept this and fight with the will of a survivor, however you also fight with the demeanor of a man ready to die.” Junkyard Dog definitely seems at peace within the cage. When he fights he is relentless and clearly willing to give everything he has. Does he honestly prepare for the idea of death before every fight? Who knows, but if he has already accepted death, then he may be able to fight with no fear whatsoever.

Currently Junkyard Dog is the reigning and defending 185lb Synchronicity Champion. It took him over 20 fights in Synchronicity to finally win that belt. Guess what, he lost it two fights later, but guess what he won that thing back 2 fights later... This man/dog does not quit.

Junkyard Dog is getting prepared for his 2nd title defense of this current reign. He will take on the highly respected Pekka Toivonen. It will be a bloodbath. Our beloved champ Junkyard Dog is 35 years old. He truly has nothing left to prove but true to form of a junkyard dog, I think we all are anticipating him fighting until he literally dies. Is there such a thing as retirement for a junkyard dog? Personally, I do not think so, I expect our Dog to go out in a blaze of glory, probably in some open weight open ID tourney at the age of 55, he will finally get caught by some nasty flying knee that will put him at peace forever….it will be how he wants it.

Until then we are all delighted to watch the Junkyard Dog protect his realm. Remember if someone calls you a Junkyard Dog it is a badge of honor, not an insult.

As always Synchronicity fans...FIGHT ON!

• Upvote 2

President of Publishing's Column

"...yea but did he mention the time Grigol beat the shit out of Nixon!" screams G Wad into his phone. "No! Self-serving &%@# comes into my thread to beat his chest. I AM THE PRESIDENT OF PUBLISHING!"

G Wad throws the phone across the room.

G Wad's mood has soured. The filet mignon his team of chefs prepared turns to ash in his mouth.

Just earlier today, it wasn't like that. G Wad was pleased and riding high after blowing the lid off of not one but two major Tycoon conspiracies in last week's edition.

Champion manager, tournament king, legend of the game and now soon-to-be Pulitzer Prize winning journalist.

The enthusiasm displayed by the entire Synchronicity team has been overwhelming and only deepens G Wads drive to bring the community the latest and greatest breaking news and commentary.

"Its [sic] f****** awesome dude! I think i [sic] am underpaying you lol "relayed Syn owner Alex Maniatakos.

"I wish I was like you" said Syn secretary/recruiter Bjorn.

It was surprising earlier in the week, to G Wad, to receive a call from Alex M with an altogether unexpected message.

"G Wad, mate. Youre doing great work. I know a guy who knows a guy that works with Quinten Tarantino. Im gonna use my connections to get you a meeting, The world needs to see your talent" said Alex. "By the way, don't worry about this weeks event, you've earned a break" he continued.

"Out of the question! My loyalty lies with the people of this great organization" said G Wad, flatly refusing. "They depend on me to bring them the very cutting edge. Tarantino can suck a fat one."

G Wad is, of course, tireless and not one to rest on his laurels.

Besides, G Wad had already booked a non-refundable coach ticket to meet up with his targets or rather subjects, of this weeks piece.

G Wad is going to visit Louie DePalma, who had assembled a few members of his ragtag team of Keyboard Warriors for a special interview.

G Wad knows Louie well. G Wad has battled Louie on 11 occasions. Louie has only tasted victory once.

This weeks Syn headliner is a real treat as Latka Gravas, the Syn welterweight champion, managed by Louie, takes on Syns lightweight champion Elgin Turner, managed by fellow KW Lucky Lefty.

///

G Wad flies to LA.

Flying coach is beyond unbearable. G Wad wonders if installing a jacuzzi in his private jet is worth going a week without the luxuries hes accustomed to.

The cretinous flight attendant has stuck him next to a disgusting fat woman and a sniveling kid who keeps biting his fingernails.

G Wad arrives in LA tired, annoyed and altogether uncomfortable.

He pulls up outside Louies HQ. There appears to be a bit of a crowd assembled.

G Wad steps out to get a closer look.

Over a loudspeaker he hears "Tonal is the great fighter in the history of mankind!"

Pushing his way through the crowd he sees... Yes, yes it is. Its Mentor, shouting into a bullhorn aimed at Louies gym.

G Wad looks around. Besides, Mentor, who is sporting a designer Italian jacket with his hair slicked back, the crowd is packed with unkept hobos.

G Wad spots a table to the side of the rally distributing soup which appears to be drawing more attention than Mentor himself.

Mentor spots G Wad and excitedly approaches, positioning himself between G Wad and the door to Louies.

"G Wad! You came to cover me?" he asks, beaming.

"What? Are you... no. It's a big week for Syn, I've come to talk to Louie and Lefty."

"Oh" says Mentor, the expression on his face dropping for an instant. "Do you know how old GAMMA is?" he proceeds, a flicker of light coming back to his eyes.

"Yea, isn't it like..."

"11 years old. Oldest continuously held organization in the fight game" proceeds Mentor. "What do you think about that."

"That's great, Mentor" says G Wad, feigning interest.

"No, I mean what do you think about that as a topic. To discuss? Would be great to share that in your widely read column."

"Yea, Im not sure it would really be appropriate, man. You know its supposed to be about Syn" says G Wad, exasperation growing.

"Do you know how many top managers are fighting in GAMMA?"

"Mentor, come on man, I don't have time for this. Let me get by" says G Wad.

"Okay, okay, just let me keep telling people my alliance helped get you into the HoF and Ill let you through" pleads Mentor.

"Really dude?"

"Please?"

"Fine, whatever" says G Wad. "Wow, what a piece of work" he thinks, pushing his way through.

///

After entering, G Wad is directed to the second floor and enters a large meeting room where he finds the two men hes traveled far to see, Louie DePalma and Lucky Lefty, sitting on a couch in the middle of the room. Behind and to the left of the couch is a large bar with a wide assortment of drinks.

G Wad takes a seat in a smart yet comfortable chair directly in front of the couch.

"Would you like to help yourself to a drink?" asks Lefty.

"No thanks, I'm working" replies G Wad. "Say, what was all that about outside."

"What? Oh yea. Mentor is here pretty much every weekend, just kind of used to it by now. But I cant criticize him too much, his rallies have helped feed the homeless all these years" says Louie.

"So that's what that crowd was. Interesting. I guess it is true, he is good for the community" says G Wad.

"I suppose so" Louie chuckles.

G Wad is starting to feel more at ease. Part of his eagerness for this assignment was to stroll down memory lane with Louie.

"It's been a while since we've seen each other hasn't it? Last time must have been 3 years ago at Syn 530. The Chief beat your boy Fook Man if I recall correctly, hehe" G Wad says.

"I vaguely..." begins Louie.

G Wad interrupts Louie, chuckling "where did that one put me? Up 9-1-1 against you?"

Louie is about to speak but G Wad has momentarily lost himself and continues, savagely.

"And who could forget that time you were you accused of bribing a judge with your sexual wiles to try to beat me?"

"You can't disrespect my alliance leader like that! a voice from behind the bar squeaks" startling G Wad.

"Who's there? Is someone hiding behind the bar?" asks a startled G Wad, directing his question towards Louie and Lefty.

"I wasn't hiding!" squeaks the voice.

G Wad watches as a small hand reaches up to grab a martini glass perched on the top of the bar. He then hears a shuffling of feet as a tiny body exits the side of the bar, becoming visible and proceed towards the couch.

Its none other than May 2020 Syn manager of the Month Aylib!

I was just getting a drink he says, putting his glass on a small table in front of the couch. Lefty lends a hand to give Aylib a boost onto the couch.

"Me and my fellow army of pygmies wont put up with any disrespect" says Aylib. "Team Alpha Midget strong!"

"It's OK Aylib, G Wad is just having some fun" says Louie. "Shall we talk about the card this weekend, G Wad?" he asks.

"Sure, of course. Lets get down to business" says G Wad. "Champion versus champion, friend versus friend, this should be an interesting..."

G Wads phone rings. It's Bjorn.

This isn't a good time. But G Wad hasn't been able to get his phone repaired after the regrettable incident earlier when he lost his temper. The screen is all cracked and the touchpad isn't registering correctly. G Wad is furiously pressing to turn it off but he accidentally answers the call.

"Hullo? G Wad?" says Bjorn.

G Wad tries to hang up. He'll explain the circumstances to Bjorn later, surely he'll understand.

OH NO! G Wad seems to have put it on speaker phone!

"G Wad, I just wanted to thank you for your very kind help. The doctor you recommended me to has been most helpful" says Bjorn, as the entire room listens on. "My stool has been solid for 3 days in a row!"

"Jesus" says Louie, putting his face into his hand.

"Bjorn, listen, please hang up. I can't talk now" says G Wad, assertively.

"But G Wad, I have several other things I would like to...." says Bjorn

G Wad chucks his phone out the window. He watches for a few seconds as a dozen hobos scramble to claim it.

"Sorry about that, where were we?" G Wad ask, returning to his seat.

"The fight, we were talking about the fight" says Lefty, rolling his eyes.

"Right, right. Latka versus Elgin" says G Wad. "Louie, what do you think about going head to head against your alliance mate, Lefty?"

"Let me put it this way, Lucky's gunna be unlucky on June 13th" says Louie, grinning and looking quite proud of himself.

"It should be a good fight" says Lefty. "Latka's got some power but I think Elgin can take him."

"It's because his name is Lucky Lefty" says Louie, still grinning.

"We'll see if Elgin can test Latka on the ground, that may decide the fight" says Lefty.

"I think that's all I need for my story" says G Wad. "It's been a pleasure, thank you for having me."

The men stand up. G Wad shakes hands with Louie and Lefty and then gives Aylib a pat on the head, ruffling his hair at the end to the little tyke's delight.

G Wad had a good time hanging out with old pals. G Wad looks on Louie as an equal. Not an equal in terms of fighting of course, since G Wad is 9-1-1 against him, but in the all around good guy kinda way.

All in all, it was an interesting day.

////

Syn 692 Turner vs. Gravas

1591711860Syn.jpg

Fight breakdowns

Elgin Turner vs. Latka Gravas
The Synchronicity lightweight and welterweight champs go head to head in one of the most exciting fights of the month. These fighters are in the prime of their careers and this fight could determine which can make a run towards the Hall of Fame moving forward. What else is there to say? G Wad leans towards Latka. Latka has had chin issues in the past but G Wad doesnt think that will be an issue with Elgin. Look for Latka to win the standup and cruise to victory.
Prediction: Latka Gravas by Decision (Unanimous)

Tapani Kansalainen vs. Ernest Graves
Finnish Thai Kickboxer Tapani Kansalainen, managed by Marky Mark, squares off against Ernest Graves, managed by Arthur Vandelay in the lightweight division. Its a striker versus matchup, Ernest will do whatever he can to get this fight to the ground as he won't be able to compete with Tapani standing. Ernest is an elite grappler but his chin has been vulnerable in the past. G Wad hates to say it but this is a striker's game, Tapani will be able to run back to his sauna with his head held high.
Prediction: Tapani Kansalainen by TKO (Strikes) in Round 2

Vadim Golovkin vs. Hiroshi Ekaku
G Wad has been told there are millions of dollars on the line in this featherweight matchup. Golovkin, managed by Blake Phoenix, is visiting from PFC, to take on Hiroshi Ekaku, managed by Chris Karter. Lets see if Ekaku can give Vadim the good ol Syn welcome we're famous for. Golovkin, at the ripe age of 27, is just starting to come up the ranks. G Wad notes he still has a lot to prove in the big leagues. Meanwhile, Ekaku made his first appearance at Syn almost two years ago and has fought some of the best in the world with inconsistent, at best, success. At the end of the day, G Wad wonders how a guy that's just gone 2-5 at some lesser orgs has the gall to think he can win in Syn.
Prediction: Hiroshi Ekaku by KO (Punch) in Round 2

Gennady Mikhasevich vs. Ispa Mfer
FinnFighter sensei Jorma Otsu leads welterweight Ispa Mfer in a battle against Jamal Jamison's Gennady Mikhasevich. Ispa refuses to win without a finish and G Wad respects that. Ispa sports great power and a decent chin, but does he have what it takes to advance up the leaderboards? First he needs a few wins at Syn under his belt, including this one against a tricky Belarussian who put the late, great Remi Highjack into retirement. On paper, this is Ispas to lose, says G Wad.
Prediction: Ispa Mfer TKO (Strikes) in Round 1

Remy Valentine vs. Mush Mouth
Jeg Grackson's Mush Mouth takes on Louis Princip's Remy Valentine. In this fight well see two old, fatass men trade some blows and attempt to get past round one. In all likelihood they will not succeed with the latter. It's essentially a coin flip on which mound of flesh can smash into the other sooner and harder. G Wad flips. Its tails.
Prediction: Mush Mouth by KO (Punch) in Round 1

Herbert Mullin vs. Jackson Spinks
Leonardo Ferreira Jackson Spinks, managed by Manuel Salad Tosen will be put to the test against Anti Kristus' lightweight Herbert Mullin. Spinks is a versatile fighter with dangerous skills both standing and on the ground. On the other hand, G Wads a little concerned that Mullin may not have had the chance to round out his skills yet, especially grappling skills which will surely be crucial for his survival in this fight. This is Convicted vs. FinnFighters people G Wad is rooting for the ref.
Prediction: Draw

Peter Narz v Watch Out Ronaldo
Aspiring architect Arthur Vandelay makes his second appearance on the card to see if he can draw up a win for his featherweight Peter Narz against Prince Mitchell's Watch Out Ronaldo, who's reppin the Stepdads. Cast aside by Team Alpha Midget, this is Watch Out Ronaldo's third fight under new management, hell need a couple more good wins to demonstrate his Stepdad worthiness. Narz has seen a certain level of success over his career but just has not yet been able to crack into the elite level so far. Narz will try to get this to the ground, but even if he does, will that be enough?
Prediction: Watch Out Ronaldo by Decision (Unanimous)

Super Meat Boy vs. Like Boss
A true fan favorite, descended from one of the most celebrated entertainers in Tycoon history, Super Meat Boy looks to dazzle the crowds under the new management of Bradley Burns. His first fight under the Burn's banner will be against Like Boss, managed by Harleton Dambara. These boys bring the power. My sources tell me Super Meat Boy is hungry. Will Super Meat Boy stamp out a new legacy? Will he devour Boss whole? Yes, says G Wad.
Prediction: Super Meat Boy by KO (Punch) in Round 1

Sol Kwon vs. Spencer Rubenstein
Battle in the light heavyweight division as Sol Kwon, managed by Mateusz Buchholz, takes on Spencer Rubenstein, managed by Randall McSweeney. Kwon has seen reasonable success so far under Buchholz's management, going 2 of 3 since stepping up to Syn. Kwon has shown great power throughout his career and will be looking to go in for the kill against Rubenstein who hasn't yet experienced the sweet taste of victory in his first two fights at Syn. G Wad doesn't see a lot to separate the fighters, it could really go either way. G Wad is but an unbiased commentator. He roots for power and power has manifested itself in Kwon.
Prediction: Sol Kwon by KO (Punch) in Round 2

Russell Northrop vs. Troy Hooper
In the final fight of the card, two fighters on the tail end of their careers, Russell Northrop from the camp of Rabid Wolf fights Troy Hooper, who, at 42 years old, just moved to Sam Fairfax's management. Northrop has won one of his last 11 fights. No, you did not read that wrong. That being said, he has had the honor of losing to some of the most decorated fighters out there from our headliner Elgin Turner to Paul Warrior and Orlando Diggs. While the days of competing with the best of the best appear to be behind the chinny welterweight, he must feel he has a decent chance of success against his aging competitor. To have a chance against Hooper, Northrop will need to take this to the ground, where he excels, but even then there is no guarantee. Sorry Northrop, we all like an underdog but G Wad just calls em like he sees em.
Prediction: Troy Hooper by TKO (Strikes) in Round 3

• Upvote 11

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1591711860Syn.jpg

:band:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/1300066337C%20F%20Club.jpg

Hiroshi Ekaku

19-9-3 (10 TKO, 1 SUB, 8 DEC)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/23/23b2.jpg

VS

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15049171747508.jpg

Vadim "Future #1 Sparbot" Golovkin

16-4-0 (9 TKO, 7 DEC)

SCOUTING REPORT

Strengths:

Boxing

Granite Chin

Weakness:

Convicted Inc (0-2 vs Convicted)

Ekaku's Key(s) to Victory:

Stay confident

Implement gameplan

Corner:

Chris Karter

Kazuka Fuujin

Orlando Diggs

Hakuin Ekaku

sponsored by

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/thumbnail/1590407398Trap%20House%20Banner.png http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/thumbnail/1265562558convictedclothingthumbn.jpg

• Upvote 2

Camara on a crusade of fake news against Syn. Seems that i am doing something right in this org if Camara hates it !

In other news, congrats to Turner for a huge win. Mr Gravas will have to go back to WW and defend his belt. Kansalainen will get a shot at the 155lbs belt in July. Sad loss for Ekaku with a split decision . Chin up ,you will bounce back soon

• Upvote 4

President of Publishing’s Column

G Wad is awakened by the sound of his blaring cell phone.

Irritated and half asleep, he squints to see what sort of blighter is calling him at this ungodly hour.

It's Bjorn.

"No way I'm dealing with that right now" mutters G Wad, ignoring the call and turning over.

Minutes later, just as G Wad is on the precipice of slipping back into dreamland, the phone rings again.

“Persistent one, ain’t he?” thinks G Wad. “Well two can play at that game…”

G Wad reaches for his phone and chucks it into the jacuzzi next to his bed, creating a splash which startles and arouses one of the fine naked babes lying prostate on the bedroom floor.

“What the f*** was that?” yells the blonde.

“Shhhh Jessica. We don’t want to wake our friends” says G Wad softly, as the heads of a few other groggy-eyed females strewn about the room rise up to see what the commotion is about.

“Uhh, my name’s Florentine”.

G Wad scours the vast reserves of his mind for a way to extricate himself from this unpleasant situation.

“Can you make a deviled egg?” he asks.

“F*** you asshole” says the redhead, picking up her tank top and panties and storming out.

G Wad shrugs and rolls over.

///

An hour later, G Wad’s butler enters the room to find a still-sleeping G Wad.

He clears his throat with a polite and dignified “ahem” but finds no movement. It takes three more “ahems” in progressively louder volume before G Wad as well as half of his harem begin to stir.

“Huh, need something Jeeves?” asks G Wad, rubbing his eyes.

“Sir, the authorities are here to see you” answers Jeeves.

“The authorities? You mean cops? Just say the cops, man…” says G Wad. “Pretentious son of a…” he mutters under his breath as he throws on a pair of shorts and shirt.

“I have shown them into the sitting room, where they await your presence” says Jeeves, undeterred.

“Alright, alright. Got it. I’ll be there in a second” says G Wad. “Oh Jeeves, another thing. I can’t for the life of me remember which but last night one of these chicks promised to make me deviled eggs this morning. I need you to wake them up one by one and find out.”

“I shall do so most diligently, sir” says Jeeves. “But I would be remiss not to inform sir that the early birds have well and truly procured their worms and the church bells rang thrice at their last iteration”.

“English, Jeeves” says G Wad, irritated.

“It’s almost 4pm”.

“Hmmm” thinks G Wad, silently turning this new revelation over in his mind.

G Wad finishes putting on his clothes and moves towards the door before turning back and telling Jeeves, sternly, “and I expect the eggs to be waiting for me when I get back”.

///

G Wad enters the sitting room and finds two officers of the law in uniform who rise out of their seats as he approaches.

“Are you G Wad?” the shorter one asks.

“Yes, that’s me”.

The taller one says “a missing persons report was filed on your behalf by one Mr. O’Donnel. We came to investigate”.

“Touche, Bjorn” G Wad murmurs.

“Excuse me?” says the taller officer.

“Nothing. Everything is fine gentlemen. Just a misunderstanding” replies G Wad, as two half naked women tiptoe across the hallway behind the backs of the two officers, towards the exit. “Here is my ID”.

G Wad hopes neither was the deviled-egg specialist.

“Yes, I see. Looks like it all checks out” says the shorter officer. “Just one thing before we go, the filer of the report requested we give him a call once we got a hold of you”.

“Wait, don’t, awwww….” exclaims G Wad.

It’s too late, the number has been dialed.

“Hello, Mr. O’Donnel?” says the shorter officer, into his phone. “He would like to speak with you, Mr. G Wad” he says, handing over the phone.

“Hello” says G Wad.

“G Wad! You’re there! I was so worried!” says Bjorn, excitedly.

“Yes, everything is OK. I believe I missed your call” says G Wad.

“I’m just glad you are safe. I’m not sure what I would have done if…”

“You wanted to speak about something, Bjorn?” asks G Wad.

“Oh, yes. Alex has been called away on important duty, he gave me the duty of informing you about your upcoming assignment” Bjorn tells G Wad, referring to Synchronicity owner Alex Maniatakos.

“Oh yea, that” says G Wad rolling his eyes. “God why did I sign up for this s***” he thinks.

Bjorn proceeds, “this Saturday there is a big fight. Rocco Marciano vs. Link Gaetz. It’s Syn 694

“OK”

“Now I know you renegotiated your contract with Alex last week to include a clause which bars you from any travel within a 500 mile radius of Finland so unfortunately, you will not be able to meet with Gaetz’s manager John Coffey” says Bjorn.

G Wad momentarily puts his hand over the cell phone receiver to scream at the top of his lungs “JEEVES! COFFEE! NOW!”

“Sorry Bjorn, you were saying?” he proceeds.

“But Alex was able to secure an interview for you with Marciano’s manager Chris Karter” says Bjorn.

“Who?” asks G Wad.

“CK? Rambo? BAMF?”

“Not ringing any bells” says G Wad.

“I’m sure you’ll recognize him when you see him. Oh, how I wish I was Karter” says Bjorn, a touch of sadness in his voice.

“Just last week you said you wished you were me!” says G Wad.

“I wish I was either of you” Bjorn says, wistfully.

An awkward silence.

Another half-naked girl tiptoes silently towards the exit. G Wad is hoping this will wrap up soon.

“Anyway, I will send you the details over email now. I’m sorry to have to cut our talk short but I have a doctors’ appointment I must not miss” says Bjorn.

G Wad breathes a sigh of relief. “Bye Bjorn” he says, before hanging up and handing the officer back his phone.

G Wad returns to his bedroom to have breakfast. 3 deviled eggs.

///

The next day, G Wad flies down to Tallahassee and drives an hour into the heart of the panhandle to meet Chris Karter in Bumf***, Florida.

Alex has organized the two to meet at the finest dining establishment the area has to offer.

G Wad pulls up to the Waffle House 10 minutes early and surveys the scene.

He lights a cigarette and takes a few puffs before turning around to see approaching him a very tall, strangely shaped man with red hair approaching.

G Wad is perplexed as to why this man(?) chose to wear such a long jacket on an inexplicably hot and muggy summer day in Florida.

MkECBPO.jpg

As the man gets closer, G Wad watches as the man stumbles, abruptly losing all control over his balance and crashes dramatically to the ground, revealing a second man underneath the jacket who had been hoisting the ginger man on his shoulders.

The normal sized man on the bottom cries out, immediately bounces up and sprints off down the road.

The ginger, who G Wad can see now is of laughably short stature, looks G Wad dead in the eyes, his cheeks turning a rosy pink color before he too hops to his feet and runs after his accomplice.

G Wad could have sworn he had seen the man before. But he just can’t think of where….

G Wad takes another puff.

He waits for half an hour for this "Chris Karter".

Karter never did show up.

Syn 694 Marciano vs. Gaetz – Fight Breakdowns

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1592577337SynCity%20Poster.jpg

Rocco Marciano vs. Link Gaetz

Tonight’s headliner features a head-to-head battle between two of the elite Heavyweights in the game. Forever under his father’s shadow, Rocco, managed by Chris Karter, has fought some of the best heavies the Tycooniverse has to offer over his career, but has just never been able to break into the best of the best, losing to top names such as Syn champion Iain Tower, as well as Tower’s contender for the title next week at Syn 695, Rocket Bob Frankels. At 34 years old, the time for Rocco to put together another run for the upper echelon may be running out – or it may be just right. Meanwhile, Link Gaetz, managed by John Coffey, is making his first appearance at Syn, after a long stretch with Inferno Comba Series. Gaetz has had a successful career, fighting big names month after month and at one point putting together a string of wins, including a knock-out of the aforementioned Tower, that saw him reach #6 p4p. G Wad marvels at the similarity between the styles, skills and records of Marciano and Gaetz. These boys have good power and good chins and they know how to put those to work. This will come down to RNG. But in the end, G Wad gives Gaetz, with slightly more power behind his punch, the edge.

Prediction: Link Gaetz by KO (Punch) in Round 3

Sergei Martynov vs. Just Whymer

A very intriguing matchup between perennial contenders Sergei Martynov, managed by Anti Kristus and Just Whymer, managed by the eponymous Whymer Van Mastodon. Sergei is moving up to the LHW division for this fight for the first time in his career. Martynov had a lot of success in MW, only falling to quite literally the best the division has to offer, including Latrobe Arundel, Kalvero Kaunismieli, Junkyard Dog and Pekka Toivonen – quite the lineup. Likewise, Just Whymer has only been felled by 1 fighter over the past year, former Syn LHW champ Kassim Magufuli. G Wad also wants to point out, he knows as well as anyone the danger of Whymer, the manager. This will be an interesting, competitive fight and like many on the card, it could go either way. G Wad goes with his gut. Gut says Whymer.

Prediction: Just Whymer by Decision (Unanimous)

Lito Alcala vs. Iolyn Madog

In this featherweight matchup we find Lito Alcala, managed by Randall McSweeny face off against Iolyn Madog (henceforth referred to as the Welshman), managed by the one, the only, Billy Arseworth; the pride of the Stepdads. The Welshman has shown flashes of great potential in his career thus far, getting all the way up to #8 p4p before struggling as of late, around the time he joined Syn, the greatest org in history (surely a coincidence). G Wad shall watch closely to see if Billy can return the Welshman to promised glory. His opponent, Alcala, has fought some of the best fighters in the weightclass with inconsistent success but some success nonetheless, and should not be considered a pushover. In their two fighters’ last matchup, the Welshman stopped Alcala in his tracks in round 2. Can he do it again? Yes, says G Wad.

Prediction: The Welshman by TKO (Strikes) in Round 2

Maxim Menshikov vs. Kay Bone

In this fight we have a couple 275lbers with a combined quarter ton of potential. Both Maxim Menshikov, managed by Vladimir Koval and Kay Bone, managed by Balls Manager have demonstrated consistent results and must feel a win here will propel them into the name of top contenders. Bone, at just age 27, will be making his debut at Syn in a major step up in terms of competition. G Wad likes seeing the young guns thrive but can’t help but wonder if he’s being a tad ambitious. Does he have the skills to compete with the dangerous Russian? G Wad wants to believe.

Prediction: Kay Bone by KO (Punch) in Round 2

Mike Holmes Jr vs. Carl Moore

David Septim’s non-Elder Scrolls based light heavyweight Mike Holmes Jr takes on Joe Tre’s Carl Moore. Holmes shocked the world in his last bout with his post-modern interpretation of David Frost to end the career of Syn legend Evil Nixon. Holmes and Moore are both versatile fighters and it would not surprise G Wad to see this end up and be decided on the ground. On the other hand, G Wad wonders if Moore’s chin will last long enough to drag Holmes to the ground. G Wad doesn’t like those odds.

Prediction: Holmes by TKO (Strikes) in Round 1

Nuri Jafar vs. Fallschirm Jäger

The bout features an interesting contrast of styles as accomplished grappler Fallschirm Jager, managed by Pablo Spezziale, takes on one-time KT fighter Nuri Jafar, managed by Rabid Wolf. The kickboxer Jafar does, however, hold a black belt in BJJ which will come in handy against the German’s dangerous ground game. G Wad finds the matchup difficult to call as Jager has only had one real MMA fight in the last two years and it remains to be seen how he fares against elite strikers. But call it G Wad must.

Prediction: Fallschirm Jager by Submission (Kimura) in Round 2

Gurgen Davidyan vs. Gaultier Girard

A striking contrast of power in this middleweight matchup between Gaultier Girard, who is possession of large quantities and Gurgen Davidyan, who isn’t. The battle also features an opportunity for vengeance on behalf of Lance Templeton, the manager of Gaultier who was soundly decisioned in a fight last week at Syn 692 against Silent Bob, the manager of Gurgen. Power may not be the end all be all but when you come across an opponent with debilitating chin issues, such as Gurgen, G Wad considers this a foregone conclusion. Look for Gaultier’s hands to melt the Armenian’s chin. Quickly.

Prediction: Gaultier Girard by KO (Punch) in Round 1

Misha Collins vs. Jimmy Doyle

For the sake of unbiased analysis, G Wad pushes back against his conscience’s pleas that fighting Jimmy Doyle at age 43 violates the Geneva Convention. The old geezer, managed by Petro Sohitto, will fight a young whipper named Misha Collins, managed by Rodrigo Rojas. Both fighters have had storied careers, driven in large part by elite grappling skills. If you are excited by the prospect of two old, sweaty men rolling around for 15 minutes, this one is for us you! G Wad truly believes this could go either way. For old times’ sake G Wad gives this to Doyle.

Prediction: Jimmy Doyle by Decision (Unanimous)

Marciano Cobb vs. John Rydeland

At the other end of the card we find a second, assuredly lesser, Marciano, who apparently doesn’t know the difference between a first and last name. Marciano “Crusty” Cobb, from the camp of Stef Power, will take on “Little” John Rydeland, managed by Slobo Dragovic, representing Limitless. G Wad’s previous appeals to the wisdom of the crowds on what, exactly “Limitless” is have unfortunately, and heartlessly, gone unanswered and as such he is reduced to guesswork. In any case, Rydeland has witnessed a decent level of success thus far under Dragovic while Marciano, frankly has not (his highlight for 2020 so far being a no-contest 3 months ago). Nevertheless, Marciano is still young and skilled. G Wad sees a rebound on the horizon.

Prediction: Marciano Cobb by Decision (Unanimous)

Samran Mookjai vs. Ghazi Okah

At the bottom of the card we have a light heavyweight battle between Samran Mookjai, a representative of the POWERFUL Stepdads’ managed by Mr. Ryan Epicity, and Ghazi Okah, managed by Dani Saabo. The aging Okah has a storied and successful past, managed by some of the greats, including Bwang Song Jr. who took the now 36-year old to number #8 p4p. It’s safe to say that Okah’s best days are likely behind him, his skills and chin are likely not what they once were but he’ll hope for some success against Mookjai, a relatively recent pickup for the Epicity camp who has gone 1-1 at Syn in his attempted rebound. In the end, G Wad believes, the overall skill advantage, assuming the primaries are an accurate representation, will deliver Mookjai the dubya.

Prediction: Samran Mookjai by TKO (Strikes) in Round 2

• Upvote 8

Iain Tower flirting with a spot in the Top 3 P4P rankings if he wins against Frankels. The oldman aint messing around though .

Managed by Manager of the Year , Bwang Song, these two form a lethal duo in Syn's HW division .

Stef Power's ,Mark Kerr, wants to return to his winning ways after his disappointing performance in the title fight against Tower. His opponent, Leonardo da Vincible sees Kerr as a stepping stone . A stepping stone that will elevate his career to ''superstar status''. Kerr is a freaking beast though . Heavyweight division is unpredictable ... Really hard to predict the outcome of any fight ... Thats why we love Heavies and made sure that Syn probably has the strongest HW division in all of MMA Tycoon.

In the Middleweight Division Frank Stein vs former PFC superstar ,Jaheim Reid. The winner of this fight will be a strong candidate for a shot on 185lbs gold !

Only at Syn 695 ! Dont miss it !

VCmwRHI.jpg

PS: Cant wait for Gwad's preview for this event. I bet he s got some juicy stuff to report on Mac and Bwang . lol

• Upvote 4

President of Publishing’s Column

1445545408Monkey%20Typewriter.jpg

G Wad awakens, in a daze.

He surveys the surroundings.

Into his mind rush a stream of questions that his current level of consciousness cannot begin to comprehend.

“Where am I?” pops the first question in his head – understandably.

“When… am I?” pops the second – slightly more troubling.

“Who. Am. I?” pops the third – indicative of a full-on breakdown.

G Wad takes a few deep breaths but maintains his signature poise. He looks down at his hands. Large, tough, masculine hands. Most importantly, human hands. G Wad is narrowing it down, calming his restless nerves.

G Wad survey’s the surroundings again, now calmer and feeling less encumbered by the multitude of questions floating in his head.

Bed. Floor. Ceiling. Walls. Jacuzzi. Why, it’s none other than a master bedroom.

“This must be home” thinks G Wad.

He looks around for any clues, checking his pockets. But nothing.

The phone rings.

G Wad stares at the phone for a full five seconds. The caller ID reads “Boss Man”.

Finally, G Wad picks up.

“H… Hello?” says G Wad, anxiously.

“Hey, hey! There’s my President of Publishing! How have you been buddy, how’d it go?” says a booming voice on the other end of the line.

G Wad’s not sure how to respond and tries to play it smooth, starting with “Oh uh. You know, good. I’m good”.

Realizing halfway through that there’s no hope of keeping up this charade, G Wad continues, asking, as nonchalantly as possible, “Listen, quick question… who is this?”

“G Wad you silly goon, it’s Alex Maniatakos of course” says the voice.

“Geeeee Waaaad” G Wad mouths slowly to himself as he looks into the distance. Yes, yes. He remembers now, this is his name.

The man he’s talking to is Synchronicity owner Alex Maniatakos. G Wad is the President of Publishing at Syn.

It’s all coming back.

“Everything OK, G Wad?” asks Alex M. “You’re acting a bit funny”.

“Sorry, I uhh, didn’t sleep well. What were we talking about?” says G Wad.

“I was asking about the interview. How’d it go?” responds Alex M.

“Interview. Right, right” says G Wad. “I’ll uhh… just need to peruse my notes first before I give you the report”.

“Sure, sure. Whatever your process is” says Alex M. “I just wanted to hear your thoughts on Bwang. Quite a character, eh?”

“Bwaaaang…” mouths G Wad. And as he does, a high pitch sound rings in his ears and a blinding white light consumes his vision as memories of one of the most bizarre experiences in his lifetime come flooding back.

////

[DAYS EARLIER]

G Wad touches down on the Polynesian archipelago of Tonga.

He’s come to interview Bwang Jong Sr, manager of heavyweight title challenger Rocket Bob Frankels at this Saturday’s Syn 695.

Bwang’s very name draws sharply contrasting reactions throughout Tycoon. Before taking the assignment, G Wad consulted with some of the very best minds in the game for their takes.

"Bwang? He's a madman" said Ryan Epicity. "A walking CIA psychedelic experiment gone wrong."

"Oh he's a genius dude. His mind operates on levels ours can hardly hope to conceive" counseled Billy Arseworth.

G Wad meets Bwang by a small shack on the outskirts of the capital, Nuku’alofa.

As G Wad approaches, he sizes the man up from head to foot.

Bwang is barefoot and shirtless but covered from head to foot in tribal body paint, and to G Wad, resembles a Jackson Pollock painting.

G Wad reaches in to shake his hand.

Bwang, standing perfectly still, arms staying by his sides, looks G Wad dead in the eyes and says, in a somber and serious tone “my friend, they will tell tale of your journey through all eternity”.

G Wad pauses, mouth agape, looking at Bwang. He does his best to conceal his alarm.

Then in an instant Bwang clasps G Wad’s arm violently and, still looking into G Wad’s eyes, nods and says “you have a powerful aura”.

G Wad, not quite sure how to respond but in an effort to affect composure replies, firmly, “Thank you.”

Bwang releases G Wad and quickly turns around and walks towards the shack.

“Come. Let us dine and contemplate divinations of a higher order” shouts Bwang over his shoulder.

G Wad remains frozen in his place momentarily. He looks back behind at the gate and outside world, feeling a sudden compulsion to drop everything and run.

“Booooom. Booooom.” From behind the shack comes the beat of a drum, starting slowly and getting faster and faster. “Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom.”

Something about the repetitive percussion snaps G Wad back to his senses. He realizes he cannot let his adoring readership down.

He slowly walks through the shack and out into a wide backyard.

Bwang’s men has quickly constructed and lit a massive bonfire in the center of the yard that dominates the scene.

bonfire_fire_flame_152658_2560x1440.jpg

G Wad watches as Kvame Zulu, Damagon Enchãrya and Ulysses Blazkov jump about in a primordial dance around the fire.

He spots Bwang standing by the side, alone, looking straight up into the twilight sky. G Wad makes his way over.

“Bwang?” says G Wad.

No response.

“Bwang!” shouts G Wad, exasperation growing.

Bwang continues to stare at the sky.

At length he utters “what are we to the lords of sky and sea?” And slowly moves his head down to face G Wad.

“An interesting question, without doubt, Bwang” says G Wad, “but I wonder if we could talk about Syn 695?”

“Let us not dwell on such worldly shallowness” says Bwang. “Let us consume the sacred fruit and enter new plains of existence – and beyond”.

“Look Bwang, I get where this is going but I’m working here. I need to stay sober to write my column” says G Wad.

“And write it you shall” says Bwang. Then, in a moment of uncharacteristic clarity, Bwang utters his only non-cryptic sentence of the evening “But there is simply no way you will be able to comprehend me or my roster without doing this peyote with me”.

Looking around the bonfire and at the trance Bwang’s men have fallen into, G Wad is forced to concede this point.

He reluctantly agrees.

This concludes the end of G Wad’s lucid memories from the entire sojourn to Tonga. His senses would only fully recover upon waking in his bed in Montreal days later.

G Wad can picture cloudy flashes of dancing naked to the sweet music of Melek Taus’s harp and he has a hazy recollection of a ritualistic goat sacrifice performed by none other than Rocket Bob Frankels biting through the poor beast’s jugular.

But between the hallucinations, blackout and temporary amnesia, G Wad is disinclined to trust these peyote trip fragments to be real.

G Wad learned a lot about Bwang and his stable. More than he would have liked, to be frank. But he never got the man’s thoughts on the upcoming big fight. Was that all part of Bwang’s machinations? Who knows?

Sure, he may be a crazed lunatic, but he also may have assembled the most impressive band of fighters imaginable. Instead of thinking of those as contradictory, maybe, just maybe, thinks G Wad, these characteristics are complimentary.

But there is one definite takeaway G Wad has learned from this experience.

“I’ll never eat peyote with Bwang Jong again” G Wad says, out loud.

///

“Excuse me?” says Alex M.

G Wad has forgotten he is still on the phone with Alex M and at the sound of his voice is jolted out of his flashback and back to his bedroom in Montreal. The narcotic must not have fully worn off.

“Oh, nothing. Yes, Bwang was a most interesting subject” says G Wad.

“Did I hear you say peyote?” asks Alex M. “No drugs on assignment G Wad, we talked about this. The PR was bad enough after you smoked up with Billy in your second interview.”

G Wad loses his temper and shouts “Well, that time I had just come back from Finland. I EARNED IT!” Instantly realizing he overreacted, G Wad tries to lighten the mood, “Alex, Alex, that was my first column, I didn’t know the rules, come on. And peyote? Let’s be real, that was just a joke, haha”.

“Haha, sorry, you’re right G Wad. You scared me there for a second” says Alex M. “So now I guess you’re getting ready to go see Mac Little in Stockholm?”

Mac Little manages Syn heavyweight champion Iain Tower, one of the most formidable fighters in the game, who will be defending his belt against Frankels this Saturday.

“Mac Little. Yes, yes just about to leave now” answers G Wad as he starts calculating the time it takes to throw on a suit and get to his airstrip.

“Great, great. Good luck with Mac, he’s one of the most respected in the community” says Alex M.

“Sure, sure” says G Wad, abruptly ending the call and running out the door.

It’s not just from Alex M that G Wad has heard good things about Mac. The Swede comes with a good reputation and at the lofty heights of #1 manager in the game, it’s not hard to see why.

///

G Wad arrives in Stockholm.

He makes his way over to see Mac.

G Wad knocks on the door of the legendary Punch Out Gym, Mac’s HQ. He’s excited to meet the man, the myth, the legend.

Suspension builds. The door opens.

It’s not Mac. It’s Alex K., leader of Tycoon’s finest alliance, The Stepdads.

Attentive readers will distinguish the difference between Alex M, owner of Synchronicity, the world’s greatest org and Alex K., leader of the greatest alliance.

“Alex? What are you doing here?” asks a surprised G Wad.

“Oh, you know, I drop by from time to time” replies Alex, casually. “I guess you’re here to see Mac about Syn 695?”

“That’s right, I’ve come for an interview” says G Wad.

“He’s a bit tied up at the moment, but I’ll take you to see him” says Alex, cheerfully.

“Please lead the way” says G Wad and the two walk down a long hallway. “I really wasn’t expecting to see you here Alex, you never mentioned you were good friends with Mac.”

“Oh, we’re close alright” says Alex. “His three best fighters are all products of the Alex K. system.”

“Is that so?” asks an intrigued G Wad.

“Oh yes. Iker Ramirez, Lenny Kowalski – and hey even the Syn Champ Iain Tower, who brings you here today, all used to be members of my camp.

“Interesting. No hard feelings on your part?” asks G Wad. “Seeing your ex-fighters prosper under someone else doesn’t conjure any negative emotions?”

G Wad and Alex stop outside a door.

“Oh no, not at all. Mac and I came up with an agreement a while ago, we’re all good”.

Alex opens the door to a pitch-black room, which both men enter.

Alex flips a switch on the side of the wall illuminating what G Wad can now see is a dingy and barren room, just too big to be a closet.

Lying on the floor is a man wearing a full gimp suit, hogtied at the wrists and ankles and with a gag ball in his mouth.

heavybondage040.jpg?w=640

“Wh… what…” stammers G Wad, horrified.

“As I said, Mac’s a little tied up at the moment” responds Alex, as calm as ever.

“A little!? What the f*** is going on!?” yells G Wad, slowly backing up towards the door.

“Would you lighten up?” says Alex, chuckling. “We’re just horsing around.”

“This… this isn’t right” says G Wad, starting to hyperventilate.

“G Wad” says Alex, this time more seriously, “this is all part of our agreement. He gets his pick of fighters from me and I… well I get to blow off some steam whenever I want”.

G Wad dry heaves.

“It’s not sexual” says Alex quickly, in a defensive tone. “I’ve heard that remark before and I just don’t care for it. We all have our own methods of venting and dealing with day-to-day frustration.”

“Definitely not sexual” Alex repeats, shaking his head.

G Wad nods nervously, in silence.

“Mhpfhmhm” says Mac, his voice muffled by the gag.

“He’s says its an honor to meet you” translates Alex.

“You know, I can always come back in a bit if you…” starts G Wad.

“Nonsense, nonsense” says Alex, “ask your questions.”

“Ummm… Okayy…” says G Wad, reluctantly. “How confident are you about Tower in the upcoming fight?”

“Oh Tower’s a beast, he’ll win for sure” says Alex, nodding.

“Thank you, Alex, but I was really more interested in hearing Mac’s answer” says G Wad.

“Mflghsfhdjm” says Mac.

“Mac agrees” says Alex.

G Wad realizes he’s not bound to get earth-shattering insights like this. He decides to change tack.

“Mac, what do you think about this agreement you have with Alex?” asks G Wad, pausing to glance at Alex out of the corner of his eye. “Is it worth it?”

“Mfhmghdmlmm mghjfjd mpghgh” says Mac, louder now than before.

“He says he thoroughly enjoys it” translates Alex.

At that Mac starts shouting “MMMMMM MMMM MMM!” and violently struggles with the binds behind his back.

“Are you sure he said…” G Wad starts to ask, suspiciously.

“What are you accusing me of?” asks Alex with a shocked look on his face. “You know what, question time is over. This guy was nothing before he met me. Nothing. Not even VIP. He's lucky, that's what he is. Isn't that write Mac?” asks Alex, turning back to Mac.

"Mphmpgh" says Mac.

G Wad does not need a second invitation to leave this sordid scene and quickly begins to back out towards the door.

As he leaves, he hears Alex mutter to himself, “Now where did I put that whip?”

///

Back home in Montreal, reflecting on what he has experienced and witnessed in the lead up to Saturday’s big event, G Wad thinks to himself, “Who am I to judge?”

Peoples’ proclivities, be they psychedelic transcendental ascension or something a bit more… well… kinky(?), are purely personal matters.

G Wad’s conclusion from the entire affair is that he was fortunate to have the opportunity to spend time with some of the best managers in the game.

And also that he should never eat peyote with Bwang Jong Sr again.

But don’t mention that last part to Alex Maniatakos.

Syn 695 Tower vs. Frankels – Fight Breakdowns

1592748279fUkM1kr.jpg

Iain Tower vs. Rocket Bob Frankels

This is the fight that’s putting the fans in the stands. The matchup features two of the deadliest managers in the game Mac Little and Bwang Jong Sr going head to head for the 5th time in their careers. Currently their H2H record is split at 2-2 apiece, who will be the one to pull ahead? Tower vs Frankels in an epic repeat of the two heavyweights’ title fight two months ago which saw Tower steal the crown off of Frankels with a dramatic and shocking submission victory, Tower’s first since 2018. Frankels has been a long time staple of the Syn brand for years, fighting the greatest the division has to offer many times over and holding the belt on multiple occasions. Now at the age of 38, is this his last chance? Does he have one more act of brilliance to unleash on us all? As if Frankels needs any additional motivation, by G Wad’s calculations, Iain Tower is the only fighter to hold a perfect record against Frankels. Every other fighter who’s been able to beat Frankels has invariably lost to him at some point – from Orpheus Boagrius to Mark Kerr. The only exception is Tower*. Tower is an incredible specimen who holds all the tools to get it done at heavyweight. With 7 straight wins since joining Mac Little’s roster, Tower has climbed back up the p4p rankings to #5 and will soon be threatening to reclaim the #1 position he attained under the tenure of Alex K. G Wad can’t wait for this one. If G Wad was a betting man, which he is, he would put his money on Tower.

Prediction: Iain Tower by TKO (Cut) in Round 2

*Apart from a test fight

Mark Kerr vs. Leonardo Da Vincible

Sticking with the heavyweight division, we find a battle between a couple top contenders jockeying for position among the elite tier for a shot at the winner of this evening’s titular fight. Stef Power’s Mark Kerr has been around Syn’s proverbial block for more than a year, kicking ass, taking names, and suffering only the occasional loss to household names, including tonight’s headliners. Kerr is tried, tested and true, having proven his ability to be among the top coma inducers in all the land – time and time again. Compared to Kerr, Marky Mark’s Leonardo Da Vincible is a relative baby on the scene. The one time kickboxer spent the better part of his career bouncing from manager to manager before settling in with Marky and now faces his second fight at Syn. Sure, Leonardo looks quite smug sipping that Cabernet Sauvignon at the moment but he could feel much the inferior with that purple belt around his waist if he’s unlucky enough to have to deal with Kerr’s devastating GNP. G Wad thinks we’ll learn a lot about Leonardo from this fight and how he deals with a dangerous opponent. Will Da Vincible be able to add his name to the very impressive list of fighters able to defeat Kerr? Possible says G Wad. But plausible? No.

Prediction: Mark Kerr by TKO (Strikes) in Round 2

Frank Stein vs. Jaheim Reid

David Septim’s Frank Stein is at it again just weeks after dispatching his last opponent. One more win would give him a strong argument as a 185lb title contender after winning four of his last five fights against quality opponents. First, he’ll have to get by Prince Mitchell’s Jaheem Reid, who’s making his Syn debut following a long and overwhelmingly successful stretch with Pulse. G Wad sees this as a tough fight to call. Stein holds the superior power but Reid just might have what it takes in the chin department to whether the storm. Meanwhile, his recent record doesn’t suggest Reid has the power to test Stein’s - at times - questionable chin. Stein’s been on an impressive tear recently and looks as if he’s found the right combination of something moving forward.

Prediction: Frank Stein by Decision (Unanimous)

Finnish Experiment vs. Vasily Grossman

Finnish Experiment, a fighter whose very existence, G Wad notes, is a crime against all that is holy, is taking on Cue Dini’s Vasily Grossman in the featherweight division. The Laplander, managed by Bloody Gutz, has put a nice little streak together, winning all three of his fights at Syn (the greatest organization in the world). The Experiment will be looking to put past setbacks and bad luck in the rearview mirror once again. A few more wins and he’ll be right up there in contention. Grossman is an up and coming 25-year-old taking on his second opponent in Syn after a close decision loss in his debut. Grossman still has a lot to prove and G Wad can’t help but wonder if his skills are up to this test.

Prediction: Finnish Abomination by Decision (Unanimous)

Coral Sea vs. Sameh Mahmoud

A lightweight battle between big name managers Pablo Spezziale, represented by Coral Sea and Sameh Mahmoud, represented by Ryan Epicity. Coral Sea is a dangerous grappler looking to translate his past success at other (admittedly lesser) orgs to Syn. He stumbled off the blocks in his debut, succumbing to another dangerous grappler. This matchup may work better in Sea’s favor as Mahmoud would appear vulnerable, on paper, to an elite grappler. Mahmoud also stumbled in his first fight at Syn, but against lightweight champion Elgin Turner, who could blame him? He recovered in his last fight, but now at age 40, how much longer can it be reasonably expected for him to keep this up? The writing is on the wall I’m afraid, says G Wad.

Prediction: Coral Sea by TKO (Strikes) in Round 3

William Snowdon vs. Alonzo Trotter

G Wad believes we have on our hands a good ol’ grappling match Seppo Rautakanki’s William Snowdon and Jim Rush’s Alonzo Trotter. Both fighters will have the opportunity to bounce back from recent losses and with the fight likely to be decided on the ground, both will fancy their odds. Snowdon has reached higher heights over the course of his career and at just 28 years old, he’ll be hoping for a win here to propel his career back to its previous trajectory. Snowdon is also dealing with the added adversity of his first fight under new management. G Wad’s rooting for the young fella, but his money’s on the crusty veteran.

Prediction: Alonzo Trotter by Submission (Kimura) in Round 3

Mikko Alatalo vs. Expendable Crewman V

Big hitters Mikko Alatalo and Expendable Crewman V face off in the heavyweight division. Keep your eyes peeled for a knockout as these boys don’t like to leave it up to the judges. It’s a night of firsts for Alatalo as he makes his debut under the Mello Jones’ banner and his first fight in Syn. His opponent, Kanis Lupis’ Crewman, who holds the distinction of having power about as good as his chin is bad, has been a longtime Syn staple, fighting some of the best and delivering as much pain as he’s received. At a lumbering 286lbs, it’s kill or be killed for the 35 year old. At any rate these are two fan favorites who are sure to deliver the fans what they want. If only they could both be knocked out…

Prediction: Expendable Crewman V by KO (Punch) in Round 1

Joao Cajo Branca vs. Keone Kapisi

We stay in the heavies for the next fight which features a startlingly young Joao Cajo Branca, managed by Carlos Castenada taking on Keone Kapisi, managed by Danny Gonzalez. Branca, at 23 years of age, will have a lot to prove at these lofty heights. His practically geriatric opponent Kapisi, at 28, will be doing all he can to deny Joao his first victory at Syn. Still, don’t let age fool you, both of these guys have the striking skills to accomplish the task. G Wad wonders if Branca has the compulsory power for a heavyweight in this day and age. It’s a compelling question. Will it matter against Kapisi? Will we a definitive answer. No and no says G Wad.

Prediction: Joao Cajo Branca by TKO (Strikes) in Round 2

Steven Petersen vs. Dredman Zeus

Steven Peterson, managed by Frank Abbott and Dredman Zeus, managed by Slobo Dragovic are set to duke it out in the second to bottom fight on the card. Both of these lightweights must be feeling a bit down on their luck after similarly disappointing runs at Syn. Neverthless, G Wad doesn’t see any gaping holes or major weaknesses preventing either of these guys from turning it around in an instant and making a run. A run to where? That remains to be seen but G Wad wouldn’t count either of these fighters’ careers over just yet.

Prediction: Steven Petersen by Decision (Unanimous)

Nikolay Panayotov vs. Jamie Bounty

In the one and only light heavyweight battle of the night, Step Daddy Squiiid’s Nikolay Panayotov will be taking on Ken Noonie’s Jamie Bounty. At the ripe age of 34, Panayotov has only been able to muster up 13 fights over the course of his career, which has been defined by great power and poor chin. The Bulgarian hasn’t yet beaten anyone of distinction to set him apart from the crowd but he may just see that opportunity in Bounty. Bountry has had a long career which has seen him reach up to #130 p4p. G Wad’s judgement in the case comes down to who’s the more proven, battle tested competitor. Sorry Panayotov.

Prediction: Jamie Bounty by TKO (Strikes) in Round 2

• Upvote 15