Game Timing Migration

DoctorOctagon

The game's timing keeps moving and it's super annoying.

This year the late training session, for me, has moved from 330pm, to 230, to 130 and now 1230 lol

I understand daylight savings time will adjust it for some people, but other than that the time should never change.

I know Mike used to adjust the timing because of daylight savings, so maybe it's overcompensating?

• Upvote 1

Server is running on one time, database may possibly use some offset to that and application can also have it's own timezone config. If at some point a time is passed between them without the timezone data things can easily get messed up. I'm not surprised it's happening. But from what I hear it sounds like Mike has to manually reset it twice per year so would probably be less hassle for him to do a permanent fix.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I haven't changed anything with this FWIW.

It is SUPPOSED to just run on GMT but the server company do updates without telling me, which change settings and fuck stuff up. I will do what I can to get it set fixed on GMT.

Regarding it moving 2 hours for you. I assume that's you talking about your local time. If they've set the scripts to run on BST instead of GMT, if we move forward when you move back, that's a 2 hour switch.