Official Yahoo Fantasy Baseball 2014 League - 50k signup fee

You can swap guys in and out of the lineup all week long?

Yes

Is there a limit on how many starts you get per position every week?

No

There is only a minimum number of innings that must be pitched by your staff each week. They must throw 15 innings or more total in the week or your team will automatically lose all the pitching categories for that week. The week goes from Monday through Sunday.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wanted Matt Carpenter. I wanted him so bad I almost took him before Segura, but I thought about it and I was thinking I might get both of them if I took Segura first. Then I panicked and took Zimmerman which I was not thrilled about. Overall though I happy with my team minus my outfield.

Dom was eye fucking Carpenter for a while and I didn't want him. I almost took Segura right before you but Pujols was to damn tempting because, well, he's The Machine.

Dom was eye fucking Carpenter for a while and I didn't want him. I almost took Segura right before you but Pujols was to damn tempting because, well, he's The Machine.

He's looked like a broken machine the last few seasons.

Show me a cub who can give an honest opinion on a cardinal, and I'll show you a white sox fan...

Remember that he doesnt play for the Cardinals anymore?

Cardinals are easily the best run organization in pro sports. I trust their opinion over pretty much anyone elses regarding baseball, especially when it coincides with my own.

Remember that he doesnt play for the Cardinals anymore?

Cardinals are easily the best run organization in pro sports. I trust their opinion over pretty much anyone elses regarding baseball, especially when it coincides with my own.

They were right to let him go, I completely agree. I also agree that LAA is retarded for paying him as much as they are even though you haven't said that. We all know it, but that doesn't mean Pujols won't be productive. He won't put up MVP numbers this year but for the 5th round, fuck me running that's a good pick. He has the best player in baseball batting in front of him and a shit ton of money backing him up, plus hitting from the 3 spot guarantees maximum ABs.

I honestly don't know if you follow baseball, but Pujols hitting .255 is the exception, not the norm.

They were right to let him go, I completely agree. I also agree that LAA is retarded for paying him as much as they are even though you haven't said that. We all know it, but that doesn't mean Pujols won't be productive. He won't put up MVP numbers this year but for the 5th round, fuck me running that's a good pick. He has the best player in baseball batting in front of him and a shit ton of money backing him up, plus hitting from the 3 spot guarantees maximum ABs.

I honestly don't know if you follow baseball, but Pujols hitting .255 is the exception, not the norm.

34 year old(at least) athletes of that size rarely come back from knee and leg problems and approach the numbers they used to put up. Not with PED's no longer available.

I'll show you a white sox fan...

Here I am :

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/manager_avatars/1289423584tanaka.gif

I strive to be that one guy that everyone thinks about when they say "I know a White Sox fan".

Of course that's not my real picture ;)

34 year old(at least) athletes of that size rarely come back from knee and leg problems and approach the numbers they used to put up. Not with PED's no longer available.

I agree with you. Pujols will never be what he once was again... but I also think last year there were some injuries that prevented from being where he should have been. I think a nice .285/30/120 is possible. One exception to that is of course Paul Konerko who was better after everyone wrote him off a couple of years ago in 2010 and 2011. Wait a sec... he was 34 in 2010... hmm...

Then there was A.J. Pierzynski who had his best year in 2012 when he went off for 27 HRs at age 35.

I'm starting to see a pattern here...

Being from and once again living in St. Louis and being a huge Cardinals guy most of you are correct about Albert Pujoles. The cardnials should have let him go as they did, not because of the productivity drop but what they did with the money and the lineup. The Cards in the last two years would not been as good as they have been if they still had him. Once again not because of the drop off, since it might not have happened in STL. It was because we where able to become a complete team with the best depth in all of Baseball. The LAA was correct to pay him what they did, thats what the market determined he was worth. If you want to beat the Yankees do you try and do what Oakland did and still fail, or do you do what Boston did and become the Yankees? Well Boston has won two world series while Oakland has won yeah none. So if I was LAA I would buy the best players as well. I think before Albert retires he will become a major threat again, maybe not MVP numbers but close. As for getting Albert in the fifth round if he hits 290 with 30 HR and 100+ rbis and plays 150 games then you got a steel. If the back and knee and the wrist dont hold up and you get a player who bats 275 with 25 hr and 90 rbis still solid, maybe not for a 5th round pick but still solid. Personally I think it was a great 5th round pick as the upside is just to high.

I love White Sox fans, you guys are the best. I believe the term is "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Anytime I go to Chicago or you guys come up here, I always find some Sox fan to shout insults at Cubs fans with.

Two years ago Pujols hit .299 and neared his career high in doubles even though other numbers were down. That is clearly due to not getting pitches in scoring situations because there is nobody to back you up or not enough people on base to begin with. Injuries used to be a lot worse than they are now, blown ACL's aren't career ending any more for 1. Guys come back from the worst leg injury possible all of the time now.

Josh Hamilton had a shitty year last year too but I think that has a lot to do with Pujols not being 100%. If your 3 hitter isn't playing well then how can your 4 do anything? He's not going to get the pitches and he's not going to have anyone to drive in. I remember seeing Hamilton on the board and being tempted but i didn't need him at the time and I didn't want to live and die by LAA this year. I don't really see why he wouldn't have a return to form this year. With Trout batting in front of them I don't really see how Pujols/Hamilton don't get their shit together this year.

I also don't understand how they value Trout over Cabrerra on Yahoo's rankings. Mig just won a tripple fucking crown! It is crazy to think anyone wouldn't put him #1 in a game based soley on offense.

I love White Sox fans, you guys are the best. I believe the term is "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Anytime I go to Chicago or you guys come up here, I always find some Sox fan to shout insults at Cubs fans with.

It's nice to read about hillbillies and white trash coming together in mutual hatred of fans of another sports team. You set a fine example for mouth breathers everywhere chimp, keep up the good work.

I know the subhuman element of Whitesox fans (a small but very vocal minority) are obsessed more with hating the Cubs than cheering for the Sox, it's a learned behavior handed down by past generations. Why a Brewers fan would decide to hate the Cubs is rather strange to me. They have only been in the same league for less than 20 years and both teams haven't had much success in that time frame.

So is it just a way to express your hatred of gays? Or is it the jealousy of a resident of WI of Chicago?

I also don't understand how they value Trout over Cabrerra on Yahoo's rankings. Mig just won a tripple fucking crown! It is crazy to think anyone wouldn't put him #1 in a game based soley on offense.

My guess is the stolen bases. Mig & Trout's OBP was similar (Mig was .442 and Trout .432) last season... but Trout stole 30 more bases than Mig and scored 6 more runs than Mig. Mig out HRed Trout by 17 and our RBIed him by 40. Its definitely a close arguement for either of them, but I think Trout gets the nod because he's still young and most people don't think he's peaked yet. Mig, on the other hand, is older, will be hard pressed to repeat those numbers again, and doesn't have the same lineup around him that Trout does.

Why a Brewers fan would decide to hate the Cubs is rather strange to me. They have only been in the same league for less than 20 years and both teams haven't had much success in that time frame.

My guess is its the proximity factor. Milwaukee is closer to Chicago than Houston or any other team in the division is.

You're right about both teams not having much success. The Cardinals regularly thump both teams.

My guess is its the proximity factor. Milwaukee is closer to Chicago than Houston or any other team in the division is.

You're right about both teams not having much success. The Cardinals regularly thump both teams.

I don't hate any other teams. The closest I can come to hating a team would have to be the Cardinals, but that's more to do with envy than anything else. I hate Dusty Baker because I attribute his pitching use to the demise of Prior and Wood.

Most Cubs fans don't hate the Sox, but some Sox fans seem to care more about the 6 game Chi-Town series every year more than they did the WS in 05. I work construction with a lot of Sox fans, many of them would be unable to name the lineup or rotation but know every detail about the cubs and every lame joke. They enjoy hating the Cubs more, the Sox are just an afterthought or justification to hate the cubs.

I've been to Milwaukee 4 times, 3 of those were in the early 90's for Sox games with my uncle and his friends. They had cheap beer night during the week, forget what day it was. Sox fans from Chicago would bus up for it and run riot over County Stadium, easily outnumbering the Brewers fans 2-1 or more. The Sox fans acted like total savages, it was my first experience of booze fueled mob action.

Also, Hawk Harrelson is the worst broadcaster in the history of sports.

Also, Hawk Harrelson is the worst broadcaster in the history of sports.

I guess it would be a poor decision to say how much I love his broadcasts as he usually yells out exactly what I'm thinking at the time.

I guess it would be a poor decision to say how much I love his broadcasts as he usually yells out exactly what I'm thinking at the time.

Totally understandable if you watch baseball wasted and you are a very angry old man. He even turned Steve Stone into an angry guy too.

Can of Corn!

Duck snort!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBwNiZmnSDM&feature=player_embedded

The best is when he just refuses to call the play when the other team homers.

The Sox lost a lot of games last year so it was a rough year in the booth.

A lot of "You gotta be bleepin' me" type moments and not enough "this game is OVAH!!"

Watching that video just reminded me how much I hated Jason Giambi. His 'roids in the early-mid 90s cost Big Frank Thomas 2 MVP awards that he should have won and yes, last season he hit 2 walk off HRs against us.