ITFL Season 3???? Interest thread

shortfuse122829

Old guys season  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in this type of season?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. What kind of restrictions would you like to see?

• 30 and older?
    • 35 and older?
    • Minimum # of fights 30?
    • Minimum # of fights 40?

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1361817591itfl2.png

ITFL Presents Season 3????????????

The rules would be the same as always....

REQUIREMENTS/RULES:

1. Tournament would consist of 8 teams of 5 guys.

2. Each team can be purchased for 250K This money will ONLY be used for prize money at the end of the season.

3. Age or fight # restrictions is undecided yet

4. All fighters will fight at 265+lbs

5. Fights will happen on a bi-weekly basis or every 14 days

6. Teams will be split into 2 groups of 4 teams

7. You will face each team in your own group 2 times, having a HOME match, and an AWAY match.

8. You will face each team in the opposite group one time having 2 HOME matches and 2 AWAY matches.

9. Each team will have a coach/captain to do fight picks. The HOME team will make the 1st pick and the 4th pick. With the AWAY team getting 2 and 3.

10. This season each team will be permitted to make 1 fighter replacement for the whole season.

TEAM SCORING:

1. You receive 1 point for each victory you get, so a total team score can be 3-2 at the end of the 5 fights.

2. Both teams score would be added to their cumulative score throughout the season.

3. The team with the highest score at the end of the regular season will win the team prize.

INDIVIDUAL SCORING:

Borrowing this scoring system from EPL

1. You will receive 3 pts for a KO victory, 2 pts for a DEC victory and 1 point for a DRAW

2. Individual points will also be kept track of, the top 16 fighters based on total points will go on to a single elimination tournament.

PRIZES:

1. The winning team will receive 6 million dollars. 1 million to each of it's 5 members, and 1 million to the company sponsoring them.

2. The winner of the individual tournament will receive 2 million dollars and 1 yr VIP

3. The winner of the individual tournament will also be inducted into the org HOF

I have found some1 willing to create the 2nd organization and JLP would be the project manager for the org having done the first two seasons as an employee.

I also have a writing offer but that means I would need 1 more writer and the pay would likely be pretty good. I am paying 2.5 mil each to my two writers for season 2. Not sure I can afford quite that much but it'll be worth it considering you only have to write every other week.

1 thing guys should keep in mind when voting is some fighters are declining early. I know I have a 32 yr old on my roster who is already declining in physicals despite training them 3 or 4 sessions before.

• Upvote 2

yes. i love the idea of an "old timers' league.

and i voted 30 due to decline in skills that we should start seeing/noticing more and more as the year goes on.

Ya kinda hope guys vote 30 honestly. Like I mentioned my guy Evander Holyshit trained weights on mon PM to reset the ticker and declined on that shit on thurs am already....so he's def gonna get hit on his physicals pretty soon and I expect other shit to quickly follow. He's 32

i'd prefer it to be 32 or 33 and a 40 fight minimum. That way it would be a great place to take your favorite aging fighter and get them cool fights against other degrading fighters. I have a few guys who have been hit hard before turning 33 and a few guys who are 33+ and have yet to decline.

I am keen, went with 30 years old, 30+ fights. My oldest fighters are 32 I think, 130k ID, so I expect they will face some terrifying beasts from the old training systems but it is a hell of a way for them to retire I'd reckon :)

EDIT: Oldest fighters are 35 and have ~30+ fights, both were my first fighters and fought straight off the bat, not as projects so they can be used as a benchmark for that particular type.

Might do something like less then 100K ID (my 99800 guy is 31) OR age 32 (for creations not made at 18 y/o) OR 40+ fights. So there are a few qualifiers if you don't reach others.

Not sure how much to limit the fighter pool cause I've been playing 3.5 yrs & Holyshit is 1 of my first creations after VIP but only is 32 yrs old. So I'm a little worried restricting too much will make it tough to get 40 guys. At the same time I don't really want too many guys in their 'prime' cause 1 thing I noticed w/ Luka in season 1 is even if you're 100 p4p u might get a guy 3000 p4p so this tournament is more for young project type fighters looking to get quick fights & hype before heading to the big leagues OR guys who are on the decline & it's tough to find the right home. What a fun way to go out :)

Couldn't run simultaneous seasons in my org because the decreasing returns you get on events would make it hard to make enough profit to cover the prize pay-out. I do use all of the event income to cover the prize money. Season 1 is breaking pretty much even and I expect to take about a 2 or 3 mil loss probably in season 2.

Season 4 will be very similar to the current season. It will be 22-23 yr old fighters who are ready to explode onto the scene. Not sure on the exact ID range just yet because I can't project what their ages are since my youngest guy besides TUM build is 195K. Season 4 will be held back in my branch of ITFL and will begin as season 2 nears the end. It will likely be 200+K ID fighters

Couldn't run simultaneous seasons in my org because the decreasing returns you get on events would make it hard to make enough profit to cover the prize pay-out. I do use all of the event income to cover the prize money. Season 1 is breaking pretty much even and I expect to take about a 2 or 3 mil loss probably in season 2.

Season 4 will be very similar to the current season. It will be 22-23 yr old fighters who are ready to explode onto the scene. Not sure on the exact ID range just yet because I can't project what their ages are since my youngest guy besides TUM build is 195K. Season 4 will be held back in my branch of ITFL and will begin as season 2 nears the end. It will likely be 200+K ID fighters

I was referring to another org being opened. But with the losses you spoke about, not really possible I guess.